PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks that bane should be the main villian in sequel

(Snappy Name Here)
12th Sep 2009, 19:52
I think it would be good kind of like knightfall take 2 in game form and make it more video game friendly i know some might think this is a bad idea but i think if anyone could do it, it would be rocksteady:rolleyes:

Ahasverus
12th Sep 2009, 20:00
Seriously I don't :P Bane is not the intelligent deep character that it's needed to do a great story. Knightfall was good enough, but it wasn't because Bane himself, it was because what Bane did and how things happened :)

Kai Rei
12th Sep 2009, 20:04
Seriously I don't :P Bane is not the intelligent deep character that it's needed to do a great story. Knightfall was good enough, but it wasn't because Bane himself, it was because what Bane did and how things happened :)

Bane's one of Batmans most intelligent adversaries...

And no, I don't think he'd suit the league. Maybe go with Scarecrow and see what the storyline does with him.

stubs182
12th Sep 2009, 20:05
I'd prefer Two Face or Riddler as the main villain for the sequel

Ahasverus
12th Sep 2009, 20:07
I'm not talking about the intellicence in terms of how BAne thinks, but how he's backgrounded and his concept, instead, he's almost the cliche big character, only his good background story saves him from the cliche world :P

Kai Rei
12th Sep 2009, 20:09
I'd prefer Two Face or Riddler as the main villain for the sequel

Two-Face would be good as an added villain, but not the main villain. You wouldn't be able to have an epic fight with him because he's too busy talking and flipping his coin.

Scarecrow, Riddler, or maybe Black Mask would do well.

(Snappy Name Here)
12th Sep 2009, 20:10
I'm not talking about the intellicence in terms of how BAne thinks, but how he's backgrounded and his concept, instead, he's almost the cliche big character, only his good background story saves him from the cliche world :P

his intelligence is what make him a good villian. the venom is just so he can stand up to batman

Ahasverus
12th Sep 2009, 20:10
Or the Joker again *Ahascerus escapes*

(Snappy Name Here)
12th Sep 2009, 20:12
as you can see by my post number i am new member of forum (long time reader) how do you put a signature on

stubs182
12th Sep 2009, 20:18
Two-Face would be good as an added villain, but not the main villain. You wouldn't be able to have an epic fight with him because he's too busy talking and flipping his coin.

Scarecrow, Riddler, or maybe Black Mask would do well.

There was no epic fight with joker but he was still a good main villain. You dont need to be focused purely on fighting to drive a good story

Kai Rei
12th Sep 2009, 20:24
There was no epic fight with joker but he was still a good main villain. You dont need to be focused purely on fighting to drive a good story

Of course you don't. Doesn't mean Two-Face would make a good main villain. ;)

Maybe you'd need two "main" villains depending on the size of Gotham. Have Freeze ice some of the city over and have another villain causing anarky on the other side.

Prince Daka
12th Sep 2009, 20:25
I think the main villain should be reserved for older characters from the 1940s, 50s, 60s, 70s. Nothing against characters like Bane, or Hush, but they are still relatively new in the huge history of Batman. They should be used, but not overexposed. I feel that's a problem now with Harley Quinn. She is a 90s character that was great at first but has been overexposed lately & because of that I find her annoying. I wouldn't want to ever feel that way about Bane.

Ahasverus
12th Sep 2009, 20:26
Hush could be great don't you think? Ort even better: Mr Freeze, or even better: AZRAEL! OR even better: THOSE 3! xD

Sivart
12th Sep 2009, 20:27
Villains I want in the sequel:

Ventriloquist
Penguin
Black Mask
Two-Face as the big finale.

Hush can take the "riddles" role, but do it differently.

SirRoscoe
12th Sep 2009, 20:50
If you ask me, Bane doesn't fit in the "criminal mastermind" archetypes reserved for villians like Joker, Ra's al Ghul, Riddler, and maybe Black Mask (my knowledge of him is limited, so I'll reserve that judgement). While quite intelligent, Bane is at best a side-story character than the main threat. As a character, he's more of a threat to Batman himself than Gotham City, and characters like that aren't used as main villians.

