PDA

View Full Version : The Laughing Bat

Kevin =]
12th Sep 2009, 04:04
omg i saw this episode on boomerang, and i promise, if you love batman you will love this episode. post your thoughts =]

it was especially funny when the mayor was like "joker?" and joker was like "where?" lolol

btw adam west played the mayor =3

part1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwv36ytHHXw
part2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5xxpCTsuIM&NR=1

Batman The Trailer Hunter
12th Sep 2009, 05:15
Hahah i love this! I recorded all of The Batman episodes cept one when i ran out of tape! This is by far the Best episode, besides the 2 part ones in the 5th season!

SolidSnake_123
12th Sep 2009, 05:17
I didn't like "The Batman." I didn't like their take on batman and the joker.. well I will end my rant... now.

12th Sep 2009, 05:23
I didn't like "The Batman." I didn't like their take on batman and the joker.. well I will end my rant... now.
Yeah it was definately diffrent, all the character models where diffrent, but some of the episodes where great!

Old_BenKenobi
12th Sep 2009, 05:26
This was an interesting episode. I hate their Penguin, but I thought the Joker bits were top notch.

12th Sep 2009, 05:33
This was an interesting episode. I hate their Penguin, but I thought the Joker bits were top notch.

Gosh he was so annoying! Croc and Bane where underdone! MR Freeze was just brilliant, but i wish his story was true to the comics about his wife and not an obsession with diamonds. **** Grayson was a little better than the sterotype, although i would have prefered a Teen Titan's styled robin. Batgirl was simply on and off.

Kevin =]
12th Sep 2009, 05:34
"a man walked into a bar... and said... 'ow'."

lol the joker made it sound sooo funny

SolidSnake_123
12th Sep 2009, 05:34
Yeah it was definately diffrent, all the character models where diffrent, but some of the episodes where great!

Yeah there was a few episodes that were enjoyable, that sorta reminded me of earlier times.;)

The_Hylden
12th Sep 2009, 12:48
Have to say, this is the first time I've seen one of these episodes and I rather enjoyed it. That Joker was different, but damn menacing. The animation was the real amazing part, but perhaps a bit overdone. I mean, even the Penguin's a ninja here:p Overall, though, I likes it :D

12th Sep 2009, 15:04
Have to say, this is the first time I've seen one of these episodes and I rather enjoyed it. That Joker was different, but damn menacing. The animation was the real amazing part, but perhaps a bit overdone. I mean, even the Penguin's a ninja here:p Overall, though, I likes it :D

Start at the beginning, its gets better and better near the end of each season!

The_Hylden
13th Sep 2009, 03:41
Cool :) Will do.

butterskenny
6th Oct 2009, 22:56
The Batman, I hate.

JackWinz
7th Oct 2009, 00:40
I actually kinda liked this show, never as good as TAS ofcourse, but still, it aint bad.
I liked how they took some characters and amplified their atributes in such a perverse way, like JOker for example.
I actully liked the Penguin, maybe it was just because of Spongbob....

I actually took the time to watch Vs. Dracula the other night, I liked it, but it was weird how Dracula looked just like Ras' Al Ghoul..... :/

butterskenny
7th Oct 2009, 00:41
I wanted to watch VS. Dracula but got weirded out by character design and voice cast and stopped 1/10 of the way through.

JackWinz
7th Oct 2009, 00:57
For teh lulz, The luaghing Bat: Nolan Style.
http://i36.tinypic.com/2mgpg7t.png

butterskenny
7th Oct 2009, 00:58
Batman never laughs!

except in The Killing Joke

Drazar
7th Oct 2009, 07:13
Well i watched the episode the OP presented.

The idea of the episode is nice, but when Penquin showed up it shows what i had a problem with this show. Everyone being capable of kung-fu fightning. >_> I mean c'mon now. :P Otherwise it was a interesting episode with a good idea done right.

thebatman226
7th Oct 2009, 07:40
I love the jokers voice.

Was a fun episode.

Kevin =]
7th Oct 2009, 08:38
Well i watched the episode the OP presented.

The idea of the episode is nice, but when Penquin showed up it shows what i had a problem with this show. Everyone being capable of kung-fu fightning. >_> I mean c'mon now. :P Otherwise it was a interesting episode with a good idea done right.

i know right? i mean how does someone like penguin do a mid-air split kick?

The_Hylden
7th Oct 2009, 09:04
haha. Very carefully? :p

If you look at the bio in Batman: Arkham Asylum, it says Penguin is actually an expert in hand-to-hand combat. I never really think of the guy as a fighter, but there ya go.

However, yeah, that's a bit over-the-top, for sure. Some of the interpretations I like a lot and work, but some, like the new Frieze, well, it didn't quite do it for me. He's basically like super Frieze, with a bad habit of borrowing tired quips from Arnold...:p I LOVED the Catwoman intro episode. That was positively perrr-fect ;)

kazinya91
7th Oct 2009, 09:24
i cant watch it the animation is just stupid. batmans cowl is retarded and when the hell did the joker become a Jamaican rasta man WTF. horrible bastardization of batman. just horrible watched the first 5 minutes and i cant stomach it!

BloodLegacy
7th Oct 2009, 10:18
I must be one of the more forgiving members on this forum.

I liked this series because it was different from what came before, it DARED to be different, and a lot of it worked, and I found most of it entertaining. But you guys need to remember this show was for Kids; who may not necessarily be familiar with all the usual fluff.

Old_BenKenobi
7th Oct 2009, 11:07
Yeah, this series had balls. They knew they were gonna catch a load of **** from the existing Bat-fans. I think they made a wise decision in changing a lot of the characters, so instead of having two Mark Hamill Jokers we have two entirely different Jokers.

butterskenny
7th Oct 2009, 18:52
I love the jokers voice.

Was a fun episode.

I HATE the jokers voice in The Batman

Riddling Artist
7th Oct 2009, 19:24
i actually did like The Batman, i thought it was a great take on the characters. alot more of a hunted batman which i love. TAS was good but im gonna go as far to say that The Batman is up there with TAS. and so is teh brave and the bold. i liked this episode, but my favorite episode is the one where riddler, joker, and penguin are battling for gotham... i think thats when comm. gordan is introduced to the series too :D

Drazar
7th Oct 2009, 20:07
Yeah, this series had balls. They knew they were gonna catch a load of **** from the existing Bat-fans. I think they made a wise decision in changing a lot of the characters, so instead of having two Mark Hamill Jokers we have two entirely different Jokers.

I dunno did they dare to be different in a good way. Making Penquin into a kung fu man and whatnot was just flatout whined at for a reason. I kinda didn't like how the show's Mr. Freeze was also more like Mr. Zero but hey atleast his design was wicked!

One of the biggest problems with the show was how censored it seemed to be, so i can't really complain to the producers if they were forced to be really censored. :/

I HATE the jokers voice in The Batman

How come? I think it would be interesting to hear why exactly you didn't like the voice performance. =o I thought that was the only redeeming factor from this show's Joker personally. ^^

8th Oct 2009, 18:45
One of the biggest problems with the show was how censored it seemed to be, so i can't really complain to the producers if they were forced to be really censored. :/

I agreem guns wernt fired till the 2nd season, and they wernt even bullets.

LIGHTS
30th Dec 2009, 23:08
This episode was interesting. Though the rest are just as good.