PDA

View Full Version : Failed to initialize nvidia physx? Help

GARGAZ
15th Sep 2009, 23:55
"Failed to initialize NVIDIA PhysX. Please install the latest NVIDIA PhysX system software."

Same error every time i click "Play Game", followed by BmGame.exe crashing and then a Runtime error.

8800GTX CARD

XP 32BIT

GARGAZ
16th Sep 2009, 11:24
Am i the only person that that is having this issue?

Ace Antilles
17th Sep 2009, 00:23
Log into Games for Windows Live and it will prompt you to download the PhysX patch.
There are other threads about that here but you will need to get that.

Also make sure you have the latest graphic drivers which work with BAA and update the PhysX drivers at the same time.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_190.62_whql.html

Dicofol
24th May 2010, 16:58
"Failed to initialize NVIDIA PhysX. Please install the latest NVIDIA PhysX system software."

Same error every time i click "Play Game", followed by BmGame.exe crashing and then a Runtime error.

8800GTX CARD

XP 32BIT
In Xp, find the folder located in "C:\Documents and Settings\Your user\My Documents\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\BmGame\Config" and then open the file "UserEngine.ini"
In the line
PhysXLevel=0
let =1. Save the file and open the game to see if works!

Javasyntaxerror
30th Jan 2012, 00:30
STEAM AND WINDOWS USERS ONLY: Okay this is what i did to help... if like me you have tried the PhysXLevel = 1... reinstalling physx... reinstalling bm arkham asylum.... reinstalling nvidia cntrl panel and it still doesn't work try this: Go to control panel and specifically uninstall NVIDIA physx... then go to your bm installation folder (usually C:\Steam\steamapps\common\batman arkham asylum goty) and go into the redist folder... install the PhysX_VERSION_SystemSoftware.exe and run bm with or without physx... until nvidia patches the new physx hope this helps y'all