PDA

View Full Version : "BmLauncher has stopped working"

Tjosan
15th Sep 2009, 11:20
Hello all, I have installed the demo and all and the BmLauncher won't work for some reason. I tried the demo the first time when it just came out and I had the exact same problem then but I didn't give it another thought.

Now when the real game is about to release I wanted to see if the demo worked at all on my computer. Guess what! It doesn't work and I have no clue why. I have installed the latest drivers even updating Net Framework. Nothing is working, the BmLauncher just won't work. And I refuse to buy the game untill I at least know that the demo works.

Anyone has any ideas? Feel free to share. I was really looking forward to this game :mad2:

Specs:
Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
OCZ DDR2 PC6400, 4 GB Reaper
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Windows Vista SP 1

jaywalker2309
15th Sep 2009, 11:31
Hello all, I have installed the demo and all and the BmLauncher won't work for some reason. I tried the demo the first time when it just came out and I had the exact same problem then but I didn't give it another thought.

Now when the real game is about to release I wanted to see if the demo worked at all on my computer. Guess what! It doesn't work and I have no clue why. I have installed the latest drivers even updating Net Framework. Nothing is working, the BmLauncher just won't work. And I refuse to buy the game untill I at least know that the demo works.

Anyone has any ideas? Feel free to share. I was really looking forward to this game :mad2:

Specs:
Intel Core2Duo E6850 @ 3.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT
OCZ DDR2 PC6400, 4 GB Reaper
Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Windows Vista SP 1

There is a fix on the full game not readily available on the demo.. i cannot find the link now, but if u do a search you will find a thread hosting 2 files you need to get it to launch..

Tjosan
15th Sep 2009, 12:05
There is a fix on the full game not readily available on the demo.. i cannot find the link now, but if u do a search you will find a thread hosting 2 files you need to get it to launch..

Okey so this problem is 100% fixed on the full game it's just not fixed on the demo?
Or would the 'fix' maybe work on the demo? Guess not but still...

EDIT: I tried the solution that was found in this thread http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=92273&highlight=bmlauncher and it worked like a charm. Too bad I didn't look hard enough when the demo came out. Anyways thanks for the quick reply and all, now off to work!

saynt
17th Sep 2009, 13:17
This fixed my problem too, but now I only have access to a 360 XBOX controller, it wont let me select keybord in options. How do I fix that?

Rockatansky
17th Sep 2009, 13:25
You can switch between controller and keyboard without having to change any settings.

saynt
17th Sep 2009, 13:53
True, but should'nt my keyboard still be recognized, I cant use keyboard in game and it is not even recognized in the controller options, it just shows 360 controller. When I click on the orange word "keyboard" nothing happens.

jaywalker2309
17th Sep 2009, 13:56
There is an INI file that controls, erm, controllers if you've put a file in which only references the 360 controller then it wont know what keys to assign.

saynt
17th Sep 2009, 14:28
only INI files I changed were the ones you suggested people too that were having bmlauncher problems.
Did these files also lock them into using only 360 controllers, you suggested these files for PC problems. Should'nt they have keyboard options too. Can you find out from someone what part of the file controls that?