PDA

View Full Version : Why Robin / Nightwing wont be in the game

adnan_ahmed
15th Sep 2009, 13:57
I have no real objections if they are included or not, but the game throws a strong clue at the very beginning why they are not likely to see the light of day. When Batman talks to one of the guards trying to open the door, the guard says 'Do you need help?', Batman replies ' I work better ALONE'.

Just a theory.

Drazar
15th Sep 2009, 15:35
Just because he tells that to a Guard, doesn't mean he wouldn't ally himself with others. I mean would you rather want Batman to say "No, youre just a incompetant guard with no training on martial fightning or detective work, why would i want you here? Also theres plenty of other threads for this matter.

Matches Malone
15th Sep 2009, 16:16
Just because he tells that to a Guard, doesn't mean he wouldn't ally himself with others. I mean would you rather want Batman to say "No, youre just a incompetant guard with no training on martial fightning or detective work, why would i want you here? Also theres plenty of other threads for this matter.

Would you rather he say, "I work better alone, unless its with small children in silly outfits, and knowingly and carelessly putting their lives in utter jeopardy. Then and only then do I work better with others." :)

stubs182
15th Sep 2009, 16:23
Yeah im pretty sure that was just a cool thing to say. Also could be he's still bitter and currently Robin-less after Jason Todd

Drazar
15th Sep 2009, 16:23
well those "small children in silly outfits" have proven themselves to be quite effective so hey, why not. =P

Matches Malone
15th Sep 2009, 16:28
Yeah but he has said that exact line at least once in the comics referring directly to sidekicks.

adnan_ahmed
15th Sep 2009, 16:39
Yeah but he has said that exact line at least once in the comics referring directly to sidekicks.

Justice League comes to mind.

Matches Malone
15th Sep 2009, 16:47
It just depends on the personal preference of the writer/director/game developer, I think if Rocksteady thought that Robin or Nightwing was a decent character they would have found a way to work a bio in. I think Batman works better without sidekicks and I have a feeling Rocksteady does too. IMO

adnan_ahmed
15th Sep 2009, 19:13
It just depends on the personal preference of the writer/director/game developer, I think if Rocksteady thought that Robin or Nightwing was a decent character they would have found a way to work a bio in. I think Batman works better without sidekicks and I have a feeling Rocksteady does too. IMO

I think adding a sidekick will make the game less....engrossed. I mean a good example is Resident Evil 4 and 5. Resident Evil 4 was very atmospheric and you were almost felt naked without someone backing you up, unlike RE 5. On the flipside, the predator gameplay would not feel that great if you have a partner helping, hell Robin aint a predator. There are times often the best rules of engagement is solo.

thebatman226
16th Sep 2009, 05:10

Or he couldve just said no thanks?
He dosnt need robin and im glad he wasnt in the game.

Drazar
16th Sep 2009, 05:15
He dosnt need robin

Because? 70 years of comic history has proven this wrong.

angleslam99
16th Sep 2009, 05:35
You also seem to forget that Batman doesn't work alone, he relies on Oracle, Gordon, the police in general, etc.

Romav
16th Sep 2009, 06:04
I just hope for a sequel they add at least one other "good" hero, be it Nightwing or a Robin or even something else entirely. That way we could have the ultimate co-op game.

adnan_ahmed
16th Sep 2009, 09:20
I just hope for a sequel they add at least one other "good" hero, be it Nightwing or a Robin or even something else entirely. That way we could have the ultimate co-op game.

Co-op will ruin the atmosphere and balance of the game.

fatal shadow
16th Sep 2009, 10:26
You also seem to forget that Batman doesn't work alone, he relies on Oracle, Gordon, the police in general, etc.

Yes, but he's referring to the work that is done on the field.

e.g. when Batman needs to get from point A to point B in order to reach Joker while also getting past guards, he doesn't take Gordon or the police with him, he goes alone.

bennyby677
16th Sep 2009, 14:52
joker mentions robin in the visiter center at one point in the game he says something about his side kick wearing a stupid outfit

Caanos
16th Sep 2009, 15:03
At one point, Joker also mentions giving Harley to Batman since he "needs" a new sidekick. This seems to suggest that Robin is no longer there, or refers to Batgirl and Robin isn't around yet.

Matches Malone
16th Sep 2009, 15:33
Because? 70 years of comic history has proven this wrong.

Thats one way to look at it and I do respect your love for the characters. But to me if the sidekicks are in the story the authors are going to write the books to where Batman needs/relies on them "my Batman" doesn't rely on anyone he only relies on his wits, his strength, and his abilities. To me there isn't a single book out there that wouldn't be greatly improved (in my eyes) by removing any and all sidekicks. Not presenting facts just sayin where I'm coming from, not trying to change anyone's opinion.

Drazar
16th Sep 2009, 15:54
Thats one way to look at it and I do respect your love for the characters. But to me if the sidekicks are in the story the authors are going to write the books to where Batman needs/relies on them "my Batman" doesn't rely on anyone he only relies on his wits, his strength, and his abilities. To me there isn't a single book out there that wouldn't be greatly improved (in my eyes) by removing any and all sidekicks. Not presenting facts just sayin where I'm coming from, not trying to change anyone's opinion.

Yeah that is "your Batman" but hmm how to phrase this withouth sounding too rude or blunt.. Batman in the comics has always had this whole mini-team of allies. Whenever its the Justice League, his Outsiders, Nightwing, Oracle or Robin... they are a big aspect of him and his mission.

Actually thats the thing i've seen in Paul Dini's comics for years now. He always has found ways to include allies or villains *cough* Mr. Freeze *cough* into his stories and you know what? If he was to write a sequal story with Robin in it, i wouldn't be concerned at all and noone should. My take on it ofcourse. :) :thumb:

Matches Malone
16th Sep 2009, 15:57
There are lots of books (not enough) that do not mention Robin or any other sidekicks and its no coincidence that most of them are considered to be quintessential reads (TDKR and Hush being the big exceptions) so thats not really a valid point.

Matches Malone
16th Sep 2009, 16:00
Oh and don't worry about being blunt you can't hurt my feelings.

adnan_ahmed
16th Sep 2009, 21:52
I dont wana hurt anyone belief's, we all view Batman in our own way, we all have our reason why he is awesome. For me at least, Batman works best alone.

thebatman226
16th Sep 2009, 22:08
Its starting to bug me that everyone thinks batman works best alone.