1st Sep 2009, 17:17
http://www.demonews.de/kurznachrichten/index.php?shortnews=21692

I found this on a german website ;)

Dedimes
1st Sep 2009, 17:47
Brilliant find, Kudos

QCypher
1st Sep 2009, 18:03
Thats pretty cool. Now I cant wait even more! Did you see how big the map was?

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
1st Sep 2009, 18:03
Nice! Thank you dude!
Why aren't these things in the official website?

polimerjones
1st Sep 2009, 18:04
All i can say is wow!!! The game is looking great. There is way more destructible environment than before, like the trees. Love the Dual Hook work. I'm glad to see that when enemies get the HOOK they don't die right away. It looked like when the two soldiers got Dual Hooked they got up and tried to free themselves. (Hope they are alive for a little while whilst i drag them behind my car:whistle:) The desert area looks really nice and the view to the mountains...eeeemmmmhhhhh. The map looks really nice though you can't see where these big cities are located. At the end of this clip all i could think of is Dual Hooking those two choppers together and watching them flail around. I really want to play now.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
1st Sep 2009, 18:05
Nice! Thank you dude!

Why aren't these things in the official website?

polimerjones
1st Sep 2009, 18:09
Yeah i also find it weird that the true fans dont find out the news or see the new clips first. we have to go somewhere else for that. :hmm:

Kai_Oe_New_2
1st Sep 2009, 18:14
I was searching at Google News for Just Cause 2...

The video looks very nice but there are 2 things that it dont like:

1. It doesn't looks like there is really much you can to in that desert area (ok deserts are in most times not so crowded :P )

2. There military bases look very simliar (same thing for the petrol filling station) i would prefer very different bases..

Well still i cant wait for the release of the game / demo / beta

Ps: The map is really really cool!

awesome_man
1st Sep 2009, 21:38
is this video anywhere else on the web cause it wont play all the way through for me ...it stops at like
3 minutes and 24 seconds

FOBfan1995
1st Sep 2009, 23:47
And did you notice the map of panau when he opened his pda?

PoorBison
2nd Sep 2009, 00:33
Yeah, when you consider how big the desert area looked while playing but then you see how small it looks in the map it really puts it into perspective how huge the area is. It'll have a much larger feel than the first Just Cause because its so varied, even though they are roughly the same size.

And in the map did you see that little island at the top right, underneath the logo of the website? I wonder what is on that island...

EDIT: Come to think of it, now that we know what the map looks like thanks to this video, I wonder if mycoldman will be kind enough to show us a higher-res version of it? :D

beethamwest
2nd Sep 2009, 10:12
I wonder who leaked the video

Also, having had a close look at the layout of the map, and watching the visit Panau video, i think that when you see the ski lift thing heading up the mountains, with a city in the background with multiple highrise blocks, this is to be on the 'Ramau Rak Yat Islands' (spelling)

on the left hand side of the map, just above the desert.

mycoldman
2nd Sep 2009, 10:37
Yeah i also find it weird that the true fans dont find out the news or see the new clips first. we have to go somewhere else for that. :hmm:

We'll defintiely have some stuff going up on the website soon. She's a beauty isn't she?

As for a hi-res map... all in good time my friends.

dark_angel_7
2nd Sep 2009, 10:48
Excellent, thank you :D

PoorBison
2nd Sep 2009, 11:10
It is a very nice video :) Its great to see the desert area in detail, we've only seen bits and pieces of it in screenshots and the trailers, this is the first bit of solid gameplay. Now all we need is a bit of snowy area gameplay :D Theres plenty of time for that though, you guys still have to sort out all these disobedient websites who leak your videos :)

I imagine that the high-res map will be viewable when you bring the Panau section of your website online, I'm merely assuming that its an interactive map of the game. But what a nice looking map it is. :D

I was playing Just Cause 1 before, because I still play that all the time, and it struck me how I am still overwhelmed by the size of it. After years of playing, I still don't really know all the nooks and crannies of it. Just Cause 2 looks even more intense, and such a varied map, it'll be the best thing since sliced bread! I'm looking forward to this game on an equal level as I am looking forward to Muse's new album. And that is really saying something, coming from me ;)

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
2nd Sep 2009, 12:07
I fell in love again. What a beautyfull and enourmous landscape. I can't stop thinking about that of "there's something for you to do everywere" and then I see the tiny islands in the extremes of the map :scratch: and I feel nostalgic about the secrets in the world maps of the old Final Fantasys... :rolleyes: Ahh, I love it!

Edit: Oh, I wanted to see it again, but the site seems to have removed the stuff...:(

beethamwest
2nd Sep 2009, 13:23
Hope i don't get in trouble

http://www.demonews.de/videos/details.php?id=10156

There are lots of cool new videos from upcoming games including the new GTA DLC

chickenchief
2nd Sep 2009, 13:35
Awesome find.. now if i only can figure out how to see the goddamn video. I wish i knew german.

CentroX
2nd Sep 2009, 13:40
What build is this version from?

