PDA

View Full Version : Another Ra's Al Ghul reference? *spoilers*

Sir Legendhead
11th Sep 2009, 03:28
Just noticed this last night and I haven't seen it posted before.

In the room where you save the lady doctor from Zsasz and she gets blown up by the safe, there's an inscription on the safe's door in the cinema when she opens it. It's difficult to read during the cutscene, but after you fight the thugs in the next scene, you can look on the opposite side of the wall and see an identical plaque with the same writing. It says this:

MY LOVE,

MAY THIS SECRET SEEM LIKE AN OASIS WITHIN A DESERT OF INSANITY.

- DADDY

Ok. So we've got references to an oasis and a desert...and Ra's just happens to come from the desert. The "My Love" is obviously addressed to the writer's daughter, (unless you think a father would call his son that)...and Ra's has a daughter named Talia.

So his body is in a secret morgue. A few rooms away, we have a message from him to his daughter about a secret.

And his daughter is usually the one who revives him in the Lazarus pit.

I like where this seems to be going.

Jason Todd
11th Sep 2009, 03:29
Some other site said thats from Amadeus Arkham to his Daughter, which is why i believe it's in the Warden's office

thebatman226
11th Sep 2009, 03:31
After you finish the game, go back to doctor youngs office and Ra's body is gone :O

Sir Legendhead
11th Sep 2009, 03:31
Some other site said thats from Amadeus Arkham to his Daughter, which is why i believe it's in the Warden's officeWhere does the story say that Amadeus has a daughter? I don't remember seeing that. I didn't think the warden had one either. The oasis / desert references wouldn't fit them anyway.

After you finish the game, go back to doctor youngs office and Ra's body is gone :OI've heard about that, but haven't seen it myself. Would be a good idea for a sequel or DLC.

Jason Todd
11th Sep 2009, 03:32
Arkham's wife and daughter were killed by Mad Dog, its a metaphor not literal

Sir Legendhead
11th Sep 2009, 03:36
Arkham's wife and daughter were killed by Mad Dog, its a metaphor not literalYeah, I remembered that right after I made that last post. That would make sense, but I still like how the reference could fit Ra's.

And even if it is Amadeus, then what's the secret? Maybe the Warden planned on leaving something there for his daughter? I could see that working in a number of ways.

Kaddis
11th Sep 2009, 06:22
It's in a safe, so he might've left something for her there that maybe Warden Sharp got his hands on. And Arkham is mighty old, why would Ra's leave something there for Talia unless he was planning on having her there as well? Makes much more sense for Amadeus to state that to his daughter and have it engraved on a safe.

Kai Rei
11th Sep 2009, 06:58
It must likely refers to Arkham and his family.

jimmor7
11th Sep 2009, 14:08
After you finish the game, go back to doctor youngs office and Ra's body is gone :O

actually, it wasn't for me. I never got the riddler trophy for him, and thought when I went back his body would be gone, but it was not. I got my trophy, left the room and came back in expecting the body to be gone, but it was still there. I'm sure most people got the trophy before beating the game and thus when they came back, the body is gone, but for those of us that missed it, like me, it is still there. Kind of sucks....

thrashergaucho
29th May 2010, 21:29
Yeah, I remembered that right after I made that last post. That would make sense, but I still like how the reference could fit Ra's.

And even if it is Amadeus, then what's the secret? Maybe the Warden planned on leaving something there for his daughter? I could see that working in a number of ways.

A possible answer to the reference...
There is a secret room in the warden's office (the humming sound you hear when walking around a certain part of the office is a giveaway to the computer in there). In the office, are plans for making a "better Gotham".

martian1127
29th May 2010, 21:41

In the room where you save the lady doctor from Zsasz and she gets blown up by the safe, there's an inscription on the safe's door in the cinema when she opens it. It's difficult to read during the cutscene, but after you fight the thugs in the next scene, you can look on the opposite side of the wall and see an identical plaque with the same writing. It says this:

Ok. So we've got references to an oasis and a desert...and Ra's just happens to come from the desert. The "My Love" is obviously addressed to the writer's daughter, (unless you think a father would call his son that)...and Ra's has a daughter named Talia.

So his body is in a secret morgue. A few rooms away, we have a message from him to his daughter about a secret.

I do agree. It would be kind of neat to tie that in with Raz al Gu. But how would Raz have put that there? The only thing that would make sense is that he snuck into Arkham long before he died and his body was stored in the morgue. But then why would Talia be going to Arkham?

Kermit101
29th May 2010, 22:38

I was just a metaphor he doesnt really mean a desert.

Darth
30th May 2010, 03:00
There's nothing literal about the desert and oasis. It's a simile, hence the "like", and probably refers to Amadeus Arkham and his daughter, Harriet. As to what the secret is... That's another story. Maybe there's somthing in the other safe (the one Doctor Young opened had a bomb and the wardens key code... things. It could refer to the fact that Amadeus was implied to have eaten his wife and daughter's corpses... Or it could be something about his guilt for murdering Martin Hawkins. That's all I can think of.

krlgerman
2nd Jun 2010, 08:03
You know, I think it could be about Amadeus and not Sharpe, after all, Amadeus was the first warden, and his wife and daughter were killed by Mad Dog. Then....there's the hidden room in the warden's office that had plans for a "safer Gotham" which was obviously blocked off by the new warden Sharpe. Doesn't quite explain the statues of Sharpe in the same room but hey why not? The plaque could have been some sort of oath to his dead wife or daughter.