PDA

View Full Version : PHYSX on the demo?

iceman0124
1st Sep 2009, 22:08
I've done several run throughs on high and normal and the only noticable differnce is the lack of the black smoke pouring over head in a certain corridor, and not as much paper flies around when you run, eveything else looks the same or better actually, the fog effects in the last and second to last rooms looks better and more reactive, when you walk through it trails your body a good 3 paces or so before going away completely...pillars still crumble, tiles go flying etc

I know physx is just barely tacked on in the demo, but I'm wondering if it scales itself back if theres not enough hardware to run it? I read a white paper article ages ago that said that was possible, when resources run out, effects can be "disabled or altered" on the fly and in set orders to make it seamless during game play...just wondering.

Ace Antilles
1st Sep 2009, 22:12
The banners on the ceiling in the last room aren't there on Normal settings.
I don't think there's too many differences but I plan on playing it on high anyway.

iceman0124
1st Sep 2009, 22:22
I'm gonna try it on high, but High details and AF are very important important to me so I'll probably wind up on normal as I only have a single GTX260 and play at 1680x1050....posted a thread last night but no one responed if a PCI based 9500GT would have any benefit towards physx? Or just be a waste of a C-note?

The demo runs fine all maxed out with 16x AF forced in the CP (big diff in the games appearance) and physx on high....just doubt the final product will be so forgiving, especially as this is supposed to be the flagship app for NV Physx.

I honestly havent noticed any banners...will look for them next romp, mebbe that suporsts my thoughts on auto scaling, if you dont have the resources, things are automatically disabled.

Ace Antilles
1st Sep 2009, 22:38
You can see the Batarang being thrown through them in the new Trailer.
It's not a big thing but if you play it with them on and then off you can notice how much more empty the room seems.

Billyman
1st Sep 2009, 23:17
The desk thats in front of you when you first talk to Oracle....the stack of papers on it is Batarangable.