Kai_Oe_New_2
2nd Sep 2009, 15:32
I dont know why but every site removed the video. Seems like it has been released to early. I have found the video seperated in two parts on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSlW7bEKGRI&feature=channel Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBtnr3ob82M&feature=channel Part 2

And dailymotion:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xac6wo_just-cause-2-gamescom09-10-minute-g_videogames

Feel free to edit my post if this is against some rules..

CentroX
2nd Sep 2009, 16:14
I would like to see some footage at nighttime please :D

Callum
2nd Sep 2009, 18:01
Good find! :P

chickenchief
2nd Sep 2009, 20:18
Alrighty. after seeing that video i am pretty impressed, but there is a few things that are bothering me a bit. There is quite a few pop issues with vehicles and props, but it is not that big of a problem. My main concern is the blur or depth of field effect they have on things that are distant. It looks fantastic if you do it on things that are distant, but if you have it too close it makes it hard for players to see what is ahead. Toning it down a little would make it perfect. Just some constructive criticism for yah.

But i am really loving what i have seen so far and i now can finally feel hyped : )

CentroX
2nd Sep 2009, 20:54
Alrighty. after seeing that video i am pretty impressed, but there is a few things that are bothering me a bit. There is quite a few pop issues with vehicles and props, but it is not that big of a problem. My main concern is the blur or depth of field effect they have on things that are distant. It looks fantastic if you do it on things that are distant, but if you have it too close it makes it hard for players to see what is ahead. Toning it down a little would make it perfect. Just some constructive criticism for yah.

But i am really loving what i have seen so far and i now can finally feel hyped : )

agreed

hotduk
2nd Sep 2009, 21:02
Stupid internet filters at work...I can't see the vid. I'll have to wait until work is over.

caste581
2nd Sep 2009, 21:16
when rico enters a plane, helicopter, tank or whatever vehicle.. will u always see him open the door and get into it? because from what ive seen in this video... rico didnt open the hatch of that tank.. he simply miracled himself into it.. which looks a little strange imo... what i would like you developers to make sure is that no matter what vehicle rico enters.. there should also be a scene where u can SEE rico open the doors and get into the vehicles and not just miraculously teleporting himself into them... this was also the case in JC1 when e.g entering a plane or helicopter which i didnt quite like :D so i hope u take that into account and change that for even better playing times :D u know it just looks a lot better dont ya think? i mean just cause 2 will definitely be a really really great game, it will surely be an awesome experience and a blast to play! i cant wait for the release! :thumb:

FOBfan1995
2nd Sep 2009, 21:51
when rico enters a plane, helicopter, tank or whatever vehicle.. will u always see him open the door and get into it? because from what ive seen in this video... rico didnt open the hatch of that tank.. he simply miracled himself into it.. which looks a little strange imo... what i would like you developers to make sure is that no matter what vehicle rico enters.. there should also be a scene where u can SEE rico open the doors and get into the vehicles and not just miraculously teleporting himself into them... this was also the case in JC1 when e.g entering a plane or helicopter which i didnt quite like :D so i hope u take that into account and change that for even better playing times :D u know it just looks a lot better dont ya think? i mean just cause 2 will definitely be a really really great game, it will surely be an awesome experience and a blast to play! i cant wait for the release! :thumb:

Well, it did show him get into the helicopter in this video while it didn't on the E3 walkthrough video so I'm guessing they will add it to all the vehicles but they just haven't yet.

caste581
3rd Sep 2009, 00:00
Well, it did show him get into the helicopter in this video while it didn't on the E3 walkthrough video so I'm guessing they will add it to all the vehicles but they just haven't yet.

yea thats what i have noticed too... so im just hoping they will do so =)

Seventy49
3rd Sep 2009, 16:32
I don't know if it is just me but i couldn't see the video so i found a new link that also tells the month and day is released ( 03/31 2010 )

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/54870/PC/Just-Cause-2/Gameplay/GamesCom-09-Ten-Minute-Gameplay-Movie

Kai_Oe_New_2
3rd Sep 2009, 17:02
Eidos trys to remove the video on every site but you can still find it easily on some video sites like youtube ;)

polimerjones
3rd Sep 2009, 17:20
did they not like that vid??? also they took down the post with a pic of the map???

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
3rd Sep 2009, 17:23
did they not like that vid??? also they took down the post with a pic of the map???

There was a post with the map? And it got removed?? Oh, theirs is an unjust cause...

polimerjones
3rd Sep 2009, 17:24
yeah i posted it

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
3rd Sep 2009, 17:26
yeah i posted it

Sad, they sure don't want us to see this stuff yet

QCypher
3rd Sep 2009, 17:26
yeah i posted it

Post it again!

polimerjones
3rd Sep 2009, 17:27
i got the map as my pc backround

i would but i dont want to get eidos mad at me.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
3rd Sep 2009, 17:29
Mmm...it's so far away until the game comes out that they will show us things terribly slowly.
Try posting the map again, but I guess they will remove it

polimerjones
3rd Sep 2009, 17:32
hopefully you saw it. no i dont have a hi res pic but that site made it smaller. the original was bigger.

