PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone playing the game perfectly for pc?

Kevin =]
16th Sep 2009, 01:41
im reading alot of the threads saying that there are alot of problems they are getting, to get a chance of light, can anyone just tell me that they have played the game the right way (such as being able to glide, installed perfectly, physx can be enabled, yada yada yada). btw im getting the retail version.

P.S. since im getting B:AA like when dlc comes out already, could someone like tell me how to download the dlc? i mean is it like logging onto windows live games and just downloading it from there?

mchart
16th Sep 2009, 02:04
I currently can't play the game because of the major bug mentioned in the 'Game Crashes' thread. Technically, I could play - But that would be with PhysX off and the game not looking anywhere near as good as it could be.

I'd say wait. The game seems to have a lot of random crashes.

Kevin =]
16th Sep 2009, 02:08
you know thanks for the quick reply, im just scared that im going to waste time to go and buy a game worth $50 and like an hour later show up again returning the game and saying "its bugged", (i have done this in the past) i just want to make sure im getting everything for my money.

jbscotchman
16th Sep 2009, 02:08
Runs great for me. I downloaded it while at work and then came home and installed without a problem

jjknap
16th Sep 2009, 02:09
Works fine for me. The patch install took a while though.

tenth8sphere
16th Sep 2009, 02:15
You should be asking if the people are able to use PhysX though. That appears to be the problem for most people.

Shaderhacker
16th Sep 2009, 02:35
Runs well for me with PhysX on HIGH!

GermanJoe
16th Sep 2009, 04:24
Peerless installation, great gameplay, tons of contents - awesome job by RockSteady!

shevanel77
16th Sep 2009, 04:35
I have physx on HIGH but there is barely any physx in the game.

Other than that, the game runs flawlessly

JayDeath
16th Sep 2009, 13:06
Yeah the game is fantastic and runs great so far. I did have one crash to desktop but I think it was a steam hipcup due to all the traffic last nite. I'm having a separate CCC issue for my ATI card but other than that, no problems so far.

Lanarian
16th Sep 2009, 13:32
Runs perfectly for me, Physx runs fine... no bugs at all... Great game!!

Nemesis296
16th Sep 2009, 13:32
I had an issue with GFWL that ended up being a patience thing...it had trouble downloading my profile, but after it installed the patch completely, it works perfect on high everything. :)

ATM743
17th Sep 2009, 00:47
I have physx on HIGH but there is barely any physx in the game.

Other than that, the game runs flawlessly

go to your nvidia control panel then check to see if physX is enabled

ATM743
17th Sep 2009, 00:48
I run this game Perfectly. looks amazing in 1920x1080

fe-man
17th Sep 2009, 00:57
im having trouble with it cause it usually crashes when the eidos logo is showing when you first start the game. sometimes i can get past this but then i always get stuck at the first gordon cut scene.

also there already is a patch? how do you get it? if its just for the nvidia cards then i shouldnt need it cause i got an ATI HD 4830.

thanks

tenth8sphere
17th Sep 2009, 00:57
Ah, the Gordon Glitch.

Inzane
17th Sep 2009, 02:13
perfect also

Inzane
17th Sep 2009, 02:16
im having trouble with it cause it usually crashes when the eidos logo is showing when you first start the game. sometimes i can get past this but then i always get stuck at the first gordon cut scene.

also there already is a patch? how do you get it? if its just for the nvidia cards then i shouldnt need it cause i got an ATI HD 4830.

thanks

He did not ask if you where having problems, he asked how many of us are running perfect.:mad2:

thecapedcrusader
17th Sep 2009, 04:00
Runs great.

Jayronathon
17th Sep 2009, 04:59
Runs like a dream!

G51VX-RX05
IntelĀ® Core™2 Duo processor P7350 2.0 Ghz
4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 memory
320GB SATA hard drive (7200 rpm)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M 1GB
Windows Vista 64 bit
Retail edition of GTAIV

GFWL Gamertag- Johnny Pessetti

enrogae
17th Sep 2009, 05:06
I had one random crash, but other than that it runs great. It's beautiful and the physx is a nice touch. I have seen/noticed a good bit of it and it's all appropriately placed. (Physx CAN be overdone, you know.) Fog moves out of my way, papers do as well.. webs part and actually stick to me when I go through them... those rubber things hanging down in a door way have a nice parting animation and stop if I stop, and go back to hanging down if I back out. Lots of nice effects. The random crash... well I'm not sure what caused it but I restarted and it was just fine.

