PDA

View Full Version : Batman: AA PC help

Man-Bat.
9th Sep 2009, 20:34
So I`m planning on buying a new computer and because of that i want a pc good enough to run batman AA very high and whatever, but does anyone know the specs for the highest resoloution and physx and what not. I`m a bit of a noob when it comes to computers and this is the first time im buying one on my own. So what kind of computer should i get Dell, HP, Acer, or Packard Bell and so on? any suggestions?

GraphixDee
9th Sep 2009, 20:36
Build your own PC. Have any friends that can help you?

Man-Bat.
9th Sep 2009, 20:39
Build your own PC. Have any friends that can help you?

I have one friend who recently bought a new Dell gaming PC but i dont think he knows how to build a PC.

Kettels
9th Sep 2009, 20:43
pick the parts and a store will normally put it together for you if you want. Much cheaper and better. Go speak to your local computer store (not a store that sells everything) and they'll normally help you out.

Nemesis296
9th Sep 2009, 20:49
If you know very little about computers I would suggest a Dell. I've never had any problems with their desktops (knock on wood) and their customer service is superb. As far as the specs go, you are definitely going to want the following, and I'm not sure if Dell would sell this standard or not, so it could cost you a good chunk of money.

At least a nVidia 9800GT graphics card. I went with the nVidia 260 GTX and I can run it with max PhysX and max AA will make the demo lag just slightly.

For CPU, you're going to need at least a 3.0 GHz Single Core processor. If it's a Duo core which most new computers these days are, you'll need half of that for the processor. My computer has 1.8 GHz Duo.

For RAM, well you're likely to get Vista as your operating system, though you can opt for XP I believe, but either way, XP you will need a minimum of 2 GB RAM and with Vista you will need 3GB of RAM. Any less and you'll run the risk of slowing the game down.

Keep in mind too that if you get a nice video card, you'll need a power supply that can handle the power of the card. That was my problem with the new card I bought, and I had to install the power supply myself, which doing that with all of Dell's "modifications" to how they didn't want me messing with the computer, made it quite the arduous task.

You'll want a monitor that can support at least 1650x1080 resolution too. And not to mention you'll need a harddrive that has around 500GB so you can hold every game known to man on it. DVD drive is kinda a given, but you'd be surprised at the number of people that forget to put it in.

Oh by the way, make sure you get a desktop and not a laptop...desktops are customizable later on down the road, so you can upgrade to the latest and greatest tech without getting a new computer.

Good luck with your computer hunt! :) Feel free to ask any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer if I can.

GraphixDee
9th Sep 2009, 20:53
What's your budget?

tenth8sphere
9th Sep 2009, 22:15
Friends don't tell friends to buy Dell.

lostsomething
10th Sep 2009, 00:34
ecollegepc.com's a pretty good custom build manufacturer, mark up's pretty low versus what you'd pay doing it yourself too.

If you're going to do it yourself I'd suggest an i5 cpu - the Core 2 line's been discontinued and you can get a motherboard/cpu combo for about $300 on newegg.

Video card should be either a GTX 260 or 275. You can still get Batman as a promotional game with either card so it's a nice way to save a bit there too.

GraphixDee
10th Sep 2009, 19:41
Still searching for your comp? Man Bat?

GuitarBat
13th Sep 2009, 13:35
Why don't you pay a visit to www.buildyourown.org.uk and click on forums. The community is so helpful and there are some example specs in the proposed specs section. Alternatively how about taking a look at the pre-built pc's at www.overclockers.co.uk or www.ebuyer.com.