PDA

View Full Version : Controls: Dodge

Zagadka
15th Sep 2009, 19:40
OK, I absolutely love almost everything about this game... the one thing getting in my way is the control setup. The keyboard binds are incredibly awkward (compared to my PC 360 controller).

The biggest problem I have with the controls is dodging. To dodge, you hold the direction and double-tap space... this is pretty difficult to do when something like (no spoilers) throwing a rock at you while you're fighting minions.

Can it be remapped to double-tap direction (like, 'a'), as most current FPS games have? That'd make moving around in combat a helluva lot easier.

=ColdFire=
15th Sep 2009, 22:05
Didn't know there was a dodge, was it in the demo?

Zagadka
15th Sep 2009, 22:27
I believe it was... but you don't really get a chance to fight that much in the demo. They introduce it as a later combat tip (after block, before stun).

It works pretty well, except for the key configuration for it. I'm kinda disappointed that <space> is the one "omni-button" that does half of the stuff, and I Have no idea why they didn't make dodge double tap direction button.

Oh, and while I'm *****ing... this is probably mostly LogiTech's fault, but the middle mouse button (for stun and detonate explosives etc) is mapped really weird, to the sensitivity button.

=ColdFire=
16th Sep 2009, 16:50
my logictech mouse works fine