PDA

View Full Version : "Free Mode"?

Woltox
15th Sep 2009, 15:52
Is it possible to make a game mode "Free Mode", you can almost do wath you want to do, just with friends..
No missions in "Free Mode" of course.
It had been really funny, maby check who of your friends who has the best "police chase", who can jump longest withoute dying..

--
GT:
Exotic User

hotduk
15th Sep 2009, 16:49
Great idea. I'll second this. Nothing better than a little friendly competition.

Of course, I think thats what will be under the "gamestats" section of the JC website.

brauny
15th Sep 2009, 19:20
that was on gta and it was called free mode. welcome to the forums. who is prettier megan fox or angelina jolie?

QCypher
15th Sep 2009, 20:00
braun, your gonna get yourself banned if you keep talking like that. Id watch yourself.

texkid4
15th Sep 2009, 20:09
agreed

brauny
15th Sep 2009, 20:50
why wat did i do now?

brauny
15th Sep 2009, 20:57
Ok. i jus read the rules and regs. in basicaaly all of my posts ive broken at least one rule. wow i rly need to read theese things. It is now who is prettier Megan or anjelina? agreed and its 6-1 megan winning of course

KillSwitch1
15th Sep 2009, 22:02
back on topic yeah free mode would be quite nice...for whatever you wanna do i.e base jumping comps or how far you could throw a car that was tethered to a heli...:eek: who knows lol

hotduk
15th Sep 2009, 22:37
Or tandum base jumping. How far could you fall while teahered to another player via the Dual Hook!!

T.Mani
15th Sep 2009, 22:39
Is it possible to make a game mode "Free Mode", you can almost do wath you want to do, just with friends..
No missions in "Free Mode" of course.
It had been really funny, maby check who of your friends who has the best "police chase", who can jump longest withoute dying..

--
GT:
Exotic User

There could be a free mode, but you would not play with friends. They've already said there will be no multiplayer at all...

iCum
15th Sep 2009, 22:46
im really hoping ther include a online free mode with friends cause that is one thing that i love to do just run around with friends and cause mayhem

brauny
16th Sep 2009, 00:02
T. Mani stop telling us the devs said no multiplayer. we kno were just trying to change that.

Beam_me_up_Scotty
16th Sep 2009, 01:32
They might want to keep it a secret until later on

so I'm still keeping my hopes up

KillSwitch1
16th Sep 2009, 04:45
yeah hopes are high for this game and i think avalanche will deliver :D

Mr Chainsaw
16th Sep 2009, 08:09
This game is going to ROCK!!!!!

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
16th Sep 2009, 13:00
When I read the topic I thought: What? Isn't the whole game in "free mode"? But yes, co-op and things like that should be in someday in a game like this

chip5541
16th Sep 2009, 13:34
brauny, please keep posts within the topic of the thread or for that matter about the game. Neither of these women are in the game and the posts constitute spam. If you would really like to know the answer then please post in the appropriate forum section.

Woltox
16th Sep 2009, 15:04
We can hope..
I guess many will play "Free Mode" if it`s a game mode..
Then they can come with map-pac`s/uppgrades.

Like "Godfather 2 / Gta IV" map-pac`s,.
Weapons, missions, vehicle`s..

Come on, make a "Free Mode" sort of thing in Just Cause 2..

chip5541
16th Sep 2009, 16:59
I could see free mode included maybe after you finish the game. After all I am sure some have to get those missed trophies.

guzzti
16th Sep 2009, 17:01
it is going to be a free mode after the missions, you still got the races, the towns the villages, the fuel depots, the water tanks, the statues, the SAM's, the generators, the provinces, the objects to destroy...

Woltox
16th Sep 2009, 17:25
But where is the multiplayer?

