PDA

View Full Version : A night of insanity. October 31st.

iamtombombadil
9th Sep 2009, 21:46
Ok, here is what you will need.

Plan ahead folks.

1 Batman Arkham Asylum game (the console of your choice including PC version)
2.session 9 movie (one of the better flicks having to do with mental hospitals)
3. Shadows in the Asylum book (fiction, but written like a factual case study of some inmates seeing shadow creatures)
4. Dark room with TV
5. Now mix all these together in the order of your choice and you shall have yourself one heck of a party. If you are above the legal drinking age, I recommend a good IPA, perhaps Stone IPA as it has a nice portrait of a gargoyle on the bottle to wash some candied bats down your throat. Have yourself a very looney halloween party.

iamtombombadil
10th Sep 2009, 01:23
If anyone has anything to add which would make this party even better, feel free to pitch in. If not, I will cancel the party and go hunt some orks instead.

JD_Method
10th Sep 2009, 01:48
Biscuits always make a party better.

Party rings would be a good choice. :thumb:

http://www.dancebiscuit.com/images/party%20rings261x198.jpg

In other biscuit related news, the custard cream has recently been named Britain's deadliest biscuit, with the cookie and chocolate biscuit bar coming in second and third respectively.

Scientist 1: "Shall we have a go at curing cancer?"

Scientist 2: "**** off! I'm gonna find out what's the most lethal biscuit in Britain!"

iamtombombadil
10th Sep 2009, 01:59
you bring the biscuits I'll bring the ale and would someone please bring the Yorkshire tea?

JD_Method
10th Sep 2009, 02:00
you bring the biscuits I'll bring the ale and would someone please bring the Yorkshire tea?

Better bring Jaffa Cakes then. They were named safest.

iamtombombadil
10th Sep 2009, 02:04
right. I'll put that on the list. Maybe Keir could bring the shortbread.

JD_Method
10th Sep 2009, 02:11
right. I'll put that on the list. Maybe Keir could bring the shortbread.

Keir could bring the tea. He always has a tea when looking through the competiton results.

Jord
10th Sep 2009, 03:35
Better bring Jaffa Cakes then. They were named safest.

Gawd almighty - Jaffa cakes!!! If I ever had an arch nemesis, it would be a box of jaffa cakes. I get massacred each time.

*belch*

JD_Method
10th Sep 2009, 12:12
Gawd almighty - Jaffa cakes!!! If I ever had an arch nemesis, it would be a box of jaffa cakes. I get massacred each time.

*belch*

Chocolate fingers then?

Turn and Face the Strange
10th Sep 2009, 15:32
Scientist 1: "Shall we have a go at curing cancer?"

Scientist 2: "**** off! I'm gonna find out what's the most lethal biscuit in Britain!"

Alternate reply:

Scientist 2: Nah, I'm gonna find out how many fruit pastelles it takes to choke a kestrel...

10th Sep 2009, 15:55
Keir could bring the tea. He always has a tea when looking through the competiton results.

For some reason, that post always reminds me of that Doctor Who episode...

"Anything I can do? I could make the tea, or isn't that American enough? I dunno, I could make grits. What are grits, anyway?"

iamtombombadil
10th Sep 2009, 16:06
Grits? Some corn based cereal. Not my "cup of tea" to borrow the phrase. What do you get when you put Mr. Freeze and corn flakes in the same room together?

frosted flakes

If you want to bring these instead of grits, that is GRRRRRReat!

JD_Method
10th Sep 2009, 16:13
Alternate reply:

Scientist 2: Nah, I'm gonna find out how many fruit pastelles it takes to choke a kestrel...

Lol. Erm... I don't know what you're talking about. I've never heard that in my life. :whistle:

zx16
10th Sep 2009, 16:46
grits? Some corn based cereal. Not my "cup of tea" to borrow the phrase. What do you get when you put mr. Freeze and corn flakes in the same room together?

frosted flakes

if you want to bring these instead of grits, that is grrrrrreat!

ha!

10th Sep 2009, 16:49
Lol. Erm... I don't know what you're talking about. I've never heard that in my life. :whistle:

Uh-uh. Sure. Yeah. Never. Gotcha. :cool:

iamtombombadil
10th Sep 2009, 16:50
Turn, you could take a generator, your console and B:AA up atop Ben Nevis and be the first to play through this game in it's entirety atop Great Britain's highest mountain. (In a nice tent of course) You could make your way up via the CMD arete route to make it an even more rewarding accomplishment. Perhaps Rocksteady could do some publicity to kick off the night.

JD could join you or at least cheer you on from down in a Fort William pub.

JD_Method
10th Sep 2009, 19:07
JD could join you or at least cheer you on from down in a Fort William pub.

I could sit in the pub but they wouldn't serve me. I'm only 16.

And it's just not right to cheer when sober. Not right at all. :lol:

10th Sep 2009, 19:17
I could sit in the pub but they wouldn't serve me. I'm only 16.

And it's just not right to cheer when sober. Not right at all. :lol:

We (Scots) do it all the time (cheering when sober), (and using brackets when they are not necessary). It's a hobbit we find hard to break. For example:

At comedy clubs / comedian performances.

As soon as the performer says "Are there any Scots in?", one little group of about three guys automatically go "WHOEEEEY!". Then they realise they're the only Scottish blokes in a room full of English ;)

"WHOEEE--oh ****, we're surrounded!"

Jord
11th Sep 2009, 05:34
Chocolate fingers then?

Choco fingers, a few tubes of Smarties, not to mention those brilliant Aero bars and the number of a good cardiologist. That's all a girl could ask for.

(Weeeeeell...I've also been itching to play some old school games, the likes of Wolfenstein 3D comes to mind.)

:D

rebelphoenix
11th Sep 2009, 05:37
Jacob's Ladder.

Jord
11th Sep 2009, 05:48
Jacob's Ladder.

Was that the movie with Tim Robbins and Macaulay Culkin?

DrCLos
11th Sep 2009, 10:28
If anyone has anything to add which would make this party even better, feel free to pitch in. If not, I will cancel the party and go hunt some orks instead.

I have a suggestion. Ditch all the stuff you mentioned and replace it with the following...
1. alcohol
2. music
3. scantily clad women

Now that's how I like to spend Halloween. :D