I just finished a part with Scarecrow and it was AMAZING. The Physx (I think) effect when the walls crumble and start flying around him was just breathtaking. My jaw actually dropped.

Just in case you're wondering:

Vista 64bit
AMD Phemon II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2Ghz Quad-Core
Nvidia GTX 295 1792Mb GPU
Nvidia GTS 250 1Ghz GPU (Dedicated Physx processor)
6GB 1333Mhz DDR3 Corsair RAM

Runs great, everything at max (including Physx and AA @ 16xQ)! :)

lostsomething
17th Sep 2009, 05:54
Less than prepossessing first experiences with GFWL aside the game's fantastic.

steviey
17th Sep 2009, 06:08
I'm running great!

JSK103
17th Sep 2009, 14:33
No problems so far!

Zagadka
17th Sep 2009, 14:38
I'm at about 30% progress, and stuck on the PhysX bug. Other than that, it is pitch-perfect; I had 0 crashes before the 1.1 patch.

Dronuk
17th Sep 2009, 15:39
It's not a Physx bug.

it's windows live.

You can't play this game with a windows live account signed in or an offline account signed in.

But unless you sign them in, you can't save.

steviey
17th Sep 2009, 16:12
Maybe just you? I've had no problems playing the game with Physx on normal (GF8800 GTS 640 MB SUPERCLOCK), no AA, and auto-sigin to GFWL. Even the Steam overlay works fine and causes no issues. I haven't had a single crash or hang-up with the 1.1 patch.

Zagadka
17th Sep 2009, 16:15
Maybe just you? I've had no problems playing the game with Physx on normal (GF8800 GTS 640 MB SUPERCLOCK), no AA, and auto-sigin to GFWL. Even the Steam overlay works fine and causes no issues. I haven't had a single crash or hang-up with the 1.1 patch.

Yea, neither did I, until later in the game. It seems that t here are a few points where this error occurs. I'm stuck (no spoilers) at 30% progress, the area crashes sporadically in the area, and always when I use a door leaving the area.

Neon25
17th Sep 2009, 16:33
I've got 96% done, only 4 challenges need to be done for 100%, but they are VERY hard. I haven't encountered any glitches/bugs/triggers of any kind.

WabeWalker
17th Sep 2009, 16:37
Minimum 44
Average 75
High 110

The game is silky smooth at 1920x1080 with everything maxed out, 4x anti-aliasing, and PhysX set to high.

No crashes or bugs to speak of for me.

iluvatarirmo
17th Sep 2009, 16:51
Just got the game, been playing for half an hour and sometimes during the game i cant hear what people are saying, be they guards, the joker, batman or someone else. During cutscenes everything is great. I hope the patch fixes this.

Zagadka
17th Sep 2009, 22:22
Just got the game, been playing for half an hour and sometimes during the game i cant hear what people are saying, be they guards, the joker, batman or someone else. During cutscenes everything is great. I hope the patch fixes this.

Is it because you move away from them? The sound is 3d, you have to be fairly near a NPC or speaker/TV to hear them talk.

Kevin =]
18th Sep 2009, 04:21
hey guys just wanting to say i got the game today, game looks great, and im not experiencing any of the problems (so far) posted on the forums. im at 25% of the game and have succesfully downloaded the dembones challenge map =]

Nyte77
18th Sep 2009, 05:28
I am finally up and running after working through a few issues. I haven't played much, but what I have played has been alot of fun and looks amazing. I am very displeased with the troubles I've had with the bugs though.
1. Had to download hotfix for windows XP so I could be able to login to Windows Live and get the patch.
2. Then had to login to my Live account because it complained of some "problems". I updated a few things, but not sure what that "fixed". Anyway, it let me proceed.
3. I did get the 1.1 patch finally and successfully loaded it after a long wait and 1 & 2 above.
4. Perhaps the thing that disappoints me most is the inability to use any gamepad other than the XBox 360 controller. Apparently the "fix" is to unplug all controllers and use mouse/keyboard only. I really wanted to play using my Thrustmaster Firestorm controller, but apparently GfW:Live was made to help Microsoft corner the PC gamepad market. I'm guessing the game uses the new XInput controls, but I don't know why they couldn't let you choose DirectInput instead since it supports more controllers than XInput (360 controller only?).

