PDA

View Full Version : Random Tomb Raider Questions

JRod108
6th Sep 2009, 22:26
I was bored so, I decided I'd make a thread where we could ask random questions about all the games. Say for instance, Why does the plane in Legend not have any snow on it?

I mean, about twenty years have past, wouldn't you think that a ton of snow would accumulate over the years and cause it to fall off the cliff?

Why is it when Lara activates the portal in Bolivia she somehow connects to the Nepal portal somehow transending both time and space? Is it magic?

Why does Underworld Lara look so much older than Legend Lara? Did she find out that her mother might possibly be alive and then not do anything about it for ten years? Did she forget to put on make-up?

How does Amanda get down to Helhiem and why does she show up just in time to save Lara?

Why is it that in Anniversary, Larson was right behind Lara filming himself talk, not even speaking in whispers and Lara doesn't even notice him? Is he a ninja? Did she go deaf for about five minutes?

How on Earth did Lara manage to stick that ceremonial sword tip from the Peru level in Legend down her tight, butt hugging shorts? Where did it go? Wouldn't it look as if she had a sword tip in her shorts? Is all her junk in her trunks air?

I made this thread so we could all forget for a second about TR just being a game and that devs sometimes forget some of the stuff they do and create scenes and levels that don't make sense. It's just for fun to discuss all the funny and random crap that occurs in every game by accident.

Randy 54
7th Sep 2009, 00:26
These could be possible answers........
Metal holds temperature, so it's possible that the sun shining down on the plane, warmed up the metal which in turn, melted the snow.
I believe that the designers made her Legend character resemble Ms. Jolie because of the films. Underworld resembles Allison Carrol, no idea what they were thinking with TRA.
I thought she carried the sword over her shoulder so it hung over her back.

nikkinickels
7th Sep 2009, 07:22
"Why does Underworld Lara look so much older than Legend Lara? Did she find out that her mother might possibly be alive and then not do anything about it for ten years? Did she forget to put on make-up?"

that part with the make up made me laugh hahahaha
well maybe lara went through an age spurt in little time :O, i know right "who's ever heard of that crap before" ;D

and amanda's senses were tingling when lara was in trouble so her powers probably got her there fast.

and about the sword tip, yeah it is amazing how lara fits everything in her backpack, she's like mary poppins, well hello there lara poppins :D

oh and the part about larson talking, maybe lara was in her own world for a bit, like she zoned out and was unaware of any sound.

i don't know, just thought i'd kid around with silly answers :P

oraclebop
7th Sep 2009, 08:32
I was bored so, I decided I'd make a thread where we could ask random questions about all the games. Say for instance, Why does the plane in Legend not have any snow on it?

I mean, about twenty years have past, wouldn't you think that a ton of snow would accumulate over the years and cause it to fall off the cliff?

Yes there was, but only little. And you would need a little bit more weight than the snow to make the plane fall down.

Why is it when Lara activates the portal in Bolivia she somehow connects to the Nepal portal somehow transending both time and space? Is it magic?

It does transcend the boundaries of time and space, cuz it is magic. :p

Why does Underworld Lara look so much older than Legend Lara? Did she find out that her mother might possibly be alive and then not do anything about it for ten years? Did she forget to put on make-up?

I guess it had to do with the make-up, and the change of models. They tried to reflect her age I guess.

How does Amanda get down to Helhiem and why does she show up just in time to save Lara?

Amanda has inherited all of the money Rutland has, so she had the means to get down their. She possibly followed Lara, or placed a chip on Natla, then just entered through where ever they entered. She possibly wasn't far behind, seeing as she had the money to get there faster than Lara or Natla.

Why is it that in Anniversary, Larson was right behind Lara filming himself talk, not even speaking in whispers and Lara doesn't even notice him? Is he a ninja? Did she go deaf for about five minutes?

First: Yes, Lara does go deaf every 5 minutes. :lol:

But I think it's because Larson only speaks before he follows her, and then before she enters the temple. He probably only moved when Lara entered another area, and hid behind something I guess.

How on Earth did Lara manage to stick that ceremonial sword tip from the Peru level in Legend down her tight, butt hugging shorts? Where did it go? Wouldn't it look as if she had a sword tip in her shorts? Is all her junk in her trunks air?

She does have a holder on her backpack, which we all should know by now was a gift from Mary Poppins. :p

Just my two cents.

JRod108
7th Sep 2009, 16:55
Mary Poppins :lol::lol: I was watching Saturday Night Live this past Saturday and according to them, supercalafraga-whatever (I don't know how to spell it and I'm too lazy to look it up) is an STD that destroys your liver. :lol:

More questions!!! :nut:

Why is it that in Legend, in the flash back in Peru, Lara looks the same as her older self, but in Anniversary, she looks like she could be Lara's cousin twice removed? I'm assuming that the Legend flashback happened first mainly because she doesn't have her pistols and she was probably traumatized by the events in Peru so she wouldn't want to work with people anymore... It seems as if CD is having a hard time aging Lara. She either looks far too young, doesn't age at all, or ages too quickly.:lol:

Who took the time to spread all the relics and treasures around in Underworld? I know that the devs purposely did it to make finding treasure rediculously difficult, but ignoring that and just pretending that TR is real, why doesn't Lara ever find lots of treasure in one location that is heavily guarded with traps? Did the makers of these tombs say "Oh, hey, why don't we make it hell for anyone that tries to raid our tomb and spread all of our valuble crap everywhere and put them in random jars in random places?"

Why is Alister such a pansy and where did he come from? We at least know where Zip came from but what about Alister? He just always seemed kind of random to me...

Why does everyone call the doppelganger the doppelhoe? She's a clone of Lara that dresses exactly the same as her and acts almost the same if you don't count her being noticably more evil than Lara? This has nothing to do with the game but I've always wondered this...

Randy 54
7th Sep 2009, 23:55
The doppelganger first appeared in TR1 and was part of a puzzle. It seems that they expanded her role in the game for whatever reason.