PDA

View Full Version : Steam Demo not starting on Vista

Nuttmegger
15th Sep 2009, 15:40
Hi,

This game looks like it's worth a try, after all it has cartoony ninjas. I downloaded the demo on steam, but it won't load from the steam option; specifically-

Symptoms:

*I click play mini ninjas demo*

*dialogue box - preparing to load Mini Ninja's demo*

*cancel option greys out*

*dialogue box disappears*

*error message - 'Mini Ninjas Demo has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop *blah blah blah no useful info**

Trials

I've tried installing OpenAL and copying wrap_oal.dll to the steammaps\mini ninja demo directory, and renaming to openal32.dll, as suggested in this thread (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95597) to no joy.

I've updated my graphics drivers to the latest build.

Reset the computer after doing all the above stages.

System specs:

2x T7200 2.0Ghz Toshiba laptop, 512MB Geforce 7900GS + 4 GB DDR2 RAM, running windows VISTA 32-Bit

I'm not expecting the best performance out of this, but I expect it to get somewhere.

Any help much appreciated, and apologies for the lack of info- as there's really nothing to comment on!

Doogle300
10th Oct 2009, 15:30
Bump for this, i would quite like to see what this game is all about, if any one has a solution please share it :D Thank you

dark_angel_7
10th Oct 2009, 16:26
Your computer should be able to run it fine. I think the only solution is to download the demo from an alternative place and try again as its probably a corrupt demo file.