PDA

View Full Version : Any chance of an earlier release?

iceman0124
2nd Sep 2009, 07:41
The new trailer looks very polished and simply awesome, what do you think the chances are of a slightly earlier release, at least for digital distribution, once its gone gold you have the production, boxing, and shipping to retailers phase which eats up about a weeks time....that has nothing to do with digital distribution....we dont need boxing or disc burning, printed manuals and shipping time....we just need the gold code.....

I've noticed omn steam is doesnt give an exact date, it just says september....heres hoping!:whistle::nut::hmm:

Asurat
2nd Sep 2009, 18:04
It shouldn't be released earlier online, if it where it'd be nice. Still retail for me though.

Will do Harley anytime!!!
2nd Sep 2009, 19:28
Sure, a snowballs chance in Heill:rasp:

Unstoppable
2nd Sep 2009, 21:50
There's always a chance but I wouldn't think about it. In two weeks and a half you'll be playing the game so don't even think about it hehe!

lostsomething
2nd Sep 2009, 22:43
I'd think the retail outlets would probably be peeved if digital distribution jumped the gun on them.

iceman0124
2nd Sep 2009, 23:26
I'd think the retail outlets would probably be peeved if digital distribution jumped the gun on them.

Most reatail outlests at least in my area dont have much love for PC games period, our EB/Gamestops ...all 21of them in a 40 mile radius probably have less than 100 PC games in stock, thats physical boxes, not titles. Our Best Buy used to be the mecca of retail software, now the games/OS, and productivity apps are all in a snug tiny corner.

Plus EB/gamestop have their own Digital DL service....so whos really thereto get peeved anyways? All the stores focus on are consolesPc is an afterthought at best these days.

Digital distribution in the mainstream way next to mail order from retail outlets....actually going into a store ....thats the old days. A friend of mine used to be in charge of half dozen EB/gamestop stores in my area, and he told me that in 2 years or less, they were going stict digital DL, and if you couldnt purchase that way, you could order a burned copy of said DL with a key for a substaintial price premium, around $15-20 for the media plus shipping, and depending on sales up to two weeks lead times, and that was almost a year ago, and from the looks of the stores, I believe him.

I'd say in the next 8 years physical copies will be extinct period, look at the new PSP for example, its digital content only, no drive, and "netbooks and appliances " are coming out with no drive optical, and getting more robust everyday. Digital distribution is taking over, love it or hate it.

lostsomething
3rd Sep 2009, 02:10
I'd say in the next 8 years physical copies will be extinct period, look at the new PSP for example, its digital content only, no drive, and "netbooks and appliances " are coming out with no drive optical, and getting more robust everyday. Digital distribution is taking over, love it or hate it.

Oh, I don't doubt it. I only ordered Batman with a box because it's apparently cheaper to print the disc, manual, "Road to Arkham" comic, box, etc. and then for them it to be shipped to a warehouse and then shiped to me than it is to put the installation file up for download for some odd reason.

iceman0124
4th Sep 2009, 22:17
No, and I think its pretty idiotic to brag about having an illlegit copy on the publishers forums....dunno whats worse, the act of piracy or the sheer arrogance...