It`s realy fun, to just drive around, with friens over live..
It`s not that fun if it`s not a multiplayer..

guzzti
16th Sep 2009, 17:27
there isn't any

brauny
16th Sep 2009, 19:51
Sorry fo having a survey and they could be in the game, we dont kno that but i will stop if i can get a "point " for that too

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
16th Sep 2009, 22:48
Oh!

brauny
16th Sep 2009, 23:02
oh, wat?

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
16th Sep 2009, 23:07
What what?:eek:

Beam_me_up_Scotty
17th Sep 2009, 02:58
there isn't any

Try to be more positive, as you never know

The Doogle Boy
17th Sep 2009, 08:41
Flying a jet with a buddy sitting in a car attached to the back makes me drool.

PoorBison
17th Sep 2009, 09:03
Flying a jet with a buddy sitting in a car attached to the back makes me drool.You have GOT to be KIDDING. Not another one!

*gets mop*

Mr Chainsaw
17th Sep 2009, 09:51
Someone has alot of cleaning to do

Dedimes
19th Sep 2009, 06:46
back on topic guys....

They shouldent make a free mode. the game is Already free. your free to skydive, do missions, kill enemys. Anything. of course, they could make a option to turn of markers on the main map. its pretty hard to run into a mission accidently

Mr Chainsaw
20th Sep 2009, 07:07
True. The game is already free. Shame about not being to go online and do awesome stuff with friends

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
20th Sep 2009, 13:20
That's what I said. The game can't be more free, but the multiplayer is missed

Woltox
20th Sep 2009, 14:50
back on topic guys....

They shouldent make a free mode. the game is Already free. your free to skydive, do missions, kill enemys. Anything. of course, they could make a option to turn of markers on the main map. its pretty hard to run into a mission accidently

Why?

I love playing with people over live, I HATE playing alone.
And If you want to relaxe from story, make a "Free Mode" so you can relax with friends.
Btw.
I don`t think It`s fun to just play story, do you?
I don`t care about achivements/trophies, as I`t seems like you do.

HavokBR
20th Sep 2009, 15:00
back on topic guys....

That would be awesome!

But unfortunatelly I heard they don´t have plans for a multiplayer mode.

Peardan
23rd Sep 2009, 13:05
Do you think that you could one day release a free DLC feature that lets us all connect in this 'free mode'?
I agree that doing the storyline in co-op would be a little extreme but free mode would be fun I think. Just a little add on for those who want it.

When I heard that JC2 would not be having a multiplay feature on disc I was quite disappointed.
I hope the devs change your minds and add this. :D

Woltox
23rd Sep 2009, 13:46
That would be awesome!

But unfortunatelly I heard they don´t have plans for a multiplayer mode.

But they can change their mnd if many people will have multiplayer on it..

PoorBison
24th Sep 2009, 05:27
Regarding multiplayer, we could possible expect it in Just Cause 3.

VideoGamer.com: Just to check, there are no plans for any form of multiplayer mode in Just Cause 2?

PJ: No, we're not doing multiplayer because we wanted to make sure that the core single-player experience was as good as we could. We wanted to get it right this time, so we didn't want multiplayer to put a limit to that.

VideoGamer.com: Fair enough. Was it something you ever considered?

PJ: Yeah. What we've done is that we've started talking about how it could be done in such a game, without limiting the core experience. We have a bunch of ideas, so no-one knows what will happen in the future. But for Just Cause 2, it's single-player only.

VideoGamer.com: So it could be part of Just Cause 3?

PJ: It's something that would be nice to pursue, yeah. If we know that we can do it to enhance an experience, yeah. Multiplayer can sometimes be something that we need to tack on, because it's the big thing to do. It's very difficult to do it right, and it costs a lot of money to do it right. If it ends up that there are a lot of other games that do it better, then why do you do it? I think it's important to do it when you know it can enhance the core experience.

VideoGamer.com: Do you think there's a lot of pressure to include multiplayer, that it's something people expect?

