PDA

View Full Version : Your gonna love me for this..........all you ps3 owners!!!!

bughole5
3rd Sep 2009, 17:58
TOO MANY GUIDES. NONE WORKED.........BUT NOT TO WORRY THIS WILL :)

if you want to play the pc version with your ps3 controller, it is very possible........32 bit and 64 bit as well, on any windows version........ill do a simple tutorial, so everyone who wants to use the ps3 controller can do so without any problems.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 1 (only for vista and win 7 users) go to this website and install the software driver signature enforcement overdriver http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=dseo

STEP 2 - open the file dseo13b http://geekytips.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/driver-signature-enforcement-overrider.jpg and you will see this, then click on sign a system file, and click next in the box put this in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ATITool64.sys then click ok, now click on enable test mode and click next then restart the computer.

STEP 3 - now download this http://www.motioninjoy.com/download..........open the file and install it, once you finish the install......connect your ps3 controller to the cpu via USB.....then click on start - motionjoy - install usb driver........let it install then once thats done and you get a log restart your pc again.....then extract this file and open the ds3 tool within http://www.motioninjoy.com/uploadfiles/testing/DS3_Tool.rar

STEP 4 - now open the DS3_TOOL shortcut, then choose the third option http://www.motioninjoy.com/images/software/game-profile-editor-quick-start.PNG..............and click on enable

STEP 5 - now go to control panel - hardware and sound - game controllers click on advanced and choose the motionjoy usb game controller.........click ok............click on properties which is on the right of advanced....you will see something similar to this http://s.lowyat.net/uploads//attach-27/post-56027-1235403797_thumb.jpg

STEP 6 - click on calibrate then click next now hold the ps button on your controller, keep pressing it until you reach finish......click on the test tab next to the settings tab.............now if you press a button on the controller you will see a number turn red......this means your controller is working now, every button is a different number...........go back to settings calibrate now setup your analog..........rotate the left analog in circle in the 3rd screen called axis callibration until the marker is centered in the window.............now click buttons until you reach finish - click finish - click on ok.....close the control panel...........your controller is officially working, now to set it up for any games you want

STEP 7 - download this http://www.sendspace.com/file/c2do14.....open the file xpadder...........http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8863/dsadc.jpg.......click on where ive written batman arkham asylum.......you will come to a pink looking thing on the bottom you can choose what buttons on the controller to enable, including the sticks...........once u press a button from the right tab it will form an icon like the one in the pic, then one u click on the icon, a keyboard will pop up, now you can choose what button on the keyboard the button on your controller will trigger.................you can setup the whole control scheme like that......once you set it up, now just run the game and it should work just fine.............oh yea dont forget to make the right analog stick your mouse and the left the arrows........just click on that little wrench tool next to the stick and pick arrow or mouse settings..........GOOD LUCK

SolidSnake_123
3rd Sep 2009, 18:12
I think you've made PC gamers smile a cross the nation, I amend you sir!! hehe.

bughole5
3rd Sep 2009, 18:45
no problem,.................:thumb:

betelgeus
3rd Sep 2009, 20:38
can you upload the batman xpadder profile?

plus i think youve left of the driver with the ds3tool

bughole5
3rd Sep 2009, 21:13
i fixed it, thx for the heads up

betelgeus
4th Sep 2009, 00:14
this xpadder profile mimics the keys from ps3 version you can swap digital sticks over if prefered.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZHXAE477

bughole5
4th Sep 2009, 01:54
betelgeus so the tutorial worked for you ? lol........are you using your ps3 controlle rnow

iceman0124
4th Sep 2009, 03:11
Does this work for wireless models? I ask because the 360 wireless controller, when plugged in via USB, ony charges and connects, no input data is transfered via the cable, there by wireless 360 controllers on their own are useless to PC's, was wondering if the same was with the PS3?

bughole5
4th Sep 2009, 04:09
you can use a blue tooth dongle for wireless support.........

