PDA

View Full Version : Song when Joker invites you to party

ArcturusGX
13th Sep 2009, 02:28
That's pretty much it! It's looped over the PA when Joker tells you to get your ass over to the party. The IMDb board hasn't had much luck with it so I'm trying it over here. I've only been able to weed out one or two lines, something like "Tonight's the night.." and "...that thrill"

Other than that, I can't really make it out. To me, anyway, it sounds very like Frank Sinatra. Does anyone know this song? Or was it just simply recorded for the game by a soundalike? It does sound somewhat familiar, I can't be sure.

Any help's really appreciated! Reply to this thread or send me a message at Twitter.com/BrianMLloyd

ArcturusGX
21st Sep 2009, 20:56
This is just a bump. Anyone got a clue on this? I've had no luck so far!

Batguy
22nd Sep 2009, 01:49
Yeah it does sound like a Frank Sinatra song. However, I do think it was something done for the game.

Prince Daka
22nd Sep 2009, 01:53
It's not Sinatra, although I thought the same thing, but no Sinatra recording seems to match. Is there no mention of the music in the game credits? Usually the credits contain such information, although this game has wicked long credits... I don't feel like checking. Either way I'll let it be known if I discover the song.

Kevin =]
22nd Sep 2009, 01:57
hmm, i thought the song was made by the developers of the game :p

btw do you guys know the song when your fighting the joker? (the final fight) it sounds pretty epic
like do you guys have a youtube video link?

ArcturusGX
22nd Sep 2009, 18:03
I've had a look through the credits, I can't find any mention of a song used or whatever. Which, to be honest, leads me to believe it was created just for the game. That said, it must be a pretty good Sinatra impersonator! @Kevin =] That particular song is on YouTube, search for the user Nara099. He's got a lot of them up.

THE-ANIMAL504
23rd Sep 2009, 19:52
seems like a song made for the game

Batz-R-Us
23rd Sep 2009, 20:04
I dont think the song is made for game, anyway If it is or isnt can a mod (or Keir) please tell us what it is? I've been wondering this for ages.

Batz-R-Us
24th Sep 2009, 15:14
Bump...I would really like to know this...

ArcturusGX
29th Sep 2009, 05:53
Bump! Still nothing, I take it? I tried tweeting Nicholas Arundel and RockSteady Games. No answer from either. Anybody else have an idea?

gabelogan99
29th Jan 2011, 15:57
BUMP

The nara guy on youtube doesn't have it or else it's hidden somewhere within his video files.

chipperMDW
29th Jan 2011, 18:53
I managed to pull it out of the game data files a while back. The file was titled Resistable.mp3 (even though that word would properly be spelled resistible, and even though the song is clearly using the word irresistible). If I could post attachments in this forum, I'd upload, but I don't seem to have that capability; I'll see if I can post it on YouTube later.

I still have no clue who sings the song or where it came from. However, the archive containing the file was separate from all the other music files and in a directory called MUS_LicenseTest. The only other thing contained in the archive was "ScratchOff.mp3," an mp3 for the needle scratch on the record player (the one that interrupts this song when it's over or you start fighting). Alongside the archive were two files entitled "DragOff.SoundCue" and "UnderMySkin.SoundCue" that pointed respectively to ScratchOff.mp3 and Resistable.mp3.

Based on that, my guess would be that Rocksteady at some point intended to play Frank Sinatra singing "I've Got You Under My Skin" at that point in the game, but they encountered licensing issues preventing them from doing so. Instead, they probably hired some local Sinatra impersonator to sing this song, which must have been specially written for the game.

What I'm curious about is the lyrics. I seem to be terrible at deciphering the words used in songs in general, and this one is no exception. Last I checked, the lyrics for this song weren't posted anywhere on the Web. I think I figured most of it out, but there are several lines, mostly in the refrain, that I just can't understand. Perhaps someone can help fill in the blanks or correct anything I've misheard.

Tonight's the night
I'm come unwired. (?)
You flew through my heart
all of my life.
You're a part of me;
I'm a piece of you,
irresistible you.
What will we do?

REFRAIN:
(I've) Searched my soul
for the sake (?)
of my ____ (???)
But it's you I need,
(I need you,) irresistible you.
Tantalizing still.
Just can't hide the thrill
that you give me tonight

Nobody's to blame.
Alone you will never win this game.
It takes two.
Will we make it?
We might.

REFRAIN

Batman The Trailer Hunter
29th Jan 2011, 23:19
......wow

chipperMDW
30th Jan 2011, 03:20
For anyone who's still looking for this song, I uploaded it to YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pK0KnldpSo). Enjoy.

gabelogan99
3rd Feb 2011, 18:22
Thank you very very much for this. Awesome job.

Two-Face
24th Feb 2011, 20:23
Joker listens to Frank Sinatra? Classy.

JokersGirl
22nd Jun 2011, 07:43
Hello there!
Sounds like he is saying "For the sake, I'll let go." or "For I'd say I'll let go."
It's quite difficult to make out but I'm almost certain I hear him saying the words, "I'll let go" when he is crooning. ^_~

You have done an absolute wonderful job translating the song, by the way. =) Thank you!

JokersGirl
22nd Jun 2011, 07:49
I really believe this is it- "I've searched my soul for the sake I'll let go".
I've listened to it over a dozen times now on my MP3 player. ^^

Hope I'm right and this helps out!

chipperMDW
29th Jun 2011, 01:18
I really believe this is it- "I've searched my soul for the sake I'll let go".
I've listened to it over a dozen times now on my MP3 player. ^^

Hope I'm right and this helps out!
Hey, thanks for your help! I believe you're pretty close, there; it sounds like it might be "I've searched my soul for the sake of letting go." Does that sound right to you?

JackWinz
29th Jun 2011, 01:48
Found it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdtg1TYXvTk&feature=related

mwkcope
29th Jun 2011, 01:49
Found it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdtg1TYXvTk&feature=related

:confused:

JackWinz
29th Jun 2011, 04:04
:confused:

Yep..

mwkcope
29th Jun 2011, 17:43
Yep..

...I'm just gonna end my part in this conversation here.:p

JackWinz
29th Jun 2011, 19:04
...I'm just gonna end my part in this conversation here.:p

Don't leave me, you.. you can't leave me.
Can't you see we were meant for each other?..

mwkcope
29th Jun 2011, 21:19
Don't leave me, you.. you can't leave me.
Can't you see we were meant for each other?..

Dude. That's just creepy.

JackWinz
29th Jun 2011, 21:47
Dude. That's just creepy.

I love you.. and I always will..

JokersGirl
28th Sep 2013, 17:45
Hey, thanks for your help! I believe you're pretty close, there; it sounds like it might be "I've searched my soul for the sake of letting go." Does that sound right to you?

It does sound like that except for the let go part, I just doesn't sound long enough to be "letting go"... I don't know, maybe he says it really fast, but it still sounds like "let go" to me... Though I do hear what your saying.... it it weren't for that last part of it. grrr. *lol*

Seriously good ear! :D

On a side note, Joker loves "old blue eye's" (Frank Sinatra)'s music- It's even referenced in the comic books.... Joker's a bit of a crooner himself. ;)