SirRoscoe
12th Sep 2009, 20:51

Ventriloquist
Penguin
Black Mask

Honestly, all those characters can be gang bosses, all fighting for Gotham turf.

Hall E Woode
12th Sep 2009, 21:14
I'd honestly rather fight alongside Bane. It's happened a couple of times in the comics. Start off fighting Bane, end up taking on the real villain together.

angleslam99
12th Sep 2009, 23:13
Riddler and Two Face makes the most sense

Sir Legendhead
13th Sep 2009, 00:33
If you ask me, Bane doesn't fit in the "criminal mastermind" archetypes...Except for how he's the only criminal mastermind who was intelligent enough to actually stop Batman for any substantial length of time. Damn near killed him, as a matter of fact. Evidently people have already forgotten Vengeance of Bane and Knightfall (or have yet to read them).

I don't remember the Joker figuring out his secret identity and then crippling him inside the Batcave, y'know?

SolidSnake_123
13th Sep 2009, 00:35
Except for how he's the only criminal mastermind who was intelligent enough to actually stop Batman for any substantial length of time. Evidently people have already forgotten Knightfall (or have yet to read it).

Yes. Apparently they have... Bane is one of the (If not the) intelligent villains in the batman universe.. You kids watching Batman and Robin to much? :lmao::nut:

Sir Legendhead
13th Sep 2009, 00:50
Yes. Apparently they have... Bane is one of the (If not the) intelligent villains in the batman universe.. You kids watching Batman and Robin to much? :lmao::nut:I wish they would've written a halfway intelligent script for that film and then cast Schwarzenegger as Bane. He would've been perfect for that.

I figure most people here know Bane from the animated series. From what I saw, it looked like they did him as a pro wrestler or something. I'm more familiar with the comics than the cartoons myself.

I liked that one miniseries where Bane teamed up with Ra's and Talia. That would work really well for a sequel to this game.

Sivart
13th Sep 2009, 04:09
Honestly, all those characters can be gang bosses, all fighting for Gotham turf.

That was the idea. :)

ThatGuyHarris
13th Sep 2009, 04:30
Outside of the Knightfall storyline Bane has never struck me as a real contender for main villian. I think in a big sweeping plotline a character like Ra's Al Ghul makes for a better main villian in a game that incorporates a number of villians. The best idea I've read on this board has been the premise of a gang war in Gotham that Batman has to stop. It would allow for characters who had no face time in AA (Two-Face, The Penguin, Black Mask, The Ventriloquist, etc) to show up. I'm not arguing Bane's intellect or his tactical prowess, but after the Knightfall storyline nobody really seems to have tapped into this aspect of his character. He never reached the same level of success that he did in Knightfall. I'd LOVE to see Bane return, but as the primary villian? Nah.

SolidSnake_123
13th Sep 2009, 04:32
Outside of the Knightfall storyline Bane has never struck me as a real contender for main villian. I think in a big sweeping plotline a character like Ra's Al Ghul makes for a better main villian in a game that incorporates a number of villians. The best idea I've read on this board has been the premise of a gang war in Gotham that Batman has to stop. It would allow for characters who had no face time in AA (Two-Face, The Penguin, Black Mask, The Ventriloquist, etc) to show up. I'm not arguing Bane's intellect or his tactical prowess, but after the Knightfall storyline nobody really seems to have tapped into this aspect of his character. He never reached the same level of success that he did in Knightfall. I'd LOVE to see Bane return, but as the primary villian? Nah.

Don't count Bane out, he's got the most potential out of almost any villains.

ThatGuyHarris
13th Sep 2009, 04:43
Don't count Bane out, he's got the most potential out of almost any villains.