Ballbag
18th Sep 2009, 14:56
Got it today in UK.
Running with Physx on high. Very nice graphics. No problems and fantastic gameplay :)
Well done RockSteady!!!!!

nklive
18th Sep 2009, 15:05

It was happening to me as well.
I fixed it by changing the Speakers Output in my laptop from 5.1 configuration to stereo. My laptop has 2.1 speakers so the problem was only if you had chosen the 5.1 configuration. I hope this helps.

ryanjm
18th Sep 2009, 15:47
;1179025']im reading alot of the threads saying that there are alot of problems they are getting, to get a chance of light, can anyone just tell me that they have played the game the right way (such as being able to glide, installed perfectly, physx can be enabled, yada yada yada). btw im getting the retail version.

P.S. since im getting B:AA like when dlc comes out already, could someone like tell me how to download the dlc? i mean is it like logging onto windows live games and just downloading it from there?

Runs perfect for me, but I don't have physx enabled (can't). The people who aren't having any problems aren't on these forums, generally.

ballsguy
18th Sep 2009, 15:51
Running perfect for me now, everything maxed with 4AA high Physx.

Just had to:

1. Install the game.
2. Download the patch.
3. Delete or move the whole Eidos program folder.
4. Install the patch.
5. Move the Eidos folder back (merge) with no overwriting.

Ace Antilles
18th Sep 2009, 16:40
Everything seems great for me!
I had a big lag in the 1st room with Zsasz for a bit but after that everything seems fine so far.

I also had a big graphic glitch in the area with "the car". But next time I loaded it was fine.
I was initially worried after seeing many reports but very happy now. :)

Paulley
18th Sep 2009, 22:01
so far everything has been great for me it all downloaded and installed fine including all the patches and DLC.

no complaints.. some slow downs in places but thats just my graphics card

Gimpymoo
18th Sep 2009, 22:44
Runs better than a pimp chasing his whore.

Inzane
19th Sep 2009, 01:31
Runs better than a pimp chasing his whore.

lmao:lol:+ post of the day:thumb:

YANG197
19th Sep 2009, 04:53
I got the game tuesday and finished it today. It was awesome. Now for the bad news. GFWL is lousy. It took me a day of research, a manual patch and a reinstall b4 I could get the GFWL to work. I end up finishing the game with an offline account first. My biggest headache right now is my logitech rumble pad will only work in reverse. In other words for Batman to go forward I have to push down on the y axis instead of going up. Nothing I do, including programming the joystick will fix it. Personally I believe it is a conspiracy by windows to get people to buy the 40 dollar plus joystick for pc.

thetonyg
19th Sep 2009, 05:06
I run this game Perfectly. looks amazing in 1920x1080

Same here, thanks to other forum members who figured out that the 1.1 patch does not install correctly! I'm now running at full 1920x1080, everything on high, and PhysX on normal. According to Fraps I am pegged at 60fps almost all the time with some dips into 40-45 fps every now and then.

I game on a Panasonic PT-AE2000U 1080p projector and a 123" movie screen and even at 123" the game looks phenomenal... the textures and graphics are I think, quite frankly, the best I've seen for a game that runs this smooth!

TheChosenOne
19th Sep 2009, 15:54
Running perfectly. Completely maxed with 8xAA every option on highest, not even one crash, slow down or any issues at all. Everything works like it should, no problems with Physx, no problems at all.

Excellent game, great performance and me very happy. And also very happy I dont have ****ty ATI card, nothing but problems with those I hear.

Q6600 @ 3.5GHz
eVGA GTX280
4GB g Skill ram

Deva
19th Sep 2009, 16:04
I am running it flawlessly didn't encounter a bug/glitch or whatever and the game is smooth