PDA

View Full Version : Can we have the Physics from the Demo back at least?

koldune
15th Sep 2009, 20:40
A lot of people are noticing now that Physx does not work on their GeForce 8800GT cards. Problem is, disabling Physx also disables simple animations like tiles getting destroyed when you hit them or fog which were handled just fine via software acceleration in the demo.

Could Eidos please turn the Demo's software acceleration on for us PC users who don't want to spend $200 on a new card or at least give us our money back?

The Coca Cola Company
15th Sep 2009, 21:55
I have a 8800GT and PhysX works fine in the full game with the patch despite the message that it isn't supported.

The reason is that officially Eidos supports PhysX for cards such as the 9800GTX+ or faster, but as long as you have a PhysX capable card (like the 8800GT), PhysX works.

How to test it:

1) Enable PhysX in the launcher
2) Disable GPU accelerated PhysX in the nvidia control panel and run the benchmark: the framerate is around 8 fps.
3) Enable GPU accelerated PhysX in the nvidia control panel and run the benchmark again: The framerate is around 30 fps.

So you can safely ignore the message and play the game with GPU accelerated PhysX effects on your 8800GT.

Ace Antilles
15th Sep 2009, 22:39
I have a 8800GT and PhysX works fine in the full game with the patch despite the message that it isn't supported.

The reason is that officially Eidos supports PhysX for cards such as the 9800GTX+ or faster, but as long as you have a PhysX capable card (like the 8800GT), PhysX works.

How to test it:

1) Enable PhysX in the launcher
2) Disable GPU accelerated PhysX in the nvidia control panel and run the benchmark: the framerate is around 8 fps.
3) Enable GPU accelerated PhysX in the nvidia control panel and run the benchmark again: The framerate is around 30 fps.

So you can safely ignore the message and play the game with GPU accelerated PhysX effects on your 8800GT.

What's your PC specs mate?
All this talk is worrying me over my card.

I have an BFG 8800GTS 512 OC and was able to run the demo on max settings, with Phsyx High. Just about. :P Also 1440 x 900

Varthan22
15th Sep 2009, 22:51
I think the release version of the game has better physx processing and more objects in the game that use Physx. While the demo had Phyx, it was not to the extent of the release version of the game.

This is my guess I don't know for sure.

The Coca Cola Company
15th Sep 2009, 23:34
What's your PC specs mate?
All this talk is worrying me over my card.

I have an BFG 8800GTS 512 OC and was able to run the demo on max settings, with Phsyx High. Just about. :P Also 1440 x 900

I have an 8800GT 512MB (the rest don't matter for PhysX calculations). Performance seems a bit slower than the demo, around 25-35 fps but as I said the option to enable PhysX works as it should. If you feel it very slow, you can disable PhysX and have 45-60 fps.