PDA

View Full Version : Best Buys in US Some Areas already has the PC Version

rsimeono
13th Sep 2009, 01:56
I had the PC Batman on pre-order with Gamestop but on another forum a guy posted that he bought his copy from Best Buy on Friday. So I went to my local BestBuy and what do you know they have the PC version out on the shelves already. I bought it immediately. If you are in the US and cannot wait until Tuesday check you local Best Buy as they might sell it already.

Cheers Bats!

Shaderhacker
13th Sep 2009, 02:25
Crap!

I'll have to go by there tomorrow!

Inzane
13th Sep 2009, 05:10
Same here going to Best Buy early. spend Sunday with some batman goodness.:) hopefully

nameless
13th Sep 2009, 05:21
I wonder if Canada got some?

jjknap
13th Sep 2009, 16:41
My local Best Buy (Kankakee IL) had Batman PC out, so I picked it up. Installing now :wave:

Lanarian
13th Sep 2009, 17:32
Best buy at charleston and 215 in vegas has it. Just picked it up... Installing now!!!

Inzane
13th Sep 2009, 19:27
Best Buy Boston Has it too

rsimeono
13th Sep 2009, 19:36
I guess Best Buy is selling it early. I have to warn everybody who got their copy from Best Buy that you will not see the PhysX option in the game launcher settings for the game. It either has a time trigger for the option and it will not be available until the 15th or there is a bug. Either way do not be surprised if you do not see it and cannot play the game with PhysX right now. Cheers!

Kevin =]
13th Sep 2009, 21:18
I guess Best Buy is selling it early. I have to warn everybody who got their copy from Best Buy that you will not see the PhysX option in the game launcher settings for the game. It either has a time trigger for the option and it will not be available until the 15th or there is a bug. Either way do not be surprised if you do not see it and cannot play the game with PhysX right now. Cheers!

is that the only problem? does the game run perfectly just without the physx? if so, im not worried cause i cant run physx >.<

Inzane
13th Sep 2009, 21:21
Got it and Installing :D

rsimeono
13th Sep 2009, 21:22
The game runs perfectly normal otherwise and even the achievements work with Games for Windows. I have not gotten too far but the production values of this game are truly great and it looks great too (with or without PhysX).

Inzane
13th Sep 2009, 23:50
this game is far sweeter than anything I have played in the past. super Job Rocksteady

nameless
14th Sep 2009, 00:10
What so we Canadians have to wait longer?:(:mad2:

gitz
14th Sep 2009, 00:50
So I picked up the game today from best buy and installed it. But I can't get to windows live to set up my profile and use my serial number, which means I can't save my game progress. Are any of you other guys who bought the game having this problem?

Ace Antilles
14th Sep 2009, 01:15
Why is it that some stores are so dumb when it comes to sticking to release dates.
It happens here in the UK too from the really big supermarkets. The games retail stores get all pissy about it as they lose sales waiting until the official date.

Some publishers are actually penalizing the stores that do it too much too.

Nemesis296
14th Sep 2009, 01:25
Why is it that some stores are so dumb when it comes to sticking to release dates.
It happens here in the UK too from the really big supermarkets. The games retail stores get all pissy about it as they lose sales waiting until the official date.

Some publishers are actually penalizing the stores that do it too much too.

Cant the publisher technically sue for releasing early? I'm pretty sure they can.

Shaderhacker
14th Sep 2009, 01:26
It's official!! Yes, I picked up my copy this evening at the Best Buy!

Installing now!

Ace Antilles
14th Sep 2009, 01:33
Cant the publisher technically sue for releasing early? I'm pretty sure they can.

They don't go that far. It's usually 1 store out of say 150 in a chain.
They haven't often got special games sales people. So once the stock arrives they shove it out on the shelf on say Wednesday rather than waiting until Friday.

The local games store finds out and then they put theirs out. The competition in a nearby town may find out and then they have to think about it too! And etc etc

Lately though they have come to not do it so much nationally even if a few leak out. For games like GTA, Halo etc.

If the publisher decides to do anything about it they may not let the store have the game on time next release. Delaying their stock a few days.
Normally the manager of the offending store would get a slap from their head office. ;)

jjknap
14th Sep 2009, 01:39
This game should have been released three weeks ago, so I see no issue with having it available a couple days early.

Inzane
14th Sep 2009, 04:09
If the publisher decides to do anything about it they may not let the store have the game on time next release. Delaying their stock a few days.
Normally the manager of the offending store would get a slap from their head office. ;)

The launch is in the middle of the week not ideal for sales, So the store rather make money on the weekend for optmal sales, Also Best buy deals in millions of units nation wide. You won't see the publisher risking that.

Tzzantaru
14th Sep 2009, 14:54
They don't go that far. It's usually 1 store out of say 150 in a chain.
They haven't often got special games sales people. So once the stock arrives they shove it out on the shelf on say Wednesday rather than waiting until Friday.

The local games store finds out and then they put theirs out. The competition in a nearby town may find out and then they have to think about it too! And etc etc

Lately though they have come to not do it so much nationally even if a few leak out. For games like GTA, Halo etc.

no one is going to sue nobody and no one is going to get a slap

Publishers won't sue because they will lose money with the trial , they will lose fame , they have a lot to lose.and maybe next time the sued store won't handle any of theyr games , so they lose more money.

no one is going to get slaped because of this , why?because if they sell early it means they get more money than the competition who sells late.first come , first served. the store gets more money then competition , the publishers get theyr money nomather what , early sale , late sale , they get theyr money (that's all they care about).it's a vicious circle