PDA

View Full Version : animal freind trophy glitched? "devs"?

heybob1978
12th Sep 2009, 23:06
this is the last trophy i need for the plat. I played through twice now making sure to get every animal cage. Both times it did ot unlock the trophy, and so i can;t get my plat for the game.

Is this a known problem and being fixed

thanks

also great game.

Unstablejimmy
15th Sep 2009, 15:10
I'm having exactlly the same prob 3 times i've been through it.100% sure i've got every cage still no trophy. Have you had any luck?

Erroneus
15th Sep 2009, 16:35
Strange I didn't have any problems with going back and replaying levels to getting the animal friend trophy, but it reminds a lot of the same problem with Tengu friends: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95705

Guess IO and Eidos, needs to take a look at the system controlling trophies in this game.

DriftSpace
16th Sep 2009, 03:44
I would not let myself proceed to the next level without finding and fully breaking all the animal cages, and find them all I did ... at least according to the ratings at the end of each level; if I didn't have 100% then I'd select "continue playing" and would explore until I found whatever was missing. I didn't get the "Animal Friend" trophy, despite the fact that I recall receiving a red stamp in the animal section at the end of each level.

It's unfortunate that this game does not track your best run-through for each level after completion; it tells you if you've found all the Jizo's and Kuji, but not ingredients, money, or animals. If I could review my stats upon completion of each level I could verify for sure whether or not I had found all the animals and could take a screenshot -- or perhaps revisit the level to find whatever I missed -- but it isn't so. However, I am completely sure -- knowing myself as a gamer, and being present for my own gaming during the last few weeks -- that I did not allow myself to advance between stages without finding all the animals. I earned that trophy, yet did not receive it.

Please fix this.

Edited to add: Is it possible that by playing through a level again -- perhaps to try and run the Great River rapids flawlessly, and specifically NOT finding/freeing all the animals that time -- that the game remembers that most recent play-through, and that's why I've not received the trophy? Just a thought...

DriftSpace
16th Sep 2009, 04:46
Is it possible that by playing through a level again -- perhaps to try and run the Great River rapids flawlessly, and specifically NOT finding/freeing all the animals that time -- that the game remembers that most recent play-through, and that's why I've not received the trophy? Just a thought...

YES! My suspicions have been confirmed; the game only remembers the MOST RECENT play-through with regards to freeing animals.

Example: If you went back to replay a level before completing the game -- like I did to get the "Smooth Sailing" trophy; ignoring animal rescues that time because I had already rescued them all the first time I played that level -- then the game overwrites your previous animal rescues for that level.

All I had to do to get this trophy was to try and remember which levels I replayed (Great River), rescue all the animals, and FINISH the level. I had only replayed a few levels, so it was pretty quick. In fact, the problem may have just been the Great River level alone, as it was the last level I replayed (to free all the animals) before I received the "Animal Friend" trophy.

I hope this helps other people who were robbed of this trophy; there is a solution to this glitch that doesn't involve you replaying the entire game. They should still patch it though.

Go back and free ALL the animals on ANY levels you played more than once; whether you were just looking for Jizo's, trying to get "Smooth Sailing" or whatever, that's where your problem likely lies.