PDA

View Full Version : Cool things seen in the new video...

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
5th Sep 2009, 18:55
"Panau is a veritable amusement park of chaos"

Nice quote. This is a thread to talk about the new features shown in the leaked video.
For example the map of Panau, the controls of tanks/cars and helicopters or a thing I just realized: the colectable armor parts and it's possible functions.
Lets discuss and list anything I have missed.

chickenchief
5th Sep 2009, 19:18
I am really curious on how the weapon upgrade system is going to work. In the begging of the video he picks up a weapon parts crate. Oh and i liked the semi-destructible environment. When he started blowing up trees and destroying towers i high fived my monitor in glory.

texkid4
5th Sep 2009, 19:28
I thought it was cool when in the beginning of the video that the safe house had a base jumping platform.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
5th Sep 2009, 20:43
Yep, destructible trees confirmed the hard way!
And the safehouse with the base jump there for you is great.
I love the chopper controls, as they seem to be "4 channel" (fully controlable direction like in Merenaries 2) instead of the "3channel" only forward and backward of the first just cause.
Hey, nobody cares about the body armor parts??

Edit: Big annoyance, even the steel fences turn red when the tank grazes them, people I DO hate it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.

texkid4
5th Sep 2009, 21:11
Yep, destructible trees confirmed the hard way!
And the safehouse with the base jump there for you is great.
I love the chopper controls, as they seem to be "4 channel" (fully controlable direction like in Merenaries 2) instead of the "3channel" only forward and backward of the first just cause.
Hey, nobody cares about the body armor parts??

Edit: Big annoyance, even the steel fences turn red when the tank grazes them, people I DO hate it :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:.

I thought i was the only one that saw the fences light up red, and the statue when he knocked it down. I agree with you. I HATE IT TOO :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

polimerjones
6th Sep 2009, 01:15
I don't think it really bothers me, the red blinking. though it would be nice to swap with blood for people dust for fences.

Though i just watched the video again.( like 20 times already ) and at the end when the dude has Rico hanging from the choppers and switches from down low (hanging from bottom) to the front (so he can shoot the enemy) then back down low (hanging from bottom) to the side (to takeover) , either he isn't used to the controls yet or it takes the game a long time to start the animation of switching stunt positions.

brauny
6th Sep 2009, 02:27
They really need to fix this red flashy thing. Don't they get it? If there is one thing everyone in this forum wants gone its the red flashy thing. I hate when companies screw over the ppl that ae looking forward to a game by keeping stupid stuff that noone wants :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:Sorry if i seem angry i'm all jacked up on mountain dew lol

PoorBison
6th Sep 2009, 03:58
After seeing so many uses of the angry smiley face, I've realised how similar it looks to this:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/fantasyzone/fz-sms.jpg

:D

Hobodealer
6th Sep 2009, 10:36
What leaked video?!

PoorBison
6th Sep 2009, 11:23
The leaked video :D

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
6th Sep 2009, 12:42
Big lol. Again! I can't stand the red flash. Everybody will laugh at fences turning red when you touch them. There is blood, it's almost gory, there is dust too, we don't need such a thing.

brauny
6th Sep 2009, 15:47
Its totally not necessary at all. It seriously needs to be gone or an option by the time this game hits shelves or else reviews will suffer and so will sales. I hate it I hate it I hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hobodealer
6th Sep 2009, 16:18
I love the way you can destory towers and statues! Also did you see that first helicopter?? Cool or what!!!?

brauny
6th Sep 2009, 16:24
Its cool until everything you shoot turns red. Dumb

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
6th Sep 2009, 18:15
I love the way you can destory towers and statues! Also did you see that first helicopter?? Cool or what!!!?

Yeah! The topachula rocks!

Ah, here again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOtdFUDdFI
See it, enjoy and complain

FOBfan1995
6th Sep 2009, 20:09
Did you guys notice when he switched to using C4. He held down x (square for ps3 users) to open up the explosives inventory. He had nades, C4, and something else that he had infinite of. I wonder what it was. Anyway, this means we will be able to carry 3 different guns and three different explosives. Cool!

The alert system looks pretty interesting. When you kill people and are around them and stuff, your alert goes up. On the right side of the mini map, there is a bar that goes up when you kill people or infiltrate bases. When you get away from enemies and are unseen, the bar slowly goes down. When it gets to the bottom, your alert lvl goes down. A lot of this was just guessing but I am pretty sure this is how it works

brauny
6th Sep 2009, 23:36
Yea that makes sense. But then wat happens wit alerts when were dragging a dead guy behind our car. Shouldn't it be through the roof?

PoorBison
7th Sep 2009, 07:16
Which reminds me, I wonder if we'll get a Mercenaries style disguise system, where if you drive a vehicle from another faction you get disguised as a member of that faction so you can infiltrate bases without being shot at.

I liked that feature, but if the don't put it in Just Cause 2 it wont really bother me. Much better things to think about!

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
7th Sep 2009, 12:08
If I can flee and leave them behind, fine by me. I hate omniscient cops in gta

polimerjones
7th Sep 2009, 12:54
yeah, i Jc1 it also seemed like once you had a 5 level you had to kill your self just to get it back to 0

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
7th Sep 2009, 13:30
Yep. It was decompensated. Then when you had completed the game and the map you had total immunity. Even killing an entire army was not enough to raise my level!

polimerjones
7th Sep 2009, 13:51
and the tanks in jc1 were crazy... two almost instant shells from the tank boom your dead. some times even before i knew a tank was there.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
7th Sep 2009, 13:57
and the tanks in jc1 were crazy... two almost instant shells from the tank boom your dead. some times even before i knew a tank was there.

Haha, yes. I guess someone mentioned that before. But that had it's charm. SURPRISE! BOOM! He had a tank, you didn't notice, you're dead.