PDA

View Full Version : Fun Easter Eggs (spoilers? kind of)

cronball
9th Sep 2009, 21:52
This may have been mentioned in a thread or perhaps the FAQ, but here are some cool easter eggs from the game:

# Frank Boles information

There is an advertisement in the Medical Facility for the hospital's website (www.ArkhamCare.com). You can visit this URL in a web browser and use the employee login section. Enter "125845712" as the guard login number. You will login as Frank Boles and can read information about him.

# Ras Al Ghul's resurrection

You can find Ras' corpse in Dr. Young's office. If you re-visit the office later in the game, Ras Al Ghul's body bag has been unzipped and his body is missing, showing that he once again resurrected and escaped.

# Arkhamcare website
I think this is in medical center or intensive treatment where you will hear a recording that talks about how to treat patients. It tells you that you can find pricing information at http://www.arkhamcare.com/prices/, which is a real website.

# Batman RIP reference

During the final confrontation with Scarecrow, it shows Batman's gravestone, which is the same design as the current comic book series Batman RIP.

# Knightfall reference

If you lose to Bane, it shows a cutscene of him snapping Batman's back over his knee. This is reference to Knightfall: Book 1, where Bane breaks Batman's spine.

# Scarecrow actor references

Listen to the first Scarecrow interview. You will hear him mention a Dr. Murphy, and a Dr. Combs will be mentioned by a security guard. Cillian Murphy played Scarecrow in the newer movies and Jeffrey Combs voiced Scarecrow on the later episodes of Batman: The Animated Series.

Anyone find any others?

sparkman2
9th Sep 2009, 21:59
cool easter eggs

iamtombombadil
9th Sep 2009, 22:09
"Your mom goes to college."

Still looking for the Napoleon Dynamite Easter egg.

Hall E Woode
9th Sep 2009, 22:11
If you lose to Bane, it shows a cutscene of him snapping Batman's back over his knee. This is reference to Knightfall: Book 1, where Bane breaks Batman's spine.

I still, on the third playthrough, forgot to let Bane beat me. Does anyone have a Youtube vid of this, so I can see it? :(

iamtombombadil
9th Sep 2009, 22:12
I still, on the third playthrough, forgot to let Bane beat me. Does anyone have a Youtube vid of this, so I can see it? :(

Break a pencil in half. Observe your fingers and the pencil closely. You'll get the idea of what it looked like.

Hall E Woode
9th Sep 2009, 22:15
Break a pencil in half. Observe your fingers and the pencil closely. You'll get the idea of what it looked like.

:rolleyes:

Thanks...

Legion666
9th Sep 2009, 22:17
There's an article about this, here's the link:
http://www.gamesradar.com/f/the-28-hidden-characters-in-batman-arkham-asylum/a-20090902115717671032/p-1

cronball
9th Sep 2009, 22:21
Great link Legion thanks!

Man I didnt get the mad dog reference he was a sick bastard. Thats gonna creep me out next play through

NoMoarDedCawpz
9th Sep 2009, 22:49
Would you be surprised if we told you that a low-rent villain called Killer Moth carried a cocoon gun? Of course not. Based on the morbid scene above, however, Arkham Asylum might be going for a darker take on the character. The cocoon gun is supposed to trap victims only – there shouldn’t be a skeleton unless he left his prey to starve up there.

So he’s either seriously sadistic… or he’s Charaxes, a monster that Killer Moth transformed into upon selling his soul to a demon. Yes, this actually happened in a 1995-1996 miniseries. Charaxes secretes an acid that can dissolve human flesh.

Awesome, lets hope this guy appears in the sequel...

Bruce-Wayne
9th Sep 2009, 22:59
Would you be surprised if we told you that a low-rent villain called Killer Moth carried a cocoon gun? Of course not. Based on the morbid scene above, however, Arkham Asylum might be going for a darker take on the character. The cocoon gun is supposed to trap victims only – there shouldn’t be a skeleton unless he left his prey to starve up there.

So he’s either seriously sadistic… or he’s Charaxes, a monster that Killer Moth transformed into upon selling his soul to a demon. Yes, this actually happened in a 1995-1996 miniseries. Charaxes secretes an acid that can dissolve human flesh.

Awesome, lets hope this guy appears in the sequel...

hahalol the crazed killer moth fan asks for him in the sequel obvious but killer moth is cool beans

wwmanman
9th Sep 2009, 23:50
In the medical unit there is a message bar around one of the offices paging doctor clooney to gynecology.

cronball
10th Sep 2009, 00:55
For Hal E Woode:

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2009/08/Batman%20Arkham%20Asylum/Bane--article_image.jpg

Ark Em
10th Sep 2009, 01:16
After Joker takes over the PA system, he announces, "Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard."

The famous catchphrase is taken from the third Three Stooges short, Men in Black.

iamtombombadil
10th Sep 2009, 01:21
After Joker takes over the PA system, he announces, "Paging Dr. Howard, Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard."

The famous catchphrase is taken from the third Three Stooges short, Men in Black.

Hmmmmmmm?:scratch::scratch: Makes sense with Joker being a joker.

Hall E Woode
10th Sep 2009, 01:31
For Hal E Woode:

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Features/2009/08/Batman%20Arkham%20Asylum/Bane--article_image.jpg

Thanks cronball!

Dang, it's official -- Bane is too big in this game. Batman's the size of a teddy bear in his arms.

Compare with this:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/18921/857189-bane_breaks_batman__super.png

iamtombombadil
10th Sep 2009, 01:42
That's why I made the reference to the hand and pencil routine. Just be sure to paint the pencil like batman and you too can be bane.

Hall E Woode
10th Sep 2009, 02:10
That's why I made the reference to the hand and pencil routine. Just be sure to paint the pencil like batman and you too can be bane.

Sorry for the :rolleyes: earlier. I thought you were just being smart with me. :)

Pogo
10th Sep 2009, 04:38
In an office you can see a poster advertising the Iceberg Lounge. It even has some art of Cobblepot on it.

Velderik
10th Sep 2009, 18:13
Damn, you just have to love these facts

Bizarro Fun Fact: Alfred, loyal butler to the Wayne dynasty, was once a servant of the Cobblepots, Penguin’s family.

Bizarro Fun Fact: Firefly was once the sidekick of Killer Moth. The crime-starting duo was inspired by the crime-stopping duo of Batman and Robin

Bizarro Fun Fact: For awhile, the mantle of Prometheus was held by the son of a cop, who murdered his parents because they wouldn’t let him play videogames.

+ Lol :P

The connection: The Ratcatcher is like Aquaman, only much, much lamer. Instead of communicating with fish, he talks to rats. Instead of commanding a legion of sharks or sea turtles, he leads an army of furry, diseased vermin. This guy definitely got the short end of the superpower stick.

The connection: “All the king’s horses, and all the king’s men, couldn’t put Humpty together again.” This centuries-old nursery rhyme clearly inspired the creators of Humphry Dumpler, a recently introduced Batman character. He’s not only shaped like a fat, bald egg – he also loves breaking things so that he can then try fixing them.

He usually fails. And when Humphry “broke” his grandmother so that he could sew her body’s pieces back together with shoelaces, he ended up in Arkham. If these broken toy soldiers are indeed his handiwork, his repair skills haven’t improved a terrible amount.