I don't doubt that. But Bane's crowning achievement was breaking the Bat. I don't see how you could create a story that taps into his intellect and tactical prowess and make it something that wasn't a scenario similar to Knightfall. Bane essentially achieved his goal in his very first story. Since then has he ever concocted another grand scheme to defeat Batman like so many others in Batman's rogues gallery have done? Bane isn't a Batman obsessed career supercriminal. He has almost no motivation to engage Batman further. I just don't see how an original story with Bane as the primary villain would work and somehow not end up being a ripoff of Knightfall.

Sir Legendhead
13th Sep 2009, 05:04
I just don't see how an original story with Bane as the primary villain would work and somehow not end up being a ripoff of Knightfall.I don't see how that would be a serious problem. You don't hear anybody complaining about how this game "ripped off" Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum.

ThatGuyHarris
13th Sep 2009, 08:45
I don't see how that would be a serious problem. You don't hear anybody complaining about how this game "ripped off" Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum.

Fair enough. I just don't think Bane has the flexibility of other major Batman rogues. There are a multitude of ways to incorporate him into any story, but he's pretty much pigeonholed when it comes to making him the focal point/mastermind of a story. But that's just one man's opinion. :D

Drazar
13th Sep 2009, 08:51
I would like to see Bane again, with his more comic looking costume. =) Not really as a main villain tho, i'd prefer Two-Face/Black Mask/Ras' for that role rather. :)

kalle90
13th Sep 2009, 08:57
Fair enough. I just don't think Bane has the flexibility of other major Batman rogues. There are a multitude of ways to incorporate him into any story, but he's pretty much pigeonholed when it comes to making him the focal point/mastermind of a story. But that's just one man's opinion. :D

Mine too

BBboy20
13th Sep 2009, 09:08
Fear Toxin x Titan Project...who knows where that can go...then again, how would Croc and Bane fit into this?

NoMoarDedCawpz
13th Sep 2009, 09:44
Bane isnt a 'leader'...
People like The Joker, The Penguin, Two-Face and maaaaybe The Riddler are leaders(imho).
Bane is thug-4-hire. Not to quote Spiderman but 'apparently you can order them from the backs of magazines' :lol:

Sir Legendhead
13th Sep 2009, 10:03
Bane isnt a 'leader'...
People like The Joker, The Penguin, Two-Face and maaaaybe The Riddler are leaders(imho).
Bane is thug-4-hire. Not to quote Spiderman but 'apparently you can order them from the backs of magazines' :lol:Have you read Vengeance of Bane? I'm guessing you haven't.

NoMoarDedCawpz
13th Sep 2009, 10:19
Nope...Any good?
Been meaning to get Knightfall for a while...
(any links to pics of catwoman from knightfall...;)).

E.Nygma
13th Sep 2009, 10:33
I'll never understand what is the appeal of Bane. To me, he is most likely to be one of the most boring and poorly developed Gotham villains. I see people liking this character only because he is a superbuff dude who beat up Batman badly. Wow? Is that really all you look for a charismatic villain?

Two-Face may be a quite good candidate as the next main villain for the possible sequel. If he is nicely developed, that is.

As much as I love the Riddler, he surely isn't main villain material, and I think Edward Nigma needs to reprise a similar role to the one he already had in this Arkham Asylum videogame. With the only difference that I want to actually -see- him once I solve all of his riddles.

But maybe, the next videogame may as well concentrate on different cases instead than a main villain. Or maybe, a teamup between various Gotham baddies. As much as the Joker isn't among my favorite villains, I admit no one else is more suitable than him for the main villain role, so maybe the sequel should better avoid concentrating on one single villain figure but giving us an equal opportunities mix of the most popular rogues who didn't quite make it in the first game (Penguin, Mad Hatter, Mr.Freeze, and I'd love to see the Ventriloquist).

