PDA

View Full Version : Old School: Hitman 1 Problem

flynavy03
3rd Sep 2009, 22:17
I just installed Hitman: Codename 47 on my computer and am having a problem that I can't figure out how to solve. I think that my computer may be way too fast for the game. The opening cut-shot of the game has issues because it seems to be moving at hyper-speed. It can't even finish the dialogue before the video has moved on so it gets cut short. Trying to control the character is almost comical as even using "walk" will cause you to cross rooms in the blink of an eye. I even tried it on my laptop's "Power Saver" mode without any success. I realize that this is an old game, but isn't there some way to correct this? Here's the hardware I'm using:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.53Ghz
Video: ATI Radeon Mobile HD 4850, 512Mb
Memory: 4Gb

Hopefully there's a patch or some setting that I can alter to correct my problem. Anyone got any suggestions?

ahitwoman
29th Sep 2009, 04:16
Things to check. Do not have "Caps Lock" on. If you have a graphics accellerator, check it's settings for a possible fix. You might be stuck in "Caps Lock" mode reversal where 47 moves fast with "Caps Lock" off and normally when "Caps Lock" is on. I've had a similar problem myself and had to uninstall and reinstal the software several times before the program would run correctly. See if the are any updates for that program on Eidos.