PDA

View Full Version : I just got through reading about T4

littlektaffer
7th Sep 2009, 02:55
I now realize that I need to dust off my games and remember how to play. Get the ol feel of the BJ and bow again. Plus practice stealing loot on some of the taffers in here - lighten their load.....littlek starts to look around the Inn...ahhhhaaa :naughty:

Hexameron
7th Sep 2009, 03:12
Thief 4 won't be here for quite a while and like T3, will surely introduce unfamiliar controls and gameplay elements. I doubt any of us can be adequately prepared except for using wasd and mouselook.

But there's always a good reason to start playing T1/T2 again. I took a break from Thief myself for about two years. Even after that long break, however, I was still able to fire up a T2 FM and play without feeling rusty. Just like riding a bicycle, I bet you still know how to play Thief like it never left you.

theBlackman
7th Sep 2009, 05:20
I thought it was you. LK. Why did you have to get re-registered with a new name?

Did you change your Email Address and have to start over? If that was the case you could have EMailed one of us old timers to contact the admin for you and get you up and running.

In any case, welcome back.

Dusty

BrokenArts
7th Sep 2009, 23:54
Be sure to look for the The Dark Mod. (http://www.thedarkmod.com/) Its almost ready for release, they've been working on it for 5 years. Its stellar, its wonderful, these guys have worked sooo hard on this. This will keep us busy until Thief 4 see's the light of day.

littlektaffer
16th Sep 2009, 02:05
I thought it was you. LK. Why did you have to get re-registered with a new name?

Did you change your Email Address and have to start over? If that was the case you could have EMailed one of us old timers to contact the admin for you and get you up and running.

In any case, welcome back.

Dusty

Thanks tBM - for some reason my 'littlek' name would not log in and email did not change. So I tried another look. Maybe blond this time. :tongue2:

BA - I saw your post on Blackcat about Darkmod. Looks fun.

Rommel_1891
25th Nov 2009, 20:39
That's good news. I've been getting the Thief itch again... I'll be playing through 1 and 2 again soon I'm sure. One of these days I ought to play through Deadly Shadows again. I only played it the one time.

Old Man
1st Dec 2009, 15:11
Hi tBM, BA, PeterSmith, et al. "Thi4f." Good news! haha "Everything comes to he who waits." :)

Anyone heard from Sneak at all? And of course the granddaddy of Ghosting, clayman?

theBlackman
1st Dec 2009, 20:19
Hi tBM, BA, PeterSmith, et al. "Thi4f." Good news! haha "Everything comes to he who waits." :)

Anyone heard from Sneak at all? And of course the granddaddy of Ghosting, clayman?

Sneak popped in about 6 or 8 months ago, but we've not heard from him since (it may be longer than that) clayman is back, as is his son. And you were getting talked about a while ago on TTLG, if I recall, regarding the TURRET ROOM in Soulforge.

Welcome back. Have you had the opportunity or desire to try some of the newwer FMs out there?

I suggest, T2X if you've not tried the mission pack by the team. Also Rowena's Curse, The Seven Sisters, and the Lord Alan series of missions. These guys and ladies have exceeded the original games in plot, design, and action.

There are others, of course, but these are outstanding. Oh, before I forget, it's good to hear from you again. Don't be a stranger.

Dusty

Peter_Smith
2nd Dec 2009, 04:31
Hi Old Man :) What a surprise to see your post, and good to hear from you again. What are you up to?

I'll second what theBlackman said. You might also try the Rocksbourg missions by DrK and the Dracula and Bathory series by Sensut. Many, many others, as tBM said.

The ghosting business has slowed down a bit. There are still a few diehards, but Clayman and Sneak are not among them, or at least they have stopped reporting about it. Ghosting has become a very popular play style at TTLG, although some people still misunderstand what it means.

Old Man
3rd Dec 2009, 10:49
I'll certainly give these newer FMs a look at. Not sure I can play them right now since my graphics card is flaky. I did play T2X though. Terrific job by all involved. I faithfully install and tweak to run all the Thief games each new system. Still my favourite game of all of them even if I spend most of my time fumbling around in the MMORPG world at LotRO these past couple of years.

The Boss retired last June so we're thinking about travelling. Did go to NYC recently. I enjoyed it very much. NYC doesn't intimidate me any more. Thought it was very friendly. Even got on the kiss-cam at a ball game and everyone on the subway after spotted us. :) It's the beard. And the ponytail. ;) Thinking about Arizona for a bit this winter. I've been before golfing. Still got the pets at home tying us down a bit. And our granddaughter.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I'll certainly at least be popping around now and then to check up on Thi4f status. Take care all. /wave

BrokenArts
4th Dec 2009, 14:36
Hey Old Man, do stop in more often, lots of us still here. There are a LOT of FM's you can sink your teeth into. And of course the Dark Mod.