PDA

View Full Version : The real reason this game rocks

adnan_ahmed
15th Sep 2009, 14:02
Most people here seams to forget the real reason the game rocks, its because of Arkham Asylum. I dont know about you guys, but this place really gives a sense of mystery throughout the game that really forces you to play through in just one go as you are so sucked into it. Arkham is a character of its own and is as mysterious as the Dark Knight.

I am not sure how a playable Gotham City will be as atmospheric as this (if it is technically possible). I wonder where the next game can take place, like one guy said a carnival would be sweet.

E.Nygma
15th Sep 2009, 16:05
I agree with you that the Arkham Asylum was an excellent, most charismatic place to set the story in! But, don't underestimate Gotham City. If properly represented (maybe half-gothic and half-modern, half-realistic and half-fairytale) that place may very well be as charming as the asylum was.

adnan_ahmed
15th Sep 2009, 16:40
I agree with you that the Arkham Asylum was an excellent, most charismatic place to set the story in! But, don't underestimate Gotham City. If properly represented (maybe half-gothic and half-modern, half-realistic and half-fairytale) that place may very well be as charming as the asylum was.

Yeah could be.

kalle90
15th Sep 2009, 17:10
And that's pretty much why the next game has to be set on the entire Gotham. After Arkham places like Wayne Enterprise or some random lair (carnival) wouldn't feel like anything. AA put the bar very high considering the setting, Batman and his villains. Suberb use of license.

In the end, Gotham contains Arkham so... Even if the sequel wouldn't come on current consoles, I think it's worth it.

dankirk
15th Sep 2009, 17:45
How about the next game taking place in Wayne Manor, complete with Batcave and secret passages. Wayne manor has alot of history, and would be cool to explore.

Flashbang
15th Sep 2009, 18:04
[QUOTE=adnan_ahmed;1178213]Arkham is a character of its own and is as mysterious as the Dark Knight.QUOTE]

Amen.

fatal shadow
15th Sep 2009, 18:51
maybe half-gothic and half-modern, half-realistic and half-fairytale

Exactly how I would like to see Gotham to be portrayed.

I love the combination of Gothic architecture and modern technology in this game. It's perfect.

E.Nygma
16th Sep 2009, 07:32
Exactly how I would like to see Gotham to be portrayed.

I love the combination of Gothic architecture and modern technology in this game. It's perfect.

Yes indeed! :D

Plus, let us consider which popular villains they have left out in this game: Two-Face, the Penguin, Catwoman, and Scarface+Ventriloquist. And all of them are just perfect for a dark criminal city setting: they're three gangsters and one thief. Plus, they're all quite eccentric and at last two of them are insane, which allows to still link to the atmosphere that was in Arkham Asylum.
Add Mr.Freeze on account of how much of a cool boss fight he'd make. And then make the Riddler reprise his role as the mysterious person who keeps pestering you with radio calls through the whole game. And hey presto, you got the sequel ready and done.

It'd be perfect....

fatal shadow
16th Sep 2009, 09:11
Yep. I won't go off topic for too long, but I agree. I want Riddler in the next game. I wasn't a fan of him before, but this game made me like him, and B:AA just wouldn't be the same without him and his riddles.

It'd be perfect....

I see what you did there.;)

iamtombombadil
16th Sep 2009, 13:16
How about the next game taking place in Wayne Manor, complete with Batcave and secret passages. Wayne manor has alot of history, and would be cool to explore.

Only if that was one area of the game. If the whole game is confined to 1 building next time, it would be over even quicker. While I don't think all of gotham would work, I do feel that multiple locations which we can get to via the batmobile or batwing would really work.

Legion666
16th Sep 2009, 14:10
Also, I keep dying on Ivy's fight just to watch her ass in the cutscene.

adnan_ahmed
16th Sep 2009, 15:13
Only if that was one area of the game. If the whole game is confined to 1 building next time, it would be over even quicker. While I don't think all of gotham would work, I do feel that multiple locations which we can get to via the batmobile or batwing would really work.

Yeah, like different sections of the city accessible by either bat mobile or batwing.