PDA

View Full Version : FFVII Saving - Question and Issues

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Jpn2kSE-374465
7th Sep 2012, 15:47
I am having this issue as well. There are many threads of people having the same problems in forums of popular sites like gamefaqs, etc. I actually lost all of my trophies and saved games (all of the saves disappeared) after I logged out and logged back in.

Jpn2kSE-374465
7th Sep 2012, 15:52
There are many threads of people having the same problems in forums of popular sites like gamefaqs, etc. The game keep saying the sync failed even though I was connected to the internet just fine. I actually lost all of my trophies and saved games (all of the saves disappeared, even the ones that successfully synced at one point in time) after I logged out and logged back in. Everything is gone now and I only have the option to start a new game at the main screen.

Jpn2kSE-374465
7th Sep 2012, 16:01
I lost all of my trophies and saved games (all of the saves disappeared, even the ones that successfully synced at one point in time) after I logged out and logged back in, thinking that would resolve the sync failure issue. Everything is gone now and I only have the option to start a new game at the main screen.

boski-grzechu-254667
8th Sep 2012, 03:38
Cloud sync works again, even with old broken saves!

Naedtrax
9th Sep 2012, 06:36
Is this working as intended??

I am constantly between home and my gf's house and am unable to play a save if it's from another computer, even if the system does "sync"

I have tried deleting local saves(which the location is not there for whatever reason) and the only file in App data/virtual store/square enix/ff7 is app.log and nothing else, so i can't even manually transfer saves between computers.

It's becoming really damn annoying when all i want to do is pick up where i left off and am unable to do so.

Any help would be appreciated

Clouder90
10th Sep 2012, 01:16
Try reinstalling the game, play and save, and then check if there are any folders or files other than app.log. There should be at least three folders and five or six files, including app.log.

If that does not work, next time after you play and save, go to your online profile from the launcher and see if it shows you save file correctly. Then next time you are on another computer, go to your profile again from the launcher. If it shows the same save profile on both computers.

Do that and we have something to work with. Also what OS are you using on both computers?

ItsLeonTV
10th Sep 2012, 09:52
I am having this exact same problem!

Twice my save games have reverted back to old saves and i have lost SIGNIFICANT progress.

This is a ridiculous bug that needs fixing asap.

BigMikes
11th Sep 2012, 18:42
Alright guys, hopped on the game and they started syncing again no prob. Working like a charm now. Guess it really was on Square's end, eh? Anyone else still having issues?

rolandrayon
11th Sep 2012, 22:46
went to play ff7 40 hours worth of game saves is gone pls fix this it says I have no game saves.
what do I do to fix this?

well relogged in got 4 saves back but know I only have 14 hours worth of progress...................pls fix/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

AyaFarron
12th Sep 2012, 17:30
Mine are now syncing too. Of course 24 hours after I cave in and just buy the Playstation Store version...

Windridge
12th Sep 2012, 23:51
i started playing, and i made a mistake. since there isnt a load option i quit and tried to reload
only to find out all my saved data is gone

tekunetsu
13th Sep 2012, 13:17
So I love how everyone threatening to demand a refund is what it took for them to fix the problem lol. Although thinking about it, they might have turned off the ability to save so they could fix the problem lol. Of course, if that were the case, where was the damn email saying, "Don't play durring these hours because we are fixing our ****-ups"?

SuperLikeNintendo
13th Sep 2012, 22:12
Hey All,

There's been some hoopla regarding saved files (Local) disappearing.

If you happened to back it up and need to load from there here's how you do it:

Place the backed up file, Right Click it, hit Proprties, and cCheck the Box that says "Read Only". This will inhibit the clients ability to delete it.

After that, move it to the following folder - C:\Users\FixySLN\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\user_XXXX

Open the game, and you should now be able to load the game save.

Make sure you uncheck that box on the save file after you get into game, and then save the game as well. This will ensure you don't screw up Cloud Saves...assuming your is working...while mine isn't.

Hope this helps,

SuperLikeNintendo

sharding
14th Sep 2012, 17:35
Hello Inhyuk,

Can you please advise if this issue still occurs? If so we might need to gather some information about your system before looking into this issue. Please let us know if its still crashing after you save to the cloud and we'll see what we can do to help you out.

Thanks!

sharding
14th Sep 2012, 18:44
Hello Clinton,

Are you still experiencing issues with saves? Is there a specific error message that pops up when you try to save or does it simply not respond?

Thanks!

dundain
15th Sep 2012, 11:08
When I go to the save spot question mark in the game and select save it won't let me complete the save? Does anyone have a fix?

I have had the same issue, it says there are no save files. I think this is due to the "cloud save" system, when I refresh my network connection the save files download and I can save.

To refresh just alt+tab out of FFVII, click on your network indcator and hit trouble shoot. The connection will go through a refresh and you should be able to alt+tab back into FFVII and save.

Alphabrain
15th Sep 2012, 17:31
In my case refreshing network doesnt work. I'm stuck here after about 1hour of unsaved gameplay and the loading the save screen does nothing, save option remains greyed out. (I'm currrently alt-tabbed from game so this is in real time lol, as you see im online posting). Im thinking it's a problem on their side....there should be an option to save your game while being offline anyway (or offline game mode as I get that the main idea was to load your game from anywhere but still)

DJMagus
15th Sep 2012, 23:27
I just experienced this. For whatever reason, the game wasn't connecting to the cloud network. When there have been issues with connectivity in the past, the game allowed me to save locally. This time, I had to exit the game (much to my unhappiness as I had not saved in awhile). I did a network test, and it lingered at "Checking." It never connected or failed to connect. I closed the game completely, then restarted it. Lo and behold, everything was working again. I don't know what caused this problem, but I hope it doesn't happen again. I've already had to deal with issues with crashing in Midgar.

UPDATE: It just happened again, a couple hours later. It had been saving regularly. I went into town to buy some items, left the town to save again, and it didn't work. The save slots remained unlit, and no network connectivity message popped up. My computer has been connected to the net this entire time. Had to close it out again. Between the crashes and my inability to save, I am dissatisfied with this product.

deandip87-350909
16th Sep 2012, 03:53
I've had this happened to me just now for the past few hours. There's no message saying anything about syncing files when I try to save and just leaving it on the save screen for a long time doesn't help; it just only has grayed out save sections. Internet works fine, and I obviously can connect to here. I even went through the trouble of opening the required ports except for 1024-65535 tcp, which is just ridiculous, but did do 50000-65535 for both tcp and udp. Oddly enough and luckily while I am typing this right now, the save files have been sync'd message popped up and I was able to save just now, which is nice because I really did not want to lose all the progress I've done, but there was no reason on my end why it couldn't have worked earlier.

tallonz
17th Sep 2012, 00:10
I think you need to control + alt + delete and force shutdown the FF7 launcher. Try that.

chooga321
20th Sep 2012, 01:25
So I can't save...! Anybody know the solution???

Clasbyte-403136
21st Sep 2012, 09:59
Salve,

yesterday happend something wonderfull. I was traveling and played ff7 the re remake on my laptop.
After i got home i thought hey i got enough time for 1-2 quick battles in ff7 on my pc. Started it up,
it said saves have been sync so i hit the save slot to load hit and i am instantly confused, becaus the saves i have seen,
have been the ones from start of the week!

The cloud has overwritten the newer saves with older ones. My question is what sort of seasoned programmer
makes such a mistake to leave a glitch like that in a cloud system?

Oh and where have i access to the cloud storage so i can delete files finally if i dont want or need them anymore?

brgds

CB

soosmna
23rd Sep 2012, 12:49
I have been really busy these last couple weeks and havent been able to play. But as I logged on this morning all my data was gone. I checked my online profile and it showed that I have never played the game. No achievments, no games, absolutley nothing. Did I miss something these last couple weeks?

He-Mullet
23rd Sep 2012, 18:07
I'm pretty much in the same boat! I played yesterday and now NOTHING!! No saves, no achievements, nothing!! What's goign on!?

Ice2CU-366547
26th Sep 2012, 22:16
I had to format my whole system so I backed everything up, or so I thought, and reinstalled the game. It did not backup the save file. I figured that since I have my cloud saves it would just sync back into my game. Nothing. Checked my profile. No achievements, nothing!

RedMageBill
27th Sep 2012, 17:03
When I tried to play the game just now all my saved data seems to have disappeared since last night. I also seem to be unable to sync to the external data storage.

Edit: Ok, when my game could actually sync up, my data is back, and the finalfantasyviipc.com/en/profile/XXXXXX (http://finalfantasyviipc.com/en/profile/XXXXXX) page is also displaying the correct information, where it was blank earlier. I am guessing the external server was down briefly.

He-Mullet
27th Sep 2012, 21:49
My data came back... I guess it must have been a server issue.

NiRCro
30th Sep 2012, 14:52
The problem is Square has failed miserably trying to fix something that wasn't broken. I play FFVII (The greatest game ever developed) on my computer, that's it. I have _zero_ need or use for a cloud saving system, especially a broken one that I'm forced to use. Is it too difficult to, I don't know, give your users a CHOICE, Square? This game is 15 years old, and the 'modernized' remake is WORSE than the original--what an impression.

Apart from being a P.O.S. when it comes to saving and loading, there is also the chance that the cloud can overwrite your saves with older ones! Hoo-ray! For those interested, here's a fix. You're welcome, Square, for providing a ghetto fix for a problem that never should have been. I have never been so disappointed in a company in my life.

This solution (as outlined) only works in Windows Vista/7. For older Windows, the only change you'll need to make is with the directories where your saves are located.

1. Find where your saves are located. On Vista/7, this will be C:\users\[username]\My Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\user_423679\

NOTE** The final folder, "user_423679", is probably variable. The number following "user_" may be different on your computer.

2. Create a folder to save your backups to, for this example I'll use C:\FFVII_BK.

3. Open notepad and type:

COPY /V /A /B "C:\...\FINAL FANTASY VII\user_423679\*" "C:\FFVII_BK"

NOTE** Make sure the directories are enclosed in single or double quotes.

4. Save this as EXPORT.BAT

5. Switch the directories, i.e...

COPY /V /A /B "C:\FFVII_BK" "C:\...\FINAL FANTASY VII\user_423679\*"

6. Save this as IMPORT.BAT

Now, to deal with Square's incompetency, simply run EXPORT.BAT every time you close the game. If you enter the game to find your saves have been overwritten, close out of the game, run IMPORT.BAT, and try, try again. It may be ugly, but it's something.

Square Enix, you suck and I hate you. Throw this ill-conceived, piece of utter garbage cloud saving system in the trash where it belongs.

neo200080
1st Oct 2012, 17:42
hi anyone knows how to fix this thing is I was playing ff7
and my internet will save the game fell to pay the computer and when trying to refresh my games will not let me stay in the gray continue button and uninstall and install him again and nothing tells me synchronization error

tigeraid
2nd Oct 2012, 22:37
ARRRRRGH this is driving me nuts.

Like many of you, I blocked the remote save game server so that my game would only save locally. It's been going fine for over a month, and now I'm maybe a bit past the halfway point of the game... And I go to start the game one day and now it won't load any of my save files! They're still there in the Documents\Squarewhatever folder... The game still tries to load the remote data, and then fails and says it will use the local files... but the "Continue" option stays greyed out! The game just won't acknowledge my save files anymore. Anyone have this problem yet?

Matthewicus-436342
7th Oct 2012, 00:44
I agree with the post above. Cloud Saves is retardedly idiotic.

jackalista-440266
8th Oct 2012, 19:32
can you make a video explaning this method more mate? Couldn't agree more btw! Just getting more and more pissed off how I have to wait 3days a go before I get acess to my save. Even though it's saying it's connected to the network "ok" and syncing saves when I get to save points. Although it's not actually chaning the memory slot from grey?

jackalista-440266
8th Oct 2012, 20:10
I know you can create a "local" save instead of relying on the servers but I'm trying to save my game at save point's and when I click save on a memory slot it simply says "no data" and remains grey? while in the top left corner it says files synced to server. When i reload the game up after closing it the save no longer exsists (if it ever did). So can I save locally instead of having to save to server? and how do I then load the local save? (EU server incase people need it)

tigeraid
8th Oct 2012, 23:24
So not only have I not received a response here on the forum to my problem, but I submitted a trouble ticket for it through Square's tech support. The response I received, after having already bought, paid for, downloaded and PLAYED the game for over a month, was that this NEW GAME RELEASED ONLY A FEW MONTHS AGO IS INCOMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS 7 AND WINDOWS XP!? THEN WHY DID YOU RELEASE IT!?

So here I am, over halfway through the game, and completely unable to play it. And they're ignoring my repeated requests for help via email and tech support. Way to go Square.

member_10377012
9th Oct 2012, 05:41
Same issue here. I wish the cloud save feature could be disabled for those who don't need it. N's method above works but it's crude and kind of a silly workaround. It also doesn't address situations where you can't save or load for a few minutes because of cloud syncing issues.

NiRCro-423679
9th Oct 2012, 13:52
@czarship: I didn't say it was an all-out patch for the game, and proclaimed it a ghetto fix myself. With that said, it's still better than nothing and can help you recover your files which would otherwise be lost, so, there you have it. If you have a better fix, then by all means, let us know.

@kaclallasta: I'm afraid I don't have any capability to do so. But if you tell me where you're struggling I can offer some help.

GriDey
10th Oct 2012, 16:34
Long story short: i have FF7 on my home PC and my work PC. On my home PC i am at ~60h's of play time. However do to bad wifi my games starting saving locally at home. So last night i did cable connection with my internet to update my local saves to the internet. But today i come in to work and the save's have not synced properly from my local to the cloud.
So my question is how should i save my local saves to the network so they are the same on both PC's?

And just a quick 2c on my behalf, this icloud save is bad, even with strong connection i have had to wait up to 2h's before i could sync and save.

Midshipman
11th Oct 2012, 13:27
I am having the exact same issue. Every time I save the game (which saves correctly at least) the game crashes back to windows when I try to back out of the save menu.

prawdaeh
20th Oct 2012, 18:46
This is bull...it's a single player game through and through. The only reason to connect to the internet is DRM and achievements. I don't need cloud saves, and your crappy cloud save system refuses to allow me to save without disconnecting from the internet half the time.

PLEASE make cloud saves optional.. I only play this on ONE computer.. making your failure of a "feature" USELESS and even if i did play on more than computer it's NOT WORTH the effort of trying to deal with your crappy cloud save server. Yay...it finally d/led the TINY save files after 10 minutes.

If i wanted to play on more than one pc, I would put my save files on a thumb drive.

*edited* I apologize for my tone however it is pretty frustrating with the amount of time you put into a final fantasy game of this measure to be worried whether or not your local saves will ever be overwritten or if I'm not going to be able to because your servers are malfunctioning. I am happy to be able to get a copy of this for my pc, despite the game not being hosted for more than 30 days for download (steam was a choice option!). I hope to see future releases of the pc versions of FF8-13, although I personally won't be purchasing XIII and XIII-2 a second time as i have them on my xbox. (I miss FFX sphere grid...dark aeons...and would love to see a release for PC (with the ability to utilize a pc monitor but..HD is fine for me.) Not going to hold my breath on those last ones but I do love your games, and am grateful for the re-release, hopeful you will continue the trend and perhaps take these complaints as a meaning of saying please give me more final fantasy pc - without the cloud saves. The online DRM doesn't bother me so much other than a person shouldn't need internet access to play a single player game.

JustAnotherTed-448028
21st Oct 2012, 00:03
Virtually every time I get to a save point, I cannot save.

Could you please get rid of the pointless cloud saving so we can actually play the game we payed for?

MrGordy
21st Oct 2012, 02:16
100% agree... nothing more annoying in a game than having to WAIT 10 MINUTES or disconnect to save because a boss is coming up. I play this game on a single computer, and like the OP, have NO NEED for this feature.

MrGordy
25th Oct 2012, 19:53
Okay, this is getting annoying and I know I'm not the only person having problems with this useless, flawed save system. It's a 15 year old SINGLE PLAYER game with NO online features... my local saves were just overwritten and I lost a good few hours of gameplay that I struggle to find the time for anymore with work. Whose bright idea was this? How about a reply, SE? Sorry for the negative tone or w/e here, but seeing as how your customers who payed for a broken product that works LESS than the original are raging on this "feature" across the internet, are you going to patch or do anything about it?

MrGordy
25th Oct 2012, 22:47
oh, what do you know... wanted to stop playing and go to bed but had to wait to save.

SE-Chris
26th Oct 2012, 18:03
We apologize for any problems you guys are seeing. At this time there are no known issues with the Cloud servers, though there may be some intermittent problems from time to time we are always working to improve stability of the servers. Generally we recommend making sure that you have closed all other running applications and make your anti-virus, firewall and router are properly configured for allowing easy incoming and outgoing access to our servers. You might try temporarily connecting directly to the modem to see if the router may be filtering ports required by the servers.

Clouder90
27th Oct 2012, 02:11
You can save. Wait for 30 seconds-1 minute and then it syncs with the servers or not. Either way, save option will become available.

But you have already figured that out, i'll bet. Problem could be in your internet connection or port forwarding issue which i don't know very much about.

Grimoire
27th Oct 2012, 02:23
We apologize for any problems you guys are seeing. At this time there are no known issues with the Cloud servers, though there may be some intermittent problems from time to time we are always working to improve stability of the servers. Generally we recommend making sure that you have closed all other running applications and make your anti-virus, firewall and router are properly configured for allowing easy incoming and outgoing access to our servers. You might try temporarily connecting directly to the modem to see if the router may be filtering ports required by the servers.

Freyar
27th Oct 2012, 05:52
I use and like Cloud Saving since I play on a number of machines. I've not had any particular problem so far with it, provided you give it some patience.

MrGordy
29th Oct 2012, 21:34
Okay, but you didn't really answer the question of if there are any plans to disable the cloud save feature if you see it as completely useless, don't want to use it, and don't want to go throught the hassle of what your suggestions are just to play a game that works fine without it. Are you going to support this product or just release and forget about it? Because, honestly, I'm completely unsatisfied with the purchase due to the issues I've stated above.

SE-Chris
30th Oct 2012, 17:37
I am sorry that you're displeased with this service. While there are many benefits to this style of saving it sounds like it's not something you're happy with, and we always like to get feedback from customers, especially when something needs improvement. Moving forward, I do not believe that we have any plans to remove cloud saving from the game. However, as you had discovered, if you disconnect the device from the internet (even as simply as unplugging it from the wall) it should switch to a local save style. If that's your goal, you can simply use this style of saving instead and continue playing exclusively from your hard drive device. Again, my apologies that the title is not up to your expectations, but we are striving to improve this as well as our future titles. Thanks again.

EnjaminElric-420381
31st Oct 2012, 01:32
Thanks.
I was trying to find the save files to back them up and could not find them in the games files.

Just wanted to let everyone who reads this knowm Crucia's save game editor works with these files as well

NdoxFiend-491517
3rd Nov 2012, 11:06
at the begining i was playing the the game with no problems but testerday i lost near of 5 hours of time played cause I saved my game and go to sleep, when i woke up i opened the game and MY SAVE WAS NOT THERE... one sloot are corrupted and the other 2 slots are old saves...

reading the forum i see something about wait some minutes to save but noone tells exactly how to secure that my save are ok. someona can tell me a way to secure my save works fine?

Att;
Ndox

arnold.hart
4th Nov 2012, 11:50
I am going to buy this game but I do have a couple questions. I want to install it to my Windows 7 home pc, and my Windows 7 work pc for now. In January I plan on buying Windows 8 and doing a fresh install on my home pc formating the drive and starting fresh. Then I want to reinstall final fantasy vii onto my home pc without losing my saves. I read somewhere that the download won't work after 30 days, is that correct and I will have to buy the game again or what? Thanks I appreciate your help.

Edit: Second question is can I use my Sony PS3 controller on my pc to play the game with? I currently use MotioninJoy to use it with other games.

SE-Chris
5th Nov 2012, 18:33
We've had a few threads like this with varying results. Typically you'll want to check the following:

- Temporarily disabling your antivirus and firewall, or at least adding exceptions for Final Fantasy VII

- Please ensure your internet connection is stable, we wouldn't recommend a WiFi or Satellite connection for this step

- Double check that there aren't any background applications that might interfere with you connection

You'd also want to make sure that you're logged into the North American area of the launcher by clicking on the Square Enix North America button at the launch. If all else fails if you are able to disconnect the internet from your device you can simply save to your hard drive.

SE-Chris
5th Nov 2012, 19:12
In your situation it would be fairly easy to keep the files you've downloaded and then migrate them to the new system. Whether that's via burned disc, USB drive, or on the same drive by upgrading Windows and using the same installation. What you are hearing about is people downloading the files again from the server, but you could preempt an issue like that by keeping a copy of the files in preparation for your transfer.

arnold.hart
5th Nov 2012, 21:41
So all the complaints about drm wont affect me just by making a copy of the original install file that digital river lets me download preinstallation?

I was afraid it would be a combo installer deal that only works for thirty days.

valarmorghulis
7th Nov 2012, 14:12
Yeah same thing just happened to me. It won't let me "continue" my game. Only option is to start new game. luckily I just bought it yesterday and didn't get very far.

But, will it happen again? when i'm farther in to it?

kind of a bummer

SE-Chris
8th Nov 2012, 19:31
The key point here is that you keep your registration codes and login information. You, theoretically will be able to log into any installation of the game with that information and access your cloud-saves and everything. Thanks, again.

KaosDraconis
10th Nov 2012, 05:12
Yeah I don't know how to load the game period. I had the Ultima version but I thought this one may be better. I think it is, but only thing I can think of when it comes to loading the game is probably keeping it running. I usually just put my computer to sleep mode anyway or hibernate. It's good to know I'm not the only one confused about this :)

1benjy1-175163
10th Nov 2012, 12:02
So I cant save, all fiiles are greyed out and says no save data files. From looking at a few threads it seems this is because of SE's brilliantly annoying idea of cloud saves, did anyone come up with a way to deal with this at all? :(
Or do i have to go demand my money back, sucks because i was looking forward to playing this D:

But yeah SE if your reading this why fix whats not broken, saving worked fine without Cloud saves! With cloud saves however its extremely hard to get them working, how hard is that to understand? Why are you deliberatly making it harder for people to play your games? Sure i expect with superior technical knowledge i could configure my computor to eventually save but i dont have the time or knowledge to do that and neither does many other poor people your busy charging money for stuf they cant use.

Sorry to be blunt but this is a problem thats been around for some time and apparently nothing useful has been done to help. :/
Id either like some advice on how to save or to be pointed towards a form/page/something where i can obtain a refund.

Thankyou

Foamborn
10th Nov 2012, 13:34
Throwing in my two cents: I too find this forced cloud save setup to be awful and pointless. I'm disappointed in your response, and I will do my best to prevent anyone I know from purchasing your product so long as this problem continues to exist.

Disconnect my internet as a solution? That's the best you've got?

You obviously already have the code for local saves, or disconnecting from the internet wouldn't work anyway.

It would take one little check box in the options menu: "disable cloud saves", and then I would have no complaints about this game.

apu_n79@hotmail.com
13th Nov 2012, 16:54
November 13th, I'm having the same problem, is there a fix for it, I just bought the game yesterday, downloaded it last night, installed it this morning

SE-Chris
13th Nov 2012, 18:03
We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. We've had a few threads like this with varying results. Typically you'll want to check the following:

<ul>
Temporarily disabling your antivirus and firewall, or at least adding exceptions for Final Fantasy VII
Please ensure your internet connection is stable, we wouldn't recommend a WiFi or Satellite connection for this step
Double check that there aren't any background applications that might interfere with you connection
[/list]

You'd also want to make sure that you're logged into the North American area of the launcher by clicking on the Square Enix North America button at the launch. If all else fails if you are able to disconnect the internet from your device you can simply save to your hard drive. Now if you're looking for a refund, you can get in contact with the retailer Digital River at their site (http://corporate.digitalriver.com/store/digriv/Corp/sectionName.contact/subSectionName.contactUs/page.contactUs) for more information. Again, sorry for the trouble.

SE-Chris
13th Nov 2012, 18:36
By the look of this thread it seems like the Cloud server had a hiccup over the weekend. Hopefully everyone was able to save their files locally and continue saving once it got back up. If you guys continue to run into this issue you'll want to see if you can update your local network settings to allow the game to pass through any anti-virus or firewalls which may be in effect.

andypasztirak
15th Nov 2012, 09:11
Nov 14-15, I'm unable to save my game. I have left the save game screen running overnight (without internet connection) and there is STILL no local save option. To be honest this is becoming incredibly frustrating. What was that about having to disconnect from the internet to be able to avoid "Cloud Saving" (save anytime, anywhere, except when our servers down!) ?

Grymms-516092
15th Nov 2012, 09:56
I find it absurd to only allow saves by cloud... i generally never like online only games due to the fact i play for my own enjoyment and i dont particularly like others interfering with it (ie trolls etc online). I actually wouldnt have purchased the game if i had known it was an always online thing. And yes, having to physically disconnect my laptop to save a game because the cloud servers are down means it is an always online game.

There is a nice way around it though, especially if you dont give a rats a$$ about achievments (and seriously other than defeating the Weapons and getting a gold chocobo, the rest are pointless), simply block the game from seeing the internet is active. with what ever software you use for virus protection you should be able to completely shut down the intenet being detected by the game.

edit: so yeah it doesnt matter. i still cant save when the cloud servers and internet arent reachable at all. Thats a realllllly poor "feature" and even worse execution. Im going away for the week on monday and wont have access to the net. The only reason i purchased the damn game was so i could play something of an evening in my hotel room. Well, next time i will simply do some research. Or heck i may just play my psx version even though the discs are scratched to hell.

SE-Chris
15th Nov 2012, 17:31
We appreciate you all bringing these issues to our attention. As we get further on in the life-cycle of this title we're constantly looking to improve on the way people experience the game and interact with it. These concerns will be forwarded to the appropriate parties. Please attempt to continue trying to resolve the issue locally while we report this issue to development and management.

For anyone new to the thread or who may be reading this just now please make sure to check the troubleshooting tips (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29488145/So_its_near_impossible_to_save_then&post_num=2#526047841) we suggest for people experiencing an issue when connecting to the server. Thank you for your patience with this matter.

criqueto7
18th Nov 2012, 11:45
Hello,

I've been playing on 3 differents PCs since I bought the game and my main save was around 20-25 hours or something like that (just before entering to Mideel).
I wanted to play now and what a surprise after sincing saves !! My main save which was around 20-25h of play has returned to a save with 7h of play !!!
I had a second save in the temple just before Aerith leaves and now I only have a corrupt data...

Thanks for helping me out !!!!!

thatguylouis
18th Nov 2012, 14:45
Hello,

I've been playing on 3 differents PCs since I bought the game and my main save was around 20-25 hours or something like that (just before entering to Mideel).
I wanted to play now and what a surprise after sincing saves !! My main save which was around 20-25h of play has returned to a save with 7h of play !!!
I had a second save in the temple just before Aerith leaves and now I only have a corrupt data...

Thanks for helping me out !!!!!

The same thing happened to me except I've only been playing on one pc. I attempted to start my game a few days ago and all of my save files were gone. I had a save file with 50+ hours of gameplay and now its just gone.

criqueto7
19th Nov 2012, 07:35
The same thing happened to me except I've only been playing on one pc. I attempted to start my game a few days ago and all of my save files were gone. I had a save file with 50+ hours of gameplay and now its just gone.

Apparently, several other users encountered more or less the same problem three months ago and the problem seems to continue...

na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29320051/Cloud_files_not_syncing)

Can anyone from Square tells us if it's possible to restore our lost saves (I hope there's a backup somewhere on their servers!!)

This cloud saving system is very crappy.......

Adab87-523240
19th Nov 2012, 17:36
Chris, I appreciate that you're here to listen to our complaints and take our feed back but it doesn't feel that we're being heard. You ask us to attempt to "resolve the issue locally", but that's the core of the issue. We want the ability to save our data locally and maintain our records of our games. You've already indicated that the code for doing that exists in the game, but is not accessable. If it's not accessable, how can we resolve the issue locally?

nullkid
21st Nov 2012, 00:54
It's like an added dark soul element or something. So many hours lost.. At first it reverted back a few hours.. now, just gone. I am not even going to play anymore because I don't want to tarnish my FF 7 memories. lol

criqueto7
21st Nov 2012, 02:18
Same thing for me except it's not gone (yet)...

I created a topic a few days ago and the customer service seems deaf to that problem...

rene.berard@gmail.com
25th Nov 2012, 22:06
Seriously, I'm sure if you surveyed every player that bought this game, you would find that 100% of them would want the option to disable cloud saving. It is making this game unplayable. Right now I should be going to bed, and just waiting, hoping that I'll get the sync fail message so that I can save locally. Disconnecting from the Internet isn't working. I've tried, and still cannot perform a local save. I guess I'll just have to waste 4 hours of playtime. But this isn't the only time it's happened. I've seen a lot of cloud-syncing features, this is BY FAR one of the worst! Who ever thought it would be a good idea to delete local files when cloud-saving becomes unavailable? There should ALWAYS be a local file accessible, and it should NEVER get deleted or replaced with an older file from the cloud. And it should ALWAYS be possible to save, REGARLDESS of current connection to cloud server. Whether there are known issues with your cloud servers or not is irrelevent. Local save should ALWAYS be an option. Period.

Freyar
26th Nov 2012, 07:59
Seriously, I'm sure if you surveyed every player that bought this game, you would find that 100% of them would want the option to disable cloud saving. It is making this game unplayable. Right now I should be going to bed, and just waiting, hoping that I'll get the sync fail message so that I can save locally. Disconnecting from the Internet isn't working. I've tried, and still cannot perform a local save. I guess I'll just have to waste 4 hours of playtime. But this isn't the only time it's happened. I've seen a lot of cloud-syncing features, this is BY FAR one of the worst! Who ever thought it would be a good idea to delete local files when cloud-saving becomes unavailable? There should ALWAYS be a local file accessible, and it should NEVER get deleted or replaced with an older file from the cloud. And it should ALWAYS be possible to save, REGARLDESS of current connection to cloud server. Whether there are known issues with your cloud servers or not is irrelevent. Local save should ALWAYS be an option. Period.

You'd not find 100%. I quite like the cloud saves as it makes it convenient for me to play on a number of PCs I own. (Frankly, I'm worried about activation limit.)

mindfray
26th Nov 2012, 14:17
ok, first off i love this game. when i had my first job i bought this title even before i bought the ps1.
I bought this so i could relive the game i loved from my teen years.

the problem, half the time it won't load saves, and today when i tried to save my game it could not find any save files.
this is very disconcerting.

i bought this so i would not have to buy a ps1 and a copy of the game(which works better than this IMOP)

this frustrates me to no end, paid 12 dollars, which is not much, and the game will not save 50% of the time.

I think there should be an option to save on your hard drive, so we can back up saves manually instead of playing hte game for a few hours only to be unable to save.

sorry for the rant, but this is how i feel about this.

Mouse99
26th Nov 2012, 16:22
hmm I never had a problem with saving on FFVII for PC. could it be your internet connection? try waiting for a few seconds before you click save...hope this help

rene.berard@gmail.com
26th Nov 2012, 17:07
I didn't say no one would use the Cloud... but I find it hard to believe that anyone would rather NOT have the option to play offline! IT is quite frustrating to lose 4 hours of game time because the sync with Cloud doesn't work (for whatever reason) and that the game doesn'T let you save locally, so that you can't save at all! I've read that this can somehow "time out", but after having let the game run for over 2 hours hoping at some point I could save locally, that doesn't seem like a viable option. When you simply need to turn off your computer, you can't always afford to sit and wait for hours, hoping that at some point you'll be able to save the game. There should be an in-game option to make a local save file on the computer hard drive.

ashastings
28th Nov 2012, 09:09
I just bought FF7 HD and I started playing it. When I reached the first save point, I went to the menu, went to "save", and attempted to click on the empty save slots. However, they were all "grayed out" and made that "du du" noise when you click on a non-clickable part. But at the top left corner it said the game has been saved/synced with cloud. So I thought that meant my game was being autosaved since I'm logged in through internet connection. Sure enough, I keep playing, then quit playing, rebooted, and I had no option of continuing from my last saved. I was forced to start a new game. What am I doing wrong? Please help D:

TLDR: How the hell do you save in FF7 HD with the Cloud system?

ashastings
28th Nov 2012, 15:16
It was because I had Ad-Blocker enabled. Problem solved.

SE-Chris
28th Nov 2012, 15:18
What you may see here is one of two things: 1) The game was unable to connect to the server when it last saved your data. Meaning that it could have saved it to the hard disk and you may want to try logging back into that terminal and seeing if they are still there and try saving to the server once again. 2) The game successfully saved the game to the server but when you switched terminals you logged into another Square Enix Members account which has an older save game on it. If this is the case you will want to log out the game by navigating to the Network area of the Settings menu. Once logged out please click on the Square Enix North America login area. you should be able to log in with the same account information that you are able to log into this site with. Lastly, you can check on the status of your cloud saves by heading over to www.finalfantasyviipc.com, (http://www.finalfantasyviipc.com,) clicking on the US flag, and logging in on the right.

SE-Chris
28th Nov 2012, 15:53
We are sorry that you are encountering issues when connecting to FINAL FANTASY VII.

Can you please check the following:

<ul>
Have you tried disabling any antivirus or firewall before connecting?
Please ensure your internet connection is stable.
Please ensure there are not other programs running in the background that would interfere with your internet connection or with the download/upload.
[/list]

We would also like you to log out of the game first. In order to log out of the Square Enix account you will need to navigate to the Network area of the setting menu. Once logged out please click on the Square Enix North America login area. You should be able to log in with the same account information that you are logging into this site with.

SE-Chris
28th Nov 2012, 17:59
We apologize for any inconvenience which this may have caused. We've had a few threads like this with varying results. Typically you'll want to check the following:

<ul>
Temporarily disabling your antivirus and firewall, or at least adding exceptions for Final Fantasy VII
Please ensure your internet connection is stable, we wouldn't recommend a WiFi or Satellite connection for this step
Double check that there aren't any background applications that might interfere with you connection
[/list]

You'd also want to make sure that you're logged into the North American area of the launcher by clicking on the Square Enix North America button at the login screen. If all else fails if you can try disconnecting the internet from your device and saving to your hard drive.

SE-Chris
28th Nov 2012, 18:28
Thanks for the update Andrew, we appreciate it. Hopefully this tip can help some of our other players with the same issue.

spiflickgcw
29th Nov 2012, 07:45
for some reason my game wont download my saved gamnes. when i go to save it says no saved data. im a hour and half away from my last save point. why is it doing this

spiflickgcw
29th Nov 2012, 07:45
for some reason my game wont download my saved gamnes. when i go to save it says no saved data. im a hour and half away from my last save point. why is it doing this

Grimoire
30th Nov 2012, 02:35
Technical issues and questions regarding the recent release of [FINAL FANTASY VII] for PC belong in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)].

Grimoire
30th Nov 2012, 07:53
Technical issues with [FINAL FANTASY VII] belong in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

leeRrushing
1st Dec 2012, 19:46
It happens constantly to me. I will play and save often, then suddenly it won't let me save anymore. No saved file appears. I have to exit, losing my progress since last save, and then try to get back in. It is then it will not find any saved games. So I usually have to restart my entire computer and then it may finally work. Otherwise I try it randomly and eventually it acknowledges saved games. I had a ticket on this problem and they had me go into my computer and adjust some start up things for windows then it worked, so something in windows start up can keep it from working.

zer0darkx
2nd Dec 2012, 03:34
Basically I had to reformat my system. I finally got Final Fantasy VII installed and when I logged into the game it wouldnt let me continue even though it said the sync was a success. So I logged into my account to find my save game is completely gone. So I went to the save game location since I luckily made a backup of that folder. But the game still does not find my save. Is there anything I can do with the backup to atleast get the saves working?
It was a complete folder backup.
THanks

Update: Finally fixed it after a few trial and errors. I first started a new game, then saved it in the first slot. Then I exited the game, located the original save folder location, and clicked on the user folder, and copied and pasted the save from there, I also had to disconnect and reconnect the interenet after pressing ctrl and esc to minimize the game. I then reopened the game and exited and reloaded it and click continue, and my backed up save showed up. I loaded it then opened the menu back up and clicked save again, but because of the sync it synced the save that I used the first time on the restart of the game, so I just saved the current backed up save ontop of the synced save. And closed final fantasy 7 and re-opened just to test to make sure it worked and it did. I hope this makes sense but I finally got it working.

Catsitta
2nd Dec 2012, 09:30
You can continue if you are paitent enough. I faced the same problem with both saving and continuing my game, where for some odd reason it wasn't syncing with the site and the buttons were greyed out. Just wait. No need to restart anything, just enter exit the save point if you need to save, or simply leave the game for a while for both saving and continuing. The button will eventually light up. So just minimize the screen for a while and check e-mail or go grab a snack...Worst come to worst, minimize the game, check on your online profile and then come back. Usually, by then, the game will have synced.

I think the longest I ever had to wait was perhaps ten minutes, but I had walked away at that point, already aware of the wait time sometimes required.

Glenn81-571024
4th Dec 2012, 07:38
Have the same problems sometimes. Waiting for the server to sync my savegames while loading or even when I want to save it. I play it right now and I'M waiting for 20 minutes now for the savegame slots to turn white so I can use them.

Seriously, whoever the person working for Square Enix is that thought Cloud saves (without the option of turning it off for local saving) is a good idea must be flogged, whipped, flogged again, dunked to his knees in cow manure (but upside down of course), openly ridiculed and then fired (by a cannon into a pile of cow manure).

So Square Enix, I congratulate you to a great game. You, Ladies and Gentleman, have brought Gamers all around the world one of the best reasons to either download your game illegally or use an "alternative exe file" to circumvent that abomination called cloud saving.

rosleck
11th Dec 2012, 13:28
Could you give me a walkthru on how you did this? all of my save files are missing from the cloud.

SE-Chris
13th Dec 2012, 11:26
Alright, this is great to hear. Glad to hear someone making some progress with moving the save game files around with some success. It sounds like the key here is switching the files around while the game is running and then disconnecting the internet connection to make sure they get reuploaded. Michael, have you been able to manage these files on www.finalfantasyviipc.com (http://www.finalfantasyviipc.com) as well?

karnmed
18th Dec 2012, 20:51
This is seriously irking me as well. Cloud saves were a pointless, pointless, pointless, useless, POS non-innovation that simply ruin an otherwise good game.

PATCH IT SO YOU CAN CHOOSE TO SAVE LOCALLY. And stop giving us insane advice like disabling all of our start-up programs.

karnmed
18th Dec 2012, 21:01
If Square doesn't want to do the work themselves - what little work it would actually be - I'm sure they could literally farm the patch work out to the fans.

Incorporating "cloud saves" in a game like FFVII sounds like some middle managers pointless idea to show how "with it" he was - "cloud computing" being a meme among the b-school types who don't understand its uses and its limitations - without actually introducing an ounce of functionality to the game or improving the experience whatsoever.

For my own part, I was playing and it decided not to save. Minimized the game, gave it a good ten minutes, and it still wouldn't work. So I rebooted the game and went to settings, network and tested "Remote sync status". A good ten or fifteen minutes later and it's still "Checking..."

This is not a problem on my end.

member_10193999
19th Dec 2012, 22:24
I bought this game earlier today and have played it for around five hours, enduring Cloud Sync delays of 5-10 minutes just about every other time I go to save the game. This is ridiculous by its own merit. Now, however, I have gone nearly an hour and a half without being able to save my game. Thinking it would be available by the time I made it to the next save point, and that there no bosses ahead that I should worry about, I decided to enter Shinra HQ without waiting for my saves to sync and therefore without using the save point in front of the building. That was maybe an hour ago, and in that time Cloud Sync is STILL not working. At this point I'm starting to wonder if it ever will until I restart and lose all progress since my last save, which I obviously don't want to do. Is there any way to fix this without restarting the client or computer?

In conclusion, Cloud Sync is nice when it works, but after about 1/5th (closer to 3/5ths if I can't get Sync working now without restarting) of my total playtime so far has been sacrificed to the Cloud Sync Gods, I'm requesting, nay, pleading, for an option to turn Cloud Saves off.

member_10193999
19th Dec 2012, 22:33
I bought this game earlier today and have played it for around five hours, enduring Cloud Sync delays of 5-10 minutes just about every other time I go to save the game. This is ridiculous by its own merit. Now, however, I have gone nearly an hour and a half without being able to save my game. Thinking it would be available by the time I made it to the next save point, and that there no bosses ahead that I should worry about, I decided to enter Shinra HQ without waiting for my saves to sync and therefore without using the save point in front of the building. That was maybe an hour ago, and in that time Cloud Sync is STILL not working. At this point I'm starting to wonder if it ever will until I restart and lose all progress since my last save, which I obviously don't want to do. Is there any way to fix this without restarting the client or computer?

In conclusion, Cloud Sync is nice when it works, but after about 1/5th (closer to 3/5ths if I can't get Sync working now without restarting) of my total playtime so far has been sacrificed to the Cloud Sync Gods, I'm requesting, nay, pleading, for an option to turn Cloud Saves off.

WONDERFUL... http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

During the time I alt+tabbed over to Chrome to post this thread and look for fixes, "An unknown exception occured," and crashed the game. So guess who gets to replay over an hour of tedious puzzles in Shinra HQ? THIS GUY! http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gifhttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gifhttp://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif

By the way, I keep seeing threads where people mention they blocked Cloud Sync, but can't find any details on how to actually do that. Please someone let me know how to do this, because I'm not playing this game again until Cloud Sync is dead and gone.

cfmaloney
20th Dec 2012, 09:38
I bought the game yesterday and have yet to be able to load a save file successfully. Because I'd seen that there were issues, I saved at the first save point, quit out of the game, and tried to reload. No dice. Created a new game and did the same thing, and the same thing happened. Sometimes the online profile shows my saves and sometimes it doesn't. What gives?

edmund
20th Dec 2012, 13:30
Never being able to save is very weird. I have trouble pretty frequently, but the fact that it works some of the time pretty much shows that there aren't problems on my end with firewalls, etc. You sure there isn't anything like that screwing your attempts up?

cloud4u2
20th Dec 2012, 17:40
ok i lost like 12hours of game play i DO NOT appreciate that and i just started playing again after quitting for 5 months and after an hour of play i got to a save point and I had to WAIT 15 MINUTES TO SAVE! what is taking so long to connect?? why can't we instant save to Local HDD then while the game is logged and playing it searches the cloud server for internet save and not have cloud sync interfere with saving onto the hard drive file?

i don't know what the problem is but thats frigging ridiculous. this is 2012 i've never ever played any type of game on anything within the last decade that has had this problem b4. i gotta go now, not 15minutes later. how is square enix not finiding any issues with the saving. all you have to do is play the game then go to save point and see that all the save blocks are greyed out and will not sync for 5 to 10min. just try it.

why do i gotta go disconnect my internet? i have my pc in corner against a wall. i only go back there when i clean it out every couple of weeks or so or if something breaks or if i'm updating hardware.

please focus some effort to find a solution to this problem, i call it a problem cuz as customers i think many of us view this as unnacceptable issue ruining the experience of the game. i saw this problem back when the game was released over the summer. i feel you guys have the smarts and knowledge base to satisfactorily resolve this issue and it occured to me that maybe its the viewpoint or attitude of the team affecting the time frame this is being worked on.
its december, almost new year, and ya'll are still having this problem. maybe you guys don't see this as an issue or problem that needs to be dealt with but just customer suggestions of changing aspects of game. but this is more than that. maybe if the team can change perspective of this aspect of the game, and realize that nobody should have to disconnect their internet or wait 10minutes to save the game and that this is a real problem or issue to be dealt with, there will be more devoted efforts on this. I'm not exactly sure everything that happens in the software and technical side of this but i believe ya'll can maybe start over if need be and find a good solution.

i try to stay constructive and not super angry so i'm sorry if i come off beligerent. thanx for the effort in releasing this game i want to say that. i very much appreciate that i loved this game and am happy to play. but i can't wait 10min or more to save the game and then lose about 25levels and several hours of grinding and gameplay and story. btw: i bought this game right away when i heard about it and i had many friends interested, but when i started seeing the issues... and read that several people were having these issues... i had these issues on multiple pc's... i told my friends and no one i know has bought this game to try or play it... for this reason. so there might be a possibility the lack of effort on resolving this is inhibiting some if not many from playing.

thanx for listening

wordsmither89
21st Dec 2012, 09:53
Hey guys. Just downloaded FF7 for PC because it was on sale and felt like playing it again. However I found that I wasn't able to save my game from the save points. It said something like, 'No save file found,' or something, when I tried to select Save 1 or Save 2 or any of them. Not sure what the problem is. Please help!

member_10633721
21st Dec 2012, 14:10
Apparently this version of Final Fantasy VII have problems synchronizing data stored in the servers of Square-Enix. You can only save your progress when you see the message in the upper left corner indicating that the files were synchronized.

What I do for now is to go to the save point and try to save the game. If I can, then I go to another place, fought, bought, etc. to resave until I succeed.

jose.farro.a
24th Dec 2012, 17:38
I have the same problem. i can't save the game. does the procedure listed below that i must create another file for backup works? need help here.

Arakis00
24th Dec 2012, 19:09
I'm beyond mad right now. I just bought the game earlier and wish I had done some research on potential problems before making this purchase. I've played and beaten this game many times before on other platforms without any problems whatsoever, so I assumed this would be no different. Well.....wow, I could not have been more wrong. At this point, I'm 4-5 actual game hours in and I've ran into this not being able to save issue 4 times already. Every time except for the first, I have not been able to find anything to solve the issue and have had to restart and lose literally hours of gameplay (I disconnected from the net the first time and it worked, but hasn't since). Anyways, it's clear from this and other threads that nobody at Square is acknowledging there being a true problem, which is a shame.

At this point, I've lost more than half my total play time with this stupid save system malfunctioning. It's frustrating having to replay so much of the game and I've barely progressed into the game at all. It looks like I'll have to stop playing the game before it has really even gotten started....which is beyond stupid since this "cloud save" ....."FEATURE" is completely unnecessary. It'd be nice to get some sort of refund since this game is literally unplayable in its current state, but we all know that won't happen.

Arakis00
24th Dec 2012, 19:15
Oh...and a great update, it just happened again and after waiting literally an hour or more hoping the saves would reopen up an "unknown exception" occurred and now I lost another couple hours of gameplay....awesome work. This is 100% on Square's end and not the users......it'd be really nice to see it owned up to. This whole "there's no known problem with our cloud save feature" junk is bs and nobody is buying it for one second. It's a great way to lose previously loyal customers.

nooneyouknow
25th Dec 2012, 01:13
Between the flawed cloud saves, the flawed controller support (I should not have to hit ok on a new game on the keyboard to get past the keyboard control displays when I'm using a controller), the 30 day dowload expiration, and now a captcha to post on the forums, I already regret buying the game again, especially as I have working PS1 copy.

The cloud save issue is by far the biggest though, allow them to be disabled and at least it's playable. This is quite possibly the worst $6 I've ever spent, thankfully I bought it on sale.

member_10325067
25th Dec 2012, 03:26
PRE-EDIT: This doesn't work fully, but it's preferable to naught.

tl;dr version: On Windows 8 (not tested on any other OS), the cloud save bug triggers far less frequently with SmartScreen turned off. To turn it off, go to the Action Centre (near your networking icon on the bottom right on desktop view), select "Change SmartScreen Settings," and set the third option. The cloud save bug will still occasionally occur, but it will usually only occur once. Disable your NIC, alt-tab back into FF7, make a local save, and re-enable your NIC. When you see the message that says saves have been synched, you're back to normal for a while, probably until you advance the story (so regular saving while grinding/playing around will continue to work). I'd advise saving right away once you sync to ensure no data loss. This was tested on 2 dedicated gaming rigs running Windows 8 with no aftermarket A/V or Firewall and Windows Firewall turned off. Antivirus was the version of Windows Security Essentials built into Win8.

Full data:

So it seems the most talked about topic here is the bug with cloud saves where it takes an exorbitant amount of time to save games (Or hit continue when launching the game). I've said my share of bad words due to it.

First of all, I can conclusively nix the hypothesis that it's a networking issue, regardless of the "disconnect from the 'net" ghetto-fix. I first encountered the problem playing FF7 on my laptop. On a hunch, I saved my game (had time for a smoke between hitting save and actually being able to open slot one), quit the game, and switched to my desktop. Saving was working perfectly. Switched back to the laptop seconds later, and the save bug was still in place. Thus, we can infer that it is not an issue with S-E's servers, our modems, our routers, or anything to do with router configuration, including port forwarding/port blocking. It is a computer-specific problem.

Several days later, I started experiencing the same problem on my desktop. Checked the laptop and sure enough, the issue is ongoing there as well. Both PCs are running Windows 8, and both are virus/spyware free since I don't use Windows for anything but gaming if I can help it.

In the process of trial and error, I disabled a feature called Windows SmartScreen located in the Action Center (the little flag icon next to your networking icon in what used to be called the system tray) After doing this (and several other trial and error steps), cloud saving started working instantly on my desktop again. I switched to my laptop and only disabled SmartScreen, and now there is no delay on either machine.

Can somebody running another OS with the cloud saving bug try and confirm, and post the results?

member_10202671
25th Dec 2012, 04:49
Thanks - I can confirm this works on Windows 8.

Rather than turning off Smartscreen, you could go to Windows Firewall (Control Panel ... Windows Firewall), where you can add Final Fantasy VII to the list of firewall exceptions.

In Windows Firewall, click on "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall" and click on the "Change settings" button. Click on the "Allow another app..." button and select "Final Fantasy VII" from the list of apps to add the launcher. Click on the "Allow another app..." button again, but this time click on the "Browse" button in the dialog, navigate to the FF7 installation folder and select "ff7_en.exe" (or the appropriate language version) to add the actual game.

Hepefully this also works for you.

member_10325067
25th Dec 2012, 13:03
I don't think that will do it. I had Windows Firewall completely off to start with.

To test, I re-enabled SmartScreen on both machines, and added an exception in Windows Firewall on only one. Both machines now work. If the issue occurs on the laptop again I'll try adding a firewall exception instead of turning off SmartScreen and post the results here.

I don't think SmartScreen is really that important, especially since most of us are behind a router to start with, so there shouldn't really be an issue with leaving it off fulltime. I have no problem being the one taking the risks though, since reformatting a dedicated gaming machine is never really a big deal. All I have to do is back up my MMOs data files to avoid day-long re-patches :)

EDIT: And after 1 session, the bug is back on the machine with the firewall exception and smartscreen turned on. Turning it off again.

It seems to be triggered by going into a town. I'm early on in the game, and no matter how much time I spend grinding outside of that chocobo hut near Kalm, the issue doesn't crop up -- every time it's started, it's been right after visiting the Inn. I know that's pretty useless to us self-troubleshooters, but it might tell S-E something useful in terms of developing a patch that will allow FF7PC to run with SmartScreen on.

EDIT2: Looks like it was a band-aid. Issue is back with SmartScreen and firewall both off, disabling/re-enabling the NIC does not work. I guess this means router issues are back in play.

Shadowca222
27th Dec 2012, 17:28
yes this absolutely absurd. something needs to be done. sitting here waiting for it to pick up the cloud saves. not very happy.

InfamousLemons
29th Dec 2012, 09:56
i agree...i was excited to see this game on sale but Square..i want my money back...id rather play this game on an emulator than this garbage...im hurt that my favorite game EVER has been reduced to this becasue of the dumb cloud storage bandwagon...its my opinion but cloud storage for anything is a bad idea..period

InfamousLemons
29th Dec 2012, 11:56
I purposely started a new game saved it at the first possible save point closed the application, reopened it and the save was gone...

I watched the sync fail and the save delete itself, and yes Ive tried this on and offline...Im very upset, and I know thousands of others are as well, Id like a refund and when I see the problems are fixed I MIGHT repurchase the game, Im really considering choosing the emulation route of playing FFVII...this makes me sad SE.

If a moderater is reading this please contact me with a way to refund my purachase.

r0gerz-721683
30th Dec 2012, 08:30
Please do make the cloud saves optional... i just bought the game as i can no longer play my ps1 and i went to save and the files are blank, i shouldn't really have to disconnect myself from internet if i want to save my game please fix this...

perfectazn
30th Dec 2012, 16:34
I am having the same issue. I have it installed on my desktop and my laptop. Now I took my laptop out of town and when "sync-ed" it has the save files from when I last played on the laptop (about 1 hour into the game). Now I can't continue and is afraid that my progress may be erased once I get back home to my desktop.

I've tried restarting the game over and over but the sync-ing doesnt change the result. Any advise on what we need to do?

robert.c.farmeriii@gmail.com
30th Dec 2012, 18:03
im now on the second disc. the game has been saving fine up until this point. im guessing i cant connect to the server to recover my save files. is there anyway i can save the files to my computer without quiting the game i have open. Dont bother asking me if im connected to the internet.

robert.c.farmeriii@gmail.com
30th Dec 2012, 18:09
i have an active connection to the internet and am logged on to the square enix website. my save files arent loading to my game while im playing. im on the second disc and to this point it has been working properly is there anyway i can reestablish a connection or save without closing the program.

nek82
31st Dec 2012, 02:25
Just bought the game 3 hours ago. Loving it. Bringing back fond memories playing it 14 years later. Haven't had any major issues with the saves so far in, except one case just a few minutes ago. It did manage to sync up after a few minutes of waiting, which I found annoying. It does seem a bit ridiculous. What if I wanted to play and was having troubles with my internet connection? Why can't it just store the save on my own pc?

Grimoire
31st Dec 2012, 02:53
This issue belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

Grimoire
31st Dec 2012, 02:55
This issue belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

EpicKitten-683460
31st Dec 2012, 21:17
OMFG!!!!!! Everyone agrees just make cloud saves optional. I've been sitting here for at least 15 minutes waiting for my saves to sync right and I'm wondering if I'm just going to have to restart the game and replay that 1 hour of gameplay. This is ridiculous, if I don't see some improvments this is the last time I am buying a game off this site... I am extremly unhappy with my purchace! I should have just bought a ps1 copy online!

EpicKitten-683460
31st Dec 2012, 21:39
I mean honestly, who realeses a product THIS broken. Either people too stupid to test their product before realse or people too greedy to care and who have no intention to fix the game, just milk it for as much money as they can. Also my saves aren't working at all now, I start the game and they last about 30 minutes before they freeze and stop working completly, im not sure how I'm supposed to finish the game like this. if anyone has any ideas on how to help my sycn my saves it would be appricated.

EpicKitten-683460
1st Jan 2013, 01:07
Everyone agrees just make them optional. One checkbox that's all it would take. How am I suppose to enjoy a game when I have to get up to unplug my motem every 30 minutes just to save. :/

Edit: My cloud save's aren't working at all now. They last about 30 minutes and then they shut down and don't even seem to be trying to sync. Can anyone help me with this problem please!?!

Paul2kb-729883
1st Jan 2013, 10:26
Hi Im having this issue aswell, i only just downloaded and the first save point wont work, pretty annoyed, could you tell how to save locally? so i can carry on playing? should have stuck to playstation!

wiktord.jan
1st Jan 2013, 10:55
Dumb useless cloud storage system probably reflects people who are behind this. Klutz. Thanx a lot and I WANT MY MONEY BACK, TOO IF THIS HAPPENS AGAIN.

summonerx
1st Jan 2013, 14:23
I agree on all of the above, I just purchased the game as a last min self-xmas present and was happy to start playing it...until I realized the save system would not load. I was able to save 1 time...I played for another Hour and now I get 'Failed to Sync Save Files, Your Progress will be saved locally" I saved locally and when I closed out and came back ALL MY PROGRESS HAS BEEN LOST!?

Square-Enix Reps please either fix this, as I hope you actually can see this is an on going issue, give us a patch that lets us CHOOSE to save LOCAL ONLY, or refund my 6$ because this was not worth it!

matt.chamberlin.14
1st Jan 2013, 14:44
I had the same kind of issues here. Just installed the game today. When I would go to save it said it was downloading saved game files. But it took about 5 whole minutes to finally sync... That was getting real annoying because it happened everytime I went to save.

So I made the game always run in administrator mode and tryed again. Now it sync's immediately with no issues. yay! Hope this helps.

wiktord.jan
2nd Jan 2013, 07:08
Can't believe the Square Enix staff works this way nowadays. Simply blowing off the customers. They sell out of order product to EVERYONE who's downloading it and then they do NOTHING about it.

What a shame, Square. Shame on you. I'm about to warn other gamers (by forums etc). And will never trust you again. And now instead of solving the problem they sell it out with 50% discount just to sell this cr@p to more unaware gamers.

I'll try to email somebody from SE that can not only work this out, but make the guilty ones take their responsobility for it, too. I either do it or will die trying - that's because FF VII actually means something to me.

wiktord.jan
2nd Jan 2013, 07:12
Can't believe the Square Enix staff works this way nowadays. Simply blowing off the customers. They sell out of order product to EVERYONE who's downloading it and then they do NOTHING about it.

What a shame, Square. Shame on you. I'm about to warn other gamers (by forums etc). And will never trust you again. And now instead of solving the problem they sell it out with 50% discount just to sell this cr@p to more unaware gamers.

I'll try to email somebody from SE that can not only work this out, but make the guilty ones take their responsobility for it, too. I either do it or will die trying - that's because FF VII actually means something to me.

@up - how do you make the game run in administrator mode? Still working well this way?

Liitj
3rd Jan 2013, 01:42
I just purchased FFVII this evening. I got to the first save point. I pressed "v" to go to the menu to save. When pressing "x" on any save file it comes up with an error that says "No Save Data File." Am I supposed to beat this game in one sitting? O.o

ff_nexus
3rd Jan 2013, 22:58
It would be nice if they could improve the "Save" feature.. .

IMHO it's a shame.

That said, I have the same problem many times a day when I go to save. The game seems to want to connect to the internet and won't allowing saving.

Solution: Wait until it figures out how to "Sync" (I experianced a minute of waiting a few times, you can roam or do whatever, you don't have to be in the save menu), This problem might be avoided if you play offline?

SQUENIX!

ff_nexus
3rd Jan 2013, 23:06
Running as Admin was not a solution, this is an issue that keeps repeating itself. Saving works fine then 10 minutes or 3 hours later you go to save.. . but you can't, have to wait for "Sync".

No firewall or Anti-Vir stopping me.. .

ff_nexus
3rd Jan 2013, 23:22
...While there are many benefits to this style of saving it sounds like it's not something you're happy with...

"I purposely started a new game, saved it at the first possible save point, closed the application, reopened it and the save was gone...
I watched the sync fail and the save delete itself, and yes Ive tried this on and offline...Im very upset, and I know thousands of others are as well..."

HOW IS having your save file deleted a "benefit"?

Kahri1-736504
3rd Jan 2013, 23:57
I just experienced this problem (win7 64 bit) for some reason it seems a hit and miss affair when I go to save, some times it confirms that cloud saves have been synced and works ok, but other times it just gives that two beep negative response and doesn't work.

I'm glad to say the workaround of Christopher of 15/9 works.

I just ALT+TAB to the desktop,

right-click on the network connection icon on the menu bar (next to the time & date),

and choose 'troubleshoot problems'.

It pops up a window asking me what troubleshooting I want to do, but I don't need to do anything with that - just selecting troubleshoot seems to refresh the system enough that cloud saves works.

wiktord.jan
4th Jan 2013, 04:52
Well the troubleshooting trick didn't work for me (Win 7 64 bit too). Weird. The only way I can play it with saving option is playing offline. Then it works 100%.

Kahri1-736504
4th Jan 2013, 05:16
Actually WIktord, I need to amend my previous entry - since then I've have instances where it does work, and it doesn't.

It's like, on occasion, there is a delay between attempting to save, and wherever this 'cloud saves' server is, a response from the server, as usually when it doesn't, if I leave it running for a bit, or play a further, then all of a sudden I get the 'syncing' message and it works again.

Too much of a pain, would be far better to be able to save locally. Wouldn't be getting this problem then.

keidiag
4th Jan 2013, 13:19
At what point is the Save icon not grayed out and where in the game is the first save point?

I've gone down 2 flights of stairs at the reactor and the Save icon is still gray. When does this change to White???

I've tried many of the suggestions other people have mentioned but still not able to save. I still can not do a save even though I've turned off firewall and the virus checker, disconnected the Internet cable and still not able to save .... even to my hard drive.

Thanks, Keith

keidiag
4th Jan 2013, 19:39
when i have this issue, i back out of the menus, then step off and back on the save point (or take a step on the world map)

after a few tries, and waiting a good 20 seconds for it to ungrey, it eventually works.

yet it still wont sync.... im still saving offline. its very unerving.

How do I go about saving offline????

Thanks,Keith

HeShootsHeScores
4th Jan 2013, 20:36
Same problem here. Tried to start a new game 3 times the last 3 days and never got to be able to save at the first reactor nor after cloud talks with tifa . I can select "save" from the menu but all saving slots are greyed out. And I don't understand the "saving offline" option. It seems to me that I have to be connected to play and change settings. How are you suppose to play an rpg if you can't save?

keidiag
5th Jan 2013, 08:45
By the look of this thread it seems like the Cloud server had a hiccup over the weekend. Hopefully everyone was able to save their files locally and continue saving once it got back up. If you guys continue to run into this issue you'll want to see if you can update your local network settings to allow the game to pass through any anti-virus or firewalls which may be in effect.

"Hopefully everyone was able to save their files locally and continue saving once it got back up."

Will someone please post the method to save files locally!!!!!!! Everyone keeps talking about 'saving locally' but no one mentions how to do it. This is becoming quite frustrating.

Thanks, Keith

Kahri1-736504
6th Jan 2013, 12:44
I haven't tried it myself, I just wait for the synch to occur, get away from my pc for 10 mins and have a stretch, that sort of thing.

But as I understand it you need to disconnect your internet connection.

Whether it's just a temp disconnect via network options, or whether you need to physically disconnect it idk.

ff_nexus
6th Jan 2013, 21:05
When you open the FFVII Launcher. I believe there is a check box you can select to play offline.

But be warned, some have complained of having their offline files deleted when they go to play online. I have not experienced this simply because I've never played un-Synced.

EDIT: OFFLINE IS NO LONGER ALLOWED???

SushiGi-743026
7th Jan 2013, 02:28
Same with me, the Cloud System apparently is not needed, i can not save the game properly and there are several times i had to play again some part during the game only because i cant save since i has put lots of effort in training the characters, i am really fustrated with the saving system. Please update a patch asap or give back my $15.99. Thank you.

(Sorry for my bad English)

He-Mullet
10th Jan 2013, 09:20
the save Icon is not grayed out on three types of situations:
a) you reach a save point
ready-up.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/... (http://ready-up.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/FFVII-save-point.jpg)

(they look like this. You step in it and use the menu)

b) you're in the world map.
c)you reach the end of the disc... (Ignore this one if you're talking about the Digfitally downloaded PC version)

He-Mullet
10th Jan 2013, 09:29
Please make an update that makes "cloud saving" Optional... How can I count on Cloud to save my files when he can't even save Aerith you know?
I've been playing less and less of this game due to not being able to load my files or save them thanks to issues with "cloud saving"

He-Mullet
11th Jan 2013, 10:54
try googling FFVII Save ponts. cause it's not letting me see the image either.

Drac
11th Jan 2013, 19:12
I was able to save the game in mission 1.

I was unable to save the game in the start of mission 2

closed the program opened it back up

I have to Save File, No Option to Continue./tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

How about we make a real Re-make of this SE and spend more than a week to release something that in the end doesn't work.

To be fair to the people that purchased this disapointment, give them a free copy of the true remake.

Goma999
11th Jan 2013, 20:47
I dont see how some of you are having problem saving? must be the OS. i guess.

Goma999
11th Jan 2013, 20:47
I dont see how some of you are having problem saving? must be the OS. i guess.

SushiGi-743026
11th Jan 2013, 21:05
nope, im using window 7 64bit atm, not OS

argon77d-753007
12th Jan 2013, 01:32
I have purchased FF VII remake and I am NOT HAPPY the way it is saved. Sometimes the sync get stucked and after a good hour of play I just cannot save it!! IS that normal? Somebody can help?
Thanks

Grimoire
12th Jan 2013, 03:14
The PC port is not a remake. It was originally released in 1998.

Hawdskinna
12th Jan 2013, 09:48
So I bought the game yesterday and played a good 5 or so hours. I had exited, and reloaded the game several times in the time frame, with no real issues. Now today when I try to play, my save files are gone.

Checking my account, all of my saves files to this profile are gone and it says I have 0 hours played.

ocarinaheart
12th Jan 2013, 14:21
is your internet connection working? you might have to wait for the saved files to sync with where ever they sync online with? i always had to wait like 5-10 min just to save.

COMMIExxSTAR
12th Jan 2013, 15:28
Im now experiencing the same prolem as Craig... I noticed that I wasn't able to save at parts of the game, but now I can't load any of my saves. I went as far as to let my game sit on the Main Menu for about an hour and wasn't able to load. Very frustrated...

ocarinaheart
12th Jan 2013, 15:35
Im now experiencing the same prolem as Craig... I noticed that I wasn't able to save at parts of the game, but now I can't load any of my saves. I went as far as to let my game sit on the Main Menu for about an hour and wasn't able to load. Very frustrated...

turn off your wifi then try it again?

COMMIExxSTAR
12th Jan 2013, 19:19
It enabled me to load for a couple more hours, but it's happening to me again. I'd like to be able just to let it run, but I'm in the process of moving. Hopefully they send out an update soon!

sonoma1983-253227
14th Jan 2013, 07:48
My save files are gone as well. I played ff7 few days ago and everything was fine. Went to go play today, none of my save files are showing up. I log into my online profile and it said no saved games either. Not sure what going on here.

nickerj1
15th Jan 2013, 10:38
What's funny is that it should take only a couple hours to write the code to offer an option to save locally in the startup, and then enable it in the game.

I have the old PC version of FF7, works fine. Saw the new one, got excited, even though graphic improvements seemed mediocre. And... can't save anything. What a load of fail.

Also, your css or stylesheet for this website completely sucks.

madadder
15th Jan 2013, 12:31
Just had something strange happen - when I went to load my game, MOST of my past saved games showed up (all up until about a week ago). The progress I've made (and saved) over the last week has been replaced by corrupted save files. These show Cloud as all 3 party members and will not load. I played last night and everything worked fine. Any ideas? I couldn't find any information about these Triple Cloud glitch saves.

pos190
15th Jan 2013, 19:09
I wouldn't mind the cloud saving feature, if it worked consistently. I too would like to see an option to make cloud saving an optional feature. I truly hope Square-Enix listens to their customers on this one. Surely something as simple as cloud saving can be made optional. I can't speak for everyone here, but I know that I've spent a nice chunk of change over the years on the FF series. I'd hate to keep thinking about this silly problem when considering future business.

For the time being, this is what has worked for me: When attempting to save and the save files won't sync, I tab over to Windows and disable the active internet connection. Switch back to FF7 and wait for the timeout / local save message. Back to Windows to enable the internet connection. Finally, back to FF7 and re-enter the save menu. It has done the trick for me every time so far.

Grimoire
17th Jan 2013, 03:00
- Submit your issue to [SQUARE ENIX Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=444&la=1)
- Submit your issue to [Digital River Customer Service] CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)
- Call [SQUARE ENIX Customer Service] 310-846-0345

Grimoire
17th Jan 2013, 03:01
- Submit your issue to [SQUARE ENIX Customer Service] support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.ph... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/contacttop.php?id=444&la=1)
- Submit your issue to [Digital River Customer Service] CustomerServices@digitalriver.com (mailto:CustomerServices@digitalriver.com)
- Call [SQUARE ENIX Customer Service] 310-846-0345

Chyczewski6
17th Jan 2013, 09:41
I was also a victim of malfunctioning cloud saves. I would LOVE cloud saves be optional! I don't need any validity checks on my save files! I understand making the game as secure as possible from piracy but how is controlling save files benefiting anyone especially if they get deleted! SE I really hope this feature is made optional as this makes the game nearly un-playable. I have the old pc version I bought in 98 and I would rather play a buggy, worse looking ff7 than get hours of my life taken away from me due to a 'beneficial feature'

WinningOne-284732
17th Jan 2013, 16:10
This happened too me. In my situation I would play the game at home. When saving the game my pc would sync and download the saves with no problem. The first time the corrupted files showed up was when I tried accessing the cloud from my work computer which is in a different building from my home PC. Upon syncing and downloading the save games from the cloud, 9 of my 11 saves were missing, the most recent was corrupted and showed three thumnails of cloud like you described. Only the first save I made from work was still accessable. Fortunatly, when I got home and checked the cloud saves the last file, which showed as being corrupted at work, was accessable and I was able to pick up where I left off. For the record there is no internet management software on the work PC to restrict my access.

I contacted customer service through their e-mail help and provided a description of my problem. A day or two later I received a reply that my issue was not one they had previously experienced and it would be forwarded on to someone else. The e-mail concluded by telling me to continue to try and resolve the issue locally. While I recognize that new issues need to be troubleshot by technicians and I can't expect a rapid response, being able to access save files from many locations is a core benefit with cloud saves. I was very disappointed that the issue was not something that had already been addressed.

Freyar
19th Jan 2013, 00:23
I'm starting to really hate giving Square Enix money for stuff they develop. Stuff they publish is usually okay, but.. dear god it's getting worse with each release. Final Fantasy XIV was an absolute failure after having bought the collector's edition and has been shut down (pending it's re-launch in December), Final Fantasy VII has stupid-as-hell activation limits, wonky cloud saves (that would be absolutely awesome considering I'm one of the few people that use them religiously), and now..

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai... (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121327669)

As much as Gravity is trying to help, SE simply isn't stepping up to the plate here with support. Either cloud saves work, or they don't and should be taken offline having me move saves around conventionally, or someone needs to get in here with something more than just a "We're sorry you're having trouble, we're not going to look into it even if we tell you we are, much like the 30-day download expiry problem and activation limit problem."

This is not a local issue, Square needs to stop suggesting the problem lies with their customers. Steam, Origin, and many other services do this just fine.

Freyar
19th Jan 2013, 00:29
I usually love cloud saves as I'm a person who ends up playing on many different systems. Activation limit problems aside, I've been bit by it too.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetai... (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121327669)

SinRoth
19th Jan 2013, 22:35
i recently bought ff7 for p.c. through square enix. i got a hour or so into it and i am not able to save. i was able to save a few times but now when it tries to download the save files it wont show up. i downloaded the game today and i do not know what to do i cant find a link to a complaint department or support. any ideas?

ETdoFresh
19th Jan 2013, 23:39
I've been having intermittent Hiccups too. I'm for offline optionally saving as well. Or at least offline saving when the "cloud" hiccups. Anyone else still out there, please bump this. Let's make this happen!

Grimoire
20th Jan 2013, 02:52
This thread does not belong in the [FINAL FANTASY XII (/go/forum/view/139235/233983/FINAL_FANTASY_XII)] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)].

[Customer Support Contact Information (/go/thread/view/139347/29631857/Customer_Support_Contact_Information)]

Colinrm
20th Jan 2013, 13:39
I've only played the game for a little over an hour and I've already run into the cloud saves "hiccup" a few times. Not to mention other problems like first getting logged in to actually play. I agree though, cloud saves should be optional. I'd like to save locally.

SinRoth
20th Jan 2013, 15:47
Thank u for directing me to right place

tommybellingham
22nd Jan 2013, 08:27
Looks like other people are having the same problem.

I can no longer play my FF7 that I bought :(

It was working fine, I could save at save points no problem.

Now I cannot do this and even worse I'm getting some message saying something about 'Save sync.' I assumed this was saving somewhere but no, I can't load this save I can't save the game and therefore I can't play the game anymore :(

SE-Chris
22nd Jan 2013, 20:00
For those of you who can't see any saved games can you head over to the www.finalfantasyviipc.com website, log in, and click on the red profile button on the right hand side of the page. Once here you should be able to view your achievements and save games which you have created. If you do not see the files you're looking for you may need to reset your password and log into a different account.

Freyar
23rd Jan 2013, 00:37
A second post, but maybe Chris will poke his head in here. Per his notion on another thread (regarding completely MISSING saves as opposed to corrupted saves), I checked my account.

finalfantasyviipc.com/en/profile/Freyar (http://finalfantasyviipc.com/en/profile/Freyar)

At this point, my last party is showing using three copies of Cloud Strife, four saves done, with [NULL] hours played. If I try to play at work, my saves are corrupted like this:

Whereas, my saves on my laptop are (last I tried after this issue came up) intact. They sync as reported by the overlay, but I can't seem to get rid of the corrupted ones on the server. I assume that in this case FFVII is only uploading newly written saves that haven't been uploaded yet. SO... How do I take care of this?

SE-Chris
23rd Jan 2013, 20:00
That sounds like quite a headache. What you may need to do is root around in the game files to see if you can't locate the save game files that are locally saved on your system. If you can find the ones at work or home (that are good) and then copy them over to the place where you would like to use them you could (theoretically) disconnect the game, add the good files in, then reconnect and it may resync the good files to the server. I've heard of it being done before but it's not really how the system was designed to work. It's worth a shot though if you're unable to play.

barakatx2
23rd Jan 2013, 23:38
Months later and this is still broken. A quarter of the time I have to wait anywhere between 2 to 5 minutes to be able to save the game. Please make cloud saves optional. Your service doesn't work, yet you keep saying that you aren't going to fix it because you claim it is working perfectly. Many people here are saying that it doesn't. Just trust us and add the option to turn it off, please.

Sidenote: It is disturbing that the FAQ in this forum suggests that people open pretty much every TCP port for incoming connections to fix this problem. Why would any application require you to open almost every port?

Freyar
24th Jan 2013, 05:28
That sounds like quite a headache. What you may need to do is root around in the game files to see if you can't locate the save game files that are locally saved on your system. If you can find the ones at work or home (that are good) and then copy them over to the place where you would like to use them you could (theoretically) disconnect the game, add the good files in, then reconnect and it may resync the good files to the server. I've heard of it being done before but it's not really how the system was designed to work. It's worth a shot though if you're unable to play.

Looks like my server data was wiped. My profile page reported 0 time played, no parties, no saves, no achievements done. I went ahead on my laptop and opened my game and re-saved on the formerly corrupted slots to try and get it to upload. This time around the profile reports the proper party, achievements, playtime, etc. Perhaps this has been fixed, I'll be able to find out tomorrow evening.

victor.santos.1276
29th Jan 2013, 06:05
Dear Team SquareEnix.
Good morning, I bought at the store on the site of you Final Fantasy VII, and found a nonsense not allow you to Save / Load Local. In the product description was not saying anything about this addiction to the internet and play the server that you fall all the time.
I purchased this game in order to enhance the work and you and in the future could allow my kids played this classic. But 10 years from now I can have the backup file and discontinued the service and you can not play anymore. Apart from that it is very inconvenient for the server you fall and fail to save the game. I work, I had to lose 3 hours of game because I had to turn off the notbook to take him to the office.
I ask you to reconsider this stance and make a patch that allows you to local save/load game and the synchronization with the server that is independent of you, so we can have a satisfying experience gaming. On the internet has dozens of complaints about this issue today, I believe that with a simple attitude you have left hundreds of people satisfied and happy with your work again.
Thank you for your attention and a good week everyone.
Victor

lenia272
29th Jan 2013, 07:10
Dear Team SquareEnix.
Good morning, I bought at the store on the site of you Final Fantasy VII, and found a nonsense not allow you to Save / Load Local. In the product description was not saying anything about this addiction to the internet and play the server that you fall all the time.
I purchased this game in order to enhance the work and you and in the future could allow my kids played this classic. But 10 years from now I can have the backup file and discontinued the service and you can not play anymore. Apart from that it is very inconvenient for the server you fall and fail to save the game. I work, I had to lose 3 hours of game because I had to turn off the notbook to take him to the office.
I ask you to reconsider this stance and make a patch that allows you to local save/load game and the synchronization with the server that is independent of you, so we can have a satisfying experience gaming. On the internet has dozens of complaints about this issue today, I believe that with a simple attitude you have left hundreds of people satisfied and happy with your work again.
Thank you for your attention and a good week everyone.
Victor

the newest FF VII pc remake is a complete sham as is most of the most current mobile apps square enix releases recently. the whole point of this so called internet only saving was that it supports cloud saves and you could pick up your game from any other PC u happen to play it on. awsome for alot of people untill u realize that u lose the download for the game after 30 days AND u can only activate it 4 times and your screwed after. some people update their pc's/hardrives and other people just plain out get virus's and have to reformat. so in the end you get a game 10+ years old that u can not play where u choose because u always have to be online to access it, often doesnt let you save/load because the server seems to be total trash/ and claims to support cloud saving when it in fact hinders it with very limited activations. seriously this is just garbage and maybe squareenix needs to learn something from steam.

on a side note either deliver or stop with the empty fricken priomises of ffx HD and ff XIII vs its pretty obvious you are pissing off your fanbase everday as almost everyt forum post on the front page is either a ffvii pc remake complaint or a ffx hd/ ffxiii vs complaint

wweinkauff
30th Jan 2013, 09:38
I'm sure that it's probably already being looked into, but I didn't see a thread with these issues. For some reason during gameplay on the pc version of FFVII the screen position is off so that there's about an inch high black border along the bottom. The menus do not have this problem; it's only during gameplay.

Also I would say about 20% of the time, when I'm trying to load or save a game, my saved games don't show up and it won't allow me to load/save. When I try it just says no saved data. I've noticed that this only happens when I don't see the "saves are synced" message in the upper left corner, so I can only assume that for some reason that's not happening 20% of the time.

Even with these issues though...I'm so happy to be playing this game! It's one of my favorite games ever, and I just want to say thanks Square Enix for bringing FFVII to the pc.

Grimoire
30th Jan 2013, 12:07
This issue does not belong in the [Members Site Bug Reports (/go/forum/view/139349/234369/members_site_bug_reports)] forum, but in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)]. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

[Customer Support Contact Information (/go/thread/view/139347/29631857/Customer_Support_Contact_Information)]

[General Forum Guidelines (/go/thread/view/139233/29068965/General_Forum_Guidelines)]

[Please use the search function placed at the top of the forum to see if your questions have already been answered. If there happens to be a thread with similar topics, please divert your questions to that particular thread.]

[Black Bar on the Bottom of PC Re-Release (/go/thread/view/139347/29318851/Black_Bar_on_the_Bottom_of_PC_Re-Release)]

captain_amazing
2nd Feb 2013, 06:52
This is probably not applicable to everyone, but I was having the same saving issue at the first save point in the reactor - so, I minimized the window, went my firewall, looked up how FF7 was being handled, and changed some settings to provide it with full access. After that, I was able to save my game.

Hope that helps someone!

Didgeridude
3rd Feb 2013, 21:48
<----- THis guy is PISSED

I dont know what or why there is even a cloudsave option. has ANYONE EVER used this? I doubt it. However i can say that this USELESS featue, actually poses a use, and that is to KEEP US FROM SAVING OUR DATA! 2 hours grind, for nothing, cause it wont sync. I tried all the "tricks" and nothing worked. even unplugged my modem for a minute. All to no avail.
I exited out (much to my anger at Square for causing UNNESSESARY BS to us (those who keep YOU in buisness, Your welcome, by the way)
I went into the network settings, tested and it locked on Checking.
I waited an hour for it to sync before i bailed also. Total BS. Ive seen it lag before, even had to run around for a few minutes before it let me save. this time, just wouldnt.
F that!!

PLEASE MAKE CLOUDSAVE OPTIONAL!!!

Please make it where we can play OFFLINE like it was supposed to be, dammit. That way we can save in peace, and not have to come here to post this *****.

I TOO WANT A REFUND (i know its not possible, but i want you to know how NOT cool this is Square!) cause its YOUR FAIL, not ours!

Freyar
5th Feb 2013, 19:51
Well, no luck here. I revoked activation on my machine at work and installed (fresh) on my desktop. The downloaded saves are still corrupted the same way.

toniveh
6th Feb 2013, 16:38
I don't want to play a game where it's purely based on luck whether I get to save the game or not. Remove the cloud saves if you can't get them to work. Also either remove your annoying DRM or re-re-release this on Steam, and improve the Xbox 360 controller optimization.

jtmleczko
6th Feb 2013, 21:08
I've been trying to save my game for hours now, but the options are still greyed out and I've even turned off my internet to try to force it into using local saves but that didnt work either. Any ideas?

SE-Chris
7th Feb 2013, 20:01
We always appreciate getting feedback from our players. While this is not something that we are able to change from our level we'll be sending these specifics on to our community team so that we can improve all of our titles going forward. If you are still looking for more troubleshooting advice please feel free to check out our other threas which offer a selection of solutions for the issues you've described. Thanks again!

SE-Chris
7th Feb 2013, 20:04
The big thing that you'll want to check out is the connection stauts.

- Have you tried disabling your antivirus and firewall before downloading the game? By using the msconfig command from the run menu you can reboot the system without any other programs running.

- Please ensure your internet connection is stable: hardwired to the modem and not utilizing WiFi.

jtmleczko
7th Feb 2013, 21:26
I've tried both us those and they aren't working. Also this only happened once I got to the second part of the game (second disk on the console version), before that it usually saved just fine. My last save was right after the first part ended and I've been playing for hours since then, so I really do not want to lose my data.

member_10247755
8th Feb 2013, 04:27
I've had this same problem. I tried running the game as an administrator, and that seems to have improved it a little. It will still be grayed out sometimes, but I have been able to get it to save within minutes very time so far. It also seems to happen less frequently.

SE-Chris
8th Feb 2013, 19:52
I'm glad to hear that running the game as an administrator gave you a little bit more leeway, I'll be sure to pass that along. You may also want to use the MSCONFIG command in the Run menu. From here, turn off any other programs from starting up with the system and give the system a reboot and see if that makes any difference for you. Lastly, if you're looking to remove the internet from the equation, disconnecting the Ethernet will be the most succinct way to get the game to realize there's no connection. Sorry for the continued headache, hopefully these steps will get you guys back on track.

Freyar
10th Feb 2013, 02:49
You know.. I usually try to be nice when it comes to support issues, but I've been stopped completely by this issue now. I can't even progress as the system continues to overwrite my saves (even when I import them manually) if it's connected to the cloud servers.

This issue sits at three weeks now.

A machine that didn't have the saves before is getting fed corrupted data from the SE servers and I can't get it deleted no matter what I attempt to try here. Why advertise cloud saves as part of it if it doesn't work (the activation issues are a seperate issue all together anyway). I'm actually fairly disappointed here. Square Enix did okay with Final Fantasy XIV support with it's abysmal launch, but this game, one that was certainly going to do well has pretty much nothing allocated here. The support forums are completely dead, and the only one with any hint of being involved with SE posts once every two days on issues that are basic trouble-shooting.

Why even bother selling this game in the first place? I'm starting to think I'd be better off just playing it on my PS3, or digging out my original PSX.

djhybrid
11th Feb 2013, 20:54
I FINALLY MANAGED TO SAVE GAME NO PROBLEMS -

Just disable your internet connection before you play and the game is forced to save locally and you dont have to wait to save you can just save like you would be able to in the original game, when you are finished playing you can just enable your internet connection.

DO NOT USE CLOUD SAVE OR ONLINE SYNCING IT DOESNT WORK AND SQUARE ENIX HAVE EVEN STATED THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF CHANGING IT AND WONT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH IT (Sorry about caps but ive just replayed 2 hours from the start to get back to where i was so i can save it and its now 3am)

It is unnecessary to always have to disable internet if you are on a comp/laptop that always has internet on but this is what your gonna have to do if you want to just play the game like we all use to in the good old days on the playstation, its not an online game so we have no need to be online whilst playing it and i really couldnt care less about the online achievments etc

hope this helps people :)

djhybrid
11th Feb 2013, 20:56

Just disable your internet connection before you play and the game is forced to save locally and you dont have to wait to save you can just save like you would be able to in the original game, when you are finished playing you can just enable your internet connection.

DO NOT USE CLOUD SAVE OR ONLINE SYNCING IT DOESNT WORK AND SQUARE ENIX HAVE EVEN STATED THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF CHANGING IT AND WONT EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH IT (Sorry about caps but ive just replayed 2 hours from the start to get back to where i was so i can save it and its now 3am)

It is unnecessary to always have to disable internet if you are on a comp/laptop that always has internet on but this is what your gonna have to do if you want to just play the game like we all use to in the good old days on the playstation, its not an online game so we have no need to be online whilst playing it and i really couldnt care less about the online achievments etc

djhybrid
11th Feb 2013, 20:57

djhybrid
11th Feb 2013, 20:58

djhybrid
11th Feb 2013, 20:59

djhybrid
11th Feb 2013, 20:59

djhybrid
11th Feb 2013, 21:02

barakatx2
11th Feb 2013, 21:03
I'm sorry but that is not really a solution. A lot of people need to be online at all times to receive emails or messages for work/pleasure. A lot of software requires you to be online to keep running. EG: Instant messengers, email clients, video/music streams, voice chat, servers, and just generally being able to open a website. I haven't played the game in weeks and this problem has turned me off to replaying FF7 for a while. Square Enix managed to take an ancient game and force it even further back along the technology timeline by making it so you can't even save half the time.

djhybrid

djhybrid

djhybrid
11th Feb 2013, 21:04

djhybrid
12th Feb 2013, 16:49
But if you are just playing the game why do you need to be online i have a laptop which is always connected but i just disconnect play the game and then reconnect all your emails etc will be waiting for you wen you finish, im more than prepared to do that simple thing in order to play the game for a few hours a day can you really not bare to close your msn messanger for a few hours?? it shoudlnt have to be this way but im not letting **** like square enix ruin my favourite game that i havnt played since i was 12.

I have found that to be the only solution and tbh if your at work surely you havnt got time to play ff7 anyway and if your trying to look at websites then surely your not playing either?

Im now enjoying playing it again i suggest you do the same and stop moaning about something that obviously square enix have no intention of changing.

Freyar
13th Feb 2013, 04:07
I paid, in part, for the cloud saves so I could play at home and at work with no issues. This problem in combination with ativation limits has absolutely halted that in its tracks.

SE-Chris
14th Feb 2013, 19:53
Alright, this is great to hear. Glad to hear someone making some progress with moving the save game files around with some success. It sounds like the key here is switching the files around while the game is running and then disconnecting the internet connection to make sure they get reuploaded. Louis, have you been able to manage your files on www.finalfantasyviipc.com (http://www.finalfantasyviipc.com/) as well?

SE-Chris
14th Feb 2013, 19:53
We apologize for any inconvenience which this may have caused. We've had a few threads like this with varying results. Typically you'll want to check the following:

<ul>
[/list]

You'd also want to make sure that you're logged into the North American area of the launcher by clicking on the Square Enix North America button at the login screen. If all else fails if you can try disconnecting the internet from your device and saving to your hard drive.

metatime
17th Feb 2013, 10:23
Mine isn't synching and it says remote sync ok and green

Have been over a week too

update:

The green light isnt exactly accurate. To synch properly, make sure to add final fantasy 7 to the list of exception to the firewall. resynch again and check the website to make sure its updated.

member_10366432
20th Feb 2013, 22:47
After spending 50 hours playing i find myself completly stuck in northern cave in the room where the party splits up. I used the save crystal and now the ladder out has become completly defunct and i can no longer leave. Looking around online, apparently this has been around since the games first release. Normally this wouldn't be a problem because i would just use a save editor to shift myself outside, but im not able to access my saves at all, let alone tamper with them.

It doesnt seem right selling me a product that doesnt fuction properly, especially when this problem has come up in the past. I'd rather not have wasted the last 50 hours of my life, cause i dont have the patience to 100% start over and just "not save there next time". Is there absolutly no way to have this issue patched or at least any way for me to access my save files instead of this silly cloud save?

hinematov
21st Feb 2013, 08:52
When I was playing FFVII REMAKE for PC, recently buyed (1 week ago) the Computer shut down because an electrical fail, and when the computer was On again, and try to play, only shows the NEW game option, the continue is disabled, I selected the "view online profile" and the webpage shows 0 times played, 0 times saved WHY???? There is no option to play the game only saving in my PC?

Ripax5
21st Feb 2013, 09:15
You will propably find something in the support area in this forum

here: na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139345/... (/go/forum/view/139345/234363/customer_service_support_issues)

If not, ry the support: support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?la=1... (http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?la=1&id=444)

riconegro
24th Feb 2013, 08:22
Also unable to save. No cloud, no local.

28th Feb 2013, 18:49
can anyone tell me why when i save on ff7 then play for a couple of hours it wont let me save anymore?? talk about frustrating!!!nothing like losing hours of play...

epicespeon339
1st Mar 2013, 23:54
I played for about two hours in the final fantasy pc game, but when I went to save it said something like that I didnt have a save file and wouldn't let me. I had to exit out of the game and when I came back, nothing had saved. What's going on..?

Big_Jdk-868761
2nd Mar 2013, 04:03
This is probably not applicable to everyone, but I was having the same saving issue at the first save point in the reactor - so, I minimized the window, went my firewall, looked up how FF7 was being handled, and changed some settings to provide it with full access. After that, I was able to save my game.

Hope that helps someone!

Thanks a lot! There was no exemptions in my firewall for FFVII at all so just added it and it's working!

SE-Chris
2nd Mar 2013, 13:43
We apologize for the trouble you have been having with this game. We would like to suggest to use a gamesave that is before this point and trying the section once more to see if this occurs again, this usually fixes the issue and may help you progress further into the game. We understand your efforts have been great and that you enjoy the rest of the game from that point on. The big three things we can do to troubleshoot this issue are as follows:

<ul>
Update your graphics card drivers by visiting the card manufacturer's website, downloading and installing the newest version. Check out www.amd.com (http://www.amd.com) or www.nvidia.com (http://www.nvidia.com) for these files
Get the latest version of DirectX from the Microsoft Web Installer
Do all the Windows Updates you can find via the Windows Update tool on your system
[/list]

Now if that's still not doing it for you, please make sure that the game is installed to the C: drive or at least the same drive that Windows is installed on. For you Windows 8 people, can you also try right-clicking in the .exe and running the game in Windows 7 SP1 compatibility mode to see if that makes any difference. Lastly, we've had another suggestion from a customer in an adjacent thread to install DIVX9, see here: na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347... (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139347/29622819/Another_case_of_game_not_being_able_to_load)

SE-Chris
4th Mar 2013, 12:02
We've had a few threads like this with varying results. Typically you'll want to check the following:

<ul>
[/list]

You'd also want to make sure that you're logged into the North American area of the launcher by clicking on the Square Enix North America button at the launch. If all else fails if you are able to disconnect the internet from your device you can simply save to your hard drive.

cerberus666
6th Mar 2013, 18:47
are you playing the psn download? ps original? other?

6th Mar 2013, 19:02
i got it figured out. just have to disable the internet connection and it will save locally

6th Mar 2013, 19:03
i got it figured out. just have to disable the internet connection and it will save locally

i am playing the psn download

tenaciouscg
7th Mar 2013, 16:03
so far the best way i have found is to disable your network then enable it again, then it connects. works for getting the game started.

not sure if your already playing and disable your network, whether it cuts you out of game and loses game data. try it out before doing anything.

This is the worst service i've ever had when i've just bought a game that has this huge problem. then to top it off it's not going to be fixed?!

Easy fix = save local option

lajos
15th Mar 2013, 07:48
I've heard some people say that cloud saving is not going to be changed, because it works properly. I find this rather offensive. Functionally speaking it may work most of the time, but from a design standpoint it is terrible. A cloud save is useful for maintaining a backup of your game, not for hampering your experience. Here are my simple suggestions for fixing the cloud save feature.

