PDA

View Full Version : should i buy this game?

jrwhopper
8th Sep 2009, 20:59
i played the demo and liked it but since its just a single player game i was wondering if it had some replay value or should i just rent the game?or is it really that good and i should go ahead and buy it

Grawnog
8th Sep 2009, 21:02
Oooo gosh! Brace yourself dude :P
I say yes buy it!
But Im sure other people will explain more as to why :D

stubs182
8th Sep 2009, 21:02
I'd say rent it and if you really enjoy it and are interested in possible future dlc then go ahead and buy it

Jord
10th Sep 2009, 03:31
I'd say rent it and if you really enjoy it and are interested in possible future dlc then go ahead and buy it

I have to agree with the quote. I don't know what your tastes in games are, so the best option is to rent, and then decide. Or if you have friends that own the game - you could borrow it from them. What I will say is that it's definitely worth checking out.

Mayday six
10th Sep 2009, 03:41
You can play it over and over and still have, and i am person who never EVER replays storylines, but this game even after completion and challenge maps still leaves you wanting more. This probably is due to lack of challenge maps and a hugely lengthly story mode, and any kind of multiplayer mode that enhances and creates replayability. And i'm a huge comic fan, and i know i'll play a few challenge maps in a month or two like casually, so i'm happy with buying it. But it's the safest to rent it, cause some people won't want to play it again and after like i did. And so on in the future.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
10th Sep 2009, 03:52
I'd say take you time, and dont get all the achievements at once! It has some replay value but not if you finish everything quickly!

SolidSnake_123
10th Sep 2009, 05:40
Just buy the game. Plain and Simple.

CaptainMcMulla
10th Sep 2009, 06:40
should i buy the game? thats like asking if i should eat today or not.

of course buy it. The single player itslef does enough justice for the game.

XxScarecrowxX
10th Sep 2009, 06:48
i have a friend at school who keeps bugging me and asking if he can borrow it but i tell him no : )
so yea this game is a must buy

Nemesis296
10th Sep 2009, 14:47

Should I breathe too? I can't decide if it's healthy!

Brako
10th Sep 2009, 14:51
Yes it is a must game game.

Its good to have something come alothat isn't a sequal, and the bonus of this game is that it is actually very good.

You will most likely enjoy competing on the leaderboards in the combat and predator rooms also.

iamtombombadil
10th Sep 2009, 15:30
Unless you have a rental of a month or at least 2 weeks, I would say buy it. Taking your time and playing this game in small doses at a time will make this experience last longer. When I rent games I am sometimes pressured into finishing the game as quickly as I can. paying 2 rentals ends up being money I could have spent towards buying it. It all comes down to if you are batman fan or not. If you aren't really then I would say rent it, but try to get it for 2 to 3 weeks. If you have Gamefly, you are covered, if using Blockbuster locally you may want to get a free rental before renting it, then when you pay for the extra time you are only paying once. Know what I mean?

Zombie-Gamer
10th Sep 2009, 20:57
Oh hellz yeah, this game is awesome :D

Turn and Face the Strange
10th Sep 2009, 21:05
This game is to you like:

- Children are to Barney
- Cheese is to the Moon
- Idiocy is to George Bush
- Weird scary girls are to Sam Tyler

Buy. It. Not from Walmart, though - didn't you see that South Park episode?

Prince Daka
10th Sep 2009, 21:18
this game is a must-buy because you'll want to replay the story again to experience the scarecrow parts over & over again.

iamtombombadil
10th Sep 2009, 21:29
This game is to you like:

- Children are to Barney
- Cheese is to the Moon
- Idiocy is to George Bush
- Weird scary girls are to Sam Tyler

Buy. It. Not from Walmart, though - didn't you see that South Park episode?

Hey easy about the politics before I get all Gordon Brown on your butt:rasp:

(Snappy Name Here)
12th Sep 2009, 20:18
buy it,buy it now or ill get you...:hmm:

Ahasverus
12th Sep 2009, 20:22
Don't buy it, if you wanna lose the best gaming experience since Super Mario Bros.
Ok, since Ocarina of Time :)

Sivart
12th Sep 2009, 20:24
Depends on how much you replay games. If you're the type to put a game up after you get all the achievements, don't buy at full price, but rent.

Harvey_Twoface
12th Sep 2009, 20:34
Buy it!!

SirRoscoe
12th Sep 2009, 20:37
I'd say if you're skeptical, give it a rent. But in my humble opinion, it's worth the purchase. Get it any way you can (legally of course).

bat_brain
14th Sep 2009, 03:15
this is one of the best eidos games ever IMO. right up there w/ deus ex and hitman.

its kinda like a castlevania (map)/metal gear solid (characters & upgrades)/really good super hero throwback that has a little bit of everything. humor,puzzles,action,and is very deep in the story department,not to mention there's alot to do to get it to the full 100% completion.i cant say how good the replay value is since i have not "finished" the story mode. the challenge mode is certainly replayable,and there's new DLC coming out for it later this week that should be neat.

if you even remotely like the batman,you must own this game. if the price scares you,just wait for it to be used and grab it then. i can almost guarentee that if you rent it,you'll want to own it.

drugmanrx
15th Sep 2009, 03:34
I'd say NO

unless you like having to play it over and over to get to the same spot because of corrupted save files...and it won't let you pick levels so you have to start from the start each time!

just google "Batman AA corrupted save" and you will get the picture

but....other than that it would have been a good game

Joke's on you
15th Sep 2009, 03:36

of course buy it. The single player itslef does enough justice for the game.
The single player is the only type of gameplay. there is no multiplayer.

E.Nygma
15th Sep 2009, 11:59
If you ask "should I buy it even if I don't know just how good the full game is?", then I can understand and give you my suggestions. But if you ask "should I buy it even though it's only a single player game"..... sorry, does not compute.