Sir Legendhead
13th Sep 2009, 10:43
Nope...Any good?
Been meaning to get Knightfall for a while...
(any links to pics of catwoman from knightfall...;)).Yeah, Vengeance of Bane is one of my favorites. It takes place before Knightfall and shows Bane's origins. He was developed as a deep and interesting character, but they always diminish his impact by casting him as the generic muscleman in the cartoons and movies.

I'll never understand what is the appeal of Bane. To me, he is most likely to be one of the most boring and poorly developed Gotham villains. I see people liking this character only because he is a superbuff dude who beat up Batman badly.Not surprising, really. Looks like the majority of posters on this forum know more about the cartoons than the comics. Plus he's shown in a drug induced feral state in this game, which leads people to think that all he does is break walls and stuff. I was hoping they'd at least give him a chance to say something interesting before they put him on the titan, but noooo....

wwmanman
13th Sep 2009, 11:01
Have it open with Bane ala knightfall breaking the bat with Ras using this as an opportunity to bring Gotham into Chaos. Major gang wars and riots, have the game start and run over months instead of one night allowing Batman to start out in an armored suit or even still Co-Op with Nightwing in the cowl for the first level, as Batman heals the armor comes off and the last level after beating Ras Batman would even things up with Bane and if you don't beat him this time the game locks you out of that difficulty, and you have to replay at a harder level to try again, if you miss on all 3 levels Bane escapes and enter Az-Bat, reward with different endings.

E.Nygma
13th Sep 2009, 11:37
Yeah, Vengeance of Bane is one of my favorites. It takes place before Knightfall and shows Bane's origins. He was developed as a deep and interesting character, but they always diminish his impact by casting him as the generic muscleman in the cartoons and movies.

Not surprising, really. Looks like the majority of posters on this forum know more about the cartoons than the comics. Plus he's shown in a drug induced feral state in this game, which leads people to think that all he does is break walls and stuff. I was hoping they'd at least give him a chance to say something interesting before they put him on the titan, but noooo....

Forgive me, but no matter how intelligent Bane may indeed be, when his trademark supervillain gimmick is that he has an almost herculean strength, you can't expect him to take the role of the smart and cunning rogue. Leave the intelligence an mind-thwarting nuisances to villains like Riddler or Scarecrow.

Vandingo
13th Sep 2009, 11:58
Having Bane as the main character is a bad idea he's not a strong enough villian and also you need the really big villians to keep the main-stream audience happy.

For me the next game should have Two-Face and Catwoman in the story with the main character The Penquin, obviously keep the Riddler challenges and when they are completed it would be great to see him in his own segment of the story.

Sir Legendhead
13th Sep 2009, 17:33
Forgive me, but no matter how intelligent Bane may indeed be, when his trademark supervillain gimmick is that he has an almost herculean strength, you can't expect him to take the role of the smart and cunning rogue. Leave the intelligence an mind-thwarting nuisances to villains like Riddler or Scarecrow.So you're saying that the intellectual capacity of a Batman character is determined by his body type? Kind of a strange rule for a fictional universe where the world's greatest detective has the physique of a bodybuilder.

E.Nygma
13th Sep 2009, 18:25
So you're saying that the intellectual capacity of a Batman character is determined by his body type? Kind of a strange rule for a fictional universe where the world's greatest detective has the physique of a bodybuilder.

Let me answer your question with another question, then. Are you saying that the body shape and character depiction of Batman can in any way equate to that of Bane?

I think you already know the point I am trying to make here. Besides, every Gotham villain has a specific gimmick, and Bane's gimmick is the fictional and overexagerated steroid abuse (just like the Ventriloquist has a fictional and overexagerated split personality disorder, Croc has a fictional and overexagerated sense of de-humanization of self, and so on and on).

Sir Legendhead
13th Sep 2009, 18:37
I think you already know the point I am trying to make here.Apparently you're saying a guy that strong can't possibly be intelligent? That's what it sounds like.

Which version of Bane are you familiar with? Seems like you never read his first comic appearances where it showed him use his wits to break out of a maximum security prison, deduce Batman's identity, and take over a city.

