PDA

View Full Version : DLC coming on Sept 17th?

Ace Antilles
9th Sep 2009, 00:20
This has me a little concerned about if I have pre-ordered the correct item or not.
According to this post there will be some DLC released on Sept 17th.
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95348

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/9/2009/09/500x_custom_1252416526293_photo_01.jpg

This is the rumour of what it will be. I stress rumour!

September 17th: Insane Night DLC Pack - Crime Alley & Dem Bones (All Platforms)
September 24th: Prey in the Darkness DLC Pack - Unknown Contents (PS3 Only)

It was confirmed that PC DLC will be out at the same time as everything else here:
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=95347

Now I really really hope the new DLC coming on the 17th is NOT the Crime Alley and Dem Bones maps!

Not because I don't think they should be released at some point, they should, but because the game isn't even out in the UK until the 18th!!

That would mean there was zero point in me pre-ordering the CE or from Game to get Dem Bones. I could have just gone somewhere else cheaper and saved some cash.
Most people in Europe wouldn't have even played the map we specially went out of the way to pre-order before it's up for free!

Due to a glitch I have the CE version on order from Amazon for £20 cheaper than the RRP. But as I am doubtful of getting it on time and I am a Bat Fan I also went and pre-ordered it from Game for the Dem Bones map for full price.
As a lot of people are not happy with the CE I wonder am I making a mistake in pre-ordering an item that would be totally free 1 day before I even buy the game!

It would be great if we could have someone just tell us that No these aren't the maps coming please? Thanks :confused:

Knastcore
9th Sep 2009, 01:20
I live in Germany and i Pre-ordert CE also just bec of the Spec Suit(you get after finishing the Game) and the 2 Maps so the only special will be the Baterang and the Book bec all other stuff i get in there will be coming sooner or lAter for everybody 4 free...right?!?

Kettels
9th Sep 2009, 01:57
yeah im pretty concerned about this. If eidos stay silent on what it is over the next two days i'll probably cancel my CE pre-order and just go for the normal one. I don't want to have spent all the extra money for a just crappy batarang and book thing. It does say new dlc but you never know.

Eidos Support
9th Sep 2009, 08:53
I don't have any details on what this DLC will be yet but look at the facts:

The ticker-tape says there will be NEW content, not an unlocking of old.
The screenshot posted was from the PS3 version of the game (if recall correctly) which concludes again that this is something new and unseen before as the information in your rumour only mentions the currently existing DLC.

So I'd say it's safe to assume that the rumours you found are exactly that, rumours! :D

I'll see if we are able to get prior information on the DLC although it's likely to kept a secret of exactly what it will be until it's release. ;)

Keir
9th Sep 2009, 14:11
There's no official info on DLC other than there is some coming. As soon as there's an announcement date (which will be soon) I'll let you guys know.

Thanks for your patience everyone :thumbsup:

Ace Antilles
9th Sep 2009, 21:27
Thanks for taking the time to respond Keir and Eidos.
That's the good thing about this Forum you can get some form of official reply somewhere. Unlike other Forums I have been on when you can't get a single company guy on.

Keir sent me a PM saying that they should tell us more next week. So this has helped to ease my worries a little. At least for now. :)

Kettels
9th Sep 2009, 22:05
Keir sent me a PM saying that they should tell us more next week. So this has helped to ease my worries a little. At least for now. :)

what once the games already out :hmm: doesn't really ease my worries

Asurat
10th Sep 2009, 15:04
Nice news, DLC is always nice.

ThunderKnight
10th Sep 2009, 15:17
Edios i was wondering will you continue to support Batman by giving more DLC both free and premium?.

Thanks.

The Coca Cola Company
10th Sep 2009, 16:05
I think that more DLC is a given, but for free? I don't think so. We'll see.

Ace Antilles
10th Sep 2009, 16:54
This site is quoting that it will be totally new DLC

Hope you haven't gotten your fill of Batman: Arkham Asylum, because Eidos is planning not one -- but at least two DLC packs for release in the next two weeks. According to SCEE's Mike Kebby, next week's free DLC will be entitled "Insane Night." "Prey in the Darkness" will follow one week later, on September 24th.

It appears the upcoming expansions will be brand new, and won't be re-releases of pre-order exclusive DLC, such as "Dem Bones" and "Crime Alley." We don't know any other details on the two upcoming releases, but we do know this: we want them. Now.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/09/10/two-batman-arkham-asylum-dlc-packs-releasing-over-two-weeks/

I would really like to know on Monday at the latest I think. If it does turn out to be Dem Bones then Eidos have lost a sale of the PC CE from me. :hmm:

Pbrad08
11th Sep 2009, 02:26
September 17th: Insane Night DLC Pack - Crime Alley & Dem Bones (All Platforms)

Hooray! Gamestop just gave me a reason to never pre-order a game from them agian.

Kettels
11th Sep 2009, 03:59
Hooray! Gamestop just gave me a reason to never pre-order a game from them agian.

link?

capable heart
11th Sep 2009, 05:06
I can't remember where, but I read somewhere in the B:AA forums that the Dem Bones and Crime Alley maps would be available as DLC about a month after the game's release.

So I'm not disappointed or anything, I just always assumed they wouldn't be exclusive forever. You know, because it's just common sense and many many rumours were already saying they would be coming out in a few weeks anyway.

And shame, shame on you people for whining about how "wahh wahh I'm not special anymore" -- No DLC should ever be exclusive, exclusivity is an unfair rip-off and you know it. GTA4 on 360 anyone? Joker on PS3 anyone? Helloooooo...

Everyone deserves the chance to enjoy all of a game's content somehow (I mean like, actual levels, not a golden gun skin or some tripe like that).

Kettels
11th Sep 2009, 08:41
I can't remember where, but I read somewhere in the B:AA forums that the Dem Bones and Crime Alley maps would be available as DLC about a month after the game's release.

So I'm not disappointed or anything, I just always assumed they wouldn't be exclusive forever. You know, because it's just common sense and many many rumours were already saying they would be coming out in a few weeks anyway.

i saw it in the official faq page (30 day release thing). I assumed they wouldn't be exclusive forever i thought maybe 6 months but seriously 30 days. I doubt it will happen after 30 days though because i doubt a company could be that stupid, like yes this might sell well but if your gonna bend over your customers don't expect them to come back.

SteMot
11th Sep 2009, 08:59

And shame, shame on you people for whining about how "wahh wahh I'm not special anymore" -- No DLC should ever be exclusive, exclusivity is an unfair rip-off and you know it. GTA4 on 360 anyone? Joker on PS3 anyone? Helloooooo...

Maybe. Though to still have an exclusivity to European shops and collectors edition for the PC versions which won't be fulfilled until the 18th, releasing these maps as free DLC a day Before Europeans get their exclusive packs takes the piss a little don't you think?

Or is it just a case of them really not taking the PC users into account again? Of course, that's if the DLC is the exclusive maps, if not, disregard everything I said.

Ace Antilles
11th Sep 2009, 22:53
Capable Heart, it's not that we are whining etc or think it should be exclusive forever.
SteMot has it right. If they release the Dem Bones map to everyone before the 18th, then everyone in the UK, Europe etc who specially pre-ordered for that map is being ripped off!

You can't get a special map to play before everyone else from a certain shop if it's out to everyone the day before we can buy the game.

Paulley
12th Sep 2009, 15:35
yea i hope not or i at least i will think that if me pre-order bonus turns out to be that.

I ordered from GAME they say there is a pre order bonus but i cant find anything saying what it is. Im sure its was the Dem bones map but it might turn out to be the batsuit.. if so then i wont mind the DLC those maps :P oh well GAME likes to keep me guessing.

Ace Antilles
13th Sep 2009, 00:43
yea i hope not or i at least i will think that if me pre-order bonus turns out to be that.

I ordered from GAME they say there is a pre order bonus but i cant find anything saying what it is. Im sure its was the Dem bones map but it might turn out to be the batsuit.. if so then i wont mind the DLC those maps :P oh well GAME likes to keep me guessing.

The Pre-Order map from GAME is Dem Bones, the Scarecrow map. I've got a Collectors Edition on pre-order with them purely for the extra map.

Play.com had the Batsuit as an exclusive.

pleomax
14th Sep 2009, 20:54
Play.com had the Batsuit as an exclusive. I ordered from play, theirs some code included for a new batsuit but i don't care about that, i just want to play the game.

capable heart
14th Sep 2009, 21:06
Maybe. Though to still have an exclusivity to European shops and collectors edition for the PC versions which won't be fulfilled until the 18th, releasing these maps as free DLC a day Before Europeans get their exclusive packs takes the piss a little don't you think?

Or is it just a case of them really not taking the PC users into account again? Of course, that's if the DLC is the exclusive maps, if not, disregard everything I said.

Okay, in total theory let's just imagine... say what if the first Free DLC pack does have Dem Bones and Crime Alley. Wouldn't you just end up getting more stuff, for free, than you even though you were back when you pre-ordered? I don't see what's so upsetting about getting even more stuff for free as an instant surprise.

I will admit the timing does seem a bit odd for the PC version, but they probably based the DLC schedule more around the console versions (which have been out longer).

Capable Heart, it's not that we are whining etc or think it should be exclusive forever.
SteMot has it right. If they release the Dem Bones map to everyone before the 18th, then everyone in the UK, Europe etc who specially pre-ordered for that map is being ripped off!

You can't get a special map to play before everyone else from a certain shop if it's out to everyone the day before we can buy the game.

But it is not a rip-off unless you are paying more in total £ than the people who didn't pre-order for the map. It is fair because people get the same content by spending the same amount of money.

Now, if the game costs £30 and then the "pre-order" is £5 on top of that that does not carry over into the cost of the full game, then it would be okay to be upset.

I literally cannot imagine how it is a rip-off. A rip-off is when you get tricked into paying more than you should. But since pre-order fee carries over into the price of the game, there is no rip-off.