PDA

View Full Version : Batman Arkham Asylum Title Patch(Rapidshare,2shared)

sero34
15th Sep 2009, 13:47
BATMAN ARKHAM ASYLUM TITLE PATCH(PHYSX PATCH)

2Shared:
http://www.2shared.com/file/7814982/9918ed88/Batman_Arkham_Asylum_Title_Update.html

Rapidshare:

Part 1: http://rapidshare.com/files/280407676/Batman_Arkham_Asylum_Title_Update.part1.rar
Part 2: http://rapidshare.com/files/280419065/Batman_Arkham_Asylum_Title_Update.part2.rar

GrimyGhost
15th Sep 2009, 14:18
great job man, fantastic!

GuitarBat
15th Sep 2009, 16:01
STICKY Please!

TheRetropolitan
15th Sep 2009, 16:33
What's this patch for?

GrimyGhost
15th Sep 2009, 16:36
PHYSX, however its caused my game to crash with 'BMGame.exe stopped responding'..:mad2:

mortuus
15th Sep 2009, 17:10
Eh is this even allowed ? the physx u get from live when updating..

Nemesis296
15th Sep 2009, 17:12
PHYSX, however its caused my game to crash with 'BMGame.exe stopped responding'..:mad2:

Why wouldn't the patch that you download from the game work? I would suggest you try that instead :)

GrimyGhost
15th Sep 2009, 17:15
my xlive is real slow, it took 3 hours to get to 2%..... its been like it since i installed xlive..

jaywalker2309
15th Sep 2009, 17:17
The update via live is the `official` route to take for installing it. That is how i would advise anyone to get the update, rather then a 3rd party source. Cannot be guarenteed if get from somewhere else am afraid

Noblees
15th Sep 2009, 17:37
hi guys. i'm obviously new here but been lurking for a while now :).
can't wait till I put my fingers on BAT:AA, but since I live in EU, gonna have to wait 3 more days :nut:

anyways.... i really hope patch will be released under "downloads" link on the official page because i can't download it from GFWL since my country isn't supported :mad2:

I've downloaded the one from 2shared.com sero34 provided but i would ( and i think everyone thinks the same ) rather download it from a reliable page such as this.

so eidos please do the logical thing and stick it on the front page with big flashy letters blinking "dl patchzor here nao" :rolleyes:, oh and please do it fast because we don't want to wait any day longer then we already have :o

excusez moi for my english bitte :)

Ace Antilles
15th Sep 2009, 22:09
The update via live is the `official` route to take for installing it. That is how i would advise anyone to get the update, rather then a 3rd party source. Cannot be guarenteed if get from somewhere else am afraid

Can we have a link to the official patch please?

Like Noblees said. I want to play the game ASAP and not wait to get a patch downloaded after I get the game.
Or will it be on the UK pc release from the beginning?

If you can't give a link can you tell us the exact procedure how we get the patch once we have the game please. Thanks

The Coca Cola Company
15th Sep 2009, 22:20

Ace Antilles
15th Sep 2009, 22:35

Yes but can you be a bit more detailed please. This is the first game that I've had for GFWL

I logged in via the GFWL launcher today and saw nothing new for BAA. I can't get the game until Friday when it's out here.

I assume when I install the game BAA will show up in a menu and there will be a link for it there then.
Is that correct?

GrimyGhost
15th Sep 2009, 22:38
when you start the game it will pop up saying once you get to the menu.

Catlettuce
15th Sep 2009, 22:54
Cannot be guarenteed if get from somewhere else am afraid

It's certainly not as if Eidos could provide us with the MD5 hash of the file/s so people can check the integrity of anything they get from another source and guarantee it's the same file

Such a notion would be insane.

sero34
15th Sep 2009, 23:09
This offical patch. smooth and stable patch.

mikelocks
15th Sep 2009, 23:13
Does ATI Cards Need This

The Coca Cola Company
15th Sep 2009, 23:38
Yes but can you be a bit more detailed please. This is the first game that I've had for GFWL

I logged in via the GFWL launcher today and saw nothing new for BAA. I can't get the game until Friday when it's out here.

I assume when I install the game BAA will show up in a menu and there will be a link for it there then.
Is that correct?

When you launch the game it will require you to set up a Live profile first or/if you already have one, to register the product key that came with the game. When you do this it will inform you about a product update and it will download it.

The Coca Cola Company
15th Sep 2009, 23:39
Does ATI Cards Need This

They do not "need" it, but you should install it anyway for various reasons (future patches might require it)

cable1975
16th Sep 2009, 21:20
I had to use the above link just to launch the game thanks to suckurom launcher failing. Once I ran the above patch all was well. I know that it's difficult to account for everyone's individual computer setup but this was a pretty poor launch for such a great game. It will forever be imprinted on my brain to dislike securom whether it's legit or not. Either the securom devs need to work on their piss poor software or the game devs need to shop for something more reliable.

