PDA

View Full Version : How the game's ending could have been longer *spoilers*

Hall E Woode
8th Sep 2009, 15:49
So, I was thinking about the ending of the game last night, half asleep, so I kind of dreamt about it as well. :lol:

Anyway, it would have been awesome if after Batman pulls down the Joker that third time, Joker gets up, blah blah, and then a thug from the second floor snipes Batman with the last available shot of Titan. Then the true last battle ensues, as Batman has no more cure for Titan.

In essence, the game would have totally teased Batman transforming, taken it away from you, then tossed it back at you right when you thought the game was ending.

Then you have a huge, final battle with Joker, both in Titan form. The battle ends with both Joker and Batman falling into the water.

Cue then, the ending cinematic, Gordon saying much of what he says currently, about everyone returning to normal, etc. Only difference is, Batman and Joker are nowhere to be found.

Then we dissolve to the rocky shores of Gotham, and Batman is washed ashore, his costume completely ripped and ravaged (luckily, his cowl is still intact). He calls Oracle, tells her he's alive, and asks her to get Alfred to him quickly, as he can't stand. She asks where the Joker is, he tells her he doesn't know.

Credits.

Then, after the credits, just as before, the Titan floating in the water, except another random ending could be Joker grabbing it, as well.

What do you think?

EDIT - Oh, and I know some might think it screws up the whole, Batman being on the Island afterwards, but it doesn't, really. At the end of the game, Batman's headed for Gotham, and all the criminals are supposed to be put away, yet when you roam around Arkham, they're nowhere to be found. So it's not exactly congruent with the current ending, anyway.

Gee
8th Sep 2009, 15:51
That's actually kind of a nice idea.

Except I'd never see Batman surrendering to Titan, he's the goddamn Batman.

CaptainMcMulla
8th Sep 2009, 15:51
WOW. im actually amazed at that. But the thing is it doesnt look right if Batmans on Titan.

Maybe they could use that idea for a Alternate ending DLC.

Hall E Woode
8th Sep 2009, 15:53
That's actually kind of a nice idea.

Except I'd never see Batman surrendering to Titan, he's the goddamn Batman.

I was thinking about that too, but what if they shot him with three different darts?

Gee
8th Sep 2009, 15:56
I was thinking about that too, but what if they shot him with three different darts?

I think a better way to extend it, the way you did, is for Joker to turn back to Gordon and dart him too. So, Batman uses the antidote on Gordon and tries to resist the Titan for as long as possible. He is almost destroyed by Joker and is strapped to an electric chair, for the ''final punchline'', while being electrocuted, he begins transform and lunges into Joker. Both of their giant corpses fall down the cliff and into the water.

Oh and Ivy takes her clothes off.

Hall E Woode
8th Sep 2009, 15:57
Oh and Ivy takes her clothes off.

:lol:

You mean her little vest? Cuz that's pretty much it.

Gee
8th Sep 2009, 15:59
:lol:

You mean her little vest? Cuz that's pretty much it.

She wears the tightest/smallest knickers in the world too.

I want her bare naked.

Oh and Gordon in the same room, he deserves a reward for surviving the night.

Maybe Harley Quinn in there two.

Naked

Turn and Face the Strange
8th Sep 2009, 16:03
As for the no-enemies-after-game free-roam thing, you actually restart right before the final battle - just before you enter the Visitors Room. That's why there's no enemies or doctors.

Hall E Woode
8th Sep 2009, 16:08
As for the no-enemies-after-game free-roam thing, you actually restart right before the final battle - just before you enter the Visitors Room. That's why there's no enemies or doctors.

I wish the thugs were still there too, then. It would be nice to be able to pick a fight every now and then. :)

Turn and Face the Strange
8th Sep 2009, 16:10
I wish the thugs were still there too, then. It would be nice to be able to pick a fight every now and then. :)

Perhaps DLC that adds thugs at random spots after completion?

Nemesis296
8th Sep 2009, 16:24
She wears the tightest/smallest knickers in the world too.

I want her bare naked.

Oh and Gordon in the same room, he deserves a reward for surviving the night.

Maybe Harley Quinn in there two.

Naked

You do know you're talking about CGI right?...A little concerned as to why you're so worried about seeing *fake* nudity...

Gee
8th Sep 2009, 16:28
You do know you're talking about CGI right?...A little concerned as to why you're so worried about seeing *fake* nudity...

I'm a teenager, what do you expect?

Kai Rei
8th Sep 2009, 17:29

I'm a teenager too, but ya don't see my schlong fwapping all over the place.

stubs182
8th Sep 2009, 17:32
Interesting but I really dont want to see batman on titan

Old_BenKenobi
8th Sep 2009, 17:39
I don't want to see Batman on Titan, but I like the idea of Joker getting away.

Disco Phantasm
9th Sep 2009, 15:48
I'm a teenager too, but ya don't see my schlong fwapping all over the place.

