PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen of Death

refestus
16th Sep 2009, 02:45
I bought the retail version of the game today and installed it right away. It opens just fine and gets to the title screen. However, when I click the "Click Here" icon, it freezes up, the sound stutters and it transfers me to the dreaded blue screen of death.

I know I can run the game, I did my research before buying it and all my drivers are up to date. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game multiple times. I'm pretty lost at this point.

just to make people happy here are my specs:

Windows XP Media Center Edition
Intel Core2 Duo 1.99GHz
2gig RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon x1400

System Requirements Lab gave me the go ahead to install it.

RYO_91
16th Sep 2009, 04:00
the only ones who can help you are the eidos tech guys

LIGHTS
23rd Oct 2009, 20:17
BSODs are triggered either by your PC overheating or there is something wrong with your hardware that needs to either be fixed by a mechanic or from a warrant (requires over $100 :()

ReVolut1on
23rd Oct 2009, 20:26
Could you please post the error stop code and the name of the BSOD? Or, simply take a picture of it and upload to imageshack etc.

It may be because of bad RAM (or another component alternatively), corrupted drivers or you've got some hardware in your system that is unable to run the game (GPU?). We need to know the stop code first before we draw any conclusions.

EDIT: The stop code looks something like this: 0x00000101 or 0x0000003D. The "name" of the error is at the top, for example: IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL.