PDA

View Full Version : ShippingPC-BMGame.exe - Has encountered a problem, etc.

CDReckless
15th Sep 2009, 20:20
Well, don't want to bag on this game b/c I really wanted to like it. But I can't even get it to start past my desktop icon. Wheeeeee! Fun times.

Everytime that I run it I received:

:***********************

ShippingPC-BMGame.exe has encountered and problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconveience. (Yeah, me, too.)

General Protection Fault!

History: ?INT?Version.ID.Unreal??INT?Version.ID.Local?FMOD: 42200/42200 Game

RaiseException() Address = 0x7c812afb (filename not found)
GColor: GetHSI() Address = 0x1c5f95a (filename not found)
Gcolor: GetHSI() Address = 0x1a9f47f (filename not found)

So, I've updated to the latest NVidia driver. Update the latest Physx driver and still nothing. Unisntalled/reinstalled the game. Same thing.

I see the mention of a patch somewhere on these posts but don't see a download (other than from a bit torrent which I'm hesitant to do).

Obviously very disappointed with Edios. It may be the last game that I get from them as I had problem on the official start date of BS: Pacific as well. I think that they concentrate more on ports than PC's. Which is fine, but not good when the day that you release it, it doesn't work.

Soo, here are specs in case anybody as

XP Pro (SP3)
AMD 6000+
Corsair 2G Ram
Corsair 850w
EGVA 260 Nvidia card
Tower, case, blah, blah, blah

The bad thing is that is basically a $50 coaster unitl I can get this fixed. Or just call it a loss and never buy from Edios again. Whichever. But if it's me, I can take the criticism as well as long as I get this up and running.

Let's see how long it takes. The clock begins . . . now!!

tenth8sphere
15th Sep 2009, 20:31
The patch is available through windows live, I believe. But their service has been spotty so friendly people on this board have offered alternative locations to download: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95819

However, as I understand it, the game should work out of the box - just not with PhysX (no option for it). So while I hope that helps you get the patch, I am doubtful it will solve your problem and hope a mod here can help you out!

CDReckless
15th Sep 2009, 20:45
Thanks for the location. I'm downloading now, but I agree with you. I don't think that will fix the problem as this looks like it's something before the game even kicks off.

The scary thing is that surfing my error message, I see it on Torrent forums (piracy @$$holes) and they get this message.

So, maybe I bought a pirated game from Wal-Mart. I mean, I hate Wal-Mart as the next man but comon. :nut:

CDReckless
15th Sep 2009, 21:45
Well, I tried the 2Share link and it made my error go away. Unfortunately, it gave me a new one.

Error: FingerPrint

So, I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game (got back my old familiar message).

Trying RapidShare site and will update when downloaded and installed.

Not having happy feelings about it though.

tenth8sphere
15th Sep 2009, 21:55
Hold the faith, CDReckless. If it becomes too much of an issue I'd just wait and come back to the forums in 2 or 3 days. By then you'll know whether Eidos is going to fix the problem or not. I have a feeling you can install/uninstall and tweak all day long in vain. From what is going on in other posts I'm guessing there's going to be a necessary patch to fix this issue.

CDReckless
15th Sep 2009, 21:58
Ah, tenth, words of wisdom never sounded so sweet from such a beautiful man.

I actually have been messing with this all day. So, I am gonig to continue on my current single path of the RapidShare upload. Give that a shot, let that fail, and then wait a few days/weeks until a patch comes out (and hope that Santa it works).

But I'll continually update this as I go and find and fail. Just so that others that run into thsi problem can see the history.

The Coca Cola Company
15th Sep 2009, 22:00
Update your sound card drivers.

CDReckless
15th Sep 2009, 23:31
Audio drivers updated. Same failure.

Mitsukayoi
16th Sep 2009, 01:35
After I finally got controller inversion I have now encountered this same error with the steam version. First crashed after taking down a thug and the game tried to go out of detective mode, and now it won't start up.

CDReckless
16th Sep 2009, 22:46
Well, I'm not sure to be happy or sad that I have company.

Too bad. This post is being bumped down so far so fast, I'm not holding out too much hope for a fix (at least within the next six weeks).

Hoorah!!!! I lost $50!!! Thanks Edios!!! :rasp:

Kalrador
17th Sep 2009, 13:18
Hey CDReckless. I am experiencing the exact same problems you are. I too am trying to get the rapidshare patch pieces atm, so hopefully that will fix the problem, but I'm not exactly encouraged at the chances so far.

Oh great..just hit another wall, can't download more than 1 file every 15 minutes on the "free user" option?? <sigh>

If it's not working by this weekend, then I'm taking the game back and getting my money back.

I'm very dissapointed at this point...

jaywalker2309
17th Sep 2009, 13:21
You dont say if you are steam download or disc purchase?

Do you get as far as seeing anything gamewise? company logos? Do you even get the launcher up?

bbb
17th Sep 2009, 13:24
Where did you get your version of the game from? Steam, Direct2Drive or DVD?

Does the demo work on your PC?

Eidos Support
17th Sep 2009, 14:29
Just a thought but do you have any antivirus software running that actively checks or reserves areas of the system memory? Try disabling it whilst running the game.

Please also post your dxdiag and msinfo files up somewhere (eg. http://www.scribd.com/ or similar) so we can look over them here or contact your local support team and send them these files to look over ( http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/worldmap.html)

[Msinfo.nfo]

1) Click Start > Run > Type in: msinfo32
2) Once system information has loaded click on File > Save and save the file onto your desktop and name it as msinfo.nfo
3) Upload and attach this file to your post

[Dxdiag.txt]

1) Press your Windows Start button normally found at the bottom left hand corner of the screen
2) Press Run
3) Type dxdiag in the box and press OK
4) Click the Save All Information (you may be asked to check if the drivers are "digitally signed"; if this is the case answer YES.)
5) Save the file to a place on your machine where you can locate it again.
6) Upload and attach this file to your post

Tamerlin
17th Sep 2009, 15:06
I get the same error, always during the opening animation as the Joker is being wheeled into Arkham. Right after Batman says, "Warden, someting isn't right". Note that I actually get the "ShippingPC-BMGame.exe" error twice; first while the screen is black, and then again after the game closes.

I'm using avast! antivirus. I turned off "resident protection" and still get the same error.

DxDiag: http://www.scribd.com:/doc/19847063
Msinfo: http://www.scribd.com:/doc/19847277

Edit: I just tried playing without signing into GFWL, and made it thru the scene with no problems. Of course, I can't save the game (who's dumb idea was that?!). Staying in the game I <esc> to the main menu, signed into GFWL, started again, and again got the same error at the same location.

jaywalker2309
17th Sep 2009, 15:56
Tamerlin - thanks for the update.. all helps us hunting down this issue

Kaliptus
17th Sep 2009, 18:33
I have the exact same problem as Tamerlin!!

I've tried everything, uninstalling/reinstalling, directx, audio driver, physx reinstall, and it didn't go any further than the damn intro. If this keeps up I'll be the one being wheeled into the madhouse next lol. :nut:

Anyway, how do you disable GFWL? It keeps logging me in everytime I start the game. I uninstalled Live/Live Redistributable from the computer but then the game would ask for xlive.dll, so I had to install it again.

Right now I'm downloading the title update patch from the url provided in the posts above even though I know it probably won't work. :(

HALP!

Kalrador
18th Sep 2009, 00:38
jaycw2309, if you were asking me...then the answer is I purchased a retail box. and I know my machine is more than capable of running the game.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3
(2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)
System Manufacturer: MSI
System Model: MS-7226
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, MMX,
3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 8800 GTS
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Display Memory: 640.0 MB
Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)

As I mentioned in another thread, I click the icon to start the game, pointer icon changes to show activity, then the "Can't initialise NVIDIA PhysX" dialog pops up. When dismissed I get another dialog about an error calling a pure virtual function asking if i want to debug it.

No splash screens, no login panels, nothing else.

Kalrador
18th Sep 2009, 00:39
As I was typing the response above I was also installing the Title Update as retrieved from rapidshare links posted in another thread. I am happy to announce that the game will now start and will now get to the Start Screen!!

I will see if the game will play later this evening.

<happy dance>

Oh, and a side note... I had to dload and use WinRAR to extract the data files. 7-zip did something weird to the data2.cab file. My guess is that the data2.cab file is actually split between the two rar files and 7-zip can't put it back together again. I've not seen that mentioned anywhere.

CDReckless
18th Sep 2009, 00:42
Dear Eidos Support.

Please find on this this URL the files that you request

http://www.scribd.com/share/upload/15714732/1rhl3cyre1vrcde06gtn

I, too, purchased mine at retail; not Steam.

I turned off my Antivirus (Norton) and got the same error.

Basically, I am unable to get to anything. I double click on the desktop icon (basically BMStartApp.exe) and get the error message. I do not get a splash screen or anything.

Hope that helps! And I'm sure that it's basically the same thing for all of us here. So, hopefully, one fix fixes all!!!

Help Eidos Support! You're our only hope! *i had to add that*

jaywalker2309
18th Sep 2009, 07:54
Sounds like you are having the .net launcher issue.. :(

On the disc there is a support folder, in there is an english folder, that will help you here.

Tamerlin
18th Sep 2009, 15:36
Sounds like you are having the .net launcher issue.. :(

On the disc there is a support folder, in there is an english folder, that will help you here.

I found the three files; UserEngine, UserGame and UserInput; from DVD/Support/English/Eidos/Batman Arkham Asylum/BmGame/Config and moved them to My Documents/Eidos/Batman Arhma Asylum/BmGame/Config.

There was no change (except for the smaller resolution; from 1920.1200 to 1024x768). The game still crashes if I am signed into GFWL during the opening scene where Batman says "Warden, something isn't right".

Edit: and because I saw it in a different thread:

My "My Documents" is my E: drive, which is on a separate partition from my C: drive.

B-B-B-Banänäbrääken
18th Sep 2009, 20:45
Hi all:wave:

So i had the "shippingPC-bmgame.exe" crash when wheeling joker into arkam.
Did as the above fellow and copy the eidos directory from the support dir. on the dvd.
Paste to my documents (witch is in E: by the way) Start the game and NOT log into GFWL... Game works like a charm :D

But with no saving i tried and logg in = Same stupid crash at the same place as before.

So what i lerned from the other threads that it has something to do with where my save games is like C or E am i right?

Sorry for bad english :nut:

PhysX = on or off dosent matter
have a retail dvd
Had an existing account on GFWL

Amd 6400
8800 gts 512
XP 32- bit
My "My Documents" is my I: drive, which is a separate partition from my C: drive

thetonyg
18th Sep 2009, 23:28
Well, I registered simply to post that I am also having the issues everyone else described, and to offer my assistance in any way with diagnosing the bug (running dxdiag and other tools are no problem, just let me know).

In short:
I too was getting the general protection fault during the first cutscene (semi-amusingly, I found a way a couple of times to let the first cutscene play in its entirety with the error dialog "flickering" through the cutscene... e.g., the game had crashed but the video was somehow still playing).

After reading through here, I found some ambiguity regarding PhysX -- I was turning mine off in Nvidia Control Panel with no success (the game just crawled at that point). When I remembered that the Launcher also had a PhysX setting, I turned it back on in control panel and off in Launcher and voila! I was able to play.

That said, I am about 20% of the way through the game and inside Arkham Mansion and I had my first crash since turning PhysX off... so it would seem that there is more than one bug amiss here?

My config is not really non-standard (how 'bout them double negatives? :)...

Vista x64
EVGA 780i SLI mobo
EVGA GTX 280 x2 in SLI
Sound Blaster X-Fi
8GB RAM
A handfull of Corsair SSDs ;) (ok, so maybe that's not too standard yet...)

I'd love to see this/these bug(s) fixed, but I am totally enjoying the game in the meantime. Hats off to Eidos and Rocksteady, the graphics even w/o PhysX are INCREDIBLE! I am playing at 1920x1080 and the game is silky smooth. I figure by the time I finish playing through on normal/medium, the bug will be patched and I can go back through a second time on hard with full PhysX!

*edit* I got the game as a digital download from ebworld.com (I *tried* Direct2Drive, but apparently everyone else was downloading the game from there because it was the first time in about 8 years that I've seen a JPEG progressively download rather than appearing all at once!)... Also, I did ensure I had the latest Nvidia and Sound Blaster drivers. I have NOT checked if I have the latest PhysX, I will go grab that now and report back immediately if it helps in *any* way.

thetonyg
18th Sep 2009, 23:52
OK, updated to latest PhysX and per advice above, disabled antivirus (NOD32). No dice. Here's the error I'm getting, which looks slightly different than CDReckless':

General protection fault!

History: QA_APPROVED_BUILD_OCTOBER_2008 177051 19-08-2009 13:45.35 FMOD: 42200/42200 Game

GImage::GImage() Address = 0xa11367 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0xa00e9a (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
GImage::GImage() Address = 0xa703fe (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
Address = 0x2036d (filename not found)
Address = 0x100018 (filename not found)
GColor::GetHSI() Address = 0x2070001 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries\ShippingPC-BmGame.exe]
Address = 0x3fa50be0 (filename not found)
Address = 0x44cf5e00 (filename not found)
Address = 0x1e9de (filename not found)
Address = 0x100000 (filename not found)
Address = 0x100000 (filename not found)

CDReckless
19th Sep 2009, 01:19
Ok, I gave the .net resolution a try (copying from Support folder to my profile location).

Still, no dice. I got the same error message. No cut scene, no splahs page. No smoke or fire coming from my rig (which would have been thuper wicked cool).

Any other ideas out there floating about? I willing to try them all.:mad2:

Tamerlin
19th Sep 2009, 02:22
Here's information from the Windows "do you want us to report this to Microsoft" dialog:

http://www.scribd.com:/doc/19921906

thetonyg
19th Sep 2009, 03:21
I am not sure if you are having the same issue I am having, but if you are, you're in luck; this post from Muggins fixed my issues entirely! Thanks to everyone in that thread for figuring the issue out!

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96034

Tamerlin
19th Sep 2009, 06:34
Thanks "thetonyg". I can confirm that on a WinXP 32-bit system moving My Documents to the C: default now allows me to play the game with no errors. The game even created a new Eidos folder for me.

My Documents | Properties | Restore Default

I only consider this a work-around. I noticed that the first save point was right with the "Something's not right" speech, so I think being signed into G4WL is a red herring. The issue was not being able to save at the expected location.

Thanks eveyone for your help.

CDReckless
19th Sep 2009, 16:53
Sorry, no luck for me. On the post that shows the files and the file size, there were some minor differences, but I haven't done anything to them.

Mainly b/c the descriptions on that post were for errors that I have not encountered (and I didn't want to try to create an additional problem by trying to use a fix for another problem for my problem. . . . problem).

Looks like many of the crashes occur during the first FMV (according to the posts that I have read). Mine looks to be bit unique in that it does even get the game started when I fire off the from the desktop icon.

So, I'll sit tight and see what tech support brings to the table on this.

Spin
19th Sep 2009, 18:53
right click the batman desktop icon, under compatability set to run under windows 98. worked for me, but does slow from time to time, but at least i can play it!!

macmurphy
19th Sep 2009, 18:59
I am having a similar problem, in as much as when I exit the game and sometimes when I get killed I receive the ShippingPC-BMGame.exe error.

I've posted the previously requested docs here...

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/3/24/2376811/msinfo.nfo

http://www.fileden.com/files/2009/3/24/2376811/DxDiag.txt

I'm aware that my audio devices don't have whql drivers and report an error in the msinfo doc but they are not the problem as I have tried disabling them and the problem persists...
Also my monitor's max resolution appears to be wrongly listed....odd :confused:

So, over to you jaycw2309 ;)

Neil.

macmurphy
20th Sep 2009, 09:15
Hmmm. It seems my problem has disappeared since I turned physx down to normal.
I was probably getting a little greedy putting it on high ;)

Well, fingers crossed this problem gets fixed for everyone else!

Neil.

PhoenixRedeemer
20th Sep 2009, 11:42
All of my crash issues were solved by going from Very High quality to High quality (and I think the only thing that changes is turning ambient occlusion off.)

So try turning off ambient occlusion and see if it helps.

lawsie
20th Sep 2009, 12:57
i sometimes get this message when exiting the game

Cruis.In
20th Sep 2009, 14:05
i just crash endlessly, ihave to restart too often to enjoy the game.

dentifrice
20th Sep 2009, 15:47
Hmmm. It seems my problem has disappeared since I turned physx down to normal.
I was probably getting a little greedy putting it on high ;)

Well, fingers crossed this problem gets fixed for everyone else!

Neil.

SAME THING !

High...game crash often...

Normal...no crash !

edit: nop.......just crashed at normal :(

CDReckless
20th Sep 2009, 16:46
So, what we are all saying is that this is the most stable game platform ever?

:nut::p:rasp:

macmurphy
20th Sep 2009, 17:02
So, what we are all saying is that this is the most stable game platform ever?

:nut::p:rasp:

:D ha!

It's the game platform with the most variable internal components ever.

I use a lot of music software and it's precisely the same situation with that.
For some it will work flawlessly, for others it will be buggy. Unfortunately that's just the way it is with PCs :hmm:

The best thing we can do is keep reporting bugs to the developers.
Like in the music tech world, some devs are better than others and Eidos at least have an ongoing presence here and appear to be listening..

Neil.

Szern
20th Sep 2009, 19:42
I have the same problem as CDReckless,
Click on the icon, and pops me an error message: Shipping Pc - BmGame.exe - Error Aplication

I have the game since yesterday and I can not even run it, it drives me crazy.
I hope that the problem will be solved in the nearest days .
EIDOS we waiting!

dentifrice
21st Sep 2009, 13:19
After some tests, I've come to the conclusion that the game crash with physx only in certain parts of the game.

Like the room in Arkham mansion when you need to find the book with finger prints. If I enabled physx (normal or High), the game will crash. Never at the same spot, but it will.

When I have crash problem, I disable physx, pass this part then renable physx. I can play with physx until the next "bugged" part.

jaywalker2309
21st Sep 2009, 15:51
After some tests, I've come to the conclusion that the game crash with physx only in certain parts of the game.

Like the room in Arkham mansion when you need to find the book with finger prints. If I enabled physx (normal or High), the game will crash. Never at the same spot, but it will.

When I have crash problem, I disable physx, pass this part then renable physx. I can play with physx until the next "bugged" part.

Hi there, if you check in your documents\eidos\batman\bmgame\logs folder could you fileshare your dmp file? post a link to the file in here and the dev team will pick up

dentifrice
21st Sep 2009, 17:07
I'll do it when I'm back at home

dentifrice
21st Sep 2009, 22:13
I sent you the file via PM

thanks

Gutterville
22nd Sep 2009, 00:10
Hi all:wave:

So i had the "shippingPC-bmgame.exe" crash when wheeling joker into arkam.
Did as the above fellow and copy the eidos directory from the support dir. on the dvd.
Paste to my documents (witch is in E: by the way) Start the game and NOT log into GFWL... Game works like a charm :D

But with no saving i tried and logg in = Same stupid crash at the same place as before.

So what i lerned from the other threads that it has something to do with where my save games is like C or E am i right?

Sorry for bad english :nut:

PhysX = on or off dosent matter
have a retail dvd
Had an existing account on GFWL
drive

having the same problem as you brother
when you log in to GFWL it crashes and when I dont login it doesn't but i can't save the game so there no point in that
try even getting a offline account same thing

mods can you help me

CDReckless
22nd Sep 2009, 00:28
Well, I have more faith than when I originally posted this. It does look like the tech team is at least aware and working on the situation. It'll (hopefully) take them a few weeks to isolate the problem. After that, everyone is at the mercy of the next release patch date.

Remember, they are probably compiling a mass of errors and fixes and trying to put them out in a single patch later on. Something that really should have been done during beta testing. But that's pretty common with games that are ports from consoles.

Not fun for those of us that shelled out the money, but it's the risk of playing off far superior platform versus a console (I'm a bit biased if you couldn't guess). :wave:

Keep on posting what you find/break/fix/resolve/throw or burn while attempting to fix this. It's the best info going around that we help each other until we get a corrective patch!!!

CDReckless
24th Sep 2009, 00:57
Bump. I'm sorry. I know that's rude, but I'm not giving up on this. :D

macmurphy
24th Sep 2009, 05:28
Bumping isn't rude mate, it's worthwhile with such an important issue.

Lockp1
24th Sep 2009, 12:28
I got the same problem only at the "Botanical Gardens", after you fight the thugs, right before you enter to confront with Poison Ivy.. and than...

Crash

it happend to me before at this specific location previews in the game but i dodged it somehow by not "lingering" too much and just continue to the next area, but if i stayed there 5 sec longer it would crashed.

anyway it happens now at the botanical gardens every time can't go on with the game...

i tryed to reinstall the game read the forums and did anything that might help ANYTHING.

i have the game from steam. hope somebody will figure something soon...:mad2:

what it says me is :

Program: ...mmom\batman arkham asylum\binaries\ShippingPc-BmGame.exe

its just say after this that for some reason it decided to terminate the application...

CDReckless
29th Sep 2009, 00:54
Bump. Haven't heard anything on this lately and still no game. :(

Anybody else having this kind of problem (besides those that posted this)?

ekwhite
29th Sep 2009, 19:33
I get the same error as in the title. I bought it as a digital download through GameStop.

angelus0901
29th Sep 2009, 19:39
I found this... Maybe it helps...

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27039840

ekwhite
29th Sep 2009, 20:53
I managed to load the game after installing the 1.1 patch. So far, so good.

CDReckless
30th Sep 2009, 00:26
Update .net a while back. Finally got a good clean download of 1.1 patch and loaded it. Got the exact same thing (not even to the splash screen).

But now the error message is

GColor: GetHSI() Address = 0x1c66300 (filename not found)
Gcolor: GetHSI() Address = 0x1aa5ded (filename not found)

Soooo, hoorah!!! Old error gone and new one here!!!

This makes me a sad panda.:mad2::hmm:

WIZARD208
30th Sep 2009, 16:11
found the solution.

- go to add/delete (software) screen
- delete the nvidia physics
- go to your retail dvd(open cd)
- you see PhysX_9.04.28_9.09.0428_SystemSoftware.exe
- install this file

it worked for me i discovered while deleting my ati driver and I also deleted nvidia p.(b aa didn't work aftrer this) installed it again and it worked:)

Jarri
30th Sep 2009, 18:40
I try this!!! thanks

Jarri
30th Sep 2009, 19:37
still crash!!! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN,this isn't nvidia bug, GFWL bug, PhysX bug. It is game bug!!! no antivirus. Clean Windows. new drivers. old drivers................ still crash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sgtjeep
30th Sep 2009, 20:28
Did you do this ?

Originally Posted by Zoran
Ok. I followed these steps posted by wekwek and it solved the Gordon crash for me. It appears it is an issue with auto patch installer.

Here's the post from wekwek that worked for me.

1. rename "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder to "Batman Arkham Asylum 2"
2. run the 1.1 patch (get it here http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95819)
3. copy every thing in the newly created "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder into "Batman Arkham Asylum 2". Overwrite EVERYTHING.
4. delete "Batman Arkham Asylum" folder
5. rename "Batman Arkham Asylum 2" back to "Batman Arkham Asylum"
6. run game and play!

I did this some time ago and it worked for me as well. I am 2/3 thru the game and lovin it with full physx turned on...however I still have one bug that shows up at every game start [ it shows up when the actual gameplay starts ]..about 1 min or so after gameplay starts..my sys will kick me back to the desktop..the game appears to be loading a file..the game will restart on its own back to the gameplay screen in about 2 min or so..no crashes after and gameplay is smooth as silk. I go get some coffee or chocolates while I am waiting for the restart. Think about it..up to you.

My sys;
Q9650 @ 3.8 gighrz
Evga 275 for graphics..Evga 8800gts 320 for Physx
6 gig DDR 800
Win 7 RC

The game also functions exactly the same on my XP Home install.
Good Luck

Frozen Ocean
30th Sep 2009, 22:39
I have the same error...

I installed this game fine on my Dad's PC (It arrived there, and we wanted to play it), I mean, as you need the disc to play, it's not a problem, right? Anyway, I installed the game on my PC... And it straight out didn't work. I get this:

" ShippingPC-BmGame.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience"

And then this:

"General Protection fault!

History: ?INT?Version.ID.Unreal? ?INT?Version.ID.Local? FMOD: 42200/42200 Game

GColor::GetHSI() Address = 0xc5f95a (filename not found)
GColor::GetHSI() Address = 0x1a9f47f (filename not found)"

And, after that, I get the first error again.

I really don't get it. It ran 100% on the other PC, and not here. By the way, I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition from Amazon (New), it's not pirated or preowned.

I really want to continue the game! Help us?

EDIT: I generally prefer PC over console, but when was the last time you got an exception on your 360 (RROD do not count, plus that doesn't happen any more)?

Barnhawk2
1st Oct 2009, 10:54
Hi I downloaded the demo and the same thing is happening with the demo as what is happening with u Reckless "ShippingPC-BMGame.exe". I cant even see the logos or anything it just crashes.

My rig can play any new game except this. I'm just glad I didnt buy the game and find this error. Eidos Please find a way around other wise U will have lost a potential costumer :D

*EDIT* I can run the game setup but before it pops up I get a message saying that my Nvidia drivers are not up to date. So I went to the site and looked for new drivers for my 9600GT and it said that there were no new updates avaliable for it. :S. And even when the game setup comes up I click on play and it has a problem with the ShippingPC-BMGame.exe and asks me do I want to send an error report to Microsoft. I dont see a title screen or even any logos it crashes before it gets there

stefa
2nd Oct 2009, 21:42
CDReckless try copying files from patch (http://www.2shared.com/file/7814982/...le_Update.html) into the game folder /binaries. This works fine with me and I had same problem as you.

CDReckless
2nd Oct 2009, 23:23
Hi Stefa,

Tried your link, but it stated that the file was invalid??? Maybe the link is busted, but it did got to file2share. Just nothing there.

However, I did have the 1.1 patch else where. Thinking that was the same patch as what was in your link, I took that and dropped it in my /binaries folder . . . and . . . blam-o.

Error message again.

So, was that link supposed to be for the 1.1 patch? If not, do you mind reposting? I'd like to give it a whirl.

stefa
3rd Oct 2009, 10:06
CDReckless you were right it wasn't right link, but this one i think it is right one http://www.2shared.com/file/7814982/9918ed88/Batman_Arkham_Asylum_Title_Update.html ...so try doing as i told you and good luck.

Frozen Ocean
3rd Oct 2009, 14:35
Still no fix?

:(

EDIT: Can we get an Eidos person in here?

madmax286
3rd Oct 2009, 16:18
Just registered to confirm that Timerlin's solution works. Many thanks Timerlin (his answer is on Page 2 I think)

Basically I was having the same problem with the OP for the last 2 weeks. Many people have been having the same problem as well (Game crashes in the Intro with the ShippingPC-BMGame.exe - Has encountered a problem).

Well, the thing is (I couldnt believe it actually), that the game cannot save. It is trying to make its first save at that point but because it cant, it crashes.

The solution is quite simple. The 'My Documents" file must be allocated to drive C: for the save function to work. Mine was designated in drive D: (the drive where i had installed the game) and that was the reason why it didnt work.

One simply has to right click on the My Documents file, go to properties and allocate the file to drive C: I had noticed also that a seperate eidos folder was created in my drive D: which contained the Save files. I cut and pasted that file to the My Documents file (now allocated to drive C:) and everything was working.

Thanks again Timerlin for your help. I can finally play this game

*Edit- If this solution works for everyone i suggest a moderator to sticky this thread because it will save many people the frustration......

Jarri
3rd Oct 2009, 16:30
WOW. On Vista Batman doesn't crash, because "my documents" is on the C:
But I am playing Batman on XP because better FPS and XP is on drive D: and "my documents" and Batman is crashing.
I am going to set "XP My Documents" to C: Really thanks

Jarri
3rd Oct 2009, 17:12
still crash :((( my XP documents and settings allocated on drive C: from drive D:

CDReckless
4th Oct 2009, 01:17
Stefa and all,

Your link worked that time around. Unfortunately, the fix that you have didn't. Still same error.

My "My Documents" is already allocated to my C: drive (my game is on F, but the My Doc is on C:) so that didn't fix anything.

Still here waiting to play this thing. I'm sure that it's fuunnnnnnuuuhhhnnnnn. But I wouldn't know.

Still a sad panda.

**Oh, I forgot to mention that I tried all of the above suggestions as well. Still no go.**

Nirneane
5th Oct 2009, 02:54
I've been following this thread for a while now... I have the same problem as CDReckless. I tried a few of the suggestions, but still no go. Tried patch 1.1 - then the error just becomes something else. Paid $50 for mine via Direct2drive.

I have an ATI card. I've had some GFWL issues in the past. Seems ok now when I play Warhammer 40k. I suspect GFWL as well...

Jarri
5th Oct 2009, 17:13
**** **** ****,fix this stupid crashing bug ****

LuKs_BR
5th Oct 2009, 19:59
Hey guys, I just signed in, and really want to thank you for all kind of help you've been giving those people that have this problem. :D

Here's what happens to me: Everytime I Load my game, and click into "Continue Story", the "Shipping-PC-BMGame.exe" stuff closes my game. But here's the catch: That only happens when I have PhysX enabled in the BmLauncher settings, otherwise the game runs normally amd smooth. :o

Anyway, I've been surfing the Internet for a lot of answers, and I couldn't find one that solved my issue. And I'm pretty sure my graphic card ( NVidia Geforce 9500GT ) is able to run the PhysX in the game. So I found a solution for it!

Open up your Graphic Card's Control Panel and, first, be sure you have the latest driver. Now, check if your Panel show's up in the left corner this option: "3D Settings > Set PhysX configuration". If not, then your GC does not support PhysX, and, therefore, won't be able to run the game with these settings Enabled. All you have to do, in this case, is disable it in the game settings and run normally.

If your Panel shows that, click "Set PhysX configuration". That will lead you to another page in the Panel. Note now that you have a little box, that probably says:
"´PhysX GPU Acceleration is..."
( ) Disabled
(o) Enabled.

And that was my problem. I don't know the real reason for that, but if you leave the option Enabled, your game will crash. So, you must leave it like this:
(o) Disabled.
( ) Enabled.

Click Apply in the bottom-left, and close your Panel. Open the game via BmLauncher.exe and pick Settings: Make sure yout PhysX is enabled in this game window. Click ok, and launch the game.

No error, clean and smooth! Ran the game normally, with no crashes and PhysX rocking hard! ;) Hope it helped!

CDReckless
6th Oct 2009, 00:42
Hi Luks_BR,

Thansk for the info. I did as you suggested (though I was unable to see any see any choice in my settings window for enabling PhysX).

However, I still received the same result. I wish that a moderator would at least come in for a sec and say that they are looking into it. I know that they came in a while back and asked for info, but since then . . . *crickets*

This, at this point, is beyond frustrating. :confused:

Jarri
6th Oct 2009, 18:22
WHOLE GAME IS FULL OF BUGS!!!!! with physx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! low fps-5 fps on scary part of game. crashing to desktop. bad graphic sometimes

my confg: corei7, 2x GTX280 SLI, 6GB DDR3
191.07 WHQL 1.1 patch

CDReckless
8th Oct 2009, 01:13
I found the solution!!

What you do is when your ice cold beverage begins to create condensation and make a water ring on your desk, you take the Batman AA disc and put it UNDERNEATH it.

That stops the water from warping the wood.

*phew* I was thinking that I just wasted my money on this thing. But no so. I feel better now.

:rasp:

lawsie
8th Oct 2009, 01:47
now that really is cd reckless!

Barnhawk2
10th Oct 2009, 08:02
Come on edios u cant keep on screwing with people. People have payed money for ur game and its not working for some reason and u need to look into it. Or at least post a message saying that you are.

CDReckless
10th Oct 2009, 19:13
*crickets*

At this point, I kind of hope that Eidos doesn't make another game that I want to play. I sure will miss not buying whatever it is.

jbscotchman
11th Oct 2009, 01:07
This is really getting ridiculous now. I bought the STEAM version and played it for countless hours with no problems. Now the problem is getting more and more frequent, anytime I die, or even exit the game properly it crashes with the "ShippingPC-BMGame.exe error" Thankfully I can still play the game but its now very annoying. I've got the latest Nvidia drivers and have downloaded the patch through crappy GFWL. :mad2:

Why GFWL was ever a part of this game is a mystery to me. Keep it out of PC gaming! We don't want it!