QCypher
3rd Sep 2009, 17:37
maybe if you go here http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7742/justcausemap.jpg

That little thing is your background? Or do you have a higher res version? And you definitely dont want Eidos mad at you. lol

CentroX
3rd Sep 2009, 17:38
http://www.videogameszone.de/aid,693954/Just-Cause-2-Video-mit-zehn-Minuten-Gameplay-Szenen/Video/

"this video has been removed due to a breach in terms of use"

seems the video was never meant to be leaked to public. I thought it looked good though.

compatible
3rd Sep 2009, 20:56
Wow is what I just want to say WOW , just downloaded the 720p version of the 11min vid and it looks fab , i know that it was not meant to be realised yet or ever but i just want to say it looks great and i cant wait to pick up a copy of this game , great job just cause devs you are doing a great job with this sequel..

p.s i will be watching you guys & girls very closely...

QCypher
3rd Sep 2009, 22:35
Wow is what I just want to say WOW , just downloaded the 720p version of the 11min vid and it looks fab , i know that it was not meant to be realised yet or ever but i just want to say it looks great and i cant wait to pick up a copy of this game , great job just cause devs you are doing a great job with this sequel..

p.s i will be watching you guys & girls very closely...

Should I be worried? Or just close my blinds?

compatible
4th Sep 2009, 06:43
Should I be worried? Or just close my blinds?

LOL ha ha ha that just made my day :nut:

QCypher
4th Sep 2009, 11:29
LOL ha ha ha that just made my day :nut:

:D lol

lolboyy
4th Sep 2009, 15:15
n0000 i cant see the movie of any of these links :(

KubaD
4th Sep 2009, 19:11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BOtdFUDdFI

Try this one.

lolboyy
4th Sep 2009, 19:54

Try this one.

i was just about to post that :D

Callum
5th Sep 2009, 09:26

Try this one.

Thanks, much better quality than the original post! thnx !! :P:rasp::rasp:

beethamwest
5th Sep 2009, 11:45
Just looking at the map in closer detail. There seems what looks like the main airport on a small island. Just South of where the main mountain range is. It looks like an East/West and North/South runway so im guessing a proper airport will be present. After JC1's attempt at airports failed, i was hoping for a proper one in JC2. Sort of like GTA, in GTA 3 the airport just wasn't an airport, but in GTA4, the airport looks and feels like one. This game has the potential to be the 360's most great yet, although the Ballad of Gay Tony looks sure to make GTA4 come to life!

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
5th Sep 2009, 13:24
Cool one! Nice quality. Now I have downloaded it to watch and examine it more times

polimerjones
5th Sep 2009, 16:16
what about at the top of the Panau Tengah Bay, i looks like a baseball stadium. LOL!

roundeye
5th Sep 2009, 18:21

Try this one.

Thank you SO much, dude :D

Seriously, this video needs to be made MANDATORY viewing upon entering ANY game site the world over. It will convince the most ardent skeptic.

This is easily my most anticipated game since the FIRST Metal Gear Solid on PSone.

Incredible.

polimerjones
6th Sep 2009, 01:12
Thank you SO much, dude :D

Seriously, this video needs to be made MANDATORY viewing upon entering ANY game site the world over. It will convince the most ardent skeptic.

This is easily my most anticipated game since the FIRST Metal Gear Solid on PSone.

Incredible.

I totally agree!!! maybe not on MGS for PSone but, I don't think i've wanted a game to come out soo bad before and it sucks i got to wait soo long!

hotduk
10th Sep 2009, 21:12
So I finally got to watch this video. I can't stop watching it. I have only been able to watch it on my phone, but am so stoked to get to see it on my computer, once COMCAST pulls their head out of their "dark place"...

I love how they changed the weapons control for the helicopters. triggers to control elevation, and bumpers to control weapons. Well done.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
10th Sep 2009, 21:15
You will not stop until you've seen it at least 30 times consecutively. And you will come back to see it more times later. Now, what do you think of the red flashy fences? Curse with us!

hotduk
10th Sep 2009, 21:17
I thought it was pretty. and pretty is the opposite of JUST CAUSE TWO!!!

Rico does not represent pretty.

He represents CHAOS!!!

...down with the red flash!!

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
10th Sep 2009, 21:25
I thought it was pretty. and pretty is the opposite of JUST CAUSE TWO!!!

Rico does not represent pretty.

He represents CHAOS!!!

...down with the red flash!!

You sure know how to do it! :):thumb:

brauny
11th Sep 2009, 00:09
so how many ppl hate da flash around 200 now. Thats basically everyone here with alot of other numbers i made up for the purpose of this survey

QCypher
11th Sep 2009, 00:25
Well if we go by your logic I should boost the numbers to, oh, about 6,000?

brauny
11th Sep 2009, 00:36
Wow 6,000 ppl hate the red flash. Kinda important if 6,000 ppl hate it and its growing by the second. We will soon be to 89 gillion in a week or so