PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Saving - Question and Issues

Pages : [1] 2 3

cgravil
14th Aug 2012, 18:27
Are the games ONLY saved in the cloud? Must I always be connected to play? I don't always have internet when I travel. I have still have my original CD's and have no problems playing that version if I have to.

member_10607454
14th Aug 2012, 18:41
I would like to know this, too. I dont have a stable internet connection and don't always have access to the cloud. Infact, right now, the launcher is telling me I don't have any connection at all.

Skittles
14th Aug 2012, 20:16
I think it can also save locally, because in game i have had it say, cannot reach cloud saving locally, or something like that, so i guess it can save locally.

Monument-261041
14th Aug 2012, 22:46
So with the cloud save system, if I want to play this on another PC do I have to purchase another copy of the game? Or is there a way that I can download the client and log back in w/ my account. I assume it would be possible to do this like for any Blizzard game or other MMO/PC games where you can just download the client and log in with your information. Does anyone have any knowledge on this?

MoonUNit
14th Aug 2012, 22:59
No, you only have to run the installer on the other PC and activate it by punching in the key.

tir43l
15th Aug 2012, 07:01
If you are using Windows 7/Vista, then the games saves are in the folder C:\Users\[Username]\Square Enix\Final Fantasy VII\[user_######].

tir43l
15th Aug 2012, 07:30
This also stops you from editting your saves, since everytime you hit "Play", the game re-syncs your saves from the cloud.

oIHLo
15th Aug 2012, 11:08
I am generally satisfied with the quality of the port.
The backgrounds are ugly, but as it support higher resolutions I'm satisfied with it.

By the way, there is a weird glitch with cloud saves. Every time when I finish saving and go back to main menu, it crashes. At first I assumed it to be Windows firewall's fault meddling with the program, but even after I registered both EXEs(ff7_launcher.exe, ff7_en.exe) it still happens. It must be a glitch associated with cloud saves, and it bugs a hell out of me. Please SE patch this weird bug.

Monument
15th Aug 2012, 11:48
Where can you download the installer without repurchasing the game?

Supercollider
15th Aug 2012, 17:49
So I've spent a day already trying to find the download link for the game so I could put it on my laptop at work. It only shows up once, when you first purchase, and there is no link to re-download even when you go to your account and look at the games you've bought etc. HORRIBLE SITE. Horrible service. It's been this way with everything "online" Square has ever done.

Now I finally got the game downloaded on my laptop, and I got to the first save point. I choose "save" and then it shows me save slots 1-10, all grayed out. When I choose one to save on it says "save data file not found". No kiddin? Is that maybe because I've never saved?

Can someone here please suggest something so I can play this crappy game with it's crappy midi music and all... before I fly to wherever Square-Enix is located and put a brick through their window? I bet a brick costs me less than $9.99... and it bet it "works as intended" from the start.

member_10527740
15th Aug 2012, 18:35
And I'm still searching the download link...

Supercollider
15th Aug 2012, 18:41
www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=Displa... (https://www.findmyorder.com/sstore?Action=DisplayHomePage&SiteID=findmyor&Locale=en_US)

Then put in your order # for the DL link

cgravil
15th Aug 2012, 19:15
c:\users\%username%\documents\Square Enix\Final Fantasy VII\user_xxxxxx

Found it! thanks for the point in the right direction!

gui7arfreak-276001
15th Aug 2012, 20:41
So I've spent a day already trying to find the download link for the game so I could put it on my laptop at work. It only shows up once, when you first purchase, and there is no link to re-download even when you go to your account and look at the games you've bought etc. HORRIBLE SITE. Horrible service. It's been this way with everything "online" Square has ever done.

Now I finally got the game downloaded on my laptop, and I got to the first save point. I choose "save" and then it shows me save slots 1-10, all grayed out. When I choose one to save on it says "save data file not found". No kiddin? Is that maybe because I've never saved?

Can someone here please suggest something so I can play this crappy game with it's crappy midi music and all... before I fly to wherever Square-Enix is located and put a brick through their window? I bet a brick costs me less than $9.99... and it bet it "works as intended" from the start.

I have the exact same problem, all grayed out. Crashes occasionaly. Can't really describe my frustration, wish I had read about Square Enix's customer service history. Hopefully this comes out for Steam, and I'll never have to buy anything online from Square Enix ever again.

BUYER BEWARE: Once you buy this game digitally, you have a 30 day window to download, after that you are pretty much **** out of luck.

olounda
16th Aug 2012, 09:20
I have the game installed at work, and on my home machine. I logged in at work and made some progress, and then it was time to go home. I played quite a bit more last night on my home computer. My cloud saves were available when I ran the game at home. This morning when I came into the office to play a bit more while its dead, i log in, and the cloud saves did not update on this machine. Is there a way I can force a cloud sync so I can continue where i left off?

olounda
16th Aug 2012, 09:40
also, when i log into the game, it shows there is a saved file in the slot from my home machine. When I try to launch that saved slot here at work, it says data is ruined.

XeruXQ-254140
16th Aug 2012, 09:49
Hey Nick , I got the same problem. I played 4 hours with , saved here and there and thought everything had gone well. But my save data weren't syncing with the ones from my profile at all.. I thought it'd fix it if I uninstall the game.. but that didn't help either. Now I gotta play the 4 hrs again... But I won't do unless it is fixed.

olounda
16th Aug 2012, 10:17
i've been looking everywerhere. Is there a way i can contact support for this?

t1gerdog
16th Aug 2012, 11:38
Exact same problem here....

Svartyr-254794
16th Aug 2012, 12:04
same here, game doesnst sync my progress from a savegame of my 2nd pc today.

member_10504132
16th Aug 2012, 12:21
When I got home my save file showed that the slot was corrupted. I started back to where I had left off the the night before. Came back to work now the old save is back and my new ones are gone.

TheRealJayHarvey
16th Aug 2012, 12:34
Same exact problem here. I'm really starting to regret this whole Re-Release. It's terrible, even the website has gfx glitches all over the place. The Clouds don't work, I had to update the music to decent audio myself, There's a black bar on the bottom of the screen for no reason. GOOOODDD LLLUUUCCCKKKK tryin' to log in to the DRM with Facebook, I would rather find Narnia.

imagenatas
16th Aug 2012, 13:00
Same issue here. I lost an hour of Gameplay.

solpariah
16th Aug 2012, 13:23
Last night, before going to bed nothing had been synced with a couple hours of playtime under my belt. This morning, with no new playtime, only my achievements synced but no save-files. I'm guessing their servers aren't decentralized or the load is overwhelmingly high. Either way, server communication is super slow if it takes all night for maybe 4 achievements to show up on my profile.

KingZopah-258756
16th Aug 2012, 16:30
I'd like to bump in here with what I've noticed - if you modify or otherwise adjust your saves via any method other than the character booster, you get all sorts of weird bugs.

I haven't been able to sync my files with the cloud for days, which corresponds to when I modified the saves. I take it it's because I have a different checksum or something since I've actually modified the save files.

What I think we need is a way to clear the cloud or at least force the cloud to accept the local files as more relevant and overwrite everything on the cloud, because as it stands I cannot use the cloud saves functionality, and support have said they're 'escalating' it but I am yet to hear back from them. I'd love to hear a solution if there is one..

tir43l
16th Aug 2012, 17:50
I'd like to bump in here with what I've noticed - if you modify or otherwise adjust your saves via any method other than the character booster, you get all sorts of weird bugs.

I haven't been able to sync my files with the cloud for days, which corresponds to when I modified the saves. I take it it's because I have a different checksum or something since I've actually modified the save files.

What I think we need is a way to clear the cloud or at least force the cloud to accept the local files as more relevant and overwrite everything on the cloud, because as it stands I cannot use the cloud saves functionality, and support have said they're 'escalating' it but I am yet to hear back from them. I'd love to hear a solution if there is one..

It wasn't really that because I have seen profiles that have synced with altered files.

KingZopah-258756
16th Aug 2012, 17:53
Oh interesting. I'd love to know why mine still refuse to sync then. My profile shows 3 saves, and currently I'm only using one slot.

UPDATE: Just saved my game so it is 3 saves in the first slot and unfortunately that didn't fix it, I thought lining the Cloud and the Local up might allow them to sync but no dice. Any suggestions?

Yukimori_Mikoto
16th Aug 2012, 18:03

It wasn't really that because I have seen profiles that have synced with altered files.

could be that people are using the save game editor for the 1990s pc release which changes the save file to some extent that.... like the checksum i guess... Then theres the people who uses things like Cheat Engine to hack the game which is less intrusive i guess.

KingZopah-258756
16th Aug 2012, 18:06

could be that people are using the save game editor for the 1990s pc release which changes the save file to some extent that.... like the checksum i guess... Then theres the people who uses things like Cheat Engine to hack the game which is less intrusive i guess.

When I used cheatengine, my game files still saved - in fact, the third save in my first slot has like 100,000,000 gil on it on my profile. I then used a german editor and since then it won't sync my saves, nor will it download my saves if I clear my directory - which is what's bothering me, if I could restore my cloud saves, I'd be willing to re-do my progress in exchange for having the syncing back.

tir43l
16th Aug 2012, 18:08
Something tells me that the DE editor changed your checksum to one for a PAL version of the game. I would try opening up my saves in something like Black Chocobo and see if you can get them to save with an NA checksum.

KingZopah-258756
16th Aug 2012, 18:13
Excellent point, although I did buy the game from the EU store, it's probably NA regardless. I'll play with blackchocobo and get back to you.

Just to confirm, I deleted my FF7 folder (backed up my current saves) and rebooted the game - it still won't sync the ones on my profile.

Update: Nada, set the region to NA and it's still not syncing. I think the fact it won't download the saves from the profile is the most telling part - why is that? If I have no saves in my directory, why won't it just serve me the ones from my profile?

texano03
16th Aug 2012, 19:17
When I go to the save spot question mark in the game and select save it won't let me complete the save? Does anyone have a fix?

AinSophAur94
16th Aug 2012, 20:56
Here I was just playing away, and lo and behold I come across a save point. I go up to it and attempt to save, but the game says I have no save file. Note that this was after the church scene. I keep on playing and come across another save point. Same thing. I had hoped maybe there was some sort of auto-save going on, so I just quit the game and restart. The only option was New Game. I exited the launcher and restarted. Now there was a Continue option, but my save data was from the Section 5 reactor.

Has this happened to anyone else? My internet connection never went out, so I''m certain that was not the problem.

MoonUNit
16th Aug 2012, 21:36
Just wanted to chime in that the same thing is happening to me on my desktop vs laptop.

The main saves are on my dekstop, but don't seem to transfer to the laptop.

lyk13
16th Aug 2012, 22:15
I think I have the same issue. Client at home sees the save file I made at work normally. But at work, it doesn't see the home saves and states it corrupted.

Latest save file I saved at home appears at work, but one slot above is corrupted. ~_~

KingZopah-258756
17th Aug 2012, 06:24
Hi,
I am currently unable to play FF7 because it attempts to erase my local saves every time I run the game, but it does not replace them with the Cloud saves. If I make any local progress and exit the game, it will not sync them to the cloud either. I'm not sure why, but there seems to be some serious bug there. I am basically unable to play the game because I can't pull my saves off the cloud (even if I delete my FF7 folder under My Documents > Square Enix). Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Willimar-274751
17th Aug 2012, 08:11
I have the same problem. Yesterday afternoon I played around an hour and saved the game. After that I had to go walk the dog. Last night I played quite a bit and saved the files. Today at girlfriends home I wanted to play on my laptop. I installed the game and wanted to load my savegames. Unfortunately I saw my savegame and loaded it, but it was the first savegame from yesterday afternoon. Conclusion: The save files were synched after I played an hour or so, but not when I continued the night.

I guess there might be something wrong with the upload progress to the cloud? Hope this will be fixed soon, cause I only bought the game to play it at two places without having to send me the savefiles everytime...

Bobfoc
17th Aug 2012, 10:22
I have the same problem. Yesterday afternoon I played around an hour and saved the game. After that I had to go walk the dog. Last night I played quite a bit and saved the files. Today at girlfriends home I wanted to play on my laptop. I installed the game and wanted to load my savegames. Unfortunately I saw my savegame and loaded it, but it was the first savegame from yesterday afternoon. Conclusion: The save files were synched after I played an hour or so, but not when I continued the night.

I guess there might be something wrong with the upload progress to the cloud? Hope this will be fixed soon, cause I only bought the game to play it at two places without having to send me the savefiles everytime...

I had the same problem yesterday, except I've only been playing the game on one machine. At first, my save files were syncing successfully, but the coupld of hours' worth of progress I made yesterday didn't end up saving to the cloud for some reason. I'm 100% certain my connection never cut out, so it's clear that there are some issues on SE's end at the moment.

I know two hours isn't particularly long when we're talking about a game as big as Final Fantasy VII, and I'm not unwilling to go through that section of the game again, but I'm hesitant to do so before these cloud problems have been fully sorted. It's a bit of a shame seeing as I was greatly enjoying the PC experience of the re-release, but I'll be waiting for some kind of update before risking any similar problems cropping up again.

member_10583522
17th Aug 2012, 11:26
Saved last night for the first time got about 45 mins into it(Not really far) and went to bed. Woke up this morning and started it up, but I got this error message and for some reason my save file was gone. Was gonna start a new guy but wanted to check to see if anyone else has gotten this error or if anyone knows how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

tir43l
17th Aug 2012, 13:55
You know, it wouldn't surprise me if the same bugs that existed in the original FF7 release are in the re-release. I know that sometimes the game would bug out and corrupt save files from time to time.

KingZopah-258756
17th Aug 2012, 18:47
Saved last night for the first time got about 45 mins into it(Not really far) and went to bed. Woke up this morning and started it up, but I got this error message and for some reason my save file was gone. Was gonna start a new guy but wanted to check to see if anyone else has gotten this error or if anyone knows how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Similar error - I think what's happening is that the cloud saves are trying to replace the local saves, but for whatever reason, this isn't happening. So the game is deleting your local saves to replace them with the cloud ones, but then never actually putting the cloud ones in there. Thus, no save files.

I've been having this problem continuously and I'm yet to find a resolution - you could try deleting the FF7 directory under my Documents and running the launcher to see if it will redownload the cloud saves, but this hasn't worked for me as yet.

member_10504132
17th Aug 2012, 22:32
So after some testing Ifound out if you just wait 12 hours or so the saves will sync. It just takes entirlyloo long.

pdelyria-260546
17th Aug 2012, 23:01
So I'm about 8 hrs in and I can't save the game. When I try, all the save spots are grayed out and it says "no save data file".

Obviously im at a save point or out in the open world.

What gives.

I noticed this after about 20 minsof playtime, foolishly thought it would go away and kept playing, and now I've played >1hr and still can't save.

member_10768644
18th Aug 2012, 00:40
It's greyed out. Try to save there anyway.

member_10768644
18th Aug 2012, 00:40
It's greyed out. Try to save there anyway.

MoonUNit
18th Aug 2012, 04:44
When I checked last night, I had a save in my #4 slot with 3 cloud pictures as the party. I must have been lucky because when I first loaded FF7 up, my latest save was there and I saved it in a different slot after making more progress.

Still ridiculous imho.

CCTzer
18th Aug 2012, 13:09
Does anyone know if the game, saves files on the pc or does it just do cloud saves? I cannot find a save file anywhere.

the_randomizer
18th Aug 2012, 13:12
Does anyone know if the game, saves files on the pc or does it just do cloud saves? I cannot find a save file anywhere.

People keep telling me that they're stored on the HDD, but they never told me where. At least I would LIKE to believe they're stored on the HDD; we need confirmation on this alleged information. Otherwise, we're screwed if/when Square Enix's servers crash.

Ecartman
18th Aug 2012, 17:33
I have the same issue, and I am unable to process as the local saves were removed!

Ecartman
18th Aug 2012, 17:35
I have this same problem...

KingZopah-258756
18th Aug 2012, 20:05
Would like to point out that I started a fresh save, and the game has yet again erased about 6 hours of progress. Local saves gone, refusing to download the incredibly out-dated cloud saves (because it hasn't synced with the cloud since the first day I owned the game) and equally refusing to update the cloud with my new local saves.

Firewall was disabled the whole time I played, and achievements I got during the game were syncing to the server. Just not the saves.

Zenophex-283345
18th Aug 2012, 20:53
I downloaded and installed the game tonight, saved the game at the first save point in the reactor and it saved fine. After reaching next save point in the Sector 7 slums and trying to save, it opens the save file screens but won't let me save and my earlier save seems to have disappeared too. Good thing I didn't play further before noticing this, annoying to lose hours of process. :/

pdelyria-260546
19th Aug 2012, 09:30
I posted about this as well. It happened a little later in the game.

I restarted from my last save point and played 20 mins, and now can't save again.

What gives.

MoonUNit
19th Aug 2012, 09:41
Give it a few minutes to "download and sync"

I was running into that yesterday and it was bloody annoying.

lyk13
19th Aug 2012, 10:09
We should be able to fall back using our local saves rather than having to depend on syncing from servers...

MoonUNit
19th Aug 2012, 10:14
We should be able to fall back using our local saves rather than having to depend on syncing from servers...

Agreed. It also makes local backup pointless. >.<

member_10731244
19th Aug 2012, 12:39
been looking for that answer myself, with no luck.

CabbitsAlek
19th Aug 2012, 13:08
Local save files are located in your documents.

Ex:

C:\Jonathan\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII

C:\Brandt\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII

C:\KanInchen\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII

They're both stored in the cloud and on your PC. The cloud saves will overwrite your local save when it connects so if you plan on having local backups then you should save them to a different directory to be safe.

Some people cannot connnect to the cloud dependably (myself included as of yesterday) so make sure to check if the game saved to the cloud when you save each time. This information will be in the top left hand side of the screen.

crono1973
19th Aug 2012, 14:43
I am having trouble connecting today and you can't save until it syncs.

lyk13
19th Aug 2012, 15:08

Agreed. It also makes local backup pointless. >.<

Initially I thought local backup is that in the event we can't sync, it will save to local and later be sync to the cloud. BUT, if accessing save always download from the cloud, what use is there? LOL...

onichikun
19th Aug 2012, 15:35
It saves locally, but for whatever reason they made it so you cannot access the save files until the remote sync has finished (I would think they could just run the sync thread after you try saving while you are in game, which I think they do.)

I can under stand why syncing before reading is an issue (since you need to make sure the save files are the ones in the cloud) but in game there is no reason to wait for the sync to finish before allowing us to write to the local save files, since the local files should be sync'd when the game client is first loaded anyways.

This is of course assuming we have no multiple-writer problem (e.g., two different clients running simaltaneously on remote locations saving files.)

I wish they would just let us turn off the cloud save function, or let us handle pushing the saves to the cloud when we are all done playing.

trilogique21
19th Aug 2012, 15:44
bought it this morning and it kept telling me it synced up through the cloud. all I did when I was playing was go to the save menu and wait for it to say it finished. I guess I lost my save then? because it says 'new game' even though in the top left it says the cloud is sync'd.

bhearing
19th Aug 2012, 15:48
It saves locally, but for whatever reason they made it so you cannot access the save files until the remote sync has finished (I would think they could just run the sync thread after you try saving while you are in game, which I think they do.)

I can under stand why syncing before reading is an issue (since you need to make sure the save files are the ones in the cloud) but in game there is no reason to wait for the sync to finish before allowing us to write to the local save files, since the local files should be sync'd when the game client is first loaded anyways.

This is of course assuming we have no multiple-writer problem (e.g., two different clients running simaltaneously on remote locations saving files.)

I wish they would just let us turn off the cloud save function, or let us handle pushing the saves to the cloud when we are all done playing.

For the love of the Gods this! Why oh why can I not just save locally even wehn not sync'd? SE needs to implement a way to turn off the cloud save and allow us to save to the cloud after I'm finally done for the day.

r0bkiLL-274470
19th Aug 2012, 16:31
Since 7 hours no more sync. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif

member_10326042
19th Aug 2012, 17:46
I was messing around with the character booster and wasnt that impressed. I saved the file with the character booster on a seperate file and want to delete it. Does anyone know how i can do this?

crono1973
19th Aug 2012, 17:58
I was messing around with the character booster and wasnt that impressed. I saved the file with the character booster on a seperate file and want to delete it. Does anyone know how i can do this?