I've never seen any of the cartoon versions myself, but based the perceptions of him that I've been seeing here lately, they must have really dumbed him down for the mainstream audience.

KillerCroc
13th Sep 2009, 18:44
This interpretation of Bane really isn't much of the mastermind, or so it seems. So no. I would go with Ra's. He is really the only villain that can fill the shoes of a main villain in my opinion. Maybe Black Mask. But Two-Face and Penguin lost their touch when they became crimelords.

cronball
13th Sep 2009, 18:57
Bane would be okay as a support but i would like to see Two-Face as main villian as well as Black Mask and/or Hush

Zur-En-Arrh
13th Sep 2009, 19:14

I've seen this idea being bandied around and I've got to say it would make a phenomenal sequel.

adnan_ahmed
13th Sep 2009, 19:41
Mr. Freeze and Penguin brings south pole to Gotham.

Hall E Woode
13th Sep 2009, 19:59
This interpretation of Bane really isn't much of the mastermind, or so it seems.

I'm going with "so it seems". Because Bane was majorly out of control in this encounter. Batman even says that he was more powerful than normal (obviously, the dude was flippin' huge, bigger than the Hulk).

It would be nice to see a few weeks later, Bane recovered from being drained and then suddenly repumped, back down to comic book size (which is certainly still huge by human standards). He would be a great villain. It wouldn't be too difficult to explain the difference in size between mega Bane and normal Bane, especially if Titan was involved.

Kai Rei
13th Sep 2009, 20:14
I'm going with "so it seems". Because Bane was majorly out of control in this encounter. Batman even says that he was more powerful than normal (obviously, the dude was flippin' huge, bigger than the Hulk).

It would be nice to see a few weeks later, Bane recovered from being drained and then suddenly repumped, back down to comic book size (which is certainly still huge by human standards). He would be a great villain. It wouldn't be too difficult to explain the difference in size between mega Bane and normal Bane, especially if Titan was involved.

Bane bigger than the Hulk? He was larger than usual, but nowhere near Hulk's size.

Hall E Woode
13th Sep 2009, 20:16
Bane bigger than the Hulk? He was larger than usual, but nowhere near Hulk's size.

It seemed like he was bigger than the Hulk, or at least on par with his size (per other video games I've played).

Velderik
13th Sep 2009, 20:35
Bane, Mr. Freeze, Two-Face and the Penguin, all bound together for a single goal, to steal all the cookies in Gotham city.

Ooh yea, and world domination, let's not forget that.

But I would like to see something like in the comics, Bane unleashing every possible villain of Batman in Gotham, and at the end the final confrontation between Batman and Bane, but with a slightly altered ending (Batman wins).

And when you complete the game you can replay the final battle, but this time as Bane and see the 'Real' ending. (Bane breaking the Bat's back, and taking over Gotham city.)

Velderik
13th Sep 2009, 20:50
This interpretation of Bane really isn't much of the mastermind, or so it seems. So no. I would go with Ra's. He is really the only villain that can fill the shoes of a main villain in my opinion. Maybe Black Mask. But Two-Face and Penguin lost their touch when they became crimelords.

I really don't want to see Ra's as a main villain, since I watched "Batman Begins" I just can't stand to see him anymore.

The Penguin could be a good main villain, if they made him more like the one from "Batman Returns". He had a strange but rather good plan there, and he was portraited fantastic by Danny DeVito.

Allthough I agree with Two-Face, he could be a good villain, but not the main villain.

If they only made Bane a bit smarter in b:aa, he would be the Ultimate Villain, even better than the Joker.

Velderik
13th Sep 2009, 20:55
I've seen this idea being bandied around and I've got to say it would make a phenomenal sequel.

"phenomenal sequal", I disagree.

Too many games have used this theme before, just to name a few: Saint's Row 2, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories, The Godfather 1 & 2, ....

I'm not saying the idea is bad, I would like to see a Batman game like this, because I have always loved gang-themed games. But it won't be unique and that's why it won't be "phenomenal".

