PDA

View Full Version : The Official new DLC press release

Ace Antilles
14th Sep 2009, 23:23
Thanks to the guys in the General Forum linking to this.
Here's details on the new DLC from the released press release. I'm sure Keir or someone will have the Eidos post up 2moro.

http://enewsi.com/games/index.php?itemid=30290&catid=1

Eidos Interactive Ltd. and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced the Insane Night Map Pack, a free downloadable map pack for the critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum action adventure title. Beginning September 17th, the Insane Night Map Pack will be available from PlayStation Store, Xbox LIVE Marketplace, and Games for Windows® LIVE Marketplace, and offer gamers two new Challenge Maps to hone their FreeFlow Combat skills and test their Invisible Predator prowess.

In the ‘Totally Insane’ FreeFlow Combat map, players will be tested to their fullest as scores of escaped lunatics bear down upon BATMAN as they make their escape through the asylum’s secure records facility. These fast-moving foes will challenge all but the most practiced players, with quick reactions and expert timing needed to fend off wave upon wave of insane inmates, bent on taking down the DARK KNIGHT. In the ‘Nocturnal Hunter’ Invisible Predator map, players take on a wholly different approach, practicing their predatory skills to remain in the shadows, utilizing the Arkham watchtowers and Batman’s arsenal of gadgets to gain the upper hand on The Joker’s army of goons patrolling below.

The Insane Night Map Pack will be available from September 17th for PLAYSTATION 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and the soon to be released Games for Windows LIVE edition.

They sound cool and it's not the exclusive maps yet either, so that's cool too! :cool:

Pbrad08
15th Sep 2009, 00:04
Horray! No dem-bones map for everybody! I was gonna freak if they offered it as a download to any Joe.

Kettels
15th Sep 2009, 20:11
yeah saw this before, good news i guess.

Its funny no-one has anything to complain about so this thread wont get many replys :D

capable heart
15th Sep 2009, 20:44
Well, I am surprised (pleasantly) that it is not Dem Bones and Crime Alley.

I mean, I think everybody should have those maps but at least this shows there is even more stuff being developed. Cool. :)

Kettels
15th Sep 2009, 22:01
Well, I am surprised (pleasantly) that it is not Dem Bones and Crime Alley.

I mean, I think everybody should have those maps but at least this shows there is even more stuff being developed. Cool. :)

Why? why should people get something for free when others had to pay for it. I think it should be released a few months down the track but at a price. ;)

capable heart
15th Sep 2009, 22:16
Why? why should people get something for free when others had to pay for it. I think it should be released a few months down the track but at a price. ;)

Because others did NOT have to pay extra for the maps--makes no sense at all to say that. The people who did get them, all they did was pre-order. People who pre-order don't pay more for the game than somebody who didn't pre-order.

In fact, literally the opposite of what you said is true. Theoretically speaking, the people who got the exclusive maps early would be the ones who got them for free, and the people who would have to pay for them later would be the ones who paid more.

"Down the track at a price" method would actually be making people pay for something that other people got free, not the other way around.

Logic fail? lol ;)

Claptovaughn
15th Sep 2009, 22:42

I don't know what store ripped you off but no one paid extra for those.

If you ended up getting suckered into paying a higher price for the game just to preorder it at a particular store, then that's your own fault.

Kettels
15th Sep 2009, 23:46
Where did u pre-order Crime alley from then? Cause as far as i know its only with the horribly overpriced CE.

... if u could pre-order it /* facepalm */ :o

Nemesis296
16th Sep 2009, 00:04
Because others did NOT have to pay extra for the maps--makes no sense at all to say that. The people who did get them, all they did was pre-order. People who pre-order don't pay more for the game than somebody who didn't pre-order.

In fact, literally the opposite of what you said is true. Theoretically speaking, the people who got the exclusive maps early would be the ones who got them for free, and the people who would have to pay for them later would be the ones who paid more.

"Down the track at a price" method would actually be making people pay for something that other people got free, not the other way around.

Logic fail? lol ;)

I picked up my PC copy in Gamestop today, and mine came (no preorder) with a code to use Dem Bones in the box :)

strykai
16th Sep 2009, 01:28
I picked up my PC copy in Gamestop today, and mine came (no preorder) with a code to use Dem Bones in the box :)I just got back with my PC preorder from EBGames in Vancouver with the exclusive DEM Bones challenge map. I feared that Canadians would get hosed but I guess I had a whiff of Dr. Crane's fear gas...

One of my fears were true, as there were no boxes available on the retail shelves and the salesperson said they had surpassed last year's Christmas eve totals...

William
16th Sep 2009, 01:35
That is really awesome! Great to get some free DLC. Both sound cool but I like the sound of the insane one a bit more. I hope eventually they release the dem bones as free or for a small fee.