PDA

View Full Version : The Map - Slightly Higher Resolution

PoorBison
5th Sep 2009, 11:22
At least the place names are readable! And look at the little islands outside the main area, like the tiny li'l one over at the very far right of the picture. I wonder what could be out there...

http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6049/jc2ma.jpg

beethamwest
5th Sep 2009, 11:55
This is from the youtube video in Full scren HD? ive gott he same as my background. Even at this resolution looks how long the runways are for the new airport, just south of the main mountains. Assuming this is an airport, but what else could it be?

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
5th Sep 2009, 13:26
Ahh...little island far away...secrets... Yikes!:D
Or maybe absolutely nothing! :eek:

brauny
6th Sep 2009, 03:14
That will probably be like a deserted island except there's a couple ppl from a plane crash and somehow a polar bear. It will be very dramatic and you go there to get any questions not answered and more questions.

PoorBison
6th Sep 2009, 03:27
This is from the youtube video in Full scren HD? ive gott he same as my background. Even at this resolution looks how long the runways are for the new airport, just south of the main mountains. Assuming this is an airport, but what else could it be?The Just Cause 1 map showed the airport runways at about that size, so I think they are pretty well in proportion.

polimerjones
6th Sep 2009, 10:38
you no your right the jc1 map showed the runways for that big airport but the wrong about the size. the jc1 airport was way way way too small.

Hobodealer
6th Sep 2009, 10:45
Where the hell is everyone getting all these secret videos and screenshots?!!!!! Please can I have a link!!!!!!!!?

polimerjones
6th Sep 2009, 10:49
that 11 min video post

PoorBison
6th Sep 2009, 11:22
you no your right the jc1 map showed the runways for that big airport but the wrong about the size. the jc1 airport was way way way too small.It'll be good when we get a decent sized shot of the map, then we'll know for sure where everything is. As sure as we think we are, we still aren't 100% certain that thats the airport, are we? Its just weird to have it on an island by itself, there's probably a bridge we can't see on the map, but still...

beethamwest
6th Sep 2009, 15:00
It could be like the Hong Kong, Kansaie airports and many others to be on a man made island with a bridge. As for JC1, the runway aimed straight for the terminal building so if you overshot the runway well its game over haha.

brauny
6th Sep 2009, 15:39
I thonk that is the main airport but there are others spread out all over the island and some secret ones like behind waterfalls batcave style and stuff like that lol. This would of course be where the octavio is

Hobodealer
6th Sep 2009, 16:20
I can't wait to explore all those little islands. Imagine a wise ninja on a far away island who gave you a fire grappling hook! Lol

polimerjones
6th Sep 2009, 16:31
It could be like the Hong Kong, Kansaie airports and many others to be on a man made island with a bridge. As for JC1, the runway aimed straight for the terminal building so if you overshot the runway well its game over haha.

thats what i mean. and the runway was so short you couldnt get the green plane off the ground before it ended and no room to maneuver the planes so they would be facing the runway. which reminds me that the airplane need better ground controls

Hobodealer
6th Sep 2009, 16:32
Remember, the New Engine, Avalanche 2.0 or whatever it is; is much better than the old one.

brauny
6th Sep 2009, 16:35
I got the plane off the ground but it was hard to control cuz it was so big and i crashed

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
6th Sep 2009, 18:17
Crashing planes is always funny

brauny
6th Sep 2009, 23:43
Except the dying part. I probably spent more time waiting for the game to load after crashing than i did playing the game

PoorBison
7th Sep 2009, 07:22
It could be like the Hong Kong, Kansaie airports and many others to be on a man made island with a bridge. As for JC1, the runway aimed straight for the terminal building so if you overshot the runway well its game over haha.True, haha, though I never really bothered landing there. The planes were so sensitive, if you ran over anything heavier than a muffin they would explode.

slayer925
7th Sep 2009, 07:31
lol (muffin) maybe on that island there will be the roumored legendary weapons fom the fist game like the laser cannon and stuff

PoorBison
7th Sep 2009, 08:01
There was rumored to be a laser gun in the first game? Hmm I didn't know that.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
7th Sep 2009, 11:56
Hah, rumors...

QCypher
7th Sep 2009, 13:35
Has anyone noticed the microscopic island in the lower right corner? I wonder if we can go there?

polimerjones
7th Sep 2009, 13:39
im thinking the main squar is all the places we can go. for the island in the top right thats no in the square, i'd say its a beta/test island that will be removed once the game is lunched. theres no point to make such a square map only to have islands outside it.

