PDA

View Full Version : Does the PC Version sell well

STOCKMAN
1st Sep 2009, 11:42
Hello i would like to know does the pc version of Arkam Aslym sells well?? How many copies have been sold?? Is Eidos pleased with Batman PC sales so far??

batmaster
1st Sep 2009, 12:10
The pc version isnt out!

iceman0124
1st Sep 2009, 22:31
I preorederd mine from steam...so offically I know one has been purchased......

With the purposeful addition of physx....I'd say the game will sell well to PC enthusits with nice gaming rigs, the game is also being bundled with higher end Nvidia based cards so alot of copies will be out that way.

Evga has a GTX 260core216 card that with the rebate and free digital downlaod of BAA comes to just over $100...killer deal and I bet a lot of copies go with bundles like that.

Ace Antilles
1st Sep 2009, 22:44
The sad thing is by the time the PC version is released it won't be a big deal. :(
Right now my local shop is highlighting console BAA a lot but in 20 days it will be something else.
They don't even promote pre-ordering the PC version much. I doubt it will even be shown on TV commercials by then too.

Consoles are it over here. The shop could get 100 copies of it on PS3 maybe and like 5 on PC! It's up to the PC gamer to know what's going on, don't rely on the shop to tell you.
Hell most places said the game was out on 28th August right up to a week before!

Unstoppable
2nd Sep 2009, 05:20
I think it can sell at least 300,000 copies. Depends on a lot of factors.

iceman0124
2nd Sep 2009, 05:39
The sad thing is by the time the PC version is released it won't be a big deal. :(
Right now my local shop is highlighting console BAA a lot but in 20 days it will be something else.
They don't even promote pre-ordering the PC version much. I doubt it will even be shown on TV commercials by then too.

Consoles are it over here. The shop could get 100 copies of it on PS3 maybe and like 5 on PC! It's up to the PC gamer to know what's going on, don't rely on the shop to tell you.
Hell most places said the game was out on 28th August right up to a week before!

The only place in my area for a decent PC software collection are Wal mart FOLOWED by Best buy, BB went from having two dedicated aisles to one little half rack off in a corner. Lack of titles and digital distribution are putting an end to retail Pc software.

iceman0124
2nd Sep 2009, 05:41
I think it can sell at least 300,000 copies. Depends on a lot of factors.

Including bundles and price dropped to say $39 and below your probably right, on its own at full price, I would guess about half of that. By the numbers, the consoles far outwheigh the PC hardware (IE high end NV based video cards) sales by a large margain, I would say the best the PC version could hope for is 15-20% including the free copies with hardware purchases. The console dominate the market, and you need a fairly high end rig to get the shebang out of the PC version. I'm just glad this game is getting the proper PC treatment, from the new trailer it looks to be worth the wait.

There arent many of us left willing to drop 300 or so bones on a video card anymore, whichin a way is a good thing, the mid range market is getting very blurred right now, especially with GTX260's for right at $100 with the game and rebate included....that used to be the entry level price point, though you still gotta factor in a large enough case, cooling, a CPU fast enough to take advantage of the card, tests show a 192 core stock clock GTX260 gets cpu starved on a core2 duo under 3.5 ghz, we still dont have stock chips at those speeds, plus a high quality PSU to run it all, that hundred dollar card could cost a lot more in the end for most.

Botiquita
3rd Sep 2009, 04:36
I really hope the PC version sells extremely well because it is a very polished game. I am surprised how smooth it runs for the kind of visual quality displayed on screen. Did I mention the gameplay is fantastic with a keyboard and mouse?

Please buy millions of copies.

Laokin
8th Sep 2009, 04:29
I preorederd mine from steam...so offically I know one has been purchased......

With the purposeful addition of physx....I'd say the game will sell well to PC enthusits with nice gaming rigs, the game is also being bundled with higher end Nvidia based cards so alot of copies will be out that way.

Evga has a GTX 260core216 card that with the rebate and free digital downlaod of BAA comes to just over $100...killer deal and I bet a lot of copies go with bundles like that.

It's probably not gonna sell very well at all considering the fact that most people who have PC and one console bought it already. They really need to realize that non simultaneous released will make PC sales suffer for anybody who isn't an enthusiast will just pick it up when it comes out on the console counterparts.

I think your right though..... most copies are going to be "sold" in bundles.

The reason your game shop doesn't have PC games anymore is a combination of the redundant piracy argument and the prevail of electronic purchases with digital download clients such as steam.

