PDA

View Full Version : Arkham Asylum Batmobile

mothy
12th Sep 2009, 07:36
Who else thought that the Batmobile as seen in the game was absolutely fantastic?

I struck me as an excellent follow up to the Tumbler. It still retains the all terrain abilities, but it has a more classical look - namely the rear fins.

What did you think of it?

Any pictures of it around?

thebatman226
12th Sep 2009, 07:51
I reckon its sick, my favorite batmobile ever :thumb:

Joke's on you
12th Sep 2009, 07:52
there arent any pics of it, but you can check out the trophie for it and get a closer look.

mothy
12th Sep 2009, 07:54
I reckon its sick, my favorite batmobile ever :thumb:
I agree. Shame it had to be sacrificed.

Kraken890
12th Sep 2009, 08:01
I loved the fact that like the game its self, it is a culmination of different visions from the comics, movies and t.v. The front grills really got me grinning because it's very similar to Bob Kane's red batmobile design in his first issues.

ThatGuyHarris
12th Sep 2009, 08:01
Anything is better than the Tumbler from the films. I'm just thankful they opted for a more classic batmobile rather than pulling that crap car from the movies.

angleslam99
12th Sep 2009, 08:05
Giving Batman a tank really irritated me, while it's more realistic, it just is a huge turn off. Give me a classical Batmobile from the Burton films

Phantomworks
12th Sep 2009, 08:50
Yeah this version is really cool as is all the artistic expression in the game. Taking influences from Batman history really created something truly special.

Elpy
12th Sep 2009, 08:52
Tbh seeing as it crashed into the river I'd like to see them replace it with...
ZE TUMBLER!!!

Old_BenKenobi
12th Sep 2009, 09:50
I love it. It's got a bit of hot-rod in there, a little bit of off-road, a little big of tank, a little bit of sports car and it's overall aesthetic really resembles the Batmobile from the New Adventures of Batman, just bulked up and given more detail. It's a car that looks like it could crash through a brick wall, go 150 mph and jump across rooftops. Probably a better design than any of the movie Batmobiles, especially the Tumbler.

Ensanguined Walls
12th Sep 2009, 09:52
My only disappointment was that we couldn't use it outside of the cutscenes.

Turn and Face the Strange
12th Sep 2009, 10:40
I loved it. The main basic design of Burton's car, with a few of the good elements of Shoemaker's, various elements from the comics, and the real-world feel of the Tumbler.

Perfect. What are the odds he has a spare in the main Batcave?

Old_BenKenobi
12th Sep 2009, 10:47
I loved it. The main basic design of Burton's car, with a few of the good elements of Shoemaker's, various elements from the comics, and the real-world feel of the Tumbler.

I wouldn't at all be surprised. The man keeps every Batmobile he's had in that cave, in perfect working order.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the in-game Batmobile was water-proof and he could retrieve it later.

HeavenlyRaider.
12th Sep 2009, 11:49
I agree.

Best Batmobile to date.

If there's a sequel... I have a feeling there will be an awesome chase through the streets of Gotham in it... or atleast I hope so.

Mani-Man
12th Sep 2009, 12:09
Every batmobile looked awesome(even the tumbler,but the "batbike" sucks IMO) even the one from batman&robin,still my favorite is the one from the tim burton movie that was so cool.The one from the game looks sick i always look at it in the character trophies.

mothy
12th Sep 2009, 12:58
Hopefully we get to drive some vehicles in the sequel. Who knows...perhaps the Arkham Asylum Batmobile isn't destroyed. Perhaps it can double as a submarine type vehicle, ala Batman Forever. Anyway, chances are Batman has others of the same design in the Batcave.

Turn and Face the Strange
12th Sep 2009, 14:30
Go-go-batget submarine?

SirRoscoe
12th Sep 2009, 15:30
While I liked it, my only issue with the Batmobile was the tiny interior. There's virtually no elbow room. Same with the Batwing. It looks too confined and uncomfortable.

daklog
12th Sep 2009, 16:48
out of all the batmobiles, the one from this game is my new favorite!! (previously it was tied between 1989's, and the orignal TAS one... and i gotta add the adam west version up there on my list too because it is bat-ass!)

THE SALTY LCPL
12th Sep 2009, 17:04
Anything is better than the Tumbler from the films. I'm just thankful they opted for a more classic batmobile rather than pulling that crap car from the movies.

i liked it personally. its just the directors more "realistic" take on a batmobile. i mean if he threw in a crazy comic book batmobile into his films wouldnt seem right IMO.

dont get me wrong though i love the classic style in the game

LemonLoafer
12th Sep 2009, 17:42

Shoemaker's! Hahahahahahahahah! :lol::lmao:

AngelsDontKill6
12th Sep 2009, 23:23
they should let us drive the bat mobile if theres a sequal