LightningZERO
17th Sep 2009, 04:35
Do the above patches really work? My country is not supported by GFWL so I need it for the patches

tenth8sphere
17th Sep 2009, 04:59
I had to use the above link just to launch the game thanks to suckurom launcher failing. Once I ran the above patch all was well. I know that it's difficult to account for everyone's individual computer setup but this was a pretty poor launch for such a great game. It will forever be imprinted on my brain to dislike securom whether it's legit or not. Either the securom devs need to work on their piss poor software or the game devs need to shop for something more reliable.

This is one of the most FUBAR'd launches I've ever seen. I'm shocked there's not more about it on gaming and review sites. The GFWL issue, the Gordon Glitch, the piracy measures appearing in legit games. WTF.

Kalrador
17th Sep 2009, 05:23
I don't think most of you understand that if you are experiencing this problem you CANT get the official patch from Games For Windows Live patching system. The game crashes immediately after clicking on the icon. No start up panels, no log in screens, the first think you see is a dialog box telling you "Can't initialise NVIDIA PhysX. Please install the latest NVIDIA PhysX system software" (yes the misspelling is in the dialog)

I already have the latest video drivers installed. I already have the latest PhysX system installed. I have rebooted (many times)

Dismiss that dialog and I am greeted by another dialog that reveals that some component somewhere in the startup process is calling a pure virtual function. For non-software types out there, that is a program execution command call that doesn't actually exist. That should N E V E R happen.

Extremely frustrated customer atm!! :mad2:

Henke123
17th Sep 2009, 11:25
Why isn't the patch available for download on the official site or at Eidos support site yet?

jaywalker2309
17th Sep 2009, 11:29
Heres the checksum/md5 details for the files in the patch installer.. For those who get it via `other` means

I am trying to find out if we can actually distribute the patch outside of Live, as you can imagine we may be tied into MS for this so isnt something we can just do quickly

Henke123
17th Sep 2009, 11:48
Heres the checksum/md5 details for the files in the patch installer.. For those who get it via `other` means

I am trying to find out if we can actually distribute the patch outside of Live, as you can imagine we may be tied into MS for this so isnt something we can just do quickly
Thank you.

Kalrador
17th Sep 2009, 12:49
Thanks for looking into it.

Choronzonon
17th Sep 2009, 13:24
Live isn't downloading any patch to my machine. The video card is an Nvidea 9800GT. Should I attempt to install the rapidshare version of the patch?

Noblees
17th Sep 2009, 13:32

thank you very much m8. i checked your details with the ones from rapidshare, everything seems ok, except you have "content.xbx" and the one we've downloaded from links provided doesn't. hopefully thats not a big deal :scratch:

jaywalker2309
17th Sep 2009, 13:32
Obviously officially we only `suggest` you get from live, but if u want to try the hosted file be my guest. Check that the files match the crc's i posted earlier to ensure someones not trying to distribute dodgy files.

Yeh the content.xbx is a hosting file. Doesnt get used by the installer

Noblees
17th Sep 2009, 13:34
cheers :thumb:

AgentChaos
18th Sep 2009, 08:12
I get a weird graphics after installing 1.1 patch,

I have ATI Radeon HD 4850, I get weird graphic trails on the movies when I lose/die,

how can i fix this?

jaywalker2309
18th Sep 2009, 08:16
weird graphics?

can you try and get a screenshot? or explain a bit more clearly then `weird`.. since i think <insert name of strange US magician> is weird but am guessing you dont have him appearing on your screen :)

AgentChaos
18th Sep 2009, 08:19
its like there is a trail a bunch of scarecrows/jokers behind the main one, alot of overlapping, (kinda like a mouse trail)

Cruis.In
18th Sep 2009, 09:52
progress on a download link please? waiting 3 days now.

pleomax
18th Sep 2009, 09:58
Just got the title update and dlc night map something.

Happy to report no probs.

You can't tell when it's done because the progress bar doesn't work properly, so i just went and did something else and waited for the light on my modem to stop flickering.

demonbat
18th Sep 2009, 11:52
Got the EU version this morning, just after installing it but no PhysX, where in Live do I find it to download ?

jaywalker2309
18th Sep 2009, 11:54
Live will push it onto you when you login to your account. If you create offline account wont offer it

demonbat
18th Sep 2009, 11:57
Live will push it onto you when you login to your account. If you create offline account wont offer it
Hasn't done it, I've already downloaded the two map packs but no update is on it or has popped up to download either :confused:

Henke123
18th Sep 2009, 11:58
Any news about if you are allowed to put the patch on other places than Live yet?

demonbat
18th Sep 2009, 13:02
Why isn't the PhysX patch on the main site for download, I can't get it from Live, surely it would make sense to put it on the site :scratch: (I've waited long enough to get the game and now I can't get the PhysX patch :mad2:)

Nemesis296
18th Sep 2009, 13:30
Hasn't done it, I've already downloaded the two map packs but no update is on it or has popped up to download either :confused:

Are you running the game when you're trying to download it? It's not like an "addon" or anything like that. You have to run the game, sign into LIVE and then it will say "There is an update for this game. Selecting No will sign you out of LIVE." If you click to download the patch and go do something else for 15-20 mins it should work. FYI - You need to allow Games For Windows - LIVE to have access through Windows Firewall in order for this to work. Just allowing Batman Arkham Asylum through the firewall is not enough to accomplish this. The patch is large so the misleading progress bar does not necessarily mean that it isn't downloading. I reinstalled the game thinking my copy was faulty, but all I needed was a little bit of patience. :)

