PDA

View Full Version : Grapple not working = you're a pirate

Rockatansky
9th Sep 2009, 13:41
If you have problems with using the grapple on the pc version, then pre-order the legal version and wait like the rest of us.

If you post on here about grapple problems, you'll be laughed at and banned.

chip5541
9th Sep 2009, 15:53
Arrrr.... that be true...

http://wickedstageact2.typepad.com/life_on_the_wicked_stage_/WindowsLiveWriter/AaarghHappyTalkLikeAPirateDay_759B/pirate%5B3%5D_1.jpg

Nemesis296
9th Sep 2009, 16:11
:lol: @ chip

master_cheat001
10th Sep 2009, 10:30
No producer can win Hackers. Never!!! And to prove it. A solution for this with the save game of those who had passed the F***king Poisoning Gas has been released. I can't say it in honor but I had deleted the pirated Version of mine and wati for the legal game. Sheessh!

jaywalker2309
10th Sep 2009, 10:35
No producer can win Hackers. Never!!! And to prove it. A solution for this with the save game of those who had passed the F***king Poisoning Gas has been released. I can't say it in honor but I had deleted the pirated Version of mine and wati for the legal game. Sheessh!

Thing is, if people are having to go out and find save games and do crazy things to get past certain points in the game, at what point is the pirating actually making the playing any fun.. Surely the whole point of being a pirating scumbag is to `play` the game for free, not to spend ages waiting for someone else to get past a point and then supply you with a fix.Sounds more like hardwork then gaming :)

slyboots
10th Sep 2009, 10:41
Clearly this is an issue with the game!

I've seen plenty of movies and Pirates are always highly skilled at using grappling hooks to board other ships!

But then again they also have an eye-patch and a parrot so perhaps batman's 20/20 vision is putting him off..

master_cheat001
10th Sep 2009, 10:54
It is clearly the Hackers always have upper hand to the Producers. Ex for the Assassin 's Creed (maybe it isn't right to say it here) 's case - Jerusalem 's Crash. And Rocksteady did the trick, not Eidos.

Apolladan
10th Sep 2009, 12:37
Thing is, if people are having to go out and find save games and do crazy things to get past certain points in the game, at what point is the pirating actually making the playing any fun.. Surely the whole point of being a pirating scumbag is to `play` the game for free, not to spend ages waiting for someone else to get past a point and then supply you with a fix.Sounds more like hardwork then gaming :)

Surely the whole point of anti-piracy measures are to keep people from playing the game for free.

Doesn't really work out either way.

Botiquita
10th Sep 2009, 17:16
To all the pirates:

You should be in jail for robbing several years of hard and very talented work. It is not funny to find a way around the copy protection, just to demonstrate that you are ahead of the developers. Don´t you think it is a lot simpler just to buy the game and enjoy it?

The companies have all the reason in the world for moving to the console market.

Just start paying for your toys, didn´t your parents teach you to do so?

Just imagine you were the developing team and some nasty little bright boy with his friends, steal your work. By any means, this is incorrect, entertainment is not free !!

If you do not have $49.95, find a job as soon as possible.

tenth8sphere
10th Sep 2009, 17:23
To all the pirates:

You should be in jail for robbing several years of hard and very talented work. It is not funny to find a way around the copy protection, just to demonstrate that you are ahead of the developers. Don´t you think it is a lot simpler just to buy the game and enjoy it?

The companies have all the reason in the world for moving to the console market.

Just start paying for your toys, didn´t your parents teach you to do so?

Just imagine you were the developing team and some nasty little bright boy with his friends, steal your work. By any means, this is incorrect, entertainment is not free !!

If you do not have $49.95, find a job as soon as possible.

Jail? Really? If someone walked into a store and stole a $50 electric razor would an appropriate punishment be jail? Copyright law does have criminal provisions but I think the civil remedies are more than appropriate.

Developers shouldn't have to deal with piracy. It's disheartening because PC gaming is the superior platform in most circumstances. Especially in terms of adding content, customizing, and modding (look at the modding costumes thread here, for instance). PC games usually have fantastic modding communities. Oblivion/Morrowind are examples of games that blow their console counterparts out of the water.

I'm a big fan of companies like Stardock who do not harm legitimate buyers of products to fight pirates. Instead they require a legitimate copy to get patches. I'm not a huge fan of Valve with online verification, but its much better than dealing with having to keep my disc in or deal with pumped up SecureROM.