There is no reason the game should import saves while I'm playing the game. There is only one time a load option is even available, and that is when the game starts. In otherwords, this delay for me to sync up to the cloud while I'm trying to play the game is not only unnecessary, but causes undue stress on me, because I want to save quickly and get back into the action. There are only three reasons why I might actually want it to import the save. I have been using the char booster, I'm on a different computer, or my local saves are corrupt. In any case none of these apply while I'm actually playing the game, because the game is structured only to be able to load only on the first screen.

You might think it is a good idea to sync to the cloud to make sure my save games are 100% up to date. However, the save feature is meant to be quick and painless, so you can keep playing your game. Having it sync mid-game obstructs me from playing the game. If my hard drive is that bad that I need to back it up every time I decide I need to save the game, I have deeper problems than your cloud server can help.

Automatically updating the cloud is a good idea. And it might also be a good idea to warn me if my saves do not match what is in the cloud. Just in case I forgot I'm using a different computer, and to prevent me from accidentally overwriting the cloud data from more recent saves. In any case that still only leaves very few appropriate times for syncing: when I launch the game, when I exit the game, and if I tell it to.

And finally, the most widely proclaimed feature we desire, is the option to turn the cloud off. I think it is unreasonable that I have to disconnect my internet connection to make sure the game does NOT use the cloud save feature. The game is perfectly capable of storing saves locally, and does so even when I have a connection to the cloud. Also if a feature is not absolutely necessary to play the game, it should be able to be turned off. That is not a new idea. Computer games have had options you could toggle on and off at will since Pong. Well, maybe not Pong, but at least Commander Keen, and Commander Keen is pretty old.

DamageSQ
15th Mar 2013, 20:40
You're not alone, I'm there too, not to mention the many, many other posts on this and other forums bemoaning the inability to save.

The sync issue I can just about live with, it's annoying, frustrating and slow but at least if you wait long enough it'll eventually sync up and let you save. The problem that I can't tolerate is when syncing just stops entirely. I just went through the end of disc 1 sequence and having finally completed it, done all those lengthy cutscenes, climbed up a bunch of tedious cliffs and finally made it back to the world map, the game no longer even <em sab="661">tries[/i] to sync. Doesn't matter how long you leave it, once this problem starts it'll never again let you save.

This has happened three times now, and it always manages to be after I've done something lengthy or significant. Last time it did it when I'd done a whole heap of difficult Battle Square fights and earned the Omnislash, at which point I went to save this proud achievement and found I couldn't. Talk about a kick in the teeth.

My advise to you is to get Black Chocobo, which is an outstanding save editor. It takes a bit of getting used to but it has full Cloud Sync functionality and enables you to at least work around the problems. There's no way I could face doing those Battle Square fights again so I just edited my save and added Omnislash to my inventory, then created a Cloud Sync folder and picked up where I left off.

As for my current situation, I've now got to sit through the entire end-of-disc sequence again. What's supposed to be one of the most memorable, emotive sequences in gaming history loses some of its magic when you're forced to watch it twice in succession.

And all these well-meaning but unhelpful comments about disabling your 'net connection are <strong sab="666">not[/b] a solution, I'm not limiting my PC functionality or risking having my saves reverted if I forget to go offline before I play, just to get a game to work. It's crazy, and it just provides an excuse for the developers not to fix the issue.

The worst thing is that these forum posts reporting this problem go back <em sab="668">months. [/i]I'm utterly gobsmacked that nobody at Square seems even remotely interested in fixing such a fundamental problem, especially as a fix should be so simple.

Roquey
29th Mar 2013, 17:51
Firstly i would like to apologise for a thread necro but i too have come across this issue and the suggestion doesnt help.

This isnt an issue with gfx drivers or game location on the HDD but a bug in the actual game. And it seems that after a bit of research, this issue has been in the game since the ORIGINAL pc release.

When the save crystal is placed into the room where the party first splits up and the player continues through the next section up until the point where the party meets back up (before the section where they cannot come back through the cave). Then the player returns back to where the save crystal is, they are unable to climb up the pole to leave the room and eventually exit the cave.

Can i please be pointed as to a method to fix this issue in the game rather than being told it could be my drivers, which are always kept up to date. Perhaps there is a patch due, or something similar. I understand placing a team to fix a game that is so old (even though the re-release wasnt that long ago) isnt financially viable but i would like to continue on my path of 100% completion rather than having wasted the 40+ hours already invested into a game. And it seems im not the only one.

Any help for this issue would be grateful.

destruction7
29th Mar 2013, 20:18
That´s hurt FINAL FANTASY 7 MEMORY.

cmars555
9th Apr 2013, 14:55
I am having this exact same problem and it is incredibly frustrating. I have messaged the square enix people but so far they have not messaged me back. I also found an old entry in august 2012 saying they were working on it but clearly they are not making any headway.

Grimoire
9th Apr 2013, 16:53
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY VII PC Technical Issues and Support Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139347/236247/final_fantasy_vii_pc_technical_issues_and_support_forum)], and not in the [FINAL FANTASY VII (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/233973/FINAL_FANTASY_VII)] forum. You are more likely to receive help there than here.

demonlight
11th Apr 2013, 22:07
So I had been playing FFVII and had gone through the first portion of the game and just before crossing the ocean I had saved and was going to play another day. I then get on later and see that the continue option is grayed out. I had had a problem with this before, but it resolved itself. So I thought nothing of it and tried a few times reloading the game. This did not work. I figured it would maybe fix itself and I could get on the next day. I tried again and still nothing. I have now just logged in and viewed my online profile and it is stating I have no saves. Is there a reason why my saves were wiped? I thought for sure that they would have backed up on my local pc as well, but I guess there is only cloud saves. Is there any way to recover the save or will I have to start from the beginning again?

Battyone-526347
14th Apr 2013, 18:00
Firstly i would like to apologise for a thread necro but i too have come across this issue and the suggestion doesnt help.

This isnt an issue with gfx drivers or game location on the HDD but a bug in the actual game. And it seems that after a bit of research, this issue has been in the game since the ORIGINAL pc release.

When the save crystal is placed into the room where the party first splits up and the player continues through the next section up until the point where the party meets back up (before the section where they cannot come back through the cave). Then the player returns back to where the save crystal is, they are unable to climb up the pole to leave the room and eventually exit the cave.

Can i please be pointed as to a method to fix this issue in the game rather than being told it could be my drivers, which are always kept up to date. Perhaps there is a patch due, or something similar. I understand placing a team to fix a game that is so old (even though the re-release wasnt that long ago) isnt financially viable but i would like to continue on my path of 100% completion rather than having wasted the 40+ hours already invested into a game. And it seems im not the only one.

Any help for this issue would be grateful.

This also was present on the Original PSX release, the NA PSX release, and the Japanese PSX International Version. It's a point of no return and you've saved passed it, unfortunately the only fix is to go back to another save and then use your crystal before the point of no return. Also if you are only using one save file you're basically SOL, sorry, you have 180 or 225 (I forget if there's a total of 15 or 12 save files, with 15 slots per file) total saves available to you, safe early, safe often, save in different slots.

alanman178
14th Apr 2013, 19:32
I remember hearing about problems on the original PC version back in 1998. But, I never heard of that problem happening on the PS1. I know that doesn't mean it never did. It's just that I, and everyone I knew who played the game at the time, never had this problem. I feel bad for those who've run into this glitch. I don't know what else to say about it. :(

destruction7
14th Apr 2013, 21:23
That make me angry keep reading these errors threads is too sad for Final fantasy 7, 1st of many people is unacceptable those things.

SE-Chris
16th Apr 2013, 14:22
We are sorry that you are encountering issues when connecting to Final Fantasy VII.

This error message means the download did not go through properly. Can you please check the following?

- Have you tried disabling your antivirus and firewall before downloading the game?
- Please ensure your internet connection is stable
- Please ensure there are not other programs running in the background that would interfere with your internet connection or with the download.

We would also like you to log out of the game first. In order to log out of the Square Enix account you will need to navigate to the Network area of the Settings menu. Once logged out please click on the Square Enix North America login area. You should be able to log in with the same account information that you are able to log into this site website with.

shawnfawn
5th May 2013, 20:29
The game crashes and says, "Error" when I enter after one of The Turks in the Mythril Mines. I can still hear music, but my controls don't work and the screen goes black, and I have to close the program. I also have this on my desktop, but when I go on that, it doesn't have the same data that my laptop has, and in fact, one of the data files is corrupted. Please fix this becuase I really enjoy the game and would like to continue playing it! Thanks!

SE-Chris
9th May 2013, 14:12
We apologize for the problem you have encountered. The two issues may be related to each other. If the game save you were previously playing on became corrupted somehow, it may affect the game itself. You may want to see if using one of the other game saves, then immediately changing the save slot to protect the good save, then playing up to that point creates the same problem.

metatime
11th May 2013, 10:26
The green light isnt exactly accurate. Windows for some reason doesn't detect that this game can connect to the internet so it doesn't add this game to the list of exception. To synch properly, make sure to add final fantasy 7 to the list of exception to the windows (or whatever firewall you are using), resynch again (save) and check the website to make sure its updated.

metatime
11th May 2013, 10:29
The green light isnt exactly accurate. Windows for some reason doesn't detect that this game can connect to the internet so it doesn't add this game to the list of exception. To synch properly, make sure to add final fantasy 7 to the list of exception to the windows (or whatever firewall you are using), resynch again (save) and check the website to make sure its updated.

metatime
11th May 2013, 10:33

arizzo35
23rd May 2013, 13:04
So I play FF7 on two different PCs (desktop and laptop), sometimes when my laptop doesn't have internet. Once I can get the laptop to sync my saves, they don't actually show up on my desktop, and sometimes there is a "phantom" save which has a black background, party made up of 3 Clouds, and lvl 0. I have to login again on my laptop and load up the most recent save, save again, and then it somehow syncs correctly and shows up on my desktop, but even then the offline saves do not get synced once my laptop is on a network again and the client shows that the save files have been synced.

What's even more irritating is that last night I was playing on my desktop (which is always connected to the internet), made a few more save files which obviously synced, and now today they do not show up on my laptop...the most recent saves I have are the ones that were saved locally from yesterday. Anyone else having issues like this?

SE-Chris
5th Jun 2013, 15:03
We are sorry that you are encountering issues when connecting to Final Fantasy VII. This error message means the download did not go through properly. Can you please check the following?

<ul>
Have you tried disabling your antivirus and firewall before downloading the game?
Please ensure your internet connection is stable
Please ensure there are not other programs running in the background that would interfere with your internet connection or with the download.
[/list]

We would also like you to log out of the game first. In order to log out of the Square Enix account you will need to navigate to the Network area of the Settings menu. Once logged out please click on the Square Enix North America login area. You should be able to log in with the same account information that you are able to log into this site website with.

cedric.cheveaux
6th Jun 2013, 15:16
Hello,

I do not know if I'm on the right forum, but I have problems backups FFVII: PC on your cloud.
In fact this is one year I made requests for service, but nobody wants or gets to restore my backup ...
So it's one year since I can not play FFVII for fear of not being able to recover my backups ...

Can you make the necessary or required to do please?
Because I can not really over.
1 year, I think I've been more than patient ...

It is a french account, which reads the summary :

<ul>
finalfantasyviipc.com/fr/profile/Cedric1... (http://finalfantasyviipc.com/fr/profile/Cedric1361)
3 save in the account
Ticket open : "t1742468:<wbr>7382"</wbr>
[/list]

Thx a lot for your help :)

SE-Chris
11th Jun 2013, 19:21
We apologize for the confusion, we suggest contacting the European Support Centre (http://support.eu.square-enix.com/) as they would be the proper department to help with a European Square Enix Members account.

cedric.cheveaux
12th Jun 2013, 01:50
Thx for your answer :)

It's been a year since I asked that my backups restores me, and I always answer this sort of email prefabricated ...
I despair when I rang on doors hoping to retrieve the ...
You can not at least say that their is a guy waiting for a very long time please?

Thank you for your patience, and good day!

Llen
4th Jul 2013, 15:50
I logged in to my profile earlier under user name Llen_1 and I was given an option to switch my nickname to Llendar, after which I went to go play FF7, I leave my pc for a couple hours log in and now my save files are wiped , I have my data and save files still backed up, I was wondering if I can make it possible to get them reloaded back to the cloud.

YungMrMercer
4th Jul 2013, 16:29
I wanted to check out the character booster feature for Final Fantasy VII, but when I turned on cloud save it says not available. This is strange because i'm connected to the internet. Anybody have any ideas?

Melitore
4th Jul 2013, 17:22
The same thing is happening to me, there are no saves whatsoever for me. Kind of dissapointing.

vgj740
5th Jul 2013, 12:38
I went to go play the game today and all my saves disappeared. I had them there a couple of days ago. Anybody have any ideas what happened?

Ardent_assailant
5th Jul 2013, 13:07
I went to go play the game today and all my saves disappeared. I had them there a couple of days ago. Anybody have any ideas what happened?

My Cloud Saves are gone too. what's going on? I just got Vincent on my Team too...

wrussell1982
5th Jul 2013, 13:33

My saves are gone too.

wrussell1982
5th Jul 2013, 13:34
The same thing is happening to me, there are no saves whatsoever for me. Kind of dissapointing.

Same here, all of my saves are gone.

Ardent_assailant
5th Jul 2013, 13:43
I have my Save locally, but no way to access it. Are your Online profiles blank too?