JamieSI
18th Sep 2009, 13:44
Can you upload this file to Strategy Informer - http://www.strategyinformer.com/mods/upload.php#upload

Better free service with no wait on downloads :)

Ashar
18th Sep 2009, 13:45
Im not sure if its even downloading properly, ive tried a few times now, the patch progress bar instantly fills up, and then it just hangs, i left it for a while, but nothing happened. Nothing seems to be downloading since when ever i download somethign normally, the internet is slowed down because it uses up all the bandwidth. Therefore i cant seem to download the patch via the 'official' method which sucks ass. Any help would be nice, maybe i should just use the one i downloaded via usenet.

Nemesis296
18th Sep 2009, 14:10
Im not sure if its even downloading properly, ive tried a few times now, the patch progress bar instantly fills up, and then it just hangs, i left it for a while, but nothing happened. Nothing seems to be downloading since when ever i download somethign normally, the internet is slowed down because it uses up all the bandwidth. Therefore i cant seem to download the patch via the 'official' method which sucks ass. Any help would be nice, maybe i should just use the one i downloaded via usenet.

How long is a while? It's a 266MB patch. Depending on your download speed this could take hours...

pleomax
18th Sep 2009, 14:27
Im not sure if its even downloading properly, ive tried a few times now, the patch progress bar instantly fills up, and then it just hangs, i left it for a while

Just leave it, it is downloading, if you keep clicking to re-download it's going to take even longer.

I estimated it would be about 20-25 mins because my internet sucks. (title update=266mb)

Then get the 'insane night map pack' in the dlc section. 119mb, i think.

moidoid
18th Sep 2009, 14:55
When you launch the game it will require you to set up a Live profile first or/if you already have one, to register the product key that came with the game. When you do this it will inform you about a product update and it will download it.

...Unless of course it repeatedly comes up with a message that it cant connect to your profile for reasons that it doesn't know.

It seems that every game I get at the moment is hamstrung by stupid authentication stuff that just stops me playing it.

Nemesis296
18th Sep 2009, 15:32
...Unless of course it repeatedly comes up with a message that it cant connect to your profile for reasons that it doesn't know.

It seems that every game I get at the moment is hamstrung by stupid authentication stuff that just stops me playing it.

Is GFWL enabled through your Firewall? That was the first problem I had...then I had the issue of it not downloading my profile to my computer properly until the patch had installed. It went sorta like this: (after allowing LIVE through my firewall)

-Load Batman
-Attempt to login to LIVE
-"Download profile" (Failed without error message)
-"Update available."
-Download update and install (this takes a while)
-Reload Batman
-Login to LIVE
-Downloaded profile successfully, login and play game. :)

TitusTroy
19th Sep 2009, 00:11
so there's no way of enabling PhysX unless I download the patch??...in the demo the option was there without doing anything special

Nemesis296
19th Sep 2009, 00:40
so there's no way of enabling PhysX unless I download the patch??...in the demo the option was there without doing anything special

Yea you unfortunately have to patch the EXE to 1.1 to make the PhysX work.

onikrulz
19th Sep 2009, 07:57
Gonna test it with the Gordon crash solution

mnemosyne
19th Sep 2009, 14:41

i've got this same problem, logged to live, downloaded dlc, done whatever they write here and it doesn't try to download this f* patch! i've disabled firewall

rax369
19th Sep 2009, 15:57

I am trying to find out if we can actually distribute the patch outside of Live, as you can imagine we may be tied into MS for this so isnt something we can just do quicklyCould you post the md5 or an .sfv file to check against that file the integrity of all the files instead of posting an image ? please!! :thumb:

fe-man
19th Sep 2009, 17:44
i just tried getting the patch off live and i waited an hour and it still wouldnt finish...would be nice if i could get it officially without live

Mike89
20th Sep 2009, 04:35
Is this patch going to work for the D2D version?

sero34
21st Sep 2009, 12:18
Yes , its working d2d version

skwarek
21st Sep 2009, 13:33
Thank you for putting those files here. Sad to say... Polish version of the game is not downloading any patch at all... I just had enough of it, almost always polish patches are coming out later than "the rest of the world", I even dont know if polish publisher is going to do something with this patch, I hope the rapidshare version will work with my pl version. Next time Im gonna use some kinda D2D... I will pay more, but will have a normal, full product that I payed for -_-'

KamenRaida
10th Oct 2009, 08:08
Hi, just wanted to say that I've been having problems with downloading these two files.

For one, the 2Shared link doesn't seem to appear to be working, and the rapidshare ones have for some reason claimed that I already am 'downloading a file' even though I hadn't even visited Rapidshare before then.

Anyone have any advice on what to do here?

dogvsall
9th Nov 2009, 16:33
you can find the patch on gamespot.com.download it, unzip,copy in batman a.a folder and run. wait a while and then after installing restart your computer.then play.:thumb: