PDA

View Full Version : Periodic stutter in B:AA

Dwarfieboy
7th Sep 2009, 08:07
I've got problems running the B:AA demo.
When I play, I suffer from slowdowns every 10-20 seconds. The rest of the time it runs just fine, no hangs or choppy gameplay.
It comes completely consistent, I can stare into a wall, and the stutters still appear.
Changing the detail settings to lower settings makes no difference.
I read that I could try to turn off the PhysX but can't find the option in the launcher menu...

My comp specs are as follows:

quadcore 2 2.8 gHz
4 gigs of RAM
GeForce 8800 GT 768 gigs ram
1 TB harddrive
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit

trek554
7th Sep 2009, 09:33
is that supposed to be a 2.8 core 2 quad and 8800gtx 768mb? also you arent making any sense. you said that you have tried lowering and changing the settings. well if you have then you would clearly see the physx setting that is right there with those other settings.

The Coca Cola Company
7th Sep 2009, 10:00
You aren't playing the demo, so buy the game.

Dwarfieboy
7th Sep 2009, 11:20
You aren't playing the demo, so buy the game.

Wth are you talking about? The game isn't even out yet for the PC...

Anyways, I found PhysX option, wasn't actually looking in the launcher, but ingame, ahem :/
But it made no difference.

trek554
7th Sep 2009, 11:44
Wth are you talking about? The game isn't even out yet for the PC...

Anyways, I found PhysX option, wasn't actually looking in the launcher, but ingame, ahem :/
But it made no difference. based on some of what you said, it appears you might be running the leaked version of the game.

Scarn
10th Sep 2009, 18:54
[QUOTE=Dwarfieboy;1167655]I've got problems running the B:AA demo.
When I play, I suffer from slowdowns every 10-20 seconds. The rest of the time it runs just fine, no hangs or choppy gameplay.
It comes completely consistent, I can stare into a wall, and the stutters still appear.
Changing the detail settings to lower settings makes no difference.
I read that I could try to turn off the PhysX but can't find the option in the launcher menu...

My comp specs are as follows:

quadcore 2 2.8 gHz
4 gigs of RAM
GeForce 8800 GT 768 gigs ram
1 TB harddrive
Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit[/QUOTE

It's just a demo there made to have problems like this. They delayed it to fix these problems and add physx

Pbrad08
10th Sep 2009, 18:56
It could be a heat issue with your GPU. Try cranking the VGA fan up some and see if that does any good.

Nemesis296
10th Sep 2009, 19:19
based on some of what you said, it appears you might be running the leaked version of the game.

What indications give this exactly? I didn't see anything that looked incriminating with the post....:mad2:

OP, Are you running other programs in the background that could be hogging your CPU? Your system specs seem *ok* to run the game, not stellar, but ok. If you aren't trying to run PhysX on max you shouldn't really see too much slowdown. Can you confirm that you're really only running the demo?

Also, there is a setting on your video card to either enable/disable PhysX. If this isn't set one way or the other that could cause some hiccups potentially as well...