Frozen Ocean
11th Oct 2009, 18:40
Why GFWL was ever a part of this game is a mystery to me. Keep it out of PC gaming! We don't want it!

I know! It's good for Achievements (I'm also a 360 gamer), but GFWL should be optional! It really, really sucks. You'd think the PC version of Xbox LIVE Marketplace would be easier to use, but nooo... it sucks. Plus, my Gamerscore is at the height where I don't care about G anymore. However, the blink of an 'Achievement Unlocked' is still satisfying.

CDReckless
16th Oct 2009, 00:33
Bump. Sooooo, PC Gamer gave this over 90%. I'm so dying to play this.

Any news? Eidos? Anyone?

*crickets*

sigh

Barnhawk2
16th Oct 2009, 14:05
Well its been how many days since its been released and still no word only a half arse patch. Well edios uve lost my money for pc games

Dephrone
16th Oct 2009, 16:27
Well well I stopped to play BAA until a new patch would be released. I'm at the end of the game but impossible to finish it as It crashes.

Random multi-crashes has really spoiled the pleasure to play this amazing game.

Next time before rush and buy an Eidos game I'll first follow the commenst on their forum and masterpiece or not. I'll not buy it if we can't just play it without a crash all the X minutes or hours as they''re totally randomly.

A bored costumer

CDReckless
17th Oct 2009, 15:10
Not sure which is worse, Dephrone. Playing it and it crashing right at the end OR not even getting to the splash screen.

Even money for me.

Either way, great job on the programming guys!!!

Leapo
17th Oct 2009, 18:13
I managed to finish the game, but the crashing was rather annoying.

I've heard it might have something to do with audio drivers; some people say they've managed to get past crashes by disabling their sound card from the device manager. Most often these problems are associated with Realtek sound cards.

I use a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 as my sound card, but I have a Realtek HD Audio built into the motherboard (and enabled). I disabled the Realtek card from the device manager and the game hasn't crashed yet...so there might be something to this.

For reference, this is the crash I was getting most often before disabling that Realtek sound card
http://kimag.es/share/77579695.png

Leapo
17th Oct 2009, 19:17
Spoke too soon, crashed again, even after updating my Audigy 2 to the latest drivers :mad2:

Please fix this Eidos!

Edit: the game seems to like throwing all sorts of different errors. I'm now trapped in the Botanical Gardens, if I try to leave it crashes with this instantly
http://kimag.es/share/28235369.png

Leapo
19th Oct 2009, 21:46
You know what really bothers me about all this? Every other Unreal Engine 3 game I have installed works perfectly.

Bioshock, Unreal Tournament 3, Mirrors Edge; they all work fine. I never experienced a single crash with the Batman Arkham Asylum Demo either...so what changed?

None of the above games, nor the demo for Batman, have Games for Windows Live. The full version of Batman does. Coincidence?

CDReckless
19th Oct 2009, 22:27
Coincidence = Guilty as charged

And I tried all of that with my audio drivers (practically rebuilty my rig).

Still no go.

Leapo
19th Oct 2009, 22:56
Any possible way for us to fix it, then? Manually downloading and installing the latest version of GFWL perhaps?

Would be nice if Eidos would at least acknowledge the issue...

CDReckless
20th Oct 2009, 01:03
Already tried the manual install. I dang near tried everything.

Except play that is.

This is the second most disappointing thing that has happend to me this year in PC gaming.

The other being the decision by Infinity Ward not to have dedicated servers.

InCubati0n
20th Oct 2009, 10:39
If have tried everything, but it failed. It seems to be a problem with the game itself. I have updated every little thing and every game runs fine - except this.

So cross your fingers and wait for a patch (Ift there will be one)
Im just curious why Eidos doesnt post here anymore...sad

daventry
20th Oct 2009, 11:06
They are Happy with their Money now and wont be bothered with another Patch, so im selling BAA and never gonna buy a Windows Love Game again :wave:

Leapo
20th Oct 2009, 20:10
Hold your horses everyone! New information has come to light. Games for Windows Live isn't the only thing added to the final version of Batman.

The Steam version of Batman Arkham Asylum has added SecuROM protection. The DVD version and the Demo do not. How many here are using the Steam version? :wave:

I borrowed the DVD version of the game from a friend, and I can confirm that all of my crashing issues are gone. This isn't a Games for Windows Live problem, it's a SecuROM problem.

I'm going to start a new thread for this...

CDReckless
22nd Oct 2009, 00:48
I'm using the DVD and not Steam. So, it still sucks.

patongue
22nd Oct 2009, 03:32
Hey guys, I just signed in, and really want to thank you for all kind of help you've been giving those people that have this problem. :D

Here's what happens to me: Everytime I Load my game, and click into "Continue Story", the "Shipping-PC-BMGame.exe" stuff closes my game. But here's the catch: That only happens when I have PhysX enabled in the BmLauncher settings, otherwise the game runs normally amd smooth. :o

Anyway, I've been surfing the Internet for a lot of answers, and I couldn't find one that solved my issue. And I'm pretty sure my graphic card ( NVidia Geforce 9500GT ) is able to run the PhysX in the game. So I found a solution for it!

Open up your Graphic Card's Control Panel and, first, be sure you have the latest driver. Now, check if your Panel show's up in the left corner this option: "3D Settings > Set PhysX configuration". If not, then your GC does not support PhysX, and, therefore, won't be able to run the game with these settings Enabled. All you have to do, in this case, is disable it in the game settings and run normally.

If your Panel shows that, click "Set PhysX configuration". That will lead you to another page in the Panel. Note now that you have a little box, that probably says:
( ) Disabled
(o) Enabled.

And that was my problem. I don't know the real reason for that, but if you leave the option Enabled, your game will crash. So, you must leave it like this:
(o) Disabled.
( ) Enabled.

Click Apply in the bottom-left, and close your Panel. Open the game via BmLauncher.exe and pick Settings: Make sure yout PhysX is enabled in this game window. Click ok, and launch the game.

No error, clean and smooth! Ran the game normally, with no crashes and PhysX rocking hard! ;) Hope it helped!

Hi,

Just wanted to add I've been having similar problems where game would crash (after installing 1.1) after the splash logo in the intro.

I reinstalled, did the official GFWL update, etc., still had the same issue.

I tried the method above and I can play the game normally but with significant slowdown - looks to me like although i toggled physx on in the control panel, it's not working in the game?

I'm running 2x 8800GT SLI

Not sure what's going on, guess i could play with no physX as in 1.0, but it just feels wrong i cannot apply this update succesfully.

thx to all those who have been contributing to this thread.

EDIT: i guess i was greedy and having the game set at "high" for physx in the game settings... seems my setup can only play normal? there is still significant slowdown though..

CDReckless
23rd Oct 2009, 16:11
Still doens't work on mine when I play on low settings. :mad2:

CDReckless
27th Oct 2009, 00:11
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

*bump*

bdunn1981
27th Oct 2009, 18:02
I have the Steam version and have the same problems.I think it has a lot to do with Steam tho.I think Eidos should send a dvd copy to the customers who bought the Steam version and cant play.The demo worked fine for me.

Gefilte
27th Oct 2009, 22:41
One of my crashing event log:

"Faulting application shippingpc-bmgame.exe, version 1.0.1.0, faulting module
physxcore.dll, version 2.8.1.33, fault address 0x0018ea72. "

I haven't notic any Error related to my GPU though only this.
My game edition is DVD by the way.

glowprince
28th Oct 2009, 00:20
I am stuck at the botanical Gardens just like somebody else on this thread. It is crashing with the same executive error. We have a fix yet?

CDReckless
28th Oct 2009, 02:15
A fix? Hell, we don't even have a reply yet from Eidos.

Just for kicks (and an expensive kick), I bought a new vid card to see if it would work.

Currently had a Nvidia 260 and went different chipset and everything to ATI 5850.

Same thing. So, it isn't a driver issue. It's a "Ha Ha!! We got your fifty bucks and now you get nothing" issue.

Conway044
29th Oct 2009, 14:44
Do you have PowerDVD version 6.0 installed on your PC? I was having similliar trouble but found that if I went into the task manager and killed PDVDServ.exe BAA would run.

glowprince
31st Oct 2009, 01:09
:mad2:

no, I don't have that installed. Isn't there anyone we can talk to? I can't play this game at all. I can't get past the beginning of the botanical gardens because the game crashes every time. Isn't there a support number? Someone? I paid $50 and now I feel like I've been ripped off because there is no one available to help. I am willing to work with somebody to fix this.

CDReckless
31st Oct 2009, 15:20
No, I don't have PowerDVD installed either.

A support number? NO, that would mean that they take responsibility on something.
Someone? NO. They got our money. Why would they want to deal with us now? We're just annoying at this point. (They'll let us vent our frustration here. But let's face it. We just paid $50 so that we have something to talk about).

Ripped off? You bet! They look at it like this: ppl pirate games, so we cross platform it, but you're on your own after that.

And they end that will a big "SUCKER!!!" at the end.

Well, it's the last Eidos game I ever buy. Not that they care.

Dephrone
31st Oct 2009, 15:36
Update

I just wanted to let know to the Baa's community this:

I've installed Windows Seven Pro 64bits since the release. Then I tried BAA with my fingers crossed.

The game didn't crash, I started it from the beginning until the end. Without any problems and as this been able to fully enjoy this amazing game and its atmosphere.

I'm really happy for this happy ending and thanks once again Rocksteady for this great game.

On the other side I still believe it's unfair to let the gamer's community in the fog about the possibility of a future patch for Windows Xp or any real help for the people who can't enjoy a game that they've paid for.

By luck Windows Seven came from nowhere and saved me :D (Batman inside :lol: )

Config: P5Q
Dual core E8500
4 Gig Ram Kingston HyperX
Nvidia ZOTAC GTX-285 AMP! 1GB

CDReckless
1st Nov 2009, 01:29
Well, I'm happy to know that someone actually has got the game up and running. No kidding, I am. Now, for my sarcasm.

Sooooo, we have to buy an entirely new operating system in order to get the game to work?

Let me seeee herrrrrre . . . nope. No where on the box does it say that I have to buy a new OS to play it. Hmmmm. Not sure I would have paid $50 for the game knowing that I to drop $100-200 for a new OS.

Hmmmmm........why do I hear faint laughter coming from Eidos? Must be my imagination.

My imagination. The only place that I can actually play the game. And . . it . .. is . . AWESOME!!!!

aussie500
1st Nov 2009, 09:45
No, I don't have PowerDVD installed either.

A support number? NO, that would mean that they take responsibility on something.
Someone? NO. They got our money. Why would they want to deal with us now? We're just annoying at this point. (They'll let us vent our frustration here. But let's face it. We just paid $50 so that we have something to talk about).

Ripped off? You bet! They look at it like this: ppl pirate games, so we cross platform it, but you're on your own after that.

And they end that will a big "SUCKER!!!" at the end.

Well, it's the last Eidos game I ever buy. Not that they care.

The information for contacting Eidos Technical Support is in the game manual for those who brought the digital version the address is.
http://www.eidosinteractive.co.uk/support/worldmap.html

Register and submit a ticket (if you have a local support site) with as much information about the problem including the information which was asked for earlier in the thread. You are far more likely to get a response going directly to Technical Support, rather than depending on a few volunteers reading the forum in their spare time.

Just a thought but do you have any antivirus software running that actively checks or reserves areas of the system memory? Try disabling it whilst running the game.

Please also post your dxdiag and msinfo files up somewhere (eg. http://www.scribd.com/ or similar) so we can look over them here or contact your local support team and send them these files to look over ( http://www.eidos.co.uk/support/worldmap.html)

[Msinfo.nfo]

1) Click Start > Run > Type in: msinfo32
2) Once system information has loaded click on File > Save and save the file onto your desktop and name it as msinfo.nfo
3) Upload and attach this file to your post

[Dxdiag.txt]

1) Press your Windows Start button normally found at the bottom left hand corner of the screen
2) Press Run
3) Type dxdiag in the box and press OK
4) Click the Save All Information (you may be asked to check if the drivers are "digitally signed"; if this is the case answer YES.)
5) Save the file to a place on your machine where you can locate it again.
6) Upload and attach this file to your post

CDReckless
1st Nov 2009, 23:46
I probably needed to post that I put a ticket in the first day. And I submitted their requested files a few days later after they requested them. Since, then, nuttin'.

THAT'S why I'm so frustrated. They have been "working" on this for weeks now and I can't get a response from anyone. So, I vent here.

At least the thread grows daily. :)

Thanks for the info though. Though it hadn't been posed yet, all of those were done.

j2much4u
3rd Nov 2009, 21:58
I probably needed to post that I put a ticket in the first day. And I submitted their requested files a few days later after they requested them. Since, then, nuttin'.

THAT'S why I'm so frustrated. They have been "working" on this for weeks now and I can't get a response from anyone. So, I vent here.

At least the thread grows daily. :)

Thanks for the info though. Though it hadn't been posed yet, all of those were done.

:mad2::mad2:

well, yesterday i bought the game, but first of all I had no problems when i played the DEMO version of BAA in my pc, why i cant run the full version?

I would like to explain what i did:

1. I heard something about the Realtek Sound Drivers. So today i bought a PCI 5.1 Sound Card. And BAA doesnt work.

2. I heard something about PowerDVD, I stopped the process and? The game doesnt work.

3. Found the 1.1 Patch, installed and GUESS WHAT? Doesnt work...!!!

My PC?

MainBoard Biostar
Intel D 2.0 Ghz Processor
ATI HD 4650 1GB PCI-E Video Card
Genius 5.1 Acceleration Card
Windows XP Service Pack 2

BUT! Ive a friend who installed the game and runs perfectly, he has a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows Vista an ATI Builtin video card

So CDReckless, I think that our OS is the f*ing problem... :(:(:(

Why Eidos develops a game without taking in consideration that out there is a lot of ppl running XP SP2? I dunno...

This is REALLY annoying, Eidos is gonna have to pay for my new sound card and the hundreds of aspirins im taking for the headache lol

If i finally find a solution, ill post it here

Sorry for my english, cant write or think with this headache

deders
3rd Nov 2009, 22:51
:mad2::mad2:

well, yesterday i bought the game, but first of all I had no problems when i played the DEMO version of BAA in my pc, why i cant run the full version?

I would like to explain what i did:

1. I heard something about the Realtek Sound Drivers. So today i bought a PCI 5.1 Sound Card. And BAA doesnt work.

2. I heard something about PowerDVD, I stopped the process and? The game doesnt work.

3. Found the 1.1 Patch, installed and GUESS WHAT? Doesnt work...!!!

My PC?

MainBoard Biostar
Intel D 2.0 Ghz Processor
ATI HD 4650 1GB PCI-E Video Card
Genius 5.1 Acceleration Card
Windows XP Service Pack 2

BUT! Ive a friend who installed the game and runs perfectly, he has a HP Pavilion Laptop with Windows Vista an ATI Builtin video card

So CDReckless, I think that our OS is the f*ing problem... :(:(:(

Why Eidos develops a game without taking in consideration that out there is a lot of ppl running XP SP2? I dunno...

This is REALLY annoying, Eidos is gonna have to pay for my new sound card and the hundreds of aspirins im taking for the headache lol

If i finally find a solution, ill post it here

Sorry for my english, cant write or think with this headache

I think you're jumping to a lot of conclusions. I've been playing the game on XPsp3 for quite some time and although i've encounterer some persistant crashes, (given they don't seem to appear on Vista64 with exactly the same hardware) the game is 90% playable.

These are the minimum requirements for the game:

OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP or Vista
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3500+
RAM: 1GB for Windows XP 2GB for Windows Vista
GRAPHICS: nVidia 6600 or ATI 1300
SOUND: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible)
DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
HARD DRIVE: 9GB free disk space

The recommended system requirements are as follows:
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz) or Athlon 64 X2 4600+
RAM: 2GB for Windows XP 3GB for Windows Vista
GRAPHICS: nVidia 9800GTX or ATI 3870
SOUND: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible)

Your CPU is below the minimum and even your Genuis soundcard (if it's like the ones you get when you type Genius 5.1 into google) came out before DirectX9 did so it's unlikely to be fully compatible with 9c. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

What happens when you try and load the game?

gganate
4th Nov 2009, 03:08
I'm having the same problem as Cdreckless. I can't even load the game. I get a general protection fault error as soon as I try to launch the game. The copying the configs fix from the readme hasn't worked. Neither has updating my graphics drivers. Eidos support thinks its my sound card drivers, but I get the same problem with or without a sound card. My system specs are a dual core Athlon x2 6000+, 2 gigs of ram, an ati 2600 xt, and windows xp service pack 3. In all my years of pc gaming I've never had a game that refused to even start right after installation. To any devs or mods with connections, is there any word on a fix for general protection error crashes? I think a couple people are suffering from this problem.

gganate
4th Nov 2009, 03:58
Can somebody who is getting the game to work in windows xp share what version of the .Net framework they have? Installed versions are listed under Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.

deders
4th Nov 2009, 09:45
Can somebody who is getting the game to work in windows xp share what version of the .Net framework they have? Installed versions are listed under Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.

2.0 sp2
3.0 sp2
3.5 sp1

ramble235
4th Nov 2009, 18:03
If your problem is that the game crashes at the end of the opening cutscene, then this may be your solution:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1212877#post1212877

This is not the solution for the OP. Sorry.

gganate
4th Nov 2009, 21:42
Ok, so I made a new folder with the directory C:\Documents1 and I made that the new target of My Documents. I still get the same general protection fault. Also, I tried changing the name of My Documents to My Documents1. That also didn't help. Any more advice?

gganate
4th Nov 2009, 21:43
2.0 sp2
3.0 sp2
3.5 sp1

I have the exact config, yet I'm still having the .Net problem.

j2much4u
4th Nov 2009, 23:23
I think you're jumping to a lot of conclusions. I've been playing the game on XPsp3 for quite some time and although i've encounterer some persistant crashes, (given they don't seem to appear on Vista64 with exactly the same hardware) the game is 90% playable.

These are the minimum requirements for the game:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3500+
RAM: 1GB for Windows XP 2GB for Windows Vista
GRAPHICS: nVidia 6600 or ATI 1300
HARD DRIVE: 9GB free disk space

The recommended system requirements are as follows:
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz) or Athlon 64 X2 4600+
RAM: 2GB for Windows XP 3GB for Windows Vista
GRAPHICS: nVidia 9800GTX or ATI 3870

Your CPU is below the minimum and even your Genuis soundcard (if it's like the ones you get when you type Genius 5.1 into google) came out before DirectX9 did so it's unlikely to be fully compatible with 9c. I hope you didn't pay too much for it.

What happens when you try and load the game?

thanks 4 ur answer

lol yeah, $15 for the sound card dude, xD

but i came up with that idea (the OS thing) cuz DirectX 11 is only for Win7.. so i thought it might be something wrong with xp or directx...

guess what i did? downloaded a Win 7 trial, and installed BAA, and guess what? doesnt work... so it is not the OS... :scratch::scratch:

about the requirements,

OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP or Vista PASSED
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz) or Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Intel D is dual core in case u didnt know
RAM: 2GB for Windows XP 3GB for Windows Vista PASSED
GRAPHICS: nVidia 9800GTX or ATI 3870 i have ATI HD 4650 so, PASSED
SOUND: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible) Now, heres where i find a problem, my sound card is not compatible??? What about the Realtek built in???
DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive PASSED

at this point i dunno what to do... buy a new PC?

Thats why i love Mac, but when it comes to Games, i prefer PC, but i wanna play BAA... this is just annoying...:mad2::mad2::mad2:

deders
4th Nov 2009, 23:49
Macs are great if you want something to work first time, but you just can't get the same range of games and apps for them.

I think you will have more luck with your built in realtek if you have the latest drivers.

I've always associated D model Pentiums with single core Pentium 4's, like the 3Ghz one in the minimum spec, but I see there are a couple of dual core chips that were released under D.

The easiest way to check how many cores you have is to open the task manager (right click on taskbar and select task manager) and go to the performance tab, you should have two graphs under CPU Usage History instead of one.

Arkham Asylum uses DirectX9 so as long as yours is up to date it should be fine. if anything it runs faster and smoother on the same hardware in XP than it does in Vista.

ramble235
5th Nov 2009, 00:22
Ok, so I made a new folder with the directory C:\Documents1 and I made that the new target of My Documents. I still get the same general protection fault. Also, I tried changing the name of My Documents to My Documents1. That also didn't help. Any more advice?

Did you just change the target by editing the path or did you use the Move button (Right click on My Documents from Windows Explorer, click Move, select new destination)? Also, if you are moving to the same drive, you'll have to copy all of your folders into the new My Documents directory because will not do this automatically.

It may be that you are experiencing a different problem than mine. Mine was the crash that occurs at the end of the opening cutscene, when Batman says something like "I don't like it" and pushes Joker into the elevator. The game is trying to save but cannot locate the save folder.

I do believe that the "general fault" error that peeps are having is a different issue.

gganate
5th Nov 2009, 00:43
Did you just change the target by editing the path or did you use the Move button (Right click on My Documents from Windows Explorer, click Move, select new destination)? Also, if you are moving to the same drive, you'll have to copy all of your folders into the new My Documents directory because will not do this automatically.

It may be that you are experiencing a different problem than mine. Mine was the crash that occurs at the end of the opening cutscene, when Batman says something like "I don't like it" and pushes Joker into the elevator. The game is trying to save but cannot locate the save folder.

I do believe that the "general fault" error that peeps are having is a different issue.

We're having a different issue. I've never even gotten the game to load once. My problem seems to be exactly like one CDReckless is experiencing.

ramble235
5th Nov 2009, 00:56
We're having a different issue. I've never even gotten the game to load once. My problem seems to be exactly like one CDReckless is experiencing.

Yah, I'm sorry. I first read the OP a while ago and did not remember the details when I posted my "solution".

I did however read other posters having the same problem as mine so hopefully some will benefit.

Good luck.

gganate
5th Nov 2009, 04:14
In addition to the general protection error I've been getting after clicking bmgame.exe, I get this nice blurb from Microsoft's .Net framework after I try to start by clicking the launcher. Does any of this mean anything to anybody?

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Runtime.InteropServices.SEHException: External component has thrown an exception.
at BmLauncherLib.PhysXSDK.{ctor}(PhysXSDK* )
at BmLauncherUtils.PhysXSDK..ctor()
at BmLauncher.Settings.DetermineDefaultPhysXLevel()
at BmLauncher.Settings.StaticInitialise(IniFile iniFile, IniFile iniEng, IniFile iniInst, SystemInfo sysInfo, String localePath, String localeConfigFile)
at BmLauncher.Form1.Initialise()
at BmLauncher.Form1.OnLoad(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BmLauncher
Assembly Version: 1.0.1.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.1.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Eidos/Batman%20Arkham%20Asylum/Binaries/BmLauncher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Management
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Management/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Management.dll
BmLauncherUtils
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.1.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Eidos/Batman%20Arkham%20Asylum/Binaries/BmLauncherUtils.DLL
msvcm80
Assembly Version: 8.0.50727.3053
Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.3053
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/WinSxS/x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.3053_x-ww_b80fa8ca/msvcm80.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3082 (QFE.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

deders
5th Nov 2009, 04:23
I think you may have to uninstall .net framework 3.5 and re-install it.

gganate
5th Nov 2009, 14:46
I think you may have to uninstall .net framework 3.5 and re-install it.

Yeah I've tried that. I have a new theory. I had to use system restore awhile back and I'm wondering if doing that messed up my nvidia physx. I notice a lot of references to physx in the error report I just posted. Also, if I bring up add or remove programs, I see two references to Nvidia physx, both of which refuse to be removed. So I'm thinking maybe the physx is corrupted somehow. I had the software on my computer prior to the system restore. Any attempt to reinstall it results in an error, something like "C:\Windows\Installer\...." is corrupt.

So I'm digging out my windows vista cds. I tried to "upgrade" to vista when it first came out, but I was turned off on how buggy it initally was. Here's to hoping that the game will play on vista.

deders
5th Nov 2009, 14:56
that sounds like it could be the cause. after uninstalling and using driver sweep (make a note of what files driver sweep removes so you can search for any duplicates) you may have to manually remove all related files, registry entries, and the file that the error points to. What happens when you try to uninstall both the physx entries?

It will play on vista but noticably slower and jerkier on some borderline hardware, if you are well above rec spec then you should have no problems

gganate
5th Nov 2009, 22:06
Well switching to Vista worked. The game runs fine and it looks fantastic. It's a shame I had to go to so much trouble though and I'm still not sure what the problem was exactly. Thanks to everyone who offered solutions.

CDReckless
6th Nov 2009, 02:21
So, so far the only answer we've seen is chaning away from XP.

Niiiiiiiiice. But be in the fine print on the box that I can't see.:mad2:

deders
6th Nov 2009, 02:46
So, so far the only answer we've seen is chaning away from XP.

Niiiiiiiiice. But be in the fine print on the box that I can't see.:mad2:

when was the last time you re-installed windows?

CDReckless
6th Nov 2009, 05:23
Wow, my last post hard horrible grammar. :)

I upgraded my XP (clean fresh install was about six months ago or so).

Leapo
9th Nov 2009, 01:44
I don't think Windows XP is the issue, as I was having the same issues on Windows 7 x64.

As far as I can tell, this is largely caused by SecuROM. It hits Steam users especially hard because the Steam version has more SecuROM protection that the DVD version. If the Demo worked fine for you, and the full game is crashing, this is DEFINITELY something to consider (the demo didn't require you launch the game through BmStartApp.exe, the SecuROM Launcher).

The only solution I've found so far is to replace BmStartApp.exe with a version with SecuROM stripped out (note: I legally purchased the game through Steam). After doing so, and making no other changes to my system, all the crashes stopped immediately.

I say it's time we start sending a slew of bug reports and complaints to SecuROM.

CDReckless
10th Nov 2009, 00:39
I guess I'm not tech savy enough to be able to do that on my own.

If I've bought a retail version (not Steam), is it easy enough to create a walkthough on how to do this?

I'd like to try if possible.

deders
10th Nov 2009, 00:44
I guess I'm not tech savy enough to be able to do that on my own.

If I've bought a retail version (not Steam), is it easy enough to create a walkthough on how to do this?

I'd like to try if possible.

Unfortunately for you this is the last place you'd want to talk about using cracks for games.

glowprince
10th Nov 2009, 00:46
Still stuck here in the botanical gardens, crashing if I run past the plaque.

glowprince
10th Nov 2009, 00:50
I just wanted to add that it seems other people are hijacking this thread. This thread should only be for the problem where the executable crashes as described. I know that it's the active thread on the forum, but can we please make sure that we keep the thread clear? Also, I think we should be receiving some kind of a acknowledgment from the staff here or some offer of help. I personally would like it fixed or refund; it is unplayable. I can't move at all past this one spot.

CDReckless
10th Nov 2009, 01:15
Unfortunately for you this is the last place you'd want to talk about using cracks for games.

Ooooh, definately shows my lack of tech savy on that b/c I didn't even think that was a crack. Just thought that it was a file modification. Oops. :)

But to add to Glowprince, I agree. Need to keep this about the active problem.

However getting a staff member here is about as likely as it is to find a unicorn hiding in your soup bowl.

deders
10th Nov 2009, 01:34
Still stuck here in the botanical gardens, crashing if I run past the plaque.

is this one of the first rooms that you get to in the gardens? there is a fix for a crash here that involves missing Physx files, do you get any reference to physx in your error. Even if you don't have hardware Physx enabled, the game still uses a small amount of software physx anyway.

try downloading this file:
http://eidos.http.internapcdn.net/eidos_vitalstream_com/batman/BM_Garden.exe

and installing it here
Program Files\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\BmGame\CookedPC\Maps\PhysX\Maps\Garden

when I double clicked on the install file, the new file didn't appear in the folder so I had to manually extract it with winrar and copy it into the correct location myself.

CDReckless
11th Nov 2009, 23:22
No, this is the one where as soon as you dbl click on the BM:AA icon, it gives the error that you see listed on the first post.

Kind of looks like a giant middle finger.

It's that error.:lmao::eek::confused:

Frozen Ocean
20th Nov 2009, 20:46
Wow. Still no fix on this? That is insane.

I've got the stupid Collector's Edition, just taking up space in my bedroom. I forgot about the game... And I decide to check up on it. And it's still not fixed! Gah!

CDReckless
22nd Nov 2009, 01:52
Wow. Still no fix on this? That is insane.

I've got the stupid Collector's Edition, just taking up space in my bedroom. I forgot about the game... And I decide to check up on it. And it's still not fixed! Gah!

No fix needed. They got your money. Transaction successful.

I hate to keep harping on they old line of "They stole my money!!".

But, um, they kinda did. Now I know what drug users feel like when they buy a bag of aragano instead of the hippie lettuce. What are you gonna do? Go back and get a refund? Buwaahahahahahahaha!!!!

CDReckless
22nd Nov 2009, 01:57
Update:

I got an email from Eidos support today stating:

We can't view the msinfo file you posted as it isn't a document that can be posted in this way on scribd, it has to be reloaded through the msinfo32.exe program.

Please make sure you have the AMD Dual Core Optimiser program installed on your PC, you can get it from here: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/dyna...42f&ItemID=153

Please email us directly (UK support) regarding your issue with Batman Arkham Asylum if you continue to have problems. Generate a new dxdiag and msinfo file and attach these to the email and send it to : custserv@eidos.co.uk

The msinfo file could be key to working it out as it contains information on the crash.

I got it today 11/21. Sent them this on 09/17. So, they are at least working on it. Just seems to be 90 days behind or so.

I do have my AMD dual core op run, but I'm going to send this requested info off to them again (see if I do it correctly this time) and let everyone know of the result once I get response. May be around St. Pattys day when I get the response, but that's all we got to go on so far, folks.

Cross your fingers!

Vikingnomad
22nd Nov 2009, 13:05
I get the same error while playing, have been in contact with eidos to no avail, I can continue with the game a chunk at a time, if I get to an area in the game where it is saved before it fails I'm OK however if not I have to repeat from where it was last saved, I hope they fix this soon, losing interest in this game.:mad2:

mlg33
24th Nov 2009, 14:16
Don't know if it helps, but do not use the BmEngine "trick" in order to make the PhysX slowdowns disappear. It will get you many crash to desktops !!!

Hieroma
27th Nov 2009, 09:11
I found a solution : create a new user account windows

I had the same problem : crash during intro when I was connected to GFWL
and my "doc" folder is not in C: (maybe that is the problem....)

but with the new user account : it works !!!!

(I use steam, but maybe it could possibly work even for those who don't use it.....)

Jamieking86
27th Nov 2009, 16:32
hi guys, i have the same problem. The shippingPcBMgame has encountered a problem thing. I installed it when i first got it, 6 weeks or so ago, then i had to format my hard drive, even though i install my games on to a seperate hard drive, once i'd reinstalled windows, i couldn't play batman game. I forgot to backup the sav files etc, woops :) Anyways, i just reinstalled it, tried playing it, and it comes up that encountered a problem message. Im downloading patch 1.1 as we speak. So i'll install that, see if it makes a difference. I remember having this problem when i first installed it when i first got it, i can't remembe what i did, but i went into the batman folder, and tried booting the game from a different file, and it worked, then the game worked fine. But i've tried doing that again, and it won't work. ll keep you updated when i've installed 1.1 patch, but if it doesn't work, am gona be seriously *****ed. Jamie

Jamieking86
27th Nov 2009, 17:00
ok well patch 1.1 worked to get the game going, but as soon as you take joker into that steam room bit at the beginning, it quits the game and that ShippingPC-BMGame has encountered a problem message comes up again, then the game quits. This game is so **** trying to start. Its really doing my ed in

deders
27th Nov 2009, 17:00
Which patch did you use? the one from these forums?

Jamieking86
27th Nov 2009, 17:08
no i couldn't find that one, so i searched google, and got it from gamershell. The game starts ok, but the game quits after about 1 minute as soon as joker gets in that steam room. Even on the lowest detail graphics, and i've just updated my graphics card to latest driver brought out yesterday

deders
27th Nov 2009, 17:12
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96538
Just overwrite the patch, not all patches write all the files to your disk properly, depending on your version. This one does.

Jamieking86
27th Nov 2009, 17:18
downloading now. How do i overwrite it? Just instal the patch as normal and it will do it automatically? Thanks for your help by the way

deders
27th Nov 2009, 17:19
no problem. Just install it as is

Jamieking86
27th Nov 2009, 17:24
when the patch setup first opens, i click next, then a box with a red cross comes up saying "this title update includes NVIDA (TM) Hardware Accelerated PhysX (TM) content. Dedicated Hardware is required for optimal performance when this feature is enabled" I click ok on the box and it carrys on with the patch setup, but i don't know if this means anything?

deders
27th Nov 2009, 17:29
most of the 1.1 patch is a release day patch to enable physx in Nvidia hardware, without it Physx won't work. You'll need at least a GTX260 for medium physx or 2 9800gtx's (GTX250's) in non SLI mode for physx on high, you coulod probably get away with 2x 8800gt's or the equivalent. if this doesn't apply to you it's probably best to leave physx off in the launcher.

Jamieking86
27th Nov 2009, 17:43
that was jibberish to me? lol. If it helps i have a Geforce 9500GT graphics card.
Installed the patch but same thing happens. When it comes up shippingpcBMGAME has encountered a problem, i click close then a box comes up saying

Couldn't find file for package Max_C1_PhysX requested by async loading code.

QA_APPROVED_BUILD_OCTOBER_2008 177051 19-08-2009 13:45.35 FMOD:42200/42200 GAME

CxxThrowException() Address = 0x78158e89 (filename not found)
GetOuterMost() Address = 0x5f2831 (filename not found)
Address = 0xe8781b4c (filename not found)

Whats all that about?

deders
27th Nov 2009, 17:52
looks to me as if one or more of the physx files isn't available. most likely one of the ones installed from the DVD.
Go to Program Files\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum\BmGame\CookedPC\Maps\PhysX\Maps
select all the folders, right click and select properties.

You should have 71 files in 8 folders
Should be around 144,006,845 bytes

Jamieking86
27th Nov 2009, 18:02
hmm it says i have 36 files in 7 folders. Although before i start the game, i clicked settings then on the NvidiaPhysX setting thing, i turned it off, and now its fine. It got past that part and i'm still playing the game. So im guessing i have PhysX problems somewhere? If i go to control panel then Nvidia PhysX properties, if i double click that icon it comes up a message with a red cross again saying
"windows cannot find NvCplUI.exe. Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search" Then i click ok, and another box with red cross says "file not found NvCplUI.exe" wtf? lol

deders
27th Nov 2009, 18:08
NvCplUI stands for Nvidia Control Panel User Interface. I'd re-install the drivers, make sure you uninstall them from the Add/remove programs first. If it still doesn't work it might be worth using 191.17's instead.

Back to the 36 files in 7 folders, somebody else had exactly the same problem. the 37 files are from the patch, so his DVD wasn't installing the remainder in the first place. Might have to take your dvd back and get a refund, possibly buy it from somewhere else if they have a bad batch in your area.

Jamieking86
27th Nov 2009, 18:43
well like i say mate, i got it when it first came out couple months ago, so i cant really take it back now. I've got the game working anyway. I just disabled the Nvidia PhysX in the game and it works fine, thats the main thing. Thanks a lot for your help mate

glowprince
30th Nov 2009, 00:03
Hello everybody, cdr reckless did you get it fixed? I want to share my experience of how I fixed this today.

I bought my game off of steam, and after I patched and got to this point, the game would crash to desktop. To fix it, I backed up my game folder, deleted local content via steam, and then re-downloaded the product. For some reason, it didn't even prompt me to load in my game files nor patch the game- it came with patch 1.1 and already had my files. Now I'm able to launch the game and make it past that statue!

If this doesn't work for you, my apologies, I know how frustrating it is. I haven't played this game for about a month because of this. I felt abandoned too and certainly will wait longer next time to buy a game that is so new.

CDReckless
1st Dec 2009, 03:01
No, I haven't gotten it fixed yet. I bought mine retail. So, I'm not sure if the Steam fix that you have here will work for me.

Glad to see that you got going!

I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear something back from Eidos.

karmaggeddon
1st Dec 2009, 19:39
Hi CDRECKLESS, i've got the same problem as you, I can't launch the game, with the bgame.exe has encountered a problem...

But I think i've found a solution, my game is working on my pc, and I had the same problem.

If you are like me, you don't like playing Beat them all game with keyboard, and if you're in my case, you certainly download XINPUT, and you put the file in the BINARIES directory.

And in the afternoon, i just delete those files from the directory, and surprise, the game is working!!!

So, if you are in my case, i recommand you to download the 360vibmod 3.1, and put those files in your BINARIES :)

Just go on that link.

I hope you can play this game dude ;)

deders
1st Dec 2009, 19:43
The Xinput.dll is for the 360 pad emulator, and will cause your game to crash in 64bit windows. works fine in 32 bit though.

karmaggeddon
1st Dec 2009, 19:51
No, i've got XP32, and I got the problem, and XINPUT is for emulate a pad into a 360 pad, for play the game with another pad...(Sorry, i'm french;))

And since I setup the 3.1 XINput, it's working, i just hope that Cdreckless can play with this method :)

deders
1st Dec 2009, 20:17
really? Xinput.dll works fine on my XP32, but not in my Vista64. both on the same computer.

karmaggeddon
1st Dec 2009, 21:01
Maybe you haven't got the same version than I have... first time I download the last one, but now I've got 3.1 and it's working....

jokerfan713
28th Dec 2009, 07:29
i got this for x-mas. i can't get past after wheeling in the joker and the croc. i tried 3 times. uninstall reinstall. how can i fix this. in english. not computer talk

jokerfan713
29th Dec 2009, 02:11
it's going back. whoa as me i really wanted this game

qwety_qwerty
7th Jan 2010, 02:30
Hi CD Reckless.. We have same problem n i just solve the problem.

It because your "Document" folder is located in the root drive. Try to create new "Document" folder

Go to this link http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=97990

It solve mine..

Ashtenton
9th Jan 2010, 07:25
Well, I mean, i started a new post and all, But i figured, i mind as well comment on this to just show more of my frustration. EIDOS, This is not our job to have to have people spending hours on end to find how to solve a problem with Your Game. I know you guys are happy living it large with all the suckers you ripped off, but seriously? Solve the problem, get a copy, get a computer, install it, try and play it, then youll face the frustration were all going through

bbb
10th Jan 2010, 11:16
If you're getting a crash after doing down the lift with Joker, it means the patch was corrupt. Reinstall the game and install the patch from here instead:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=96538

sathwik
26th Jan 2010, 14:51
listen to me now.i recently bought the game .after atedious installation ,the game asks for an offline profile which i couldnt sign in to even if i have a windows live profile.now the game refuses to save.and today it crashed with message that some file have rquested C++ to be terminated in unusual way.CAN ANYONE HELP?

tljbcrew
30th Mar 2010, 18:54
At least I am consistent with having problems with "Microsoft Games". Problems all the way back to the Age of Empires. I get "bmlauncher has encountered a problem and needs to close" before I do anything and right after the install. Uninstall/Reinstall didn't work. Downloading 1.1 patch to see if that works. Didn't know there was one until I had to hit the net for answers. Typical. Wouldn't have this problem with PS3. These PC games are getting to be a bunch of BS in order to jump through hoops to get the darn thing to load.

No wonder people HACK these freaking games. I am tired of paying for this junk. Back to pirating again. Mininova here I come.

ThinkerR
8th Jun 2010, 19:52
Hi,

I've experienced the exact same problem as Lockp1. Does anyone knows how to fix it ? :mad2:

I got the same problem only at the "Botanical Gardens", after you fight the thugs, right before you enter to confront with Poison Ivy.. and than...

Crash

it happend to me before at this specific location previews in the game but i dodged it somehow by not "lingering" too much and just continue to the next area, but if i stayed there 5 sec longer it would crashed.

anyway it happens now at the botanical gardens every time can't go on with the game...

i tryed to reinstall the game read the forums and did anything that might help ANYTHING.

i have the game from steam. hope somebody will figure something soon...:mad2:

what it says me is :

Program: ...mmom\batman arkham asylum\binaries\ShippingPc-BmGame.exe

its just say after this that for some reason it decided to terminate the application...

snoop12
28th Nov 2010, 20:28
HI yall! I found what was causing the shippingpc-bmgame.exe General protection fault crash on game startup.After I installed the game and played a bit I decided to use tune up utilities 2011 and it's "program deactivator" feature to optimize my system.So then when I disabled "windows live ID sign-in assistant" that is when I got the crash.Enabling it solved the problem and now the game loads and runs fine.Yeyyyyy.:)Give it a shot.

Hammerman
24th Dec 2010, 19:31
Had same problem with (ShippingPC-BM Game.exe - Has encountered a problem,) Reinstalled game several times. still didn't work. Found another thread an it said to uninstall game and GFML ( which is in the add an remove programs ) then reinstalled the game & Update to 1.1 . Now it works. :) I also did a search for all files with GFML in the names which was 2 found after I uninstalled it and deleted them too along with all folders for Eidos that had to do with Batman AA and GFWL. I believe that the GFWL install was the real problem all along. Tks Eidos for all the aggravation an the secure ROM B.S.

athletic-o
25th Dec 2010, 12:56
Hi everyone. I bought B:AA GOTY Edition from steam. I cannot start my game. My problem details like this;

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ShippingPC-BmGame.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4b5de0f4
Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdbdf
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0000b727
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1055
Additional Information 1: 392a
Additional Information 2: 392a9db604bc595af68797106cee4075
Additional Information 3: a32e
Additional Information 4: a32eed974389746777234d6725cad328

and I uploaded my dxdiag.txt to scribd. Here is link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/45889022/DxDiag

GOTY Edition does not need any updates or patches. Somebody or Eidos authorities please help! I couldn't play game:(

Mj23foreva
27th Dec 2010, 16:38
OK I figure I'll create an account to help you guys out since I've been having the same issue the last two days and I finally got it to work.

1.Make sure you have the latest service pack/ updates for windows. I needed SP3 for Windows XP..not sure about Win7...just make sure its up to date.
2.Go to the games for windows website and download the client. http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Download/
3. When you try to run the client you will probably get an error saying something in your system is disabled.
4. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc in the Open box, and then click OK.
5.In the Name list, locate and then double-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service.
6.In the Properties dialog box on the General tab, set the Startup type to Automatic.
7.If the service is not running, click the Start button to start the service.
8.Click OK to close the Properties dialog box.

Now try to launch the GFWL Client again it should work and so should Batman!!

athletic-o
27th Dec 2010, 20:09
I've tried it for Win7 but it didn't work:( Still thank you Mj23foreva.

ExPer017
7th Jan 2011, 16:37
Alright , i'm not too used to using forums (except reading through them) so here goes nothing...
Been going through all the posts and have to say that i was pretty stumped at the crash errors all of you got.I got some similar ones myself with the "General Protection Fault!" crap...so here's what happened...
Bought the retail DVD version a few days back and tried it out.it worked just fine until i updated my WindowsLIVE version in-game.
I restarted a few times and even re-installed some , but kept getting those crashes. Needless to say i was pretty close to chucking the game out the window :mad2::mad2:.
After a while , I re-installed the game and this time downloaded the GFWL 3.0 web installer and manually installed the software and wouldn't you know it the game started up and made it all the way to the " Click to Begin" screen. I clicked.It crashed......which is what gave it away.

GFWL (which is prolly mashed with the game's anti piracy protection thingy)is broken.If you've installed it before , Use Windows Search(Start>Seach) to locate anything even remotely related to LIVE and kick it out of your PC.
I did so and the game magically started up and i've been playing happily for the past few days(On a four year old PC , so yeah, the game's well coded).Just make sure to make an OFFLINE account when prompted.:hmm:

I really hope this helps : )

TheOneWhoLoved
15th Feb 2011, 10:35
I purchased Arkham Asylum Game of the Year from Steam and it would crash after the initial setup.
I resolved this by launching the game from the folder in which the executable was contained
(C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\Common\batman arkham asylum goty\Binaries)

I've had previous experience with games who originally use Windows Live to sign into the game clashing alongside Steam's interface. This may not resolve most of the issues involving sound and/or graphics, but it allowed me to at least launch the game and play without reoccuring errors.

alick
16th Feb 2011, 02:05
ok i just bought the game from steam and install it.
when i run i get this

Problem signature:
Fault Module Name: ShippingPC-BmGame.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b5de0f4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0013df93
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: ffed
Additional Information 2: ffede055aeeee9c32d6dafe19d8702e3
Additional Information 3: 5eec
Additional Information 4: 5eec4b04ccd9ce6576f88fe368f4e23d

I tried to get the 1.1 update but it says game not found. I have the demo from steam and the demo runs fine! can someone please help me with this. all my drivers are up to date. I have tried just about everything even after looking though 7 pages on this forum.
please and thanks

Hi everyone. I bought B:AA GOTY Edition from steam. I cannot start my game. My problem details like this;

Problem signature:

Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a5bdbdf
Exception Code: e06d7363
Exception Offset: 0000b727
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1055
Additional Information 1: 392a
Additional Information 2: 392a9db604bc595af68797106cee4075
Additional Information 3: a32e
Additional Information 4: a32eed974389746777234d6725cad328

and I uploaded my dxdiag.txt to scribd. Here is link: http://www.scribd.com/doc/45889022/DxDiag

GOTY Edition does not need any updates or patches. Somebody or Eidos authorities please help! I couldn't play game:(

alick
18th Feb 2011, 06:42
has anyone figure out how to fix this error I downloaded the game from steam and cant get it to run.

Problem signature:
Fault Module Name: ShippingPC-BmGame.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4b5de0f4
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0013df93
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: ffed
Additional Information 2: ffede055aeeee9c32d6dafe19d8702e3
Additional Information 3: 5eec
Additional Information 4: 5eec4b04ccd9ce6576f88fe368f4e23d
that is the error again for anyone who has not seen it alraedy! someone please help me I really like this game but i cant even get it to run
thank

athletic-o
20th Mar 2011, 19:44
Hi everyone. A while ago i had the same problem. I uninstalled the game, and i deleted all components of game. After that i downloaded and reinstalled the game again. At least the game worked and my problem solved.

Lucathegreat
13th Apr 2011, 18:47
Hi there, I got the Steam GOTY and I'm experiencing the same issue with the ShippingPC-BMGame.exe file, the game just keeps crashing at random, with blue screen, auto-reset and such. I hardly made it until the "Save the 3 doctors" point, and after that I just can't proceed at all, it always crashes in the hallway.
I tried everything, updating the audio drivers, disabling the audio acceleration, turning down the graphic, editing the .ini file, but nothing works.
Of course I have a Realtek audio card, which seem to be the cause of everything.
I know that it may work if I completely disable it, but I find just unacceptable to play a great game like this without sound.
Are there any other possible solutions? Did something change in these 2 years (I doubt it)?

DisappointedinAA
12th Apr 2012, 12:09
here is my story:

Purchased the game in December but did't have near enough graphics card to run it. (but, it ran for 2 hours before I couldn't take the jerkiness anymore.) Deleted local content. Just got GT 430 2BG DDR3. (Sweet card--other games freaking rock with it) reinstalled AA:GOTY. Error on load. Tried dropping rez, turning off everything, running directly. Nothing works. Error I keep getting looks like it is trying to load binary addresses as files--and not finding them. (Duh!)

This is screwed up.

DisappointedinAA
12th Apr 2012, 19:38
Well, I mean, i started a new post and all, But i figured, i mind as well comment on this to just show more of my frustration. EIDOS, This is not our job to have to have people spending hours on end to find how to solve a problem with Your Game. I know you guys are happy living it large with all the suckers you ripped off, but seriously? Solve the problem, get a copy, get a computer, install it, try and play it, then youll face the frustration were all going through

This crappy support is the kind of thing that makes "trying" it before you buy it a smart thing to do. If I had "borrowed a copy" before I purchased it, I would not have purchased it, that is for damn sure. I mean, I don't agree with software piracy, but events like this make their mantra of "we pay for it if we like it" sound totally legitimate.

DisappointedinAA
12th Apr 2012, 19:59
It was taken back by WB. The Eidos tech support monkey steered me to www.wbie.com. It is basiacally a static page with a WB logo. Going to the main WB site produced nothign near a link to tech support.

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP!!!

Nimurian
5th Sep 2012, 23:38
No, I haven't gotten it fixed yet. I bought mine retail. So, I'm not sure if the Steam fix that you have here will work for me.

Glad to see that you got going!

I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear something back from Eidos.

Hey CDReckless and everybody,
I know this thread is old but... some of us only got to playing Batman Arkham Asylum recently...

Anyway, I bought the game and as soon as I installed it... it started to crash. Until I couldn't even log into the game anymore.
Suffice to say I googled as much as I could in hopes of finding a solution...

The first thing I tried was, of course, updating the drivers. Since, apparently there were compatibility problems with the Realtek drivers and so forth and so on...
But that didn't work...
So what I did next was I went to my laptop's brand homepage and downloaded THEIR drivers from there.
(what I suppose I should've done in the first place...)
this seemed to work a bit better as I could now get into that first menu screen of the game...
But the game was still crashing as soon as I tried to start it.
I read somewhere that if you swapped a live online account for an offline one the problem would cease.

I did so but... the game still crashed...
But now at least i could play it for a few minutes before the Blue Screen Of Death came...
And I did that for a while.
Until today.
Today I actually read what showed up on my BSOD.
it said something about a Nvlddmkm.sys file.
So I googled it...
And, lo and behold, apparently, when you update your drivers, even when you wipe the old ones out and install new ones (unless you're wiping the OS altogether...) this little file stays behind, UNCHANGED.
So, after so more googling I went here:

http://www.computertipsfree.com/fix-nvlddmkm-sys-blue-screen-bsod-error-in-windows-7/

And followed the instructions for my Samsung RC530, Windows 7 64bit
and...
the game (apparently...) is NOT CRASHING anymore...

I don't know if this will solve most people's problems with this game (I don't think it will...) but maybe it will help a few.

I know we all spent lots of hours trying to get this game fixed. And, the thing is, it is well worth having it fixed and making it playable.

Here's to hoping for some smooth gaming for everyone!

All the best!

Nimurian
5th Sep 2012, 23:41
It was taken back by WB. The Eidos tech support monkey steered me to www.wbie.com. It is basiacally a static page with a WB logo. Going to the main WB site produced nothign near a link to tech support.

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP!!!

Hey DisappointedinAA,

I too went through the phoning and emailing. I have to say that both Microsoft and Eidos were quick in their replies - even if they couldn't really help me with what was happening...
I hope you've managed to sort BatmanAA by now. If you haven't you might want to take a look at my previous post.
Feel free to contact me here should you require any further information. I don't know if I'll be able to help but... at least I can try!

Thanks!

Nimurian
6th Sep 2012, 01:07
Hey CDReckless and everybody,
I know this thread is old but... some of us only got to playing Batman Arkham Asylum recently...

Anyway, I bought the game and as soon as I installed it... it started to crash. Until I couldn't even log into the game anymore.
Suffice to say I googled as much as I could in hopes of finding a solution...

The first thing I tried was, of course, updating the drivers. Since, apparently there were compatibility problems with the Realtek drivers and so forth and so on...
But that didn't work...
So what I did next was I went to my laptop's brand homepage and downloaded THEIR drivers from there.
(what I suppose I should've done in the first place...)
this seemed to work a bit better as I could now get into that first menu screen of the game...
But the game was still crashing as soon as I tried to start it.
I read somewhere that if you swapped a live online account for an offline one the problem would cease.

I did so but... the game still crashed...
But now at least i could play it for a few minutes before the Blue Screen Of Death came...
And I did that for a while.
Until today.
Today I actually read what showed up on my BSOD.
it said something about a Nvlddmkm.sys file.
So I googled it...
And, lo and behold, apparently, when you update your drivers, even when you wipe the old ones out and install new ones (unless you're wiping the OS altogether...) this little file stays behind, UNCHANGED.
So, after so more googling I went here:

http://www.computertipsfree.com/fix-nvlddmkm-sys-blue-screen-bsod-error-in-windows-7/

And followed the instructions for my Samsung RC530, Windows 7 64bit
and...
the game (apparently...) is NOT CRASHING anymore...

I don't know if this will solve most people's problems with this game (I don't think it will...) but maybe it will help a few.

I know we all spent lots of hours trying to get this game fixed. And, the thing is, it is well worth having it fixed and making it playable.

Here's to hoping for some smooth gaming for everyone!

All the best!

One other thing. If you're having trouble getting out of being automatically logged in with LIVE, what you need to do is go to Games For Windows Marketplace, log in there and then, go to settings and, at the bottom of the page, it will give you the possibility to CLEAR all the information pertaining to your LIVE account from your PC. click it, accept and hey presto! you will no longer be automatically logged in with your LIVE account - which means you'll have the opportunity to create an offline account and still play the game...

Cheers!

bikaros10
6th Jan 2013, 15:06
I also tried unistall gfwlive and windows live I-D sign in assistant. Then, tried restall both of them again. Next, did what Ironwolf's suggestion (mute the sound) After that, entered game OK but no sound. Finally, exited game , no mute sound , entered game again and it's perfect.