STOCKMAN
10th Sep 2009, 13:32
Well Street fighter 4 came to PC 4 months after the consol versions but i read in Capcom forums that it sold well and it continues to sell well. Why do you think SF4 sold well on pc when it came 4 months afther the console version?? Well.l it sold well on PC because:
1It was released on STEAM all STEAM games sell well
2 It was optimized for all computer so it could run ok with no problem
3 Pc version is the best even without Physx, so if someone has the console version, he can sell it and buy the pc version!!!
I Hope that Mini Ninjas sell well on PC as it came at the same time as the console version. Most pc sells now are digital. Most pc gamers buy their games from STEAM or D3Drive or Implulse. So if it is avaliable on all these digital pc networks it will sell well. The only reason that console sell better than pc is piracy nothing more

Inzane
12th Sep 2009, 22:18
Well Street fighter 4 came to PC 4 months after the consol versions but i read in Capcom forums that it sold well and it continues to sell well. Why do you think SF4 sold well on pc when it came 4 months afther the console version?? Well.l it sold well on PC because:
1It was released on STEAM all STEAM games sell well
2 It was optimized for all computer so it could run ok with no problem
3 Pc version is the best even without Physx, so if someone has the console version, he can sell it and buy the pc version!!!
I Hope that Mini Ninjas sell well on PC as it came at the same time as the console version. Most pc sells now are digital. Most pc gamers buy their games from STEAM or D3Drive or Implulse. So if it is avaliable on all these digital pc networks it will sell well. The only reason that console sell better than pc is piracy nothing more

It may sell better on the ps3 because of the blueray encryption than the 360. I think they should do blueray for pc in the future.

JayDeath
15th Sep 2009, 13:04
I just preordered on Steam last nite. Does anyone know when it will be unlocked and downloadable? I haven't been this excited over a game release in a long time! Woot!

Nemesis296
15th Sep 2009, 13:26
It may sell better on the ps3 because of the blueray encryption than the 360. I think they should do blueray for pc in the future.

This would probably be a nice idea, but I can't name 3 people I know with BD-Drives on their rigs. I don't even have one myself. I think the Blu-Ray marketing to PC would make a lot of people scream bloody murder. :o

STOCKMAN
19th Sep 2009, 17:56
As i saw today Bamtan is number one on Steam topseller list!! So is Eidos happy with Batman PC sales so far?? How many PC copies have been sold??

Zagadka
19th Sep 2009, 18:07
It is a bit nearly (not even near a week). Better results should be Tuesday.

Cirap
19th Sep 2009, 18:51
the PC version has the highest Metascore

PC: 93
PS3: 91
360: 92

samhell
20th Sep 2009, 02:16
i hope that it does well, though i have not yet bought it (though this is for a few reasons, such as i don't pre-order games anymore after games like mass effect had debacles with drm 99 any scheme like that i will NOT buy a game regardless of how good it is, as well as i am waiting to see if there are other issues with the game -- unfortunately games for pcs are screwed up so often, even if their counteropart on console is great, they do a lazy port to pc so often, with hella glitches and bad coding galore).
if this IS a good pc game (and plays properly on pc) i will buy it, and hope that many others do too.
i know there is a bit of bad press and customer reviews out, though some of that is related to crap from cracked copies of a version that wasn't even a released version (what do these people expect?) but i am trying to sift thru and see if this looks like it will be worth my while (and money). i hope so, cuz i want a new good pc game :)

on the BD topic, i would love blu ray games (way more info than a dvd 9 -- that could amount to some really heavy games, i a good way). i have a BD player on my pc, and even if the bd version was a few dollars more (with more options , like that play as joker idea for ps3)

lostsomething
20th Sep 2009, 03:28
i know there is a bit of bad press and customer reviews out, though some of that is related to crap from cracked copies of a version that wasn't even a released version (what do these people expect?) but i am trying to sift thru and see if this looks like it will be worth my while (and money). i hope so, cuz i want a new good pc game :)

I'd give it my absolute highest recommendation. Best game I've played in years.

on the BD topic, i would love blu ray games (way more info than a dvd 9 -- that could amount to some really heavy games, i a good way). i have a BD player on my pc, and even if the bd version was a few dollars more (with more options , like that play as joker idea for ps3)

Not really any point to changing format on the pc version, pc games always run off the hard drive so going over one dvd really isn't a problem - it's just a one time thing when you install the game.

Near the end of the cd-based era we were getting games on like 6 or 7 cds, I doubt there'd be any real impetus to move to blu-ray discs until we're at the same point with DVDs.

samhell
20th Sep 2009, 03:32
you are right about them running off of HDD, except when they still require a disc check, tho that is where i look for illegitimate fixes, even for a legitimate copy. if i wanted to change discs, i would have a console.

kntgsp
20th Sep 2009, 17:33

That's because everyone is buying it on Steam you moron. I haven't bought a game from a brick and mortar store in years. I don't even know a single person who still buys games in a brick and mortar store.

ColHanIndySoloJones
21st Sep 2009, 19:44
Dear All:

Good afternoon from Canada!! I hope this finds you and yours well.

The PC version of Batman: Arkham Asylum is now out for the PC, and it's GREAT!!! Glorious voice acting and atmospheric to the point of creepy. I don't know how old Arkham Asylum is, but it looks your typically old, decaying mental institution that had been, once upon a time, state of the art.

As for the characters themselves, they move as if they're real people--from Batman to the Joker and everyone else in between. When the player is told to rescue a guard, Bats bends over like anyone whose picking up something.

As for sales, it's doing extremely well. It's second only to The Beatles: Rock Band. Hey, if it looks, growls and stands on gargoyles like Bats, you know it's going to sell well.

Now, if all the bickering over Supes would stop, he, too, would also be doing as well as the Dark Knight.

Live long and prosper, take care and thank you kindly!!!

Sincerely yours always,

Indy.

STOCKMAN
29th Oct 2009, 16:14
So?? Do we know how many pc copies have been sold now??