PDA

View Full Version : My save file was corrupted, how far was I?

Iron Fisticuffs
14th Sep 2009, 17:00
I discovered yesterday that my save file became corrupted somehow and now I have to start all over again. Before I lost my file I was currently in a room against 5 or 6 armed opponents, the first time the gargoyles are rigged to explode if you use them.

I'm wondering how far I was into the game. Was I almost done, a long way to go, in the middle? I'm really struggling to find motivation to go back and replay to that point (though I have started and am moving along somewhat quickly), so knowing where I was in relation to finishing the story would be a big help!

CaptainMcMulla
14th Sep 2009, 17:02
close to the end. But still about 3-4 hours worth playthrough

angleslam99
14th Sep 2009, 18:47
ouch

theguf
14th Sep 2009, 18:59
Oh well, It'll be fun replaying it and doing even better on yer flowz... :)

drugmanrx
15th Sep 2009, 03:19
My saved file also got corrupted in the same spot....I quit to the main menu and then to the dashboard on my 360 before turning it off...

Needless to say it really pissed me off so I promptly took it back...

I didn't feel like spending another 5 hours or so just to get to the same spot :mad2:

EIDOS: Fix this bug or allow users to choose multiple save points

You shouldn't have to start from the beginning just because not enough thought goes into how the game should save....I haven't played a linear game in awhile that doesn't let you pick levels after you beat them! That is just silly.....:lmao:

I will be spending the money I got back on ODST....

END OF RANT

Zombie_in_zen
15th Sep 2009, 23:57
I read a few threads about Saves getting corupted and thought to my self

"O those poor Bastards"

So I made sure I was very careful with quiting to menu and shizz before turning of the game and console.

But just now I started the game up... and my Save has been corrupted too:eek: There goes my 100% finish. At least I made the 1000g achievements already.

Sad though.
:(
/sigh

drugmanrx
16th Sep 2009, 00:23
sorry to hear about you too

it would appear this game has a critical flaw...even when you shut down properly

I don't know about you, but it completely ruined the experience for me

I had to take the game back or I would have flung it out the window

iamtombombadil
16th Sep 2009, 00:36
speak for yourself. Nothing critically flawed about the game I just finished playing. Too bad you too had a rotten experience, but I have not had a corrupt save so it may be more to do with your hardware, rather than the software.

Zombie_in_zen
16th Sep 2009, 00:54
speak for yourself. Nothing critically flawed about the game I just finished playing. Too bad you too had a rotten experience, but I have not had a corrupt save so it may be more to do with your hardware, rather than the software.

O don't get me wrong. I'm not dissing the game in anyway.

I still have my Hard-mode save. Just that my Normal Mode save which got corupteed had all the finished Challenges. Some of the scores I got in those... I'm really sad to loose.

But I'm going through the Hard Mode save now... just trying to get that 100% again.

iamtombombadil
16th Sep 2009, 00:58
yeah I was addressing drugmanrx with my reply. I meant to quote him, but it seems tonight the forum tools are critically flawed.

drugmanrx
16th Sep 2009, 02:08
yeah I was addressing drugmanrx with my reply. I meant to quote him, but it seems tonight the forum tools are critically flawed.

poke fun all you want...I won't feed the trolls...just voicing my opinion…the way the game saves doesn’t seem stupid to you? Fallout 3, GTAIV….never had a problem, I could pick multiple save points…Batman AA: something gets screwed up and you have to start over? I thought they stopped making games that did that years ago

my point is one thing they screw up can ruin an otherwise awesome game...just want to warn other people if they don't want to have the same experience

Dan88
16th Sep 2009, 02:37
I had just got going good in Arkham (around 21%) and my save game was corrupt the next time I tried to load it. It is VERY aggravating that an otherwise incredible game would do that. I've never had ANY other save games fail on me, EVER until the other day.
Now I'm scared to get too far ahead, for fear that it will do it again. This needs to be fixed ASAP via an update. :mad2:

Zombie_in_zen
16th Sep 2009, 06:26
Now I'm just hoping it doesn't happening again...