PJ: It can be, of course. Some people really like it, and it's fun! But you have to look at it from game to game. I don't think you can automatically say that all games need to be multiplayer because they have guns in them. If it's just tacked-on, it's just going to be something you try out once, and then you'll go back to Halo 3 or Gears of War 2. They did really well, and when we know we can do it really well we'll do it as well.

VideoGamer.com: Do you think multiplayer modes are "tacked-on" quite often?

PJ: I can say that there are games where it's probably not worth the resources that they put into it. I'd say that. And me as a player, personally, I would prefer that [the resources] were spent on improving the single-player game. If you don't have a good foundation, the multiplayer part isn’t going to be good anyway. If it doesn't feel right, if the mechanics aren’t there, you're not going to get great multiplayer.

Taken from this (http://www.videogamer.com/pc/just_cause_2/preview-1618.html) very interesting interview.

Mr Chainsaw
25th Sep 2009, 00:19
So now there is going to be a Just Cause 3?????

Dedimes
25th Sep 2009, 00:27
Points he made about No-Multiplayer-

"we're not doing multiplayer because we wanted to make sure that the core single-player experience was as good as we could"

"It costs a lot of money to do it right"

Well, What you could do is:

After the Game is completed the way you intended it to be
Start making a Free mode. I will be perfectly content if thats the only game mode out there
After, Release And sell multiplayer for 10$, or about 700 MS points.

Im Sure you will make all of your money back, and then some

:)

skater150
25th Sep 2009, 01:26
why would you have it, all it would do is turn off the missions, what you need to do is just beat the game and there you have free mode

Jakejanne
9th Dec 2009, 19:44
The game IS freemode when you're not doing missions man. :) I'm greatly looking forward to this game. I strongly belive it'll provide versatile fun for many years to come!

GkrewZ
9th Dec 2009, 22:52
it would be nice to be able to play with a friend in a manner simular to gta iv's free mode but i suppose you cant ask for everything, especialy since the game is so large

Dedimes
9th Dec 2009, 23:43
I just had a brilliant brainstorm involving cheats!
To get cheats, you have to unlock them during the campaign. You would only then allowed to use them after you have beaten the game, when the game goes into "free mode", which involves only side missions. If you happen to not unlock the cheats during the campaign, you would have to do the campaign again to unlock them. ( :o )

Hrc_Cro
10th Dec 2009, 10:48
I just had a brilliant brainstorm involving cheats!
To get cheats, you have to unlock them during the campaign. You would only then allowed to use them after you have beaten the game, when the game goes into "free mode", which involves only side missions. If you happen to not unlock the cheats during the campaign, you would have to do the campaign again to unlock them. ( :o )
but you don't need cheats in this game because you are allready a GOD with a grapling hook!!!And you can oreder vehicles from black market.

PoorBison
10th Dec 2009, 11:39
but you don't need cheats in this game because you are allready a GOD with a grapling hook!!!Not really - you've seen how quickly Ricos health decreases under fire, on the harder settings especially. In the heat of a particularly aggressive battle, I get the feeling that you wont be thinking "Ooh, attach him to that gas canister!" but rather "Get gun! Kill everybody!"

For situations like this, a health cheat would be nice so that the player can continue to use the grappling hook even when under intense pressure :)

EDIT: Thats not to say that I plan on cheating in this game, it was just an example :p

awesome_man
11th Dec 2009, 01:05
hence the black...in black market ;););)

brauny
11th Dec 2009, 01:08
i dont get it

awesome_man
11th Dec 2009, 01:24
seriously?

brauny
11th Dec 2009, 01:42
yea i understand black in black market but what is that in response to, thats wat i dont get

awesome_man
11th Dec 2009, 03:20
but you don't need cheats in this game because you are allready a GOD with a grapling hook!!!And you can oreder vehicles from black market.

from here

matthew
11th Dec 2009, 06:14
and have a plane race and get sumone to get a heli and poot a truck on it and try to hit there friends