PDA

View Full Version : My Batman actors for the dark knight returns movie

Creature of the Night
13th Sep 2009, 05:52
if they ever make it here's my list of who could play batman

Micky Rourke
I've seen him in a couple of movies and especially as big bad marv in sin city in my opinion he'd make a perfect Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Dolph lundgren
He's probably past his time but he's a perfect fit he is 6' 5"(196cm) and he holds a 3rd Dan (3rd Degree Black Belt) in Kyokushin Karate he has studied many other martial arts just like Bruce Wayne so he is up there.

Sylvester Stallone
He has played a broken down rocky so why can't he play batman he's my first choice pick just ahead of Rourke.

Bruce Willis
He is an action tough guy and would make a perfect broken down batman.

Clint Eastwood
He's probably too old but would make a great batman or even an old Commissioner Gordon.

Steven Seagal
Probably my worst pick but he has a dark edge to him and he knows martial arts.

Old_BenKenobi
13th Sep 2009, 08:10
Lundgren would be fantastic. He's still big and strong looking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3nnnpd8MHE

I don't know how well he could act it, but he would definitely fill out the Batsuit.

Sly, I think, is way to recognizable. It would be the same issue people have with jack Nicholson in Batman89

Eastwood is, like you said, too old (he's 80), but 25 years ago he would have nailed it.

batfan08
13th Sep 2009, 13:41
I don't know,I think Eastwood could still work if it was cg/mo-cap

Old_BenKenobi
13th Sep 2009, 21:01
If they made Batman a digital character like Dr. Manhattan or made the whole movie like Beowolf they could do it. But I think that would be the wrong way to go about it.

batfan08
13th Sep 2009, 22:03
If they made Batman a digital character like Dr. Manhattan or made the whole movie like Beowolf they could do it. But I think that would be the wrong way to go about it.

I think a meld between Beowulf and 300 would be cool.

Old_BenKenobi
14th Sep 2009, 01:33
I don't think TDKR is a story that needs so much CG imagery. It's style is pretty straightforward.

Paulley
14th Sep 2009, 13:59
Eastwood to play Batman in the Batman Beyond / Batman of the Future... now that would be awesome

Old_BenKenobi
14th Sep 2009, 21:33
That would be almost necessary.

batfan08
14th Sep 2009, 21:53
I don't think TDKR is a story that needs so much CG imagery. It's style is pretty straightforward.

yeah,cause every man 70 and up looks like the Incredible Hulk.:p

Old_BenKenobi
14th Sep 2009, 22:52
Batman's only in his early 50s in it. :p

batfan08
14th Sep 2009, 23:01
Same difference(give or take 20 years):p

Jayronathon
21st Sep 2009, 09:06
http://honeyreyes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/2386202988_d9e6b9e4e8.jpg
Batista, but shave the chin strip
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/wrestling/blog/john_cena.jpg
John Cena has the perfect super hero chin, he could play steve rogers in the new captain america film.
Just wrap this guy in a spandex batman outfit and you got the dark knight

Old_BenKenobi
21st Sep 2009, 18:38
There's a lot more to acting than having a strong chin and a big body...

Jayronathon
22nd Sep 2009, 00:33
There's a lot more to acting than having a strong chin and a big body...
And you think Lispin Fail did a good job of ACTING?
w2yv8aT0UFc
thats all i have to say

Old_BenKenobi
22nd Sep 2009, 01:51
All the issues I have with Bale's Batman are because of Nolan. If Nolan didn't want the ridiculous lisp Bale wouldn't have done it. In the scenes with the tormented Bruce Wayne, Bale's a great. Thinking a pro-wrestler could play Batman is bloody retarded.

Jayronathon
22nd Sep 2009, 02:01
All the issues I have with Bale's Batman are because of Nolan. If Nolan didn't want the ridiculous lisp Bale wouldn't have done it. In the scenes with the tormented Bruce Wayne, Bale's a great. Thinking a pro-wrestler could play Batman is bloody retarded.

Yeah, I'm not a prowrestling fan either, but they definitely would fill out the suit.
I just want to see an actor that can do the comic book version of the superhero, justice.

The only actor I have seen do that is Christopher Reeves.

Old_BenKenobi
22nd Sep 2009, 03:58
Well Reeve wasn't exacfly Mt. Olympus. Thankfully he had a director who had a vision that worked with Superman and didn't put him in a rubber suit because "tights are ridiculous."

Do I think Bale could be an amazing Batman? Yes. Is he an amazing Batman under Nolan's direction? No.

lukeob94
22nd Sep 2009, 05:17
why does errone hatez on bale?he's very good......i think peopole need to realize the sludge the franchise has crawled out of and how now their are more serious actors playing a more serious role with a more serious director.nothing is worse than clooney and suckmaker

Old_BenKenobi
22nd Sep 2009, 05:27
why does errone hatez on bale?he's very good......i think peopole need to realize the sludge the franchise has crawled out of and how now their are more serious actors playing a more serious role with a more serious director.nothing is worse than clooney and suckmaker

Poomacher > Suckmaker.

Bale isn't the problem. The problem is while Nolan can write Batman pretty well and knows how to write the character, he insists on giving him a stupid suit and a stupid voice. If Nolan didn't agree with what Bale was doing then I highly doubt he would allow him to go on with the ridiculous voice due to politeness.

Jayronathon
22nd Sep 2009, 08:22
its definitely the suit, i wish we had a kevlar batman like in the game

Old_BenKenobi
22nd Sep 2009, 12:55
I wish we had Batman in tights. :(

Sir Legendhead
22nd Sep 2009, 15:05
Best I can come up with at the moment would be Sean Connery. Still not a perfect fit though. The Scottish accent would be too weird for Batman.

Old_BenKenobi
22nd Sep 2009, 15:06
Harrison Ford would be amazing.

boowashere
22nd Sep 2009, 21:49
http://honeyreyes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/2386202988_d9e6b9e4e8.jpg
Batista, but shave the chin strip
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/wrestling/blog/john_cena.jpg
John Cena has the perfect super hero chin, he could play steve rogers in the new captain america film.
Just wrap this guy in a spandex batman outfit and you got the dark knight

NO
i don't want a wrestler as one of my two favorite super heros
i can see mickey rourke though

batfan08
23rd Sep 2009, 00:22
NO
i don't want a wrestler as one of my two favorite super heros
i can see mickey rourke though

But Mickey was...

http://www.montana.edu/procrastinator/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/the-wrestler1.jpg

:p

Scaretheweans
28th Sep 2009, 11:07
Peronslly i dotn understand criticism of Bale, he plays 2 seperate characters in the films, Batmna and Wayne, its like when he nputs on the suit he changes and that works for me.

Thats a list of worst candiadtes I have heard, only one that can act is Eastwood, yeah lets have Dolph Lundgren as Batman, good bye, I would never wtach it again, nthe guys a piece of wood, as is mnay of the others, Rourke can act but hes wrong for Batman, unless its an old almost past it version of Batman

Honestly people like you picking casts is what ruyined ther Batman series the last time. Wrestlers LOL, I have never heard anything so ridiculous, are you like 10 years old?

Old_BenKenobi
28th Sep 2009, 20:52
Peronslly i dotn understand criticism of Bale, he plays 2 seperate characters in the films, Batmna and Wayne, its like when he nputs on the suit he changes and that works for me.

Thats a list of worst candiadtes I have heard, only one that can act is Eastwood, yeah lets have Dolph Lundgren as Batman, good bye, I would never wtach it again, nthe guys a piece of wood, as is mnay of the others, Rourke can act but hes wrong for Batman, unless its an old almost past it version of Batman

Honestly people like you picking casts is what ruyined ther Batman series the last time. Wrestlers LOL, I have never heard anything so ridiculous, are you like 10 years old?

Well that's what the Dark Knight Returns is...

Creature of the Night
10th Oct 2009, 03:46
Here's my other list

Mark Harmon

He's use to playing tough nut in NCIS and got a dark edge to him that the dark knight needs

Jeffrey Dean Morgan

Don't if he's old enough but he did play a 50 or 60 year old Comedian in watchmen he could also do flash back scenes aswell

Josh Brolin
Same as above

Michael Keaton
Could do it again as an older and wiser and ever darker batman

Andy GarcĂ*a
I list him in the surpise category I think could do a good job

Woody Harrelson
Another surpise to he's played a serial killer not that batman's serial killer or anything but he's got dark enough edge.

Anyway what's your thoughts

DropkickDisco
10th Oct 2009, 07:43
I've never liked The Dark Knight Returns. In fact, I despise the writer's ultra-masculine version of Batman.

It's just not my thing.

royal flush
12th Oct 2009, 17:42
YES on jeffrey dean morgan for the dark knight returns batman! i think he would do great!

and as for bruce wayne in a batman beyond movie...........KEVIN CONROY!!!

Old_BenKenobi
12th Oct 2009, 18:21
yes on jeffrey dean morgan for the dark knight returns batman! I think he would do great!

and as for bruce wayne in a batman beyond movie...........kevin conroy!!!

this