PDA

View Full Version : Strange looking plantlife

iamtombombadil
7th Sep 2009, 22:28
Have any of you found a very strange plant type creature in the botanical gardens yet? If not, check out the spoiler section.

It appears on a wall above a bench in the room just before you enter the Aviary in the Botanical Gardens. You know the statue you scan for the Mad Dog riddle? Look to the left of that headless statue and above the bench there you should see something moving with four tentacle like appendages. If you batarang it or grapple it, it retracts back into the wall and smoke will appear for a bit then disappear. Anytime you exit and renter the room through a door it should re-spawn. Not really anything dangerous about it, but it is the only one I found so far. I should make a note that I did not discover this until after I had beat the game and returned to the BG to search for riddles.

iamtombombadil
8th Sep 2009, 00:06
Wow, perhaps I am the only one to discover this life-form. Or perhaps I win the prize for having the "secret game disc". Just weird that it is animated and can be hit and withdraws into the wall. I can't show you a pic, but it is there everytime in my copy of the game which is on PS3 btw. I am going to name it Bombadilicus ithicus.

SSJGoku786
8th Sep 2009, 00:15
Does it give you any points for attacking it?

SolidSnake_123
8th Sep 2009, 00:16
Weird...

iamtombombadil
8th Sep 2009, 00:28
nothing. Just there and looks like something out of alien. Quite different from all the other plant life you probably have seen around the island.

Arkhamar
8th Sep 2009, 00:49
Yep, i"ve seen it the first time around and it made me squeamish when I saw it. I immediately bataranged it and watch it go back in the wall. Good riddance! Lol!

iamtombombadil
8th Sep 2009, 01:27
On another note, rather than starting a new thread, who else was very disappointed in finding out the spirit of arkham secret. As soon as I hear the last message before we have to hunt down the spirit of arkham, I knew who it was and felt like crap. Oh well. Thought it would be something really deep and tied to the comics.

IZIEIRIOI
8th Sep 2009, 05:36
I found this a while back too, threw a batarang at it, I don't think it's meant to do anything special though.

Kai Rei
8th Sep 2009, 07:18
Got pictures?

A Dark Hunter
8th Sep 2009, 07:33
Got pictures?

It looks kinda like some lips with tentacles.

I saw it my first time (360). But I never hit it with a batarang. I need to try that.

Kai Rei
8th Sep 2009, 08:34
It looks kinda like some lips with tentacles.

I saw it my first time (360). But I never hit it with a batarang. I need to try that.

Okay, thanks.

On another note...

MY COPY STILL HASN'T ARRIVED, DAMNIT.