Asurat
4th Sep 2009, 16:51
Very nice find!

bughole5
4th Sep 2009, 19:00
i hope this helps the folks out........this is not just for ps3 controller but also any gamepad

XStationCube
5th Sep 2009, 02:38
Why would anybody want to do this? Considering the PS3 version not only has the collector's edition and the Joker special maps due to Eidos being a bunch of dumbasses and horribly botching the PC version, if you can stand using a gamepad, you might as well just play the PS3 version. Also, I might add that buying a gaming PC and then using a gamepad to play games is pretty much the equivalent to buying a $100 keyboard and then typing with boxing gloves.

lostsomething
5th Sep 2009, 06:12
Why would anybody want to do this? Considering the PS3 version not only has the collector's edition and the Joker special maps due to Eidos being a bunch of dumbasses and horribly botching the PC version, if you can stand using a gamepad, you might as well just play the PS3 version. Also, I might add that buying a gaming PC and then using a gamepad to play games is pretty much the equivalent to buying a $100 keyboard and then typing with boxing gloves.

I likes my mouse and keyboard for fps games but some things simply do play better with a good gamepad - and I'd certainly prefer a dual shock to the 360 if mostly because its d-pad is terrible.

Giffen
5th Sep 2009, 06:31
Oh man, this couldn't have come at a more opportune time, i was just about to purchase an xbox 360 controller for the pc about an hour before i read this post. Good thing i had last minute second thoughts.

Thank you bughole5!! Your a life saver for a thrifty consumer.

Question: will this work with the PS2 controller?

I don't own a PS3 so what i did was buy a PS2 controller adapter for the PC and used my PS2 controller. Actually works fine except for the sticks. The directions are inverted. I push the left stick up it goes down. The right stick "camera angle" is worse. I push left it zooms in, push right it zooms out. For up and down it rotates left to right or vice versa.

Anybody had the same problems?

bughole5
5th Sep 2009, 08:45
giffen are you using the yellow version, thats in the picture....after installing teh first link ?....you have to do that, and then calibrate the sticks properly after picking the third option from the ds3 tool.....then in xpadder in the sticks tab properly adjust the sticks......ive bin playing arkham with my ps3 controller and its amazing, superior graphics with superior controls

Laughin9M4N
5th Sep 2009, 22:00
You guys can also use the xbox controller emulator from tocaedit.com http://tinyurl.com/lxgeso but it may not work on some controllers. I am using a ps2 controller connected through super joybox4 and it is giving me problems for my right analog stick (the X axis is not detected) so if you can upload a config profile for xpadder I will be very greatful. Thanks.

Maffers7087
7th Sep 2009, 05:12
What a lucky find I have acquired a Super Joybox4 adapter and the disk the driver is on is so badly damaged I can not use it. And every website out there gives me a 404 error. I have been searching the web for about 3 days now and no luck. If you could email me the driver you have I would be for ever grateful thank you for your time. Maffers
Maffers7087@gmail.com

reidsara
7th Sep 2009, 10:09
HI Dude
I have been looking for this one.For the last few days I have been searching on net this solution .When i try your steps according to guide its working well now.Thanks a lot.Where did you find this stuff is there any website there for this kind of issues.

bughole5
8th Sep 2009, 01:47
i actually had to do alot of trial and error

Laokin
8th Sep 2009, 02:49
Does this work for wireless models? I ask because the 360 wireless controller, when plugged in via USB, ony charges and connects, no input data is transfered via the cable, there by wireless 360 controllers on their own are useless to PC's, was wondering if the same was with the PS3?

No plugging it in via the detachable USB cable does in fact work for all PS3 controllers that are "First Party" (Made by Sony.) If you want the wireless function you have to have a Blue Tooth Dongle. They are $20.

Wireless 360 controllers are fubared by Microsoft's Greed. You either have to purchase a wired remote... or pony up the money for an "Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver." I kid you not... this is what the PC attachment is called for the wireless USB receiver. I walked into gamestop and asked for the Wireless Receiver for PC and they told me it didn't exist. I walked over to the display and pulled it off the wrack and said "What's this?" And they had the audacity to tell me it was a peripheral for the Xbox. I was like... Why would you need this for Xbox? It natively detects wireless controllers... and they looked dumbfounded. Needless to say this will also cost you $20.

bughole5
14th Sep 2009, 21:50
i hope you folks are using this

i01100100
24th Sep 2009, 03:25
hey guys, I got the ps3 controller working, but I'm having trouble mapping the keys. I can get most of the actions to work, but it's still a little clumsy, and I can't map everything. Is there any way to get the game to recognize the PS3 controller as a gamepad and use the Xbox controller setup? If not, how did everyone map the keys for the best gameplay?