ROTFL. Aww schlongs...

sparkman2
9th Sep 2009, 16:14
What wouldve been cool is instead of the the two titans and the millions of thugs at the end Joker shouldve shot gorden and batman wouldve had to fight titan Gordan but he would be so much stronger than your average titan. Then after you beat gorden, Joker says " I guess if you want anything done you have to do it yourself, this will be fun a little Mano a Mano eh bats." So Batman and Joker have a strait up fight with Joker also being able to counter,stunning you with Joker gas, and evading you. Also their will be a certain part just like the thugs with the stun batons; everytime he touches you, you get electrocuted so you'll have find a way to hit him without getting hurt. All the while Joker makes comments like like "your going to feel that in the morning" or " ow that hurt". After you beat him, Joker feeling defeated shoots himself than the actual boss fight in the game starts.:D

Nemesis296
9th Sep 2009, 16:47

No further explanation needed....:rasp:

Nightmare_Joke!
9th Sep 2009, 17:00
I would actually liked seeing a simple battle between the original Joker and Batman, maybe also the Titanfight that followed

I really like the idea that it would be Joker grabbing for that box of titan, because it would mean more Joker xD

the three different endings kind of confuse me as how they are going to integrate this into the "possible" Sequel

Nemesis296
9th Sep 2009, 17:11
I would actually liked seeing a simple battle between the original Joker and Batman, maybe also the Titanfight that followed

I really like the idea that it would be Joker grabbing for that box of titan, because it would mean more Joker xD

the three different endings kind of confuse me as how they are going to integrate this into the "possible" Sequel

What would this battle be like? I mean, not to sound like the ultimate downer in this thread, but I think part of the reason why the boss battles sucked so much is because the combat system in this game was designed for like 23.56 enemies at once, not 1 on 1 combat. So when it came to bosses they just faceplanted on the ground on the awesome scale because of this flaw. There wasn't/isn't really a way to improve this either, unless the combat controls were completely revamped for bosses, like Metal Gear Solid 4 did for the final boss...

Hall E Woode
9th Sep 2009, 17:55
I think, as someone else posted, if bosses were able to counter, it would make for more interesting combat with a 1 on 1 scenario.

Think about it. One strike and then counter, counter, counter, counter.

It would be pretty sick.

Old_BenKenobi
9th Sep 2009, 17:57
What would this battle be like? I mean, not to sound like the ultimate downer in this thread, but I think part of the reason why the boss battles sucked so much is because the combat system in this game was designed for like 23.56 enemies at once, not 1 on 1 combat. So when it came to bosses they just faceplanted on the ground on the awesome scale because of this flaw. There wasn't/isn't really a way to improve this either, unless the combat controls were completely revamped for bosses, like Metal Gear Solid 4 did for the final boss...

Well Batman would completely beat the **** out of Joker. He can take any non-powered human in a one-on-one fight.

I would've liked a one-on-one fight with normal Joker, and by fight I mean smash his ass through the pavement.

Nemesis296
9th Sep 2009, 18:45
I think, as someone else posted, if bosses were able to counter, it would make for more interesting combat with a 1 on 1 scenario.

Think about it. One strike and then counter, counter, counter, counter.

It would be pretty sick.

Are you kidding? If enemies in the game could counter Batman, people would be screaming WTF like it was the new president of the United States. Can you imagine playing a game where your attacks dont do any damage because the boss counters everything you do, lowering your health by countering at the same time. You'd throw something at your TV....I guarantee it.

Hall E Woode
9th Sep 2009, 20:24
Are you kidding? If enemies in the game could counter Batman, people would be screaming WTF like it was the new president of the United States. Can you imagine playing a game where your attacks dont do any damage because the boss counters everything you do, lowering your health by countering at the same time. You'd throw something at your TV....I guarantee it.

Well, I wouldn't. I'd think it would be quite cool. It would up the ante of the timing to the next level. And who's to say you can't counter their counter? ;)

jameswantsarkhamnow
9th Sep 2009, 20:24
Did anybody hear the police report on the police radios? it said "All Units Two Face has just robbed a bank" hopefully a DLC or Sequel teaser?

Lxndr77
9th Sep 2009, 21:30
My idea is more DLC centered. After you figure out the last riddle instead of the police catching him in some hideout in Gotham he's actually some where on the island or very close by ie the lighthouse ( you could use that boat thing in the batcave to get there or have a hidden underground access tunnel near the docks). He'd have some thugs maybe an important hostage or two but the experience would center around more detective work (multiple ways to solve puzzles), coupled with a good amount of invisible predator and combat.

another idea would be to track down ...........................

Warden Sharp aka The Spirit of Arkham. This would alternate between you hunting him and being stalked yourself by the Arkham Guards who don't know about the Warden's identity and are convinced you are trying to harm him. Should you fail he ends up fulfilling his goal of killing the Joker. I think it would be really cool to spend the bulk of the game fighting Joker and then have to save him later on.