QCypher
7th Sep 2009, 13:41
im thinking the main squar is all the places we can go. for the island in the top right thats no in the square, i'd say its a beta/test island that will be removed once the game is lunched. theres no point to make such a square map only to have islands outside it.

Square only? Those lines are for the territories and spheres of influence. I figured everything you see in the map, thats in the game, is what we can go to.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
7th Sep 2009, 13:46
I want the little island in. And even secret islans even further, outside of the screen. Secrets and easter eggs FTW.

polimerjones
7th Sep 2009, 13:47
yes square
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6049/jc2ma.jpg

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
7th Sep 2009, 13:52
The map is a square, but i think the islands far away can be. BTW, are there two more even tinier? One little dot above the island in the north east and another one on the east extreme(almost same latitude as the selatan archipelago's name)?

polimerjones
7th Sep 2009, 13:57
i do see them, that just my thought on why that one island was out of the square and as for the dots i donno. but im hoping too that we can go there. i also hope they add some to the left side as well

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
7th Sep 2009, 14:00
Yesssss! They are dots in the map, but in 1000 sq km they must be quite big. Oh! What if the 1000 sq km included all the sea at both sides? :eek: Oops, I hope not! That would leave less than 500 sq km of true game.

polimerjones
7th Sep 2009, 14:02
very true... thats a good point.

brauny
7th Sep 2009, 16:54
O no theyre swindling us and feeding us lies. Wat the hell are suppossed to do in more than 500 km of water we better have a harpoon gun and some hungry sharks at least lol

polimerjones
7th Sep 2009, 19:36
yeah in one of the missions you start out on that tiny dot to the east. all thats there is a harpoon gun an a row boat. you look out at the body of water only to see swarms of sharks. hope you make it back to the main land....

QCypher
7th Sep 2009, 19:58
yeah in one of the missions you start out on that tiny dot to the east. all thats there is a harpoon gun an a row boat. you look out at the body of water only to see swarms of sharks. hope you make it back to the main land....

Sounds like fun. :D

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
7th Sep 2009, 21:29

Best idea this far regarding curious things or secrets.

PoorBison
8th Sep 2009, 05:12
Oh I think they will be in the game. It doesn't make sense to me that they would put beta-test islands on the map of the game in the PDA.

Maybe they are there to throw us off the trail of islands that aren't shown on the map... uncharted islands full of secrets, perhaps? :D

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
8th Sep 2009, 12:30
Seeecrrreeeeettsss... (drools)

PoorBison
9th Sep 2009, 07:35
Oh no, more drool! I just finished mopping up your first load of it in the other thread... :D

polimerjones
9th Sep 2009, 10:12
lol

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
9th Sep 2009, 11:54
Hehehe, You'll have to mop MUCH!

brauny
9th Sep 2009, 19:36
maybe you should be a janitor at a high school.

awesome_man
9th Sep 2009, 22:21
:lmao:you could clean the little kiddie sandbox:lmao:

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
10th Sep 2009, 11:48
Sandboxes FTW!

KubaD
10th Sep 2009, 19:23
Maybe Janitor in Scrubs. :)

brauny
10th Sep 2009, 19:53
O Yea Janitor in scrubs. Who would be JD Todd and Dr cox tho

Terma8r
10th Sep 2009, 19:56
is that an island near the bottom right of the map??
it's like a small dot

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
10th Sep 2009, 20:03
is that an island near the bottom right of the map??
it's like a small dot

Yep. I think so. We talked about that here, a few posts above.

Terma8r
10th Sep 2009, 20:04
Yep. I think so. We talked about that here, a few posts above.

cool

brauny
10th Sep 2009, 20:04
Yea we have some pretty good predictions on whats there. By pretty good i mean entirely ridiculous and not possible even in this game lol

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
10th Sep 2009, 20:17
Hahaha! I liked the idea of appearing there and having to escape. We could have The black smoke and a polar bear, and misterious scuttles

brauny
10th Sep 2009, 20:23
Wow i didn't realize how many ideas i had on this forum. Almost anytime aomeone mentions an idea mine is in there somehow. The only problem is we would have so many questions and no answers.......... wait thats still accurate to the show