Drazar
13th Sep 2009, 20:57
I personally believe theres 1 major problem with the gang war element. Black Mask, Hush, Jason Todd, Two-Face... They are all gun blazing villains so how would you make them more unique from the other? That is a challange if they wanna make Gangster bosses in the game. =p

Velderik
13th Sep 2009, 21:13
I personally believe theres 1 major problem with the gang war element. Black Mask, Hush, Jason Todd, Two-Face... They are all gun blazing villains so how would you make them more unique from the other? That is a challange if they wanna make Gangster bosses in the game. =p

That's easy, don't use them :P

Territory 1 ---> Mr. Freeze = Ice Power
Territory 2 ---> Penguin = Umbrella Power
Territory 3 ---> Two-Face = Gun Power
Territory 4 ---> Bane = Venom Power

So we got 4 different villains, and that's it, Gotham ran out of space :P

LiK
13th Sep 2009, 21:49
nah, i would pick Mr. Freeze orTwo-Face instead. Bane already got his limelight.

M0i
14th Sep 2009, 18:01

Ventriloquist
Penguin
Black Mask

No, just no.

Why would Hush have to take the Riddlers role? The ventriloquist is in my opinion one of the worst villains in the Batman universe...

Riddler and Scarecrow NEED to be in the sequel, they were the best villains in the game, along with Joker, hes always great though.

Mr. Freeze, Two-Face should be in the sequel too. I'm not really fond of the "new" villains like Hush, the only new villains that I enjoy is Harley Quinn, and she ain't that new.

kalle90
14th Sep 2009, 19:43

Take a note from Lego Batman. Joker and Quinn could form an alliance. Bane and Ivy and Two face could share an area. There could be some villains who don't officially own anything so they just hide and do quick salvaging.

I wouldn't like any detailed "Here's Two Face's area" map. It should be more dynamic and flowing. Some villains work together while some hate each other while some are alone, with or without thugs.

But right now I think anyone from the group of Riddler, Bane, Penguin and Ra's could play the role of the main villain. Joker not because he just was in.

Velderik
14th Sep 2009, 20:54
Take a note from Lego Batman. Joker and Quinn could form an alliance. Bane and Ivy and Two face could share an area. There could be some villains who don't officially own anything so they just hide and do quick salvaging.

I wouldn't like any detailed "Here's Two Face's area" map. It should be more dynamic and flowing. Some villains work together while some hate each other while some are alone, with or without thugs.

But right now I think anyone from the group of Riddler, Bane, Penguin and Ra's could play the role of the main villain. Joker not because he just was in.

Bane and Two-Face sharing and area with Ivy, you wish mate.
First of all Bane and Two-Face would fight against each other to become the true leader of that area, and second of all Ivy would never, and I mean never, share an area with humans, she's 200% pro-mother nature and 200% anti-human.

Kai Rei
14th Sep 2009, 21:00

This.

First of all Bane and Two-Face would fight against each other to become the true leader of that area, and second of all Ivy would never, and I mean never, share an area with humans, she's 200% pro-mother nature and 200% anti-human.

Would be interesting if Batman had to save his old friend Two-Face from Ivy and her killer plants/Harvest.

And I don't want Joker anywhere NEAR the "main villain" spotlight. He was the main villain in B:AA, so he needs to take a hike. lol

kalle90
14th Sep 2009, 21:26

I was just throwing some names there. The point is that there could be alliances instead of just linear 1 villain with 100 thugs in certain area.

And like the other commenter said, there could be interesting plot twists to be done. Perhaps Two Face and Bane would have to team up, say if Mr Freeze and Penguin teamed up and Batman was approaching, they're not idiots afterall. Logically Two Face should have killed Joker in Dark Knight but he didn't.

And like I said, I'd rather have dynamic territories instead of real solid strongholds. Two face uses pretty much any apartment as HQ. Joker rather causes chaos around than holds 1 bit of land. Like playing San Andreas with one of those "All pederestians get weapons and shoot everything" matches.

