PDA

View Full Version : Dear mycoldman,

hotduk
14th Sep 2009, 21:04
Dear mycoldman, a.k.a. Mike Oldman, a.k.a. Mr. Sunshine,

Please help.

I can only assume that you're still reading the forums and taking much delight in the insane ramblings of the ADHD council. I also have enjoyed reading the craziness that comes from having nothing else to talk about except catholic school issues, "who would you do?", and all the other crazy crap that goes on here. Some actually is pretty funny, or sad. Take your pick.

We need your help. There's nothing to talk about. We can only bash the stupid red flash and praise the almighty hook for so long.

Anything you can give us? Any chance you can answer some of their questions that we wrote that you didn’t get to in the podcast?

I even have an extra question. Hopefully it hasn't been asked, then answered already, but whatever, almost every thread has trailed off into randomness. What happens to all the chaos you create? Once you destroy everything that can be destroyed, does it stay destroyed? Could you eventually end up with nothing left to blow up? I'm really thinking that this isn't the case, but wanted to throw it out there anyways.

And if you can't answer any of the looming questions, how about releasing a little teaser? Something to keep us on the edge of our computer chairs.

Ok, thanks for reading.

hotduk

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
14th Sep 2009, 21:24
I'm scared...

KillSwitch1
14th Sep 2009, 23:07
if there was a limit to how much you could blow crap up...would be quite disapointing

polimerjones
14th Sep 2009, 23:08
me too :eek:

Terma8r
15th Sep 2009, 00:12
if stuff u blew up in the game stayed destroyed, that would suck, but now with these free-roaming
destroying games, most of the sceneary should "spawn" back.....i hope

hotduk
15th Sep 2009, 02:04
Right. I totally agree that it SHOULD respawn. I can't see why it wouldn't, or at least have some sort of significant time delay.

Otherwise you could just blow a bunch of crap up, fly around a bit, then come back and do it over again.

I'm sure the "powers that be" have already figured these details out, I was just curious to know for sure.

Beam_me_up_Scotty
15th Sep 2009, 02:58
I don't think the destruction will be at the mercs 2 level but there's no way the things you destroy in free roam won't respawn, the bases however will probably be gone forever when you destroy them

Kitchenfork
15th Sep 2009, 03:51
Hmm, I reckon most stuff would respawn after a load but if you blow it up again you wouldn't be awarded chaos points. I didn't like in the last just cause when you liberated all the states that you couldn't get police or anyone to fight you, luckily I had a spare file saved so I could go back and cause some havoc.

What would be great is if when you finish the game cheat mode is unlocked (like keys to the city in crackdown) where you couldn't unlock achievements or even possibly save but you could spawn vehicles, explosive barrels, unlimited ammo, all weapons, and be able to increase/decrease heat level. Also be able to reset everything so all buildings etc. aren't destroyed.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
15th Sep 2009, 13:55
I guess things just reappear when you come back. And I preffer it that way. In Fallout for example, everything you do keeps done forever, it's nice but I don't like being alone for the rest of the game. All dead... muahahahahaaaa!!!

hotduk
15th Sep 2009, 18:43
I guess things just reappear when you come back. And I preffer it that way. In Fallout for example, everything you do keeps done forever, it's nice but I don't like being alone for the rest of the game. All dead... muahahahahaaaa!!!

Right, and that is NOT what I want to happen for JC2.

guzzti
15th Sep 2009, 18:52
they said, and i quote, ''if you're doing everything like blowing all up? I'd say the game will last for 100 days''

assuming that you would use 3-4 weeks on 2 continous gameplay days, you would use up all you're friends, your girlfriend. and all your sparetime and 8 hours sleep... , it would take you 66.66666666666667 days. or 2.1505376344086025 months....

brauny
15th Sep 2009, 19:30
how did u get those answers. i need to see ur work. and whwere did u even get 100 days from

guzzti
15th Sep 2009, 19:32
they say it on the podcast

brauny
15th Sep 2009, 19:38
O. my computer froze like 30 mins into it and i never listened again. i really only listened about 5 mins my darn adhd was saying look a bird look carpet look a tv look a telephone. hes a trickster for sure

hotduk
15th Sep 2009, 19:49
they said, and i quote, ''if you're doing everything like blowing all up? I'd say the game will last for 100 days''

Thanks, I'm going to fire up that little podcast and hear that part again. It'd be nice if someone was really crazy bored and typed up a nice little transcript for us all.

awesome_man
15th Sep 2009, 23:07
it was 100 hours..not days..duhh

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
16th Sep 2009, 12:48
100 hours? They said that? Is that with secrets and all or the main story?
Anyway, 100 hours + 100 unique vehicles + 1000 sq km + dual hooking = can't wait

brauny
16th Sep 2009, 19:33
i think ur calculations are wrong. the answer i got is cant wait^2

Mr Chainsaw
17th Sep 2009, 10:19
The number my can't wait has been multiplied by can't fit inside a single post