PDA

View Full Version : [Urgent , technical problem] Grapich problem

Worldnno
14th Sep 2009, 21:02
Hi

Inside the game, i see the rain,smoke, shadows, some items (like some doors), lights, very bad and most of times whit a huge black rectangle shadow on it. I must confess , im running the game whit just the minimium requerimients (256vram(gforce fx 6200), 1gb ram, 2.4 athlon processor). Im running the game whit all the minimum (640x480 resolution, etc). Some times it gets unplayable (you cant see where you are). I downloaded the last driver version from nvidia, and the problem dont get solve. I really need some help

Inzane
14th Sep 2009, 21:04
Hi

Inside the game, i see the smoke, shadows, some items (like some doors), lights, very bad and most of times whit a huge black rectangle shadow on it. I must confess , im running the game whit just the minimium requerimients (256vram(gforce fx 6200), 1gb ram, 2.4 athlon processor). Im running the game whit all the minimum (640x480 resolution, etc). Some times it gets unplayable (you cant see where you are). I downloaded the last driver version from nvidia, and the problem dont get solve. I really need some help

the fx 6200 is the weak point. that a real old generation card

Worldnno
14th Sep 2009, 21:07
the fx 6200 is the weak point. that a real old generation card

i already know it, but i thought playing whit all at minimum would work fine (whit low fps..)
Is there any possible solution for my problem?

The Coca Cola Company
14th Sep 2009, 21:09
I'm afraid not.

Inzane
14th Sep 2009, 21:15
i already know it, but i thought playing whit all at minimum would work fine (whit low fps..)
Is there any possible solution for my problem?

sorry your gonna have to buy a new gfx card. you may be able to update the drivers that could help a little. I recall the fx 6200s where only for dx9.0 not dx 9.0c. you also need to keep you cards updated to the current dx release, in 4 weeks that will be dx 11. what also does not help its a 256 mb card. thats not good you not going to have all the textures load. 512 or 1 gig is far better. also sounds like a shader model issue.

Worldnno
14th Sep 2009, 21:58
sorry your gonna have to buy a new gfx card. you may be able to update the drivers that could help a little. I recall the fx 6200s where only for dx9.0 not dx 9.0c. you also need to keep you cards updated to the current dx release, in 4 weeks that will be dx 11. what also does not help its a 256 mb card. thats not good you not going to have all the textures load. 512 or 1 gig is far better. also sounds like a shader model issue.

"shader model issue" can u explain it to me?? perhaps we can find a solution to my problem

i know that 256mb wont get all the textures load, but it would only mean the game to run lower, not grapich problems. I dont care much about fps really.. i already know my hardware cant run it in good conditions, but atleast i want to can play it.

Thanks for your help

Inzane
15th Sep 2009, 00:34
"shader model issue" can u explain it to me?? perhaps we can find a solution to my problem

i know that 256mb wont get all the textures load, but it would only mean the game to run lower, not grapich problems. I dont care much about fps really.. i already know my hardware cant run it in good conditions, but atleast i want to can play it.

Thanks for your help

the shader model is built into the gfx card, no way to fix it. I would try to update your Direct X.

trek554
15th Sep 2009, 01:01
Hi

Inside the game, i see the rain,smoke, shadows, some items (like some doors), lights, very bad and most of times whit a huge black rectangle shadow on it. I must confess , im running the game whit just the minimium requerimients (256vram(gforce fx 6200), 1gb ram, 2.4 athlon processor). Im running the game whit all the minimum (640x480 resolution, etc). Some times it gets unplayable (you cant see where you are). I downloaded the last driver version from nvidia, and the problem dont get solve. I really need some help for modern games what you need is a new card and more ram and maybe even a better cpu if that is not a dual core. the 6200 is a joke even for many older games and is only half the power of the already pathetic 6600 which is the minimum to run the game in the first place.

Worldnno
15th Sep 2009, 01:11
i called some friends, and i could get a 6600 (its hard to get AGP in my country) Its like expensive.. so i wanna ask you guys first... can i fix this problem whit a 6600?? If u say yes i would buy it tomorrow.

trek554
15th Sep 2009, 01:21
i called some friends, and i could get a 6600 (its hard to get AGP in my country) Its like expensive.. so i wanna ask you guys first... can i fix this problem whit a 6600?? If u say yes i would buy it tomorrow. it will at least allow you to play the game on low. it will still hitch some with just 1gb of system ram and be sluggish if thats a single core cpu. I have a perfect condition 6600 apg card and extra ram you could have but I am probably no where near you. I certainly would not pay more than 10 bucks for that 6600 card.

Worldnno
15th Sep 2009, 05:55
it will at least allow you to play the game on low. it will still hitch some with just 1gb of system ram and be sluggish if thats a single core cpu. I have a perfect condition 6600 apg card and extra ram you could have but I am probably no where near you. I certainly would not pay more than 10 bucks for that 6600 card.

well thats the problem!! im paying $80 for it. Thats the reason im asking before buying it. The good thing is that it is a new card whitout use, the bad is i cant get a 7300 (i tought it is the best for AGP, or at least close to the best).

trek554
15th Sep 2009, 05:57
well thats the problem!! im paying $80 for it. Thats the reason im asking before buying it. The good thing is that it is a new card whitout use, the bad is i cant get a 7300 (i tought it is the best for AGP, or at least close to the best). wow your whole computer with a 6600 isnt worth 80 bucks. it doesnt matter if its new because its so out of date. a $1000 cpu or $500 gpu from 5 years ago are almost worthless today because they have been replaced with much faster stuff for lower cost. a 7300gt is pretty bad too and is about the same as a 6600. if thats a 7300gs then its actually worse than a 6600. where do you live?

RYO_91
15th Sep 2009, 06:41
cmon man that is old crap, you should buy a 8500gt to play it properly

trek554
15th Sep 2009, 06:49
cmon man that is old crap, you should buy a 8500gt to play it properly he has agp. also 8500gt is crap too for modern games. better than 6200 and 6600 but still crap.

Worldnno
15th Sep 2009, 13:15
wow your whole computer with a 6600 isnt worth 80 bucks. it doesnt matter if its new because its so out of date. a $1000 cpu or $500 gpu from 5 years ago are almost worthless today because they have been replaced with much faster stuff for lower cost. a 7300gt is pretty bad too and is about the same as a 6600. if thats a 7300gs then its actually worse than a 6600. where do you live?

im from argentina, everithing here costs 4xmore

a good computer in your country... its around $2000, the same computer costs $8000 to me, this is why im very out of date in hardware.

Well im gonna buy the 6600, ill reply later at the time i instaled it.

Thanks for your help

Worldnno
16th Sep 2009, 00:35
i bought the 6600 and the problem get solve. thanks to everyone