You also sound neither old enough to have a continuous job nor to appreciate what its like for many people to be looking for work right now. It's got nothing to do with piracy in any form - but I'm guessing you're still at the age where your parents buy your games. Keep perspective.

Nemesis296
10th Sep 2009, 17:31
How would you say that he needs to keep perspective if he can't understand how people don't have $49.95? It obviously sounds like he is buying his own games ;)

Pbrad08
10th Sep 2009, 17:44
Jail? Really? If someone walked into a store and stole a $50 electric razor would an appropriate punishment be jail?.

Yes. This country is full of sissy agencies that are afraid to punish people who steal. In my book, if you stole a $50 razer you should be thrown in jail for a year on each dollar you stole and have a hand lopped off.

tenth8sphere
10th Sep 2009, 17:49
Yes. This country is full of sissy agencies that are afraid to punish people who steal. In my book, if you stole a $50 razer you should be thrown in jail for a year on each dollar you stole and have a hand lopped off.

All right. Assuming this is your actual viewpoint and not just hyperbole, I'm not sure you've thought your position through very well. What's the point of prison from your perspective? The United States already incarcerates more people than any other similar nation. What's more, time in prisons tends to *create* repeat offenders and move people on to more significant crimes.

So, as a preliminary issue, our country is not full of "sissy agencies". We are, in fact, a little over-ethusiastic in punishing people that violate laws. You have not, I think, thought out how much we spend on prisons, or how full those prisons are. We have let out serious offenders due to lack of space, and will have to do so more often in the future. So you're obviously in favor of either spending even more on prisons, or on letting out serious offenders to punish the guy that stole the $50 razor.

You find this course of action in its entirety, including his release with increased odds of elevated crime and repeat offenses, to be a more admirable system than one with civil damages that punish him and discourage future acts. You find a system based on "punishment" to be more advantageous than one based on rehabilitation. You maintain this view in opposition to the overwhelming evidence of the superiority of contrary systems.

Or, you just haven't thought your view through. And you should do that more before speaking.

Ballbag
10th Sep 2009, 21:02
I think they have f**ked up (edios) with this one.
Game not out for over a week.
People playing it already!
I will wait and pay...........................................................Hope the protection don't make the game anymore inconvienant than the pre-release..

mikelocks
10th Sep 2009, 22:32
console market is not any better just need a mod chip and you got all the games PC its harder to pirate if you think console market is better think again i dont own any console but a friend of mine does and he has mod chip for the PS3 and the xbox360 so he gets every game for free so PC still the better plant forum to make games for IMO that is Think about that way

Catlettuce
10th Sep 2009, 23:29
I believe the XBox 360 version of AA was pirated on the 21st of august (4 days before release, if Wikipedia's correct)

In fact, console versions are significantly easier to pirate because the DRM to circumvent is pretty standard - no messing around with all these faux glitches that have plagued pirated versions of B:AA for the PC.

angleslam99
10th Sep 2009, 23:34
The thing about it is is that there are patches to fix this sort of thing. I already bought the game for the PS3 and in no way endorsing piracy, but there are ways around this "bug"

The Coca Cola Company
10th Sep 2009, 23:53
he has mod chip for the PS3

There are no modchips for the PS3. The PS3 can only run the original disc of the game.

jtr7
11th Sep 2009, 00:46
Sadly, I've read many posts over the years from proud pirates who found it more fun to pirate a game than to play the game. They really feel like they've beaten the "boss" and think "FREE" is the best aspect of their accomplishment.

mikelocks
11th Sep 2009, 02:51
COCA there is do a google before you tell me that im wrong i put the link up i get in S**T im going to prove apoint put the link up

go here
infectus.biz

The Coca Cola Company
11th Sep 2009, 04:57
No there isn't. Anyone who owns a PS3 will tell you that.

RYO_91
11th Sep 2009, 06:42
http://www.ratcreature.net/images/bat_chronicles11_3.jpg

SteMot
11th Sep 2009, 08:05
If you have problems with using the grapple on the pc version, then pre-order the legal version and wait like the rest of us.

If you post on here about grapple problems, you'll be laughed at and banned.

Pirates have actually solved this with a new crack. Game is working now.
Copy protections will always be beaten in the long run.
Rather than giving people who have actually already bought the game and are playing the leak until release a hard time, perhaps Eidos should find out how a practically finished Direct2Drive version found it's way onto the internet in the first place.

Ballbag
11th Sep 2009, 18:48
SteMot
I agree.
The game producers (not devlopers) live in a different world.

DarthGuybrush
12th Sep 2009, 00:35
It sucks that Rocksteady, a relatively young studio, with their first major game have to put up with this.

Yes it sucks us PC owners need to wait another week for our superior version (have a 360 and loved the demo but Steam was an easier way to purchase). Patience is a vitrue eh?

Good news is that legitimate copies now number more than 2 Million on PS3 and 360 so that is awesome.

lostsomething
12th Sep 2009, 01:47
Rather than giving people who have actually already bought the game and are playing the leak until release a hard time, perhaps Eidos should find out how a practically finished Direct2Drive version found it's way onto the internet in the first place.

It's not exactly a one or the other scenario.

LikaLaruku
12th Sep 2009, 05:56
There are dozens of people on YouTube who have posted "Grapple Bug" videos. This is the best goddam DRM ever!

SteMot
12th Sep 2009, 07:13
It's not exactly a one or the other scenario.

I never said it was. I was making a point of saying they should put as much energy into finding the leak culprit as they have making people who have actually forked out money for the game feel the scum of the earth for playing a game they now actually own.

jdonner
12th Sep 2009, 07:14
Lol, what a bunch of hypocrits on this forum. Raise your hand who doesn't have any illegal MP3 file on some computer or multi-media device. And if you think that that's a minor offense, then you haven't checked the news lately... And don't get me started over all of you breaking copyrights on web sites... hypocrits.

I buy all my games, but at least I don't go acting like a hypocrit on forums like this, because I have yet to find a person (and I exclude the babies, toddlers and old folkies) who has never intentionally broken a copyright.

procrastinator
12th Sep 2009, 12:44
Lol, what a bunch of hypocrits on this forum. Raise your hand who doesn't have any illegal MP3 file on some computer or multi-media device. And if you think that that's a minor offense, then you haven't checked the news lately... And don't get me started over all of you breaking copyrights on web sites... hypocrits.

I buy all my games, but at least I don't go acting like a hypocrit on forums like this, because I have yet to find a person (and I exclude the babies, toddlers and old folkies) who has never intentionally broken a copyright.

Its not just that they're pirating it... They're pirating it then coming on here to the official forums for the game, and whining that it aint working.

Thats just bloody cheeky.

Inzane
12th Sep 2009, 22:06

What would you expect from a bunch of stupid morons:nut:. I considered buying a ps3 so I could play. than I got my head back and made plans to pick it up bright and early on release day:thumb:.I still may pick up a ps3 around Christmas and a copy for that system. For the joker goodies. I like my game to run right out of the box:D. but these moron will be the first to complain:mad2:. I really don't get this generation of kids these days:scratch:. they have this stupid sence of entitlement. They just want everything handed to them. Screw them:rasp:. Good things come to those who wait.

GibsonSGBat
12th Sep 2009, 22:11
What would you expect from a bunch of stupid morons:nut:. I considered buying a ps3 so I could play. than I got my head back and made plans to pick it up bright and early on release day:thumb:.I still may pick up a ps3 around Christmas and a copy for that system. For the joker goodies. I like my game to run right out of the box:D. but these moron will be the first to complain:mad2:. I really don't get this generation of kids these days:scratch:. they have this stupid sence of entitlement. They just want everything handed to them. Screw them:rasp:. Good things come to those who wait.

http://www.eritreadaily.net/News2009/images/crazy-cat.gif

Inzane
12th Sep 2009, 22:27
oh and the title to this should have read "Grapple not working = you're a Retard (you low life pos)"

GibsonSGBat
12th Sep 2009, 22:30
oh and the title to this should have read "Grapple not working = you're a Retard (you low life pos)"

WEVE GOT A FLAMER!!! GET DOWN!!!

BTW, my grapple is working fine thanks.

And seriously man, stop going around the forums calling people "morons" and putting down "kids" and "this generation". Grow up dude. I also dont take kindly to being called a "low life P**** o* s***". Keep those insults on other forums please.

Ace Antilles
13th Sep 2009, 00:59
From Monday we won't know for sure who's a pirate or not as people will start getting the game delivered etc.

But so far the pirates are silly enough to tell us! LOL Arrrr

Pbrad08
13th Sep 2009, 01:05
I also dont take kindly to being called a "low life P**** o* s***". Keep those insults on other forums please.

If your taking insults seriously over the internet then you need to prioritize your life, my friend.

Inzane
13th Sep 2009, 05:30

WEVE GOT A FLAMER!!! GET DOWN!!!

BTW, my grapple is working fine thanks.

And seriously man, stop going around the forums calling people "morons" and putting down "kids" and "this generation". Grow up dude. I also dont take kindly to being called a "low life P**** o* s***". Keep those insults on other forums please.

:wave: ya your out to lunch, Just so I understand your pro Pirating? Because if you where not paying attention I was refering to the pirate kiddies posting over here bragging. and to post here bragging you stole makes you a moron. ??? What part about that don't you understand? do you find that amusing that Rocksteady is getting ripped off??? I would like to see a sequal for the PC at some point. Don't you?? And if something is going to ruin that, it kinda ticks me off. Because there has been less and less PC titles because of this. they are ruining PC gaming...Or is this just fine with you?? Explain yourself please

RYO_91
13th Sep 2009, 06:50
this has becomed a troll topic...

SolidSnake_123
13th Sep 2009, 06:59
A seriously stupid thread, all of a sudden....

GibsonSGBat
13th Sep 2009, 10:09
Right then, it seems i must explain myself!

:wave: ya your out to lunch, Just so I understand your pro Pirating? Because if you where not paying attention I was refering to the pirate kiddies posting over here bragging. and to post here bragging you stole makes you a moron. ??? What part about that don't you understand? do you find that amusing that Rocksteady is getting ripped off??? I would like to see a sequal for the PC at some point. Don't you?? And if something is going to ruin that, it kinda ticks me off. Because there has been less and less PC titles because of this. they are ruining PC gaming...Or is this just fine with you?? Explain yourself please

Did I ever at any point say I am for Pirating? Did ever say that i find it funny rocksteady are getting ripped off? You my friend are the moron for presuming that. I despise pirating, but unlike you I do not feel the need to insult "pirates". I am just telling you to tone down your insults as this is a respectful forum. Quit running your mouth dude. Theres no need to call people a "p**** o* s***" on these forums.

BTW the crazy cat gif is just a running joke I have on the forum, theres no need to call me a "moron" for posting it in that other thread. Im just hanging out here having a laugh and a joke and talking about this awesome game with likeminded people. I can see you are not one of them.

Inzane
13th Sep 2009, 12:43
I did not call you a moron in the other thread friend. I love you cat gif. I think it rocks. In no way was I refering to you. Sorry you thought it was about you. I was refering to pirates, all my rants where about pirates. I always thought you where pretty cool. I guess we had a little miscommunication. As for this being a respectful forum. Your right. than the Pirates showed up. I am very disappointed with the moral code of some people and their reasons and lame excuses for ripping off Rocksteady. I think we all can say this game rocks(seen the ps3 version). And we totaly want more from Rocksteady. Its is a threat to our community and the team we Love and support. I think we all can agree, we all would love to see a part 2, In a way I was showing my support and distain for what has happened. You may not agree with my methods for cutting them down. I think its well warrented. when you screw with some ones livelihood and kitchen table, you have become the lowest of the low and deserve no respect.

I hope you and I iron this out. And maybe have a laugh or 2, We don't have to agree on everything, Just have respect for each other. And thats where our community starts.

Lets get back on topic

Sinster
30th Sep 2009, 02:21
You can hug my root! I have a legit copy and I can't grapple out of Botanical Gardens. My GFWL id is JetFixxxer. Take your ignorant comments and suck on them for a while.

lawsie
30th Sep 2009, 07:33
there are many many people complaining of grapple bugs at certain points in the game, surely these guys are not all running pirated copies of the game? Again i stress there are a lot of people.

Inzane
30th Sep 2009, 10:00
there are many many people complaining of grapple bugs at certain points in the game, surely these guys are not all running pirated copies of the game? Again i stress there are a lot of people.
This topic was made before the offical game was released, and people were already posting, they had issues with their leaked versions.Sinster did not bother to read the contents and assumed. please let this sink to the bottom and disappear.

warreni
1st Oct 2009, 16:37
Clearly this is an issue with the game!

I've seen plenty of movies and Pirates are always highly skilled at using grappling hooks to board other ships!

But then again they also have an eye-patch and a parrot so perhaps batman's 20/20 vision is putting him off..

Whatever else may be said about this thread, THAT is hilarious. ;)

TheOracle
1st Oct 2009, 17:10
please let this sink to the bottom and disappear.

You mean like Davy Jones Locker?

Har har har