Hook1123
14th Sep 2009, 22:50
Two face!!!!!

Hook1123
14th Sep 2009, 22:52
i know they are in the library but where?

The Joker 1
15th Sep 2009, 01:48
I really prefer Joker in the next one :)

kazinya91
15th Sep 2009, 02:04
i want to see the riddler after reading hush and seeing how he used everyone to get to batman i would love to see him as the main bad guy in another similar style story i really thing the riddler can be menacing if done well.

Sir Legendhead
15th Sep 2009, 06:57
I personally believe theres 1 major problem with the gang war element. Black Mask, Hush, Jason Todd, Two-Face... They are all gun blazing villains so how would you make them more unique from the other? That is a challange if they wanna make Gangster bosses in the game. =pIt would be a lot more interesting to differentiate the villains based on personality and motivation than it would be to say, "Ok, so this guy has an umbrella, this guy looks like a clown, this guy wears lots of question marks..." Those four characters you listed all have their own distinct personas and backstories. They don't need to rely on silly costumes or gimmick weapons to be interesting.

E.Nygma
15th Sep 2009, 08:12
No, just no.

Why would Hush have to take the Riddlers role? The ventriloquist is in my opinion one of the worst villains in the Batman universe...

I think one day or another I should really try to read this "Hush" comic everyone speaks about. It's like all people now think that the Riddler is a charismatic character only on account of that one comic. So I wonder how is Edward Nigma depicted as, in that story.

Anyway, how can be the Ventriloquist be one of the worst villains??? I think he is one of the best. As a first thing, he doesn't have any silly superpower (which is one of the reasons why I don't like villains such as Clayface). As a second thing, his split personality and the way Scarface looks so alive, make him the most creepy of all the villains, at last to my eyes.

Z Arkham Z
15th Sep 2009, 19:32
Bane isnt stupid..just when hes pumped on venom..like joker was in the end...

Velderik
15th Sep 2009, 19:39
Would be interesting if Batman had to save his old friend Two-Face from Ivy and her killer plants/Harvest.

And I don't want Joker anywhere NEAR the "main villain" spotlight. He was the main villain in B:AA, so he needs to take a hike. lol

The "saving Harvey" idea sounds like a good idea they could use in the sequel.

And I agree with the Joker, he had his time to shine, so let's have some other villains now.

Z Arkham Z
15th Sep 2009, 19:42
nah, i would pick Mr. Freeze orTwo-Face instead. Bane already got his limelight.

I don't feel that Bane really had his "limelight". He was quite an easy boss with only 25 gamerscore while others had 50...why would this be? I feel he was just another version of a titan and they needed to make him a bigger role, not just pump him up and run him over >.<

Velderik
15th Sep 2009, 19:46
Bane isnt stupid..just when hes pumped on venom..like joker was in the end...

Yes indeed.

Bane is smart enough to be a main villain, let me give an example here.
In one of the 'Gotham Adventure' comics, Bane robbed every bank, and invested the loot into the poor district of Gotham City, cleaning up old houses, education for kids,....
Why? So They would admire him, therefore when batman came to arrest Bane, everyone resisted against his arrest. Bane got himself his own personal army consisting of innocent civilians, and batman couldn't do anything about it.

And when he was finally released out of prison, he had his own personal army consisting of children, and Batman would never KO a kid.

I don't feel that Bane really had his "limelight". He was quite an easy boss with only 25 gamerscore while others had 50...why would this be? I feel he was just another version of a titan and they needed to make him a bigger role, not just pump him up and run him over >.<

Yes indeed, again.

Z Arkham Z
15th Sep 2009, 19:54
Thanks for showing those examples Velderik

Velderik
15th Sep 2009, 20:05
Thanks for showing those examples Velderik

Np, I'm always ready to defend Bane and his loyal supporters :)