PDA

View Full Version : how open is the world of mini ninjas?

4verse
3rd Sep 2009, 14:53
hi everyone

ive looked for this in the forum but havent found anything, so:

how open is the world of mini ninjas? is it similar to zelda e.g. - that is, you can go more or less whereever you want (but the world has its bounderies)? or is it a more traditional level-by-level-game?

thx and regards

Nick@IO
4th Sep 2009, 07:04
hi everyone

ive looked for this in the forum but havent found anything, so:

how open is the world of mini ninjas? is it similar to zelda e.g. - that is, you can go more or less whereever you want (but the world has its bounderies)? or is it a more traditional level-by-level-game?

thx and regards

It's not quite as open as Zelda. You progress through the game via levels and the levels are pretty open-ended and quite large as you should be able to discern from the demo. You don't go back to earlier levels, though, so it's not like Zelda in that way.

the resolute girl
11th Sep 2009, 09:06
I'm playing the full game right now and the maps are medium-sized with a main path and a few sidepaths along the way where you can either find goodies, shrines or avoid enemies alltogether. But it's kept simple and exploration is at an minimum. Once you emptied a level of goodies, money or enemies there's no reason to stay there, no respawns.

BatmanIsHero
11th Sep 2009, 12:32
The maps are really good. Some of them are big enough that even will make you confuse and if you will search for the items, secret stuff, and etc. It will take you lots of time. Edios Elicited a very good game that has all those features in it, its my first time I see a game like that. The game will Engrosss you for sure and its great.

the resolute girl
11th Sep 2009, 13:35
you aint played many games yet if you never seen a game like mini ninjas. it's neither innovative nor conservative, it's just a differently skinned take on tested design with a professional execution, that's why it's such a joy to play. Actually, having the "kiddie" angle helps the game since if it went for "realistic" design with lots of unnecessary brutality I would have not liked the game that much since it's just too simplistic and easy (even on hard). but since I always have the "this is made for kids" in the back of my head, my judgment is far less harsh than it would have been if that would be a ... say, Thief game.