Well, you can delete it locally at Documents/Square Enix/Final Fantasy VII/user_### but the cloud will just put it back. You can save over it to delete it.

member_10326042
19th Aug 2012, 18:04
Thank you! I was looking in the wrong folders - was going through my c drive. I dont play while connected to the internet anyway so Im not worried about the cloud saves too much. Thanks again!

mreed2
19th Aug 2012, 18:15
Oddly enough, you can indeed save locally if something goes wrong with cloud saves -- but you have to be /very/ patient...

When you access the save screen, a message will appear (briefly) indicating that it is syncrhonizing cloud saves. Until this completes, all of your save slots will be invalid. However, if you wait long enough, a message will appear (also in the upper left hand corner) that "There was a problem syncrhonizing saves, your saves will not be sent to the cloud" and it will allow you to use your local save files. The problem is that it takes ~5 minutes for this message to appear -- and if you leave the save screen (showing the slots) before you get this message, you'll have to go through the whole procedure again.

So... Yeap, you have to be patient... :(

lyk13
19th Aug 2012, 23:07
Yeah I saw that, but still........

CCTzer
19th Aug 2012, 23:25
Ok, I found it I belive, Im wondering if I can use this save to play on an emulator I have on my tablet and vice versa...

KingZopah-258756
20th Aug 2012, 06:39
In an attempt to verify it wasn't just my saves, I just started a new game, got to the reactor and saved as soon as I could - it still won't sync. I get the feeling that my cloud saves are probably corrupt and therefore they won't download, but before the game checks that, it erases my local files in preparation. All I want to be able to do is clear the cloud saves and get them syncing again!

member_10075778
20th Aug 2012, 07:58
I got this error starting last night and it has not worked since, I have saved locally and now it wont update whatsoever. Anyone else having issues here? Any way to copy saves files locally to use?

KingZopah-258756
20th Aug 2012, 11:06
There are various threads on this - I made one in the tech support forum, and there are a few others. Sometimes it syncs of its own accord, but it seems that sometimes it can just get jammed. I'm hoping square allow us to clear our cloud saves or something to fix this.

nardo2026
20th Aug 2012, 12:13
Same problem here

Tylorick
20th Aug 2012, 15:36
My fear is that, because cloud saves take priority of local, that when it DOES sync that all my progress since the servers went down will be lost. Which would be a massive oversight on Square's part, but with all the issues that have been popping up since release, it wouldn't surprise me. But I haven't been able to sync in about 3 hours of gameplay...

tir43l
20th Aug 2012, 15:44
Well, it deleted one of my save files this morning, so now I have only a backup save I made from 2 days ago, which puts me back at the beginning of disc 2.

TacoHead-263485
20th Aug 2012, 18:56
I have a failed sync too, but it happens when I try to save. I can load the game just fine but when I go to save, it could be an hour or 5 minutes it will not sync up. It trys for a second then stops. I have turned off my firewall and everything.

tir43l
20th Aug 2012, 19:34
If any of you are using Win 7/Vista, the game backs up the save files locally to C:\Users\[username]\My Documents\Square Enix\[user_######]

You can get your save files from there. I would HIGHLY suggest that each time you save before leaving the game, that you copy/paste the save file, which will be in the format "save##.ff7 where "##" is the number of the save slot (00 corresponding with slot 1, 01 with slot 2 and so on), to a different folder for safe keeping. Otherwise, when the game attempts to sync with the server, there is a possibility it will delete the save.

Now, if you have done the above described, you can copy/paste that file back into the save directory, should you not be able to sync with the server, and play. However, if upon loading the "Downloading Save" message immediately turns to "Failed to load...etc" and it grays out the "Continue" button, you will have to reload the game and try again. Here is a simple step-by-step process.

1) Copy/paste your save file from your My Documents\Square Enix\user ##### folder into a different folder, such as just in the My Doucments folder.

2) Load the game

3) After the "Downloading Saves" message appears, Alt+Tab out of the game.

4) Go to the backed-up save and copy/paste it (without removing the back-up) into your Square Enix\user_###### folder.

5) If the message "Failed to load saves...etc" appears and the "Continue" option is grayed out, go back to step 1.

6) If the Continue button is not grayed out, load your save.

7) ???

8) Profit

member_10239333
20th Aug 2012, 22:52
This just happened to me too and whatever I try to do it just wont synch.

tigeraid
20th Aug 2012, 23:03
Yup, me too. It even says that it will save locally, but then it doesn't, the Save option just remains dark and doesn't let me click it.

Is this turning into another Diablo III disaster? For god's sake, it's a 15 year old RPG, just let us PLAY IT.

Reverant-259177
20th Aug 2012, 23:05
It is absolutely unexcusable that a forced and completely unreliable cloud save system is making it nearly impossible for some customers to progress in a 14 year old game. Because of the odd syncing issues, it takes far, far longer to save in this release than it did on the old PS1 memory cards... if the option to save even pops up at all.

Of all the things they could have modernized for this release, they chose the save system... which is now broken for many customers. I am just completely puzzled by this product.

BigBrotherW
20th Aug 2012, 23:06
I'm having the same problem. I wish I had an answer too.

Is the default function "No Proxy"? or there is some information that's missing?

If not that, then it's an issue on Square-Enix's end.

I suppose they weren't expecting a download of this magnitude.

tigeraid
20th Aug 2012, 23:21
Getting "Remote Sync Failed" when first starting the game now, so it won't even let me load in the first place. This sucks. I've got a support ticket in, but I assume there's been thousands already.

member_10042289
20th Aug 2012, 23:25
Same issue here... it wont do the Cloud save, gotta wait 30 secs for option to enable so it can save locally.

Good idea about saving a second file, just in case.

Does anyone else screen flicker, especially when pressing V for the main menu screen?

I just dropped bit color from 32 bit to 16 bit to see if it improves....

member_10525333
20th Aug 2012, 23:37
same problem here, I guess the server is down right now . . . AND I WAS ABOUT TO GET TO DISC 2 OMG LIKE COME ON LIKE FOR REAL ITS JUST GONNA BE LIKE THAT LIKE OK I GUESS SO.

Dispossessed-296587
20th Aug 2012, 23:46
It's a broken save system that makes users reliant upon Square-Enix acting

like Big Brother. This is absolutely ridiculous. I remember the FIRST Final Fantasy

PC game was only local saves. Sometimes I get this error & sometimes I don't.

As something of a networking guru, I looked into this then let friends who are

network engineers look into it. The final result is this:

Not a goddamned clue.

tigeraid
21st Aug 2012, 00:05
The game finally caught up now and is letting me save locally, so that's something I guess. I hope it lets me load that save game tomorrow...

cougrrr
21st Aug 2012, 00:27
Is it time that "must be connected to the internet at all times" SINGLE player games die already or what? Seriously, this is so not needed on decade old title.

Ecartman
21st Aug 2012, 00:50
Is it time that "must be connected to the internet at all times" SINGLE player games die already or what? Seriously, this is so not needed on decade old title.

that is not quite true, you do need to connect to sync, unfortunately there also seems they did not program the "save" - "delete" sync correctly that in My case caused me to remove my saves... even if is not able to sync...

other than that all is OK...the initial Authentication is OK... not so invasive as far i saw however is SECUROM...

I do Agree I dislike DRM's as well, and i would like this game were avaiable at GOG... but your comment does not add up to the issue in discusion.

Ecartman
21st Aug 2012, 00:51
same problem here, I guess the server is down right now . . . AND I WAS ABOUT TO GET TO DISC 2 OMG LIKE COME ON LIKE FOR REAL ITS JUST GONNA BE LIKE THAT LIKE OK I GUESS SO.

yes, but the issue i had is it at some point desided to remove the save i had locally. and i am unable to play unless I start from Scratch ... so keep a copy of your save just in case.

Dispossessed-296587
21st Aug 2012, 00:52
I was so excited to get this game for PC. It brought back memories of the

first release for PC years ago. Getting into the game, I became distressed

over the save issue. Even though I'm always connected to the net by

hardwire, it acted up. Some friends looked into why I was unable to save

to the "cloud" & have told me that it's an issue on Square's end.

This is nothing but Square-Enix trying to act like Big Brother by requiring

players to upload save files. I also believe this is their attempt at monitoring

hackers & trainer creators so the game remains uncracked. Too bad it's only

a matter of time before the hackers release a cracked version. Square's

already made their money many times over. Them re-releasing this shows that

nostalgia can be capitalized on. Regardless, I am only uploading my save

files when necessary; easier to save locally.

boski-grzechu-254667
21st Aug 2012, 01:35
It begins yesterday - I came from work to home - and both my new saves were corrupted - in one I had 3 Clouds, one was black. Today on launcher I see 'Remote Sync Failed' and my online profile is empty.

I can play, but I have one question - is my playthrough is safe, when cloud server start to work?

btk6
21st Aug 2012, 01:47
this just started for me. if se can make it to where i can play off of the my locall save wold be nice. or a mod to play off of the locall save.

Monsieurcaca
21st Aug 2012, 02:38
I get this error whenever I open the launcher. I can't load any games, wtf is going on ?
It's been like that for whole evening/night. Are you working on that?

DannyC1812
21st Aug 2012, 03:38
Been having the same problem all night.

josh007cl
21st Aug 2012, 03:42
If anyone knows the server it is looking for you can just block it and it will automatically save locally.

Llewditxc-262342
21st Aug 2012, 04:00
So it isn't my "network settings" that need to be reviewed. hahaha, server down I assume? D;

boski-grzechu-254667
21st Aug 2012, 04:24
If anyone knows the server it is looking for you can just block it and it will automatically save locally.

Unplug network :)

tigeraid
21st Aug 2012, 07:54
Having to turn off my network connection any time I want to play this game is a massive hassle.

KingZopah-258756
21st Aug 2012, 09:10
More like the server is just really unstable and picky about who it will let sync with it in the first place. I haven't been able to sync since the night the game was released.

MahoraKun-264656
21st Aug 2012, 10:30
We have the same problem here in Europe, I juste hope i won't lose my Local Save from now, cause i did all the progress already, have a black chocobo soon, and some materia already on Master states.

Square-Enix, please answer us about this "Cloudy" Problem ...

KingZopah-258756
21st Aug 2012, 11:52
I've just been testing a solution with EU customer support and in essence, they'll erase your cloud saves and this will allow your local saves to be uploaded in their place and then from then onwards, everything should work. It sounds like a combination of server problems/incomplete uploads might have been at fault here. If you go open a ticket and ask for them to delete the cloud saves, it should get your cloud saves up and running again.

