PDA

View Full Version : Receiving Retail Version Early?

GuitarBat
11th Sep 2009, 16:01
Hi guys

I have preordered a retail copy of batman for PC from Play.com and in the past I have received my pre-ordered games a couple of days before the actual official release date (go Post Office!).

Will I be safe to play the game if it does arrive early or do I have to wait until the release (i.e. using windows live aswell)?

Unstoppable
11th Sep 2009, 17:50
I'm sure you will be able to play it just fine.

Cirap
11th Sep 2009, 18:19
I think it will work fine, although LIVE does have some protection system that can check the supposed release date. but I guess it should work Offline anyway?

Paulley
11th Sep 2009, 19:37
damn i ordered mine at GAME instead of Play cus i bought a xbox pc controller with it so i could use a £5 off voucher (incidentally the controller was faulty so i took it back and got a refund and lost my £5 off :( ) .. i hope they post it off early too

GuitarBat
11th Sep 2009, 19:48
That's what I thought, I have had Xbox games before release date before with no problems while connected to xbox live. I just wondered with all the hype around the game and all the idiots pirating the game pre-release that there might be some sort of extra level of fail safe installed by rocksteady/eidos.

Ace Antilles
11th Sep 2009, 23:07
I'm hoping mine arrives on Thursday so I can stay up late playing it! I booked Friday off work. Lol.

GFWL have got a system now so they can stop gamers playing before the release date if the devs want that. But it doesn't apply to BAA to my knowledge.
They said though that more games coming later this year may use that. :(

Ace Antilles
16th Sep 2009, 22:36
Game have dispatched my copy of the Collectors Edition!! Yay!

I'm hoping that after work 2moro I will be installing the game and be up and running! Worst scenario it will be Friday but let's hope not.

Otherwise I may be back here and joining the list of threads with bugs or install errors etc. But I'm being positive. Can't wait! :D

jaywalker2309
17th Sep 2009, 11:12
EU players shouldnt have any problem playing the game.