PDA

View Full Version : Kiddy game stigma

Moeez
7th Sep 2009, 12:35
Hi, Eidos and IO Interactive guys. How have you guys been meaning to get the "kiddy game" stigma off this game? I already have written a blog post on why clearly the game isn't "kiddy" in terms of gameplay (http://uk.gamespot.com/users/digi_matrix/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=m-100-25727095&tag=all-about;blog1) and offers a lot of options to players who are more familiar with the Hitman series of games.

But in terms of marketing, how has that been working out? You don't want people to think just because it's kid-friendly, that it negates the "hardcore" gaming audience and their attention.

ggratchet
9th Sep 2009, 04:24
If the graphics were less Mattel bobble-head toys, and more Kung-Fu Panda (and changed the title) I think they would have expanded their audience, particularly on the PS3/360.

RadarTrap
9th Sep 2009, 05:53
I think the graphics are one of the main draw cards of this title since they stand out for being original.
:o

the resolute girl
11th Sep 2009, 08:56
I don't mind the graphics (they are certainly not original but a shameless cut&paste from existing cartoon/comics), I've seen far worse in the "cuddly and cute" variety. I'm a gamer and if the game is good (and mini ninjas delivers enough options to keep me happy) I will play it. I don't mind that enemies go up in smoke instead of being sliced to little chunks of bloody meat as long as I feel challenged and entertained. All the combat animations, idle animations are topnotch, so no complaints there. Only thing that sucks (but that's true for every 3rd person game) is the camera. On PC (keyboard or controller, whatever) you often run in a corner during combat and then the camera freaks out and you can't tell wall from foe from tree.