ZenMasterWho
21st Aug 2012, 12:29
I'm having a similar issue. Just started out in the first Mako Reactor. It's not consistent, though, so I'm not sure how it keeps fixing itself for me. Maybe give it a while to load?

Chishio-259694
21st Aug 2012, 12:38
This happened to me last night. However, it still let me access my save file. Just in case, I made a second one. Today, it was able to sync without issue and my save files are still intact.

ZenMasterWho
21st Aug 2012, 13:59
May have figured it out. Since this new version has saves synched with the "Square Enix Cloud," everytime you save it tries to synch with the cloud. If it can't, or if it's still synching, the files will be greyed out. I seem to be able to fix this pretty consistently by leaving the save point and re-entering it (when it can't synch, it at least lets me save locally).

member_10141162
21st Aug 2012, 15:32
when i have this issue, i back out of the menus, then step off and back on the save point (or take a step on the world map)

after a few tries, and waiting a good 20 seconds for it to ungrey, it eventually works.

yet it still wont sync.... im still saving offline. its very unerving.

ssppiikkeeyy
21st Aug 2012, 16:15
yea this started for me yesterday and havent stoped now i cant even sync anything and all my achievement on the site has disappered

member_10239333
21st Aug 2012, 16:18
Cloud server appears to be down like yesterday, early this morning it was working, now that I want to continue playing server goes boom again. sigh.. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

KingZopah-258756
21st Aug 2012, 16:24
I'm stuck on local too, I'm pretty bummed it's gone down because support only got my cloud saves working about 12 hours ago anyway..

thagley81
21st Aug 2012, 17:02
Same here, I'm pretty irritated. Anyone find any solutions?

KingZopah-258756
21st Aug 2012, 17:42
Pretty sure the server is down, not much we can do.

JesseAlan-301875
21st Aug 2012, 18:10
So it works just fine in the morning, just evenings I get this same problem. Any way I can just play off my HDD?

deepecho
21st Aug 2012, 23:32
I started getting the same Remote Sync error as everyone else late last night. At one point this afternoon the error went away but my save files were missing. Tried again now and the remote sync error is back but I can load my save no problem. But now I dont even want to play anymore with the chance that my save file might be overwritten by the cloud sync later.

I really hope this gets resolved soon.

satr080799
21st Aug 2012, 23:45
Afraid to start over again. Played for last 3 days and this morning no longer any of my saved games. Hope they are not totally lost once all this crap gets fixed...if it ever gets fixed...

MagnusHydra
22nd Aug 2012, 00:27
I to have this problem and my online profile has been reset.

member_10243318
22nd Aug 2012, 00:37
Yea, this sync problem is completely rediculus. If your going to include a feature like this, please give us the option to simply not use it. I'm so tried of waiting 30 seconds at every save point for it to time out and allow me to save locally.

Also, does anyone know where the local files are saved on your computer? I'd like to back them up just in case.

Edit: Apparently they're in your documents folder %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII

MagnusHydra
22nd Aug 2012, 00:47
THANK YOU!
Black Chocobo WORKS TOO!!!!

Dispossessed-296587
22nd Aug 2012, 06:12
Yea, this sync problem is completely rediculus. If your going to include a feature like this, please give us the option to simply not use it. I'm so tried of waiting 30 seconds at every save point for it to time out and allow me to save locally.

Apparently, their save upload works as a way to monitor hacking / trainer usage. It seems as

though they're terrified of repeating what happened years ago when their PC verison of FF 7

got cracked & trainers were all over the internet.

boski-grzechu-254667
22nd Aug 2012, 10:04
Stop spreading bull**** - cloud server seems to be more or less broken - sometimes you can see achievements, sometimes nothing - saves are broken - you can't download them, or upload fresh to replace broken - it is only few kilobytes - if you bought game you should require even one word whats happen not silence and piss on you. Don't you think?

Agent
22nd Aug 2012, 10:17
Hey everyone,

I bought the re-release of FFVII back around thursday, downloaded it and it works fine. Sometime while leveling limits for quite a while before Junon I tried to save on the world map and I could not.

Normally, it would say text in the top left saying trying to sync, sometimes it would succeed, other times it would fail and allow me to save locally.

However, now I go to save, the Save1-Save10 are grayed out, even after waiting for over 15 minutes they remain grayed out, and no text in the top left ever appears.

I tried progressing to the point in Junon to get to an actual save point and try that, Still no luck.

I tried cutting my internet to force it to save locally, which also did nothing

I'm all out of ideas and do not want to lose ~5 hours of my time and moreso do not want to progress if I know I can't save.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Thanks

Siku_Meeth-254411
22nd Aug 2012, 12:36
hehehehe this is kinda funny, i was happy when ff7 came again for new pc.

i got ff 7 on my laptop and on my stationary and today!!! haha! im so mad at SE -.- but all in all i HATE cloud saving!!!! it ruins everything!!

i have playd mostly on my laptop and today when i started on my stationary! first it wouldnt load saved games and then after a while it did, but then my save was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in midgar which i finished ages ago and controlles are ****ed and i got an extra saved game with 3 cloud ( yeah, beats me) with 0 hours played.

way to go future.... -.- i love letting others take care of my stuff.... yeh

Agent
22nd Aug 2012, 13:52
I installed my game on another pc in the house, opened it up and the save feature works fine so I anticipate my session just bugged out and was wondering if anyone has any idea how to force save my current session.

I'm about 5 hours ahead of my last save that this cloud save has backed up.

member_10113297
22nd Aug 2012, 14:29
This is so #@% (mailto:#@%)*!# annoying! I can't save at all, Locally or online (which is stupid that my saves are relying more online then on my computer where there should be) I am really disapointed with this stupid move square soft,enix... who ever the hell this company is anymore. If i had an old computer that would pass the graphic test, i'd still be playing my orginal disk pc version. You cant even transfer the saves from one computer to the other... Right now i'm very close to having Cloud, Tifa and Aeris at level 100 after spending several hours leveling up, now, im going to loose that time, be back at level 91 i think and be really mad.

tir43l
22nd Aug 2012, 16:55

Apparently, their save upload works as a way to monitor hacking / trainer usage. It seems as

though they're terrified of repeating what happened years ago when their PC verison of FF 7

Well, it does a piss poor job of that even when it is working.

tir43l
22nd Aug 2012, 18:56
Ok, so I figured out how the save system works for FF7. There are two files located here:

C:\Users\[Username]\My Documents\Square Enix\[user_######]

They are of two different types. One is called metadata.xml and the other is called saveXX.ff7, where XX is the slot you saved in (00 being Slot 1, 01 being slot 2 and so on.) If you are able to get into the game and make a save, you need to back up BOTH of these files in order to reload your save again without issue. The simplest way to backup the two files is to just copy/paste them into a different folder (I put them in the My Documents folder outside of the Square Enix folder.)

It seems that each time you load the game, it checks for the saves in the cloud, then edits these two files based on the results of the query. If it comes back with saves, it edits these two files to reflect what is in the cloud. If it comes back with an error (such as it has been for almost everyone), the game will edit both these files so that they are cleared out. I am not going to speculate as to why, I just know that it does it.

If you have a backup save file, but not a backup of the metadata.xml file, here is a link so you can download mine and maybe it will allow you to use it. Just copy/paste it into your save folder for FF7.

docs.google.com/open?id=0B4L7RMcYZxlBaTV... (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4L7RMcYZxlBaTViaGxpaHcycmc)

Here is a step-by-step process:

1) Download file

2) Start game

3) Wait for the game to attempt to load your saves from the cloud

4) Once it comes back with an error, copy this file AND your save file into the [user_######] in your Square Enix folder on your computer.

5) Pray it works

Good luck. This will be reposted in the tech support forums and updated as to if it does/does not work.

tir43l
22nd Aug 2012, 18:56
Ok, so I figured out how the save system works for FF7. There are two files located here:

C:\Users\[Username]\My Documents\Square Enix\[user_######]

They are of two different types. One is called metadata.xml and the other is called saveXX.ff7, where XX is the slot you saved in (00 being Slot 1, 01 being slot 2 and so on.) If you are able to get into the game and make a save, you need to back up BOTH of these files in order to reload your save again without issue. The simplest way to backup the two files is to just copy/paste them into a different folder (I put them in the My Documents folder outside of the Square Enix folder.)

It seems that each time you load the game, it checks for the saves in the cloud, then edits these two files based on the results of the query. If it comes back with saves, it edits these two files to reflect what is in the cloud. If it comes back with an error (such as it has been for almost everyone), the game will edit both these files so that they are cleared out. I am not going to speculate as to why, I just know that it does it.

If you have a backup save file, but not a backup of the metadata.xml file, here is a link so you can download mine and maybe it will allow you to use it. Just copy/paste it into your save folder for FF7.

docs.google.com/open?id=0B4L7RMcYZxlBaTV... (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B4L7RMcYZxlBaTViaGxpaHcycmc)

Here is a step-by-step process:

1) Download file

2) Start game

3) Wait for the game to attempt to load your saves from the cloud

4) Once it comes back with an error, copy this file AND your save file into the [user_######] in your Square Enix folder on your computer.

5) Pray it works

Good luck. This will be reposted in the tech support forums and updated as to if it does/does not work.

Dispossessed-296587
22nd Aug 2012, 19:16

Well, it does a piss poor job of that even when it is working.

I couldn't agree with you more.

tir43l
22nd Aug 2012, 19:28
na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29335835/Having_Local_Save_Issues__Read_this..)

Try that out. Always back up your local saves. I am too lazy to retype the whole thing here.

Braunzernator
22nd Aug 2012, 19:39
Same problem

member_10289442
22nd Aug 2012, 20:38
Support is also lame. I've opened two tickets about an of course no reply.

jamesdrobb
22nd Aug 2012, 23:08
So I've been playing my FF7 today sync'ing just fine until I go away for like 30-60 minutes and come back to my game no longer sync'ing at all after trying over and over. I then restart FF7 and when I get the load my save from continue in the main menu 3 of my saves have gone back over 10 hours in time, the other 2 turned black , and those 2 will not load. What's happening? The ability to use online saves was something that I though really awesome when deciding to buy this rerelease, but now it just continually pissing me off and screwing my game up.

To get to the point does this mean my saves are lost (just finished Wutai side quest after getting the Tiny Bronco and am now set back to Shinra tower early in the game) and I'm screw over? Guessing this is so and when I get over my anger that the cloud save which clinched my feeling for the rerelease is something I have to quit using since w/e the hell is wrong doesn't work right?

onichikun
23rd Aug 2012, 00:25
Same issues.. This is pretty amateur.

member_10639501
23rd Aug 2012, 00:26
No save data file

No save data file

No save data file

No save data file

No save data file

No save data file

@#@$

TheSquig-297101
23rd Aug 2012, 00:30
Im sure they are aware of the problem and are probably working on it. Seems like most people have this problem. Mine hasnt been able to sync since early midgar and now im at corel. Im just worried that when it finally does sync ill lose my save so im making backups of my files everytime i boot the game..

boski-grzechu
23rd Aug 2012, 01:43
Im sure they are aware of the problem and are probably working on it.

Really? Got you finger cut off for this? It's fourth day and you don't have one word from them what's goin on!

Seems like most people have this problem.

All of them...

Mine hasnt been able to sync since early midgar and now im at corel.

Place have no matter - it's time when server goes down. In matter of day/night time achievement server is down, cloud server is down all the time.

Endugu
23rd Aug 2012, 02:03
I cant save at all, cloud, local. nothing ever lights to save...dont get it.

obrienfk-298492
23rd Aug 2012, 03:18
I've gone to the main final fantasy 7 folder in Program Files -which files are the save files?

Foodperson
23rd Aug 2012, 12:09
Good thing there are helpful people such as yourself. Personally, I never had this problem, but I will keep this in mind. It seems like a stupid mistake for Square Enix to make (hey, it rhymes) on a 15 year-old game, though, and a major pain in the A for the rest of us.

crono1973
23rd Aug 2012, 12:48
You could also just disable Cloud save.

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29336877/Here_is_how_to_completely_disable_remote_sync)

tir43l
23rd Aug 2012, 12:56
I already have. This was posted prior to that thread being posted. From a techinical standpoint, this is simplier (and less problematic) than editting the host file. I try to assume that most people don't understand how to edit the host file (or are too scared to). This way is a simplier and caters to people who may/may not know how/want to edit the host file.

crono1973
23rd Aug 2012, 13:02
I already have. This was posted prior to that thread being posted. From a techinical standpoint, this is simplier (and less problematic) than editting the host file. I try to assume that most people don't understand how to edit the host file (or are too scared to). This way is a simplier and caters to people who may/may not know how/want to edit the host file.

Yeah, it's really an either/or situation. If you only want to bypass the sync one time, then use this method but if you want to constantly fiddle with your save file, best to just deactivate the sync.

festa_freak
23rd Aug 2012, 17:16
Here I was just playing away, and lo and behold I come across a save point. I go up to it and attempt to save, but the game says I have no save file. Note that this was after the church scene. I keep on playing and come across another save point. Same thing. I had hoped maybe there was some sort of auto-save going on, so I just quit the game and restart. The only option was New Game. I exited the launcher and restarted. Now there was a Continue option, but my save data was from the Section 5 reactor.

Has this happened to anyone else? My internet connection never went out, so I''m certain that was not the problem.

I was running into that too. Why do we need cloud saves if we are using only one computer? So baffling.

How do we also know if the cloud isn't working that it is ACTUALLY being saved locally. I just don't trust these cloud systems. Let me dead with my own files tyvm. If my computer has a catastrophic crash, a stupid save game is the least of my worries.

jt2414-281443
23rd Aug 2012, 18:55
Well I am. It's great that I pay to play a game and not be able to pay it. I have spent more time trouble shooting issues that actual game time. Come on Square Enix make something that works before releasing it. For christ sake.

I love their quote; They refuse to re-make FF7 until "They make something that exceeds the quality" As this rate your never going to accomplish that. Your player base isn't going to trust purchasing anything you put out because most of the stuff out latley has been GARBAGE! Not to meantion you are tanting the name FF7 because you can't get your damn cloud to work right.

And for those of you who don't know what I mean:
www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-e... (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/26/square-enix-reveals-conditions-for-final-fantasy-vii-remake)

Last Square Enix purchase...... I want Square Soft back. When Final Fantasy was done correctly.

jt2414-281443
23rd Aug 2012, 19:01
Breaking news:

Apparently I am not connected to the internet either. Weird I don't seem to be having issues posting here or browsing the web.....

Worst $10 spent ever.

AyaFarron
23rd Aug 2012, 19:11
Are they working on the cloud save thing? Is it even a KNOWN issue? Everyone's having it. I wish they'd say something about it.
But let's be real. VII is a silly game that would not look right using todays graphics. Leave the past in the past. Everyone wants a VII remake, and they're the same people who would complain about it. "CLOUD HAS AN EXTRA STRAND OF HAIR!?!? I HATE SQUARE ENIX! BLASPHEMY!"

jt2414-281443
23rd Aug 2012, 19:30
Are they working on the cloud save thing? Is it even a KNOWN issue? Everyone's having it. I wish they'd say something about it.
But let's be real. VII is a silly game that would not look right using todays graphics. Leave the past in the past. Everyone wants a VII remake, and they're the same people who would complain about it. "CLOUD HAS AN EXTRA STRAND OF HAIR!?!? I HATE SQUARE ENIX! BLASPHEMY!"

I have no idea. I called them and they said "That's odd I don't know of it being down. We will escalate this can call you back."

I hoped that they would re-make FF7. But honestly, I really hope they don't. They will butcher it so bad. Not to mention I won't be purchasing anything with the Square Enix name on it ever again. So, I could careless. When I told my friends about this they all said not to get it. I guess I should have listened.

If this isn't fixed with-in the next 30 mins I can going to just remove the game and buy a PS3 and play it the old school way. I will not have to worry about my save states not working and I can play it anytime I want.

jt2414-281443
23rd Aug 2012, 19:58
Call and complain because when I called them they said I was the first they heard of ANY issues with this release.

310-846-0345 Option 3

jt2414-281443
23rd Aug 2012, 20:04
Might want to let them know their is an issue with this. I am seeing the same thing and when I call them they said everything is working fine and I am the only one seeing this problem.

Please call and let them know it's not alright:

310-846-0345 Option 3

jt2414-281443
23rd Aug 2012, 20:07
When I called to inform them there is an issue they said it must be only me and that their servers are working right.

Call them and let them know it's not just one person. 310-846-0345 Option 3

TheSothar-304745
23rd Aug 2012, 22:34
I am so glad to hear that this is not just me, BUT I agree with everyone else, THIS IS AN AMATURISH MISTAKE!!!! Square has been around long enough with enough online based games that they should know better than to release a game with messed up servers. HOWEVER, as we all know servers go down from time to time. It does take time to get a server back online if you do not intend to simply replace it with a new one. I am sure if we all call them and let them know that there are many people having problems and that we are being vocal about it in the forums, so that they can come and see for them selves they will make sure it gets fixed. If we don't do this then we should simply stop complaining because as we are not being a part of the solution, we have become a part of the problem.

Sothar

TheSothar-304745
23rd Aug 2012, 23:10
I was so excited to get this game for PC. It brought back memories of the

first release for PC years ago. Getting into the game, I became distressed

over the save issue. Even though I'm always connected to the net by

hardwire, it acted up. Some friends looked into why I was unable to save

to the "cloud" & have told me that it's an issue on Square's end.

This is nothing but Square-Enix trying to act like Big Brother by requiring

players to upload save files. I also believe this is their attempt at monitoring

hackers & trainer creators so the game remains uncracked. Too bad it's only

a matter of time before the hackers release a cracked version. Square's

already made their money many times over. Them re-releasing this shows that

nostalgia can be capitalized on. Regardless, I am only uploading my save

files when necessary; easier to save locally.

Actually the cloud saves do serve a purpose other than simple big brother bullcarp, and that is that if you click the view online profile button you can actually boost your characters, doing this allows you to level up characters faster, and recieve massive gil early in the game. this is the first version to be implemented of the promised character editing capabilities. Be sure to have complete knowledge of a subject before you start throwing around conspiracies. thank you

member_10289442
24th Aug 2012, 01:04
I'm just wondering has anyone figured out how to restore remote syncing. Mine hasn't worked for a few days. I opened a ticket, and SE only sent me a link back to support page. This is stupid. I have file back ups and all. The strange thing is on the launcher it tells me everything is okay. However in game it still fails. I'm so annoyed, that I don't even want to play my game.

Deadfog-295059
24th Aug 2012, 07:50
Im tired of waiting for an answer from the tech suppor, when are you guys going to resolve this problem, there is no answer from anyone, its very irresponsable for your part that no one have said anything

jt2414-281443
24th Aug 2012, 09:01
I have called and they said I am the only one reporting this. That's why I am posting their number for us to call and make them aware. They need to do something. I still can't access my save states....

I did inform them of forum posts but they said they are not aware of any issue like this. That why I stress for people to call them. Their number is 310-846-0345 option 3 let them know there are issues.

member_10202307
24th Aug 2012, 11:32
This WAS a known issue. However, they have patched it. If your game had trouble updating it may be broken. Try reinstalling it fresh.

TheSothar-304745
24th Aug 2012, 11:52
I have called and they said I am the only one reporting this. That's why I am posting their number for us to call and make them aware. They need to do something. I still can't access my save states....

I did inform them of forum posts but they said they are not aware of any issue like this. That why I stress for people to call them. Their number is 310-846-0345 option 3 let them know there are issues.

JT Im sorry if you thought that my last post was aimed at you, because it wasn't I knew you had called Ive seen your thread. The post was aimed at the people that simply complain in the threads and never do anything else about it. However, I was reading another thread last night and the authr said that when he spoke with tech support, they were able to find out that sometimes the saves break durring upload from your computer to the cloud server. If this happens it will not allow further syncing, and you will have to either call tech support, or submit a ticket asking them to clear your cloud saves so that the ones already on your computer will begin to sync to the server again. I hope this helps everyone.

Also I dont know how long it will take them to clear your saves I put my ticket in around midnight Indiana time its now 13 hours later and they have yet to reply or to clear my saves, so I am patiently waiting

Sothar

ThEgR8wHyThIpE
24th Aug 2012, 13:56
So aside from not being able to save at all. The graphics are horrific. I get black boxes everywhere on the text and the shadow overlay makes most of the screen black. I tried a few different resolution combos and full screen. Am I missing something? Also, without being able to save it is pointless anyway. :(

AyaFarron
24th Aug 2012, 16:21
Rofl the graphics are horrific? Can you IMAGINE this ridiculous, silly game with today's graphics engine? Serious looking CG cloud in a dress? I can honestly say this is the first time I've heard someone complain about the graphics of a 90s game. I'm able to save my game though, but the cloud save has worked ONCE since I bought the game. That is frustrating. What's going on with your local saves? Maybe I can help.

