PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who knows what the game called "WET" is.

hyrule12
4th Sep 2009, 03:27
i myself am a huge fan of this games concept, gameplay and soundtrack. i have played the demo for 360 and fell in love again and it reminded of what else tomb raider could do, such as the way you dual wield the pistols, when oyu are in slowmo mode you are able to control where one pistol shoots and the other shoots the closest enemy. i thought that to be the dual wielding thing from underworld times 10. also all the moves she does and what not. to me, this game is kill bill (fave movie) meets lara croft(not tomb raider, but the character). let me hear your thoughts.

IvanaKC
4th Sep 2009, 12:08
now, I know what is WET, I saw demo but I still don't know:

what is the name of that awesome soundtrack???? :lmao:

and BTW, I saw a thread on TRF: Lara Croft vs. Rubi Malone.
I say Lara because Rubi is just mercenary coldblooded and copied assassin.

jayjay119
4th Sep 2009, 16:32
I may get it, it looks good but i prefer the original concept of it.

mikey716
5th Sep 2009, 01:24
i kno wat its called

AdobeArtist
5th Sep 2009, 03:47
I may get it, it looks good but i prefer the original concept of it.

What was the original concept of WET? As far as I knew it was always this stylistic gunkata action game :scratch:

Pulse
5th Sep 2009, 08:15
I know what it is, but it doesn't look interesting. It feels too done before...

Also It's a little extreme for me, I checked the rating and alot of the stuff listed turns me off of it.

In answer to mikey's question: A Space Epic!.... just kidding! It's a dark misty japanese ghost story!

:p

Jason Miller
5th Sep 2009, 15:15
I have played the demo myself and was a bit skeptical but overall, it looked and felt pretty damn good!

jayjay119
5th Sep 2009, 18:25
What was the original concept of WET? As far as I knew it was always this stylistic gunkata action game :scratch:

Originally Rubi was meant to suffer from aquaphobia and water would feature in levels as puzzles and Rubi would have to conquer her fear to progress, Hence 'WET' as the name, but then they changed it. I gotta say though i played the demo the other day and it is pretty fun solid gameplay.

Jurre
5th Sep 2009, 20:16
Must you use the sword in Wet or can you do without??

Tihocan
5th Sep 2009, 21:14
Felt a bit too much like Stranglehold, with a tacked on sword mechanic. Looked good, sounded good, but the sword part let me down (in the demo, at least). I'm kinda bored by games using a typical 3 slash pattern for swords and the like.

"Wet" I assumed was a reference to 'wetworks'.

Jason Miller
5th Sep 2009, 21:21
Must you use the sword in Wet or can you do without??

You can do without

Jurre
5th Sep 2009, 21:24
You can do without

Ok, thanks.

Brodie
6th Sep 2009, 10:02
Originally Rubi was meant to suffer from aquaphobia and water would feature in levels as puzzles and Rubi would have to conquer her fear to progress, Hence 'WET' as the name, but then they changed it. I gotta say though i played the demo the other day and it is pretty fun solid gameplay.

Are you sure you're not thinking about the game Hydrophobia? It sounds a little similar to what you described.

jayjay119
6th Sep 2009, 14:29
Felt a bit too much like Stranglehold, with a tacked on sword mechanic. Looked good, sounded good, but the sword part let me down (in the demo, at least). I'm kinda bored by games using a typical 3 slash pattern for swords and the like.

"Wet" I assumed was a reference to 'wetworks'.

It reminded me a bit of strangle hold also but the way the platforming is mingled with the combat makes for very interesting gameplay that works better than, and wasn't as repetitive as Stranglehold, for me anyway.

Are you sure you're not thinking about the game Hydrophobia? It sounds a little similar to what you described.

Actually maybe I was... confusion lol.

Tihocan
7th Sep 2009, 04:12
It reminded me a bit of strangle hold also but the way the platforming is mingled with the combat makes for very interesting gameplay that works better than, and wasn't as repetitive as Stranglehold, for me anyway.

Actually maybe I was... confusion lol.

Totally agree - the demo of Stranglehold was enough for me. Just wish they could have made the sword a bit smoother in Wet.

But I'm just whinger :rolleyes: