PDA

View Full Version : Final Fanast V Complete - Do you want it?

espritduo
31st May 2012, 01:14
With FFIV Complete now, well, complete the next FF on the chopping block would be FFV. This game has been overlooked in the past, but it's one of my favorites, and I would love to see it get the full PSP treatment. I'd love to see another bonus dungeon/story added like they did with the other PSP versions, but in the vein of of the FFI, II, and IV bonus dungeons - gigantic, random-floored dungeons with lots of respawning treasures and all sorts of little mini-game-style problems to solve to get through each floor, with lots of replay value. The ones that were in FFV and FFVI Advance were great, but since they were not randomized, you pretty much went through them once, beat the super boss, and you were done, never to return. To this day, I'm still playing the FFI bonus dungeons, still trying to get every last thing.

For FFV, I think a multi-floor dungeon where each floor only lets you use certain jobs would be very cool, and allow you to really use the legendary FFV job system to its fullest. Imagine walking onto a randomized floor, and having 1-4 random jobs selected as the only ones you're allowed to use. You could end up with something easy like Knight, Black Mage, White Mage, Monk....or you could get screwed and be stuck with four Bards or something. The challenge of using the jobs you're given to get through each floor would allow for infinite replayability and force you to use all those jobs you never bothered with.

And of course, there would need to be an awesome super boss at the end that puts Exdeath, Shinryu, Omega, and Enuo all to shame. Maybe Gilgamesh, freshly returned from FFXIII-2, with all his gun-toting glory? Heck, just a proper full battle against morphed Gilgamesh would be cool. We never do actually fight him properly in his powered up form.

Would you want to see a PSP version of FFV in the style of FFI, II, and IV? What would you want to see in it?

member_10822883
31st May 2012, 06:06
Dunno what I'd want in it, but I'd definitely want it. V has the best gameplay in the series to this day, if you ask me.

SilverArrow20XX
31st May 2012, 07:56
I'd rather they do that for FFIII.

For FFV I'd rather a remake like they did for III and IV on the DS.

tiaeltaru
31st May 2012, 09:20
I'm thinking we'll probably see 3DS remakes of Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI.

Maybe sometime down the road after that we may see HD 2D versions akin to Final Fantasy/Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection.

Jackstin
31st May 2012, 09:39
I'm thinking we'll probably see 3DS remakes of Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI.

Maybe sometime down the road after that we may see HD 2D versions akin to Final Fantasy/Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition and Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection.

Wehaaayyy there you are /meltonbj

tiaeltaru
31st May 2012, 09:39

Wehaaayyy there you are /meltonbj

Good day there!

kupo1705
31st May 2012, 14:44
I'm personally not a fan of the 3DS remakes, so I prefer a 2D HD remake like IV.

How are they going to make it complete though? There's only one game.

tiaeltaru
31st May 2012, 14:46
With FFIV Complete now, well, complete the next FF on the chopping block would be FFV. This game has been overlooked in the past, but it's one of my favorites, and I would love to see it get the full PSP treatment. I'd love to see another bonus dungeon/story added like they did with the other PSP versions, but in the vein of of the FFI, II, and IV bonus dungeons - gigantic, random-floored dungeons with lots of respawning treasures and all sorts of little mini-game-style problems to solve to get through each floor, with lots of replay value. The ones that were in FFV and FFVI Advance were great, but since they were not randomized, you pretty much went through them once, beat the super boss, and you were done, never to return. To this day, I'm still playing the FFI bonus dungeons, still trying to get every last thing.

For FFV, I think a multi-floor dungeon where each floor only lets you use certain jobs would be very cool, and allow you to really use the legendary FFV job system to its fullest. Imagine walking onto a randomized floor, and having 1-4 random jobs selected as the only ones you're allowed to use. You could end up with something easy like Knight, Black Mage, White Mage, Monk....or you could get screwed and be stuck with four Bards or something. The challenge of using the jobs you're given to get through each floor would allow for infinite replayability and force you to use all those jobs you never bothered with.

And of course, there would need to be an awesome super boss at the end that puts Exdeath, Shinryu, Omega, and Enuo all to shame. Maybe Gilgamesh, freshly returned from FFXIII-2, with all his gun-toting glory? Heck, just a proper full battle against morphed Gilgamesh would be cool. We never do actually fight him properly in his powered up form.

Would you want to see a PSP version of FFV in the style of FFI, II, and IV? What would you want to see in it?

I'm personally not a fan of the 3DS remakes, so I prefer a 2D HD remake like IV.

How are they going to make it complete though? There's only one game.

They did say they were looking at doing DS remakes for V and VI, but not enough power in the DS for those, so they said a possiblity for 3DS.

They could easily do both if they wanted, remake both on 3DS, and release an HD 2D version down the road like they did with FFIV.

And not necessarily Complete, just some extras, maybe an Anniversary Edition like FFI/II PSP.

Port of the GBA versions with all those extras, spruced up.

adin_hughes
11th Aug 2012, 13:18
Please SE! Stay away from the 3/DS. Nintendo has shafted you and us, the fans, soo many times that I refuse to follow the series beyond ANY PS system. Stay on Playstation. Nintendo does not deserve your talents. Don't spread yourselves too thin by trying EVERYTHING, and EVERY SYSTEM. Stick with what you know. How make 5 Star games with Sony!!!

Tsuko85
31st Dec 2012, 21:55
I'd rather they do that for FFIII.

For FFV I'd rather a remake like they did for III and IV on the DS.

ewww no way, the DS version of FF III was horrible

I didn't like how you didn't start out with all four characters from the very beginning like the 8bit version

and it didn't feel right not seeing it in the old style like I, II and IV on the GBA

keikoku01
18th Feb 2013, 03:37
Definitely yes, I want to see them in style of FF 1 , 2 , and 4 PSP version. I hope that FF 3 will remake in 2D high resolution too.

What I want to see is the high resolution of FF 5 anthology with script and bonus dungeon from advance version, and game version of the anime sequel.

yankele
4th Mar 2013, 03:40
id love to have FFV 3ds remake but the 2D HD for psp looks awesome, i wouldnt mind any of those But please stay away from vita
sucks do it on psp OR 3DS

moooka
4th Mar 2013, 04:36
They need to make a sequel first then release a complete collection.

Tsuko85
8th Apr 2013, 02:03
there is a sequel somewhat but it's in anime form

Leaferian-379423
8th Apr 2013, 02:15
Yes, there is an animated sequel series called 'Legend of the Crystals' which is apparently set 200 years after V and has a female decendant of Bartz as one of the main characters.