AyaFarron
24th Aug 2012, 16:25
My cloud saves say that they never sync, but when I go to settings on the FFVII PC launcer and do that sync test thing, it says it's okay.
I've heard EU Square Enix say that this is a known problem, but nothing from NA Square Enix.
Does anybody know a way to fix this? Is my computer doing something wrong, or is this a known issue by Square and they just aren't saying anything?

ThEgR8wHyThIpE
24th Aug 2012, 16:42
So aside from not being able to save at all. The graphics are horrific. I get black boxes everywhere on the text and the shadow overlay makes most of the screen black. I tried a few different resolution combos and full screen. Am I missing something? Also, without being able to save it is pointless anyway. :(

Not so much the graphics. FF7 on PS1 wasn't all that looking back now. Everyone has black spots on their faces and every other letter is blacked out in all text. I got to save locally once. All text boxes are greyed. Waiting for the messages to go thru then saved, but haven't since then. What's the best view resolutionwise to play?

member_10289442
24th Aug 2012, 17:05
I'm in the same boat. I've tried contacting Square NA but they haven't really told me anything. So far they sent me a link to the support page, which is how I contacted them in the first place. This is very annoying. My game pretty much does the exact same thing.

member_10289442
24th Aug 2012, 17:16

JT Im sorry if you thought that my last post was aimed at you, because it wasn't I knew you had called Ive seen your thread. The post was aimed at the people that simply complain in the threads and never do anything else about it. However, I was reading another thread last night and the authr said that when he spoke with tech support, they were able to find out that sometimes the saves break durring upload from your computer to the cloud server. If this happens it will not allow further syncing, and you will have to either call tech support, or submit a ticket asking them to clear your cloud saves so that the ones already on your computer will begin to sync to the server again. I hope this helps everyone.

Also I dont know how long it will take them to clear your saves I put my ticket in around midnight Indiana time its now 13 hours later and they have yet to reply or to clear my saves, so I am patiently waiting

Sothar

Let us know if you have any luck with this.

r0bkiLL-274470
24th Aug 2012, 17:53
Since 7 hours no more sync.

Since 5 Days no sync...

member_10472489
24th Aug 2012, 21:32
Dude there support is horrible. It is nothing but, circles. I really wish they would address these things its so annoying.

TheSothar-304745
24th Aug 2012, 21:36
will do

TheSothar-304745
25th Aug 2012, 07:29
well so far so good I do believe I just got an email from SE telling Me that they got my ticket it is in the que and I should be taken care of within 48 hours but we shall see

Quadocky
25th Aug 2012, 10:02
Sounds like you are getting a lot of graphic corruption, I hope you are able to fix that first.

In my opinion the best Resolution to play at is the one the monitor is designed to do (if its LCD) BUT without Linear filtering or the 'Original Graphics mode' enabled. When played like this you will not lose any of the detail and it will look much much sharper.

ThEgR8wHyThIpE
25th Aug 2012, 11:00
Sounds like you are getting a lot of graphic corruption, I hope you are able to fix that first.

In my opinion the best Resolution to play at is the one the monitor is designed to do (if its LCD) BUT without Linear filtering or the 'Original Graphics mode' enabled. When played like this you will not lose any of the detail and it will look much much sharper.

Tried that. Still everything is blacked out and text missing (blacked out randomly). Maybe because my computer is 8 years old, but it shouldn't take much to run the graphics I would imagine. Just not looking good for me....

Quadocky
25th Aug 2012, 13:40

Tried that. Still everything is blacked out and text missing (blacked out randomly). Maybe because my computer is 8 years old, but it shouldn't take much to run the graphics I would imagine. Just not looking good for me....

Do you meet the system requirements?

AyaFarron
25th Aug 2012, 15:31
Ugh I had a dream last night that the cloud syncs worked.
Nearly cried when I woke up ><

Caedius
25th Aug 2012, 15:42
I did figure out the problem (I think) for what happend to me. I play the game on my laptop while my dad plays on his. I figured we could share the cloud save on one account since there are ten save areas. However, one of the days we were playing the cloud server wasn't syncing at all, but we played some anyways. What I think happend was the next day when we finally connected to the cloud server both of our different local save data must of mixed and corrupted our saves.

We've restarted our games on different accounts now and so far everything is fine. Also I have noticed the game syncs much faster and fail to syncs happen rarely. That may be to a fix someone above talked about?

TheSothar-304745
27th Aug 2012, 13:36
I want to start by saying this may not be classed correctly, if not I am sorry. I could not think of anywhere else to post this where it might get the attention of the SE staff.

Many of us who are playing the new re-release of FFVII on the PC specifically purchased the game because of the updates. Updates such as the character editing capabilities, and the cloud servers where we are able to play our games on someone elses PC as long as we are able to log in. However, MANY of us are unable to do this because of sync failures. When this occures we are no longer able to make use of the character editing capabilities because we are unable to sync. Myself, and many others have called in for support, and have submitted support tickets, only to be told that we are the only ones having this issue. ONE person, JUST ONE seems to have gotten help with this by not being quiet about it and refusing to take NO for an answer when SE customer support said he was the only one. There are MANY users having this issue, and MANY threads about it, so how is it that SE tech support doesnt know about it? Are they not watching the forums, or are they simply turning a blind eye to the situation thinking that it is only a few users, and that we do not matter, because we are the minority? We as SE customers need to stand up and let them know exactly what is happening, how many users are facing this issue, and that we will not stand for being pushed asside and ignored. I have been a loyal SE customer for many years and have always loved the games, and the levels of service that I have recieved but I am really disappointed with the level of service that I have recieved in this matter. I have had a ticket in for around 5 days, and on the second day after submitting the ticket I recieved an email saying that it had been received and I should hear more in 24 hours now two days after that I still have had no word on this matter.

If you are having having any issues with cloud sync please post here and let everyone in the SE community know that you are having the issue, this way perhaps we can show SE that it is NOT just one or two of us with the issue.

Sothar

AyaFarron
27th Aug 2012, 17:13
I'm having this issue as well as several friends I know who bought the game. Pretty ridiculous. They're certainly no Nintendo customer service, that's for sure.

TheSothar-304745
28th Aug 2012, 01:16
honestly Ive never had to call nintendo customer service, but they certainly arent Playstation support at the moment.

member_10472489
29th Aug 2012, 17:01
So, I just got off the phone and they know some have the issue but they have no idea why. Also about the Random Member name ie "member_39886429876" I was told its a back end thing and you have a "fake" European account. I signed in with the NA SE account which I was told to do.

They gentlemen was very nice but, he could only escalate the issue as he had NO SOLUTION! I find this unexceptable for a release and I still can't save to the cloud.

infectedmite
29th Aug 2012, 23:51
I want to start by saying this may not be classed correctly, if not I am sorry. I could not think of anywhere else to post this where it might get the attention of the SE staff.

Many of us who are playing the new re-release of FFVII on the PC specifically purchased the game because of the updates. Updates such as the character editing capabilities, and the cloud servers where we are able to play our games on someone elses PC as long as we are able to log in. However, MANY of us are unable to do this because of sync failures. When this occures we are no longer able to make use of the character editing capabilities because we are unable to sync. Myself, and many others have called in for support, and have submitted support tickets, only to be told that we are the only ones having this issue. ONE person, JUST ONE seems to have gotten help with this by not being quiet about it and refusing to take NO for an answer when SE customer support said he was the only one. There are MANY users having this issue, and MANY threads about it, so how is it that SE tech support doesnt know about it? Are they not watching the forums, or are they simply turning a blind eye to the situation thinking that it is only a few users, and that we do not matter, because we are the minority? We as SE customers need to stand up and let them know exactly what is happening, how many users are facing this issue, and that we will not stand for being pushed asside and ignored. I have been a loyal SE customer for many years and have always loved the games, and the levels of service that I have recieved but I am really disappointed with the level of service that I have recieved in this matter. I have had a ticket in for around 5 days, and on the second day after submitting the ticket I recieved an email saying that it had been received and I should hear more in 24 hours now two days after that I still have had no word on this matter.

If you are having having any issues with cloud sync please post here and let everyone in the SE community know that you are having the issue, this way perhaps we can show SE that it is NOT just one or two of us with the issue.

Sothar

Can confirm my g/f cannot get her saves either. She had to perform a full system restore and after installing the game. It just keeps saying it has failed to sync. She has pretty much lost all her saves. So much for "cloud" saves.

Krye07
30th Aug 2012, 09:25
So utterly confused... Click on Save and all the SaveGame options are gray. Help?

tabbwabb
30th Aug 2012, 13:39
So for the past 6 days, I've been getting the message "Unable to sync files. Your progress will only be saved locally." everytime I saved my game. I figured this was probably a bad sign, so I left FF7 open 24/7 in fear of losing my save files. However, I died in a battle. When I reloaded, "Continue?" was completely grayed out. When I test remote sync in the settings panel, it says ok, and yet all of my saves are apparently gone. Now, as of this morning, whenever I hit the "Play" button, my game immediately crashes with a message of FF7_EN.exe has stopped working.

Has anyone experienced either of these issues? Got any advice on things I can try? Or any advice on how to get Square to respond to tickets? I've had two open since my save issue started 6 days ago. :(

Nitroecc-344536
30th Aug 2012, 15:14
I just wanted to play the game again after a long day of work so i start it up and get the "Failed to synch save files, your progression will only be..." error ......... and now i have nothing ...... no local save games nothing all i can do is start a new game ..... the SE folder in my profile only has two files in it achievement.dat and metadata.xml ...... and now ?

Do i have to start all over again or is there a way to get my savegame from the cloud somehow ?

infectedmite
30th Aug 2012, 18:38
Unfortunately I cannot offer any advice but I can say your not alone. My girlfriend had to perform a system restore and now the game keeps failing to sync her saves so she has effectively lost them. So much for "cloud" saves. I don't know what the deal is but I've never had any issues getting saves off of Steam's cloud. Needless to say but FFVII is her favorite game of all time and she is absolutely heart broken she lost her saves. It feels me with disgust SE effectively sold a broken product.

afnepipe1980-312363
30th Aug 2012, 20:54
I got home today ready to play, but I find that my files are not saved. I lost almost 20 days playing.
I need help to recover my saved games.

sheatsm
30th Aug 2012, 21:17
I just found all my saves for the last 12 hours of play or so totally corrupted. I don't know if I have it in me try again. I'm pretty pissed off.

FFL2and3rocks
30th Aug 2012, 21:21
Sometimes it takes a minute if it can't connect to the cloud. Just wait.

TheSothar-304745
31st Aug 2012, 10:21

Sothar

Can confirm my g/f cannot get her saves either. She had to perform a full system restore and after installing the game. It just keeps saying it has failed to sync. She has pretty much lost all her saves. So much for "cloud" saves.

I havent played in several days, and now Im afraid to. what I suggest is calling them I will see if I can find the number and post it here they should be able to do something to let you get them back. if you become able to save again I suggest backing up your save files, make a folder on your desktop and any time they vanish be sure to just make a copy of them back into the correct folder that way you never lose your saves again. I am about ready to start posting everywhere that people should not buy the game till the bugs are worked out, because I have been waiting over a week for them to get back to me about this issue and havent heard a thing it is really starting to upset me that they care so little about their customers that they cannot take the time to fix the issues that are known.

sanjosel
31st Aug 2012, 22:07
I have somehow solved the Cloud Save Issues.

I was playing in 2 computers under the same account at 2 different locations.

Computer A: 50 Minutes

Computer B: 180 Minutes.

My save games wouldn't sync.

Solution.

Computer B

Opened the website finalfantasyviipc.com (http://finalfantasyviipc.com/) entered the game as well and after saving the game "180 Minutes" Pressed F5

then in Computer A: logged into the website, and I saw 50 mins, after pressing f5, i got the time of comp B, and also synced my save games.

Kind of amateur, because they are using some kind of protection IP based, but this is causing a major impact on the cloud save and syncing as well.

Finally I opened my game in my home computer "Comp A" n I got the 3 hours of game that didn't want to sync.

I hope this helps.

At least from now on, I'll only play from my home computer. I am sure If I open a the game in another computer, it will sync the empty file.

good luck.

skipdog172
1st Sep 2012, 01:19
I am 100% unable to save or load my saved games and this started a couple hours ago. I have no issues with anything else network-wise. I also quite frequently have to wait 30 seconds-1 minute to save the game. Sometimes it sits there and won't let me save locally at all(like it has been doing for the last 2 hours). Now I had to quit the game and abandon an hour of progress(because it wouldn't let me save at all). I'm currently unable to do anything but start a new game(Continue is greyed out). The fact that I can't use a local save is beyond my comprehension. Oh yeah and I'm also stuck at this 'new game/continue' screen as there is no option to exit without loading an existing game. I'll have to end it with task manager. What a joke this is..

I PAID FOR THIS GAME LET ME PLAY IT. No wonder people pirate, they get a better game for FREE.

I'm wondering if I can get a refund. This is unbearable and frustrating beyond words.

Oh and I've already purchased this game on the playstation and love it to death. It's my favorite single player RPG of all time and I beat it every couple years. Just so sad that I can't even do something basic like SAVE/LOAD my game. Trying to support Square and hope they ever return to the best rpg combat system ever. Had no idea when I purchased this that I'd be at the mercy of Square's servers to be able to play at all. Crazy stuff... Does this mean I can't even play it on my laptop without an internet connection at all? Seems like the local saves barely work.

TheProgramer
1st Sep 2012, 08:13
I made some signficant progress in the game Final Fantasy VII yesterday (8/31). When I went to load it this morning, my saves were reverted to previous saves. I lost hours worth of progress. What do I do?

BigMikes
5th Sep 2012, 19:08
Same thing happened to me!! I contacted Square NA and they said they are working on the problem on their end, and that I should just keep trying to play the game as usual. It was syncing for me just fine for a week after I bought it, then all of a sudden it started "failing to sync." been like that ever since. Makes char booster useless.

Ladiefeather
6th Sep 2012, 13:36
Can't save in FFVII? If not, then whats the point? Must I finish the whole game before I turn it off? Or how about just leaving it running in the background for the next 4 months? If I can't save then I want a refund. I'll go back to my MMOs

greatgregx-363176
6th Sep 2012, 14:00
i just bought it also and i can't sve

Xeon1688-372305
6th Sep 2012, 14:10
Pretty pathetic! Such a good company too and its going to hell!

Eagle_Ghost-146414
6th Sep 2012, 14:12
Yes, you can save, im guessing you mean the re release of VII. You need to go to a save point in order to save. Its a shiny blue color, and looks like a question mark. The first one I believe is at the core of the reactor, just before you plant the bomb. You open the menu and save when you stand still on the save point. The game actually has cloud saving and 15 slots.

tuw
6th Sep 2012, 14:14
they dont mean they dont know how to save. they mean that the network error is not allowing for us to start where we left off

Eagle_Ghost-146414
6th Sep 2012, 14:21
Oh I see lol, my bad :( *embarrassment. I wasnt aware, I hav'nt played it in a while. Just went on now, and it doesnt seem to let me save either.

Again sorry, I didnt realize. Some of my friends have actually asked how to physically save lol :D They are to used to auto save.

I suppose it is nothing to worry about, its a problem for square to resolve so I guess we just have to wait.

greatgregx-363176
6th Sep 2012, 14:22
i know how ****en save i bought final fantasy on ps1 the first day it came out the **** just not working

SusanooEyes
First time wanting to play FF7 again in a bit, was wondering if I was the only one..

lefox
It has been working fine. And now I can't play the damn game I paid money for, would it really have broke the system to also save to your computer. If my game is erased I better be getting my money back, even if it was 10 dollars.

Xeon1688-372305
6th Sep 2012, 14:23
Yes, you can save, im guessing you mean the re release of VII. You need to go to a save point in order to save. Its a shiny blue color, and looks like a question mark. The first one I believe is at the core of the reactor, just before you plant the bomb. You open the menu and save when you stand still on the save point. The game actually has cloud saving and 15 slots.

Yes we know how to save lol... We are talking about how suddenly we go there and it says "Failed to sync save files" then we can't save anything at all. I better not lose any progress up til where I am because if I do.. I quit trying with **** companies not knowing what the hell they are doing.

SusanooEyes
6th Sep 2012, 14:25

Yes we know how to save lol... We are talking about how suddenly we go there and it says "Failed to sync save files" then we can't save anything at all. I better not lose any progress up til where I am because if I do.. I quit trying with **** companies not knowing what the hell they are doing.

I just don't understand why it doesn't save the file to the computer also. Yeah, there may be save editors, but obviously it stops things like this from having people complain about it.

Xeon1688-372305
6th Sep 2012, 14:26
It has been working fine. And now I can't play the damn game I paid money for, would it really have broke the system to also save to your computer. If my game is erased I better be getting my money back, even if it was 10 dollars.

I don't care if it was 5 dollars. This should not be happening at all and I bet you they don't even care about it at all. They got their money so now they are taking time to relax and enjoy their time solving the issue. Happens with every "money hungry" company today.

Xeon1688-372305
6th Sep 2012, 14:30

I just don't understand why it doesn't save the file to the computer also. Yeah, there may be save editors, but obviously it stops things like this from having people complain about it.

And I just got Aeris too and such. I'm still close to the beginning but those reactors are a pain to do. Anyone know how to get Cloud into a girl costume again? Or should I just print out a walkthrough? LOL

tekunetsu
6th Sep 2012, 14:30
I feel the same way. If they don't fix it by today, I'm sending an email demanding a refund.

IHATECLOUDSAVES24
6th Sep 2012, 14:35
I turn on FF7 today because I just finished with the Temple of the Ancients and I'm about to finish the first major part of the game.

Unfortunately, my saves are missing. All of them. It says I can't sync to the cloud, but these saves aren't local either?

Is my save game gone for good???

And hey Squeenix, WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU PUT THIS "FEATURE" INTO THE GAME? It's caused nothing but headaches. Nobody needs to back up their files with you. You're proving right now why people should be able to have their own files on their own machine, and not have to sync them to your stupid cloud. I just want to PLAY THE GAME THAT I PAID FOR. Without having to redo the last 20 hours or so. Thanks

greatgregx-363176
6th Sep 2012, 14:36
square you can make mmorpgs that save auto, you can make games that save on my ps3, but your telling me you can't make saves for my 14 year old final fantasy 7 game? how is a 14 year old game more complex then something you just came out with. Of all the features to update you decided let me update your save feature???? wait wait but then on top of updating the save feature you broke it??? with all the video game coders you have at square. are you telling me you can't spare just one to fix my save issues???

IHATECLOUDSAVES24
6th Sep 2012, 14:41
Yeah! I just posted an annoyed thread right before this one. I'm like 20 hours into the game and it's all gone, and I don't know if I'll be able to get it back because I can't connect to their stupid cloud.

IHATECLOUDSAVES24
6th Sep 2012, 14:47
TRY THIS!

Right click on the FF7 shortcut on your desktop, and Run as Administrator. For whatever reason, it downloaded my saves this time

Xeon1688-372305
6th Sep 2012, 14:50
I feel the same way. If they don't fix it by today, I'm sending an email demanding a refund.

Good, you should demand a refund! Because this is bull**** that we spend money on a game and not even halfway through it, it causes an error to save. Nice way to show how much you care Square Enix! Why not go team up with Blizzard Entertainment because it seems your attitude is just the same as theirs?

Xeon1688-372305
6th Sep 2012, 14:55
TRY THIS!

Right click on the FF7 shortcut on your desktop, and Run as Administrator. For whatever reason, it downloaded my saves this time

Not for me it did not work. How do you do the Cloud saves?

dankert92
6th Sep 2012, 15:03
If anyone can post when and if the cloud is back up so every one knows they can play again would be great.

Xeon1688-372305
6th Sep 2012, 15:09
If anyone can post when and if the cloud is back up so every one knows they can play again would be great.

Agreed!

shawngmyers
6th Sep 2012, 15:10
I can't load my saved game?? Im hours in and Im fully aware of the stupid online save feature. but I have been trying to play this game alllll day and can't even load my save game now. INTERNET CONNECTION IS PERFECT WTF square. This is the most redicoulous feature ever. Why did i spend 10 dolloars on this? i could have downloaded the Fan remake with better models for free.... /sigh/

Relix
6th Sep 2012, 15:16
If you press play, wait for like 30-40 seconds on the new game/continue screen. A message will come that you can only save local and the continue option will become availale with your save files

Relix
6th Sep 2012, 15:19
<table class="mb_thread_posts_table" cellspacing="0" id="mb_thread_posts_table">
<tbody id="mb_thread_posts_table_tbody">
<tr class="onePostCreatorsTierBody ">
<td class="mb_t_p_t_post alternate-row">

If you press play, wait for like 30-40 seconds on the new game/continue screen. A message will come that you can only save local and the continue option will become availale with your save files

The saves are also saved locally on your pc, but your connection to the cloud needs to be timed out before you can acces them ...

</td>
</tr>
<tr class="mbQuickReplyRow">
<td align="center" colspan="2">

<a name="quickReply_523870375"></a>

</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

jonnyp723
6th Sep 2012, 15:24
Thank You Jeroen. That was helpful for me as well.

Ladiefeather
6th Sep 2012, 15:33

I don't care if it was 5 dollars. This should not be happening at all and I bet you they don't even care about it at all. They got their money so now they are taking time to relax and enjoy their time solving the issue. Happens with every "money hungry" company today.

I saved my game twice, going to blow up the reactor and leaving in a hurry. I shut the game off, went back, no saved game. For some reason I am not syncing. It says "error" when I test. I'm not a computer expert so I have no idea what the problem is. All I know is I can't save and if I can't save the game it is worthless. I have read in the forums about saving files, moving files and such. You shouldn't have to know how to hack a game that you pay for in order to play it.

tmelius
6th Sep 2012, 17:12
I'm also in the same boat. As long as I can play the game i'll be alright but it would be awesome if it worked correctly

dav3yb-301582
6th Sep 2012, 17:47
It seems as if the cloud servers they use are just up and down constantly. quite annoying. ill be going on vacation in about a month, so i've got the game installed on a smaller pc i plan to take in the event we get some down time. the game runs great, but i need my saves to sync up so i can have those.

square has really messed this up. i'll be sad if they choose to use this same distribution method if they re-release ff8 pc.

alsk911
6th Sep 2012, 17:50
grr...da ff7 was synced ok yesterday...no fun...

dav3yb-301582
6th Sep 2012, 17:51
So im curious to know if there is any way to check and see if the cloud sync server is actually up or not. Is there some kind of status page for it?

Currently, i cannot sync my games, and the network test errors out. But it would be nice if there were some real answer as to if its up or not, or if SE cares about it at all.

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 18:05
That 30-40 seconds isn't exactly fun to wait every time you save/load your game. Why didn't put an option to save local only? Stupid internet-age, server sync-errors and ****.

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 18:12
I think that EU and NA servers are both down at the moment. Nobody has access to their cloudsaves. Square has not yet adressed this issue, not in NA at least that i know of.

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 18:32
I also would like to know when the servers will be back up. This problem is SO common that i don't think the problem is on users end this time.

sinsterurge
6th Sep 2012, 18:42
Down for me as well. NA server.

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 18:52
Okay. So i hear the Square EU has stated that this is a known problem. Saw this info on another thread so it might not be true. I can confirm that the EU servers are still down. Does anyone know about the asian/japanese server status? Just want to know if this is indeed a global problem.

sinsterurge
6th Sep 2012, 19:03
Thi is a bunch of crap, everything about this game from purchasing it to playing it is a PITA.

skyechan
6th Sep 2012, 19:25
Pretty sure it just means the server is down for whatever reason at the moment. I've been playing for a few weeks now and am on Disc 2. We had this issue a few weeks ago and it ended up that the save server was just having issues. Try again tomorrow and just wait on the save screen for the ability to save locally in the meantime.

If you need to transfer your save to another computer before then, try copying the "save(#).ff7" file to the other computer. On my computer my save file is located under "My Documents -> Square Enix -> FINAL FANTASY VII -> user_(my user number here)".

reapernight9
6th Sep 2012, 19:39
Down here as well, when will the probs for this game end?

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 19:58
The servers are trolling me. I just tried the connection with the launchers "Test" button and it showed okay. Then i tried to load the game it said it cannot connect.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif Now the "Test" button shows only errors and i have lost my achievements according to the laucher. God this is starting to piss me off...

TyanColte
6th Sep 2012, 20:13
Down here also, figures that as soon as I learn of the character booster and want to check it out (not particularily use it) the server goes down and none of my saves can be seen on the server.

I'm playing local save only (which is working just fine) I'm also keeping my save backed up (C:\Users\<username>\My Documents\Square Enix\Final Fantasy VII\USER_#####\save##.ff7)(<---Win7Pro x64) just in case the server decides to download my old saves back to my computer and overwrite my current progress...

[Highlight for spoiler --->(b4 north cave final battle grinding my characters :P) <--- Highlight for spoiler]

I could probably find out what the server that the game is trying to query by using wireshark and whip up a quick program to check the status of said server. If anybody is interested let me know.

cloud4u2
6th Sep 2012, 20:15
right now people buying the rerelease are not even able to download the game. thats how messed up the whole site is i guess

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 20:20
That would be very much appreciated. And that backup-thing might be useful too. Never thought of that before. Thanks! http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

sinsterurge
6th Sep 2012, 20:23
That would be very much appreciated. And that backup-thing might be useful too. Never thought of that before. Thanks!

I too would appreciate such a program

TyanColte
6th Sep 2012, 20:37
Ok, I'll get right on that as soon as I murder all the housefiles taking refuge from the storm outside on my television.

alsk911
6th Sep 2012, 20:47
NA sync still not work...idk what happened...but isn't there...

sinsterurge
6th Sep 2012, 20:52
Ok, I'll get right on that as soon as I murder all the housefiles taking refuge from the storm outside on my television.

Let us know if you need anything from us.

TyanColte
6th Sep 2012, 21:05

Let us know if you need anything from us.

Nothing but a question at the moment, have i been playing FF7 too long when I hear the battle victory gingle play in my head every time I kill a few flies at a time? Just wondering?

BTW

Working on it now, decided to make a php webpage for it so that way anybody can use it.

member_10441036
6th Sep 2012, 21:24
You can always just save under a new spot thus it can not over writehttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-tongue-out.gif Thats what I do. Especially because of the cloud sync, they may see a old save with a new save and possible delete your entire account. But to each their own. Good luck 61 hours so far average about 2-3 a day, OOOOO the quad majic glitch still works, made a different save because of that one , bwahahahahahaha

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 21:26
Sounds very promising. The victory fanfare i meanhttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif Keep us posted on the... aah... square-server-receiver-scanner-webpage?

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 21:34
Be warned that when the servers are back up they might overwrite your savefile with the older one in the server. I suggest you make another save in a different save-slot just in case.

EarlyExecuter
6th Sep 2012, 21:38
Sadly, thanks to this stupid error of a sort. "Remote Sync Failed" .. I lost all my saved progress after working so hard. Hopefully this changes soon. Has any pinpointed the problem?

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 21:58
Sadly, thanks to this stupid error of a sort. "Remote Sync Failed" .. I lost all my saved progress after working so hard. Hopefully this changes soon. Has any pinpointed the problem?

Sad to hear that. Nobody knows what the exact problem is, but it's global. My guess is that they are doing maintenance on the servers.

TyanColte
6th Sep 2012, 22:08
Guys i'm worried, I finally found the address that the FF7_Launcher.exe checks to see whether save file syncing is working or not. and according to my network statstics software, the server is up and the port it uses is open.

This is the server I've come up with.

ec2-50-19-236-143.compute-1.amazonaws.com:https

OR

50.19.236.143:443

I"m flabbergasted! As a certified network technician all signs point to the server being up and running. Now this doesn't mean that whatever software they're using on said server isn't working, or that it's something to that effect. Or maybe i'm looking at the wrong server. All I know is that there shouldn't be any network communication problems between our clients and the actual server itself. Sorry guess we're just going to have to ride this one out.

Square Enix hurry and do whatever it is you're doing on your end. And GET OFF AMAZON WEB HOSTING FOR YOUR CLOUD SYNCING SERVICES.

This is Chris BTW, just changed my DisplayName to what it should've been in the first place.

Clouder90
6th Sep 2012, 22:24
Amazon web hosting... You got to be kidding me. I really thought that they would host their own servers, being a big corporation and all.

This is odd because what i have been able to gather, ALL launchers are suffering the same problem simultaneusly. And if the servers are running, there are only two possibilities.

1. There is a timed connection wrecker coded in to the launcher

2. The last update broke the damn thing.http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

Well, thanks for the effort Chris/TyanColte. I really hope they will fix the problem soon.

TyanColte
6th Sep 2012, 22:31
Amazon web hosting... You got to be kidding me. I really thought that they would host their own servers, being a big corporation and all.

This is odd because what i have been able to gather, ALL launchers are suffering the same problem simultaneusly. And if the servers are running, there are only two possibilities.

1. There is a timed connection wrecker coded in to the launcher

2. The last update broke the damn thing.

Well, thanks for the effort Chris/TyanColte. I really hope they will fix the problem soon.

Yea no problem, I guess there's no need for that webpage now. I'm going to go back and finish grinding my characters for the final battle. Almost won it last night, but i failed and only had one char alive on the final boss' last attack before dying. Ironically I got the Omnislash achievement right as I game over-ed. LOL

sinsterurge
6th Sep 2012, 23:19
Wow, amazon webhosting? I can say at this point that I am not surprised. Every bit of this rereleased game seems to be farmed out to one group or another with Square Enix doing as little as possible beyond collecting our $10. I sure am glad it was only $10.

Unless the last update was between last night and this morning I don't think it was an update that broke the game.

Are the servers refusing connections?

MicroThePirate-370018
7th Sep 2012, 01:17
How often are these servers going down? This whole fiasco is quite reminiscent of the Diablo III launch, except with a much smaller user base. Any estimates on how long it's going to take SE to stop repeating history?

MetricCloud-370482
7th Sep 2012, 04:25
Any Idea How Much Longer This Will Last? Its Just A Massive Letdown.

skyechan
7th Sep 2012, 05:13
Any Idea How Much Longer This Will Last? Its Just A Massive Letdown.

*massive shrug* I'm just another player like you all.

sinsterurge
7th Sep 2012, 06:42
Servers seem to be up now.

Clouder90
7th Sep 2012, 12